slink
05-29-2005, 09:07 AM
must be wild driving 227mph a foot off the ground...amazing

boater72
05-29-2005, 09:41 AM
yep :) :cool:

MagicMtnDan
05-29-2005, 09:54 AM
Do you think her lightweight gives her an unfair advantage?
http://www.danicaracing.com/images/wpaper/2005/WP_800X600/DP_WP_S11.jpg

slink
05-29-2005, 10:02 AM
Do you think her lightweight gives her an unfair advantage?
http://www.danicaracing.com/images/wpaper/2005/WP_800X600/DP_WP_S11.jpg
only when she's getting "spun" :D :D :D

Flying Tiger
05-29-2005, 10:06 AM
No one mentioned weight when Andretti was leader.
I wonder why it's an issue now.

MagicMtnDan
05-29-2005, 10:30 AM
You don't really wonder. :D I think you know the answer. :)

mororless
05-29-2005, 11:10 AM
Unfair advantage? It gives her an Advantage but why would it be unfair? Sign up for Jenny Craig. It was to bad she stalled in the pits. She had a chance.

j-fib
05-29-2005, 11:36 AM
to bad she just took out other cars on a yellow

JetBoatRich
05-29-2005, 12:08 PM
She seems to be doing pretty good :supp:
except for fuel :hammer2:

FASTRAT
05-29-2005, 12:09 PM
what an awsome run for Danika...she should have won it...but she still made history & better things ahead for her
fastrat

hoolign
05-29-2005, 12:27 PM
She did an incredible job! and to be going up against that much expierience on that track..she either had some incredible beginners luck..or she is definitly a force to be reckoned with!! Great race!

C-2
05-29-2005, 12:43 PM
Man, that is one cool chick under the gun. Two major rookie mistakes and yet she was still out front.
She has just forged a whole new generation of Indy car fans.

roln 20s
05-29-2005, 12:46 PM
I agree--what a great race. A few errors (maybe rookie mistakes) and she's still in it at the end. I wish she would have pulled it out. She's got a new fan in me :) I think she will be real good for years to come.
I wonder how it is driving for Rayhal and Letterman? That would have to be sweet. I wonder if Dave will have her as a guest on his show?
Roln 20s

hoolign
05-29-2005, 12:46 PM
Man, that is one cool chick under the gun. Two major rookie mistakes and yet she was still out front.
She has just forged a whole new generation of Indy car fans.
It could make for an awsome centerfold....chix & cars! :D

C-2
05-29-2005, 12:48 PM
And I see the Foyt family tradition of underhanded driving is alive and well.....

Dusty Times
05-29-2005, 01:10 PM
I've watched alot of women drivers try to prove themselves and end up doing nothing but emberassing.
Danica deserves all the credit in the world especially her first year at Indy. What a great run. If she would have had the fuel it would have been hers.

*BN*
05-29-2005, 02:18 PM
The weight change came when the IRL was formed. Prior to the IRL they were weighed with the driver.
They also stated that 75 pounds equals approx 1 mph. With that said in the draft it could be as much as 2-3 and a definitely a "quicker" affect.

XtrmWakeborder
05-29-2005, 03:39 PM
She did freakin awsome! Major props to her, also she weighs alot less but obviously has much less strength and endurance. I think it equals out in the end.

Hal
05-29-2005, 03:57 PM
I think R Gordon was the only whinner about the weight deal and he was'nt even racing. Most other drivers realize how important she is going to be for bringing in new fans. IMO :D

*BN*
05-29-2005, 04:21 PM
I think R Gordon was the only whinner about the weight deal and he was'nt even racing. Most other drivers realize how important she is going to be for bringing in new fans. IMO :D
What a bunch of crap that is.
Your implying RG doesn't realize what a female can give to the sport. Where did he ever say that? I hate RG but how do you get from a person not liking a weight rule to not understand what women drivers can bring to the table? Are you saying other advantages or changes should be made to help attract more women drivers?
That race with all its integrity is the ONLY form of sport that doesn't weigh the driver.
Don't get me wrong SHE did great.
Maybe next year they have a 2LB rat drive the car so they can attract more cats in the stands.

Dusty Times
05-29-2005, 05:21 PM
RELAX!!!!!!!
Racing is supposed to be fun wether your doing it for love or money.
I never raced IRL but then again I was never put on a scale for any kind of racing I've done. :confused:

*BN*
05-29-2005, 05:32 PM
Relax mode enabled............
I ment in big time sport where there is a min weight restriction.
Horse Racing.
Big time Car Racing.
I'm all for fun and if you can get a talent that is lighter you have options on where to put the added weight like before IRL.

Dusty Times
05-29-2005, 06:14 PM
I race an off-road class that was very competitive and was very causious on my weight (no donuts). The power was limited and the car was weighed without driver. So the lighter the driver the faster the car. I do agree with it being more equal to weigh with the driver but if it made her as fast as she was today. All car owners would have a jockey for a driver.

*BN*
05-29-2005, 06:23 PM
I do agree with it being more equal to weigh with the driver but if it made her as fast as she was today. All car owners would have a jockey for a driver.
This I agree with.
Let put perspective on this.
The car minimum weight is something like 1500 pounds.
IF the average driver weighs 175 pounds and she reportedly weighs 100 pounds.
She is starting the race with a 5% weight advantage.
This weight advantage equates to a 1/2 a tank of fuel.
Now we all know that 1/2 fuel load in these cars is major to overall performance.
Now just think what she has when here competitors have a 1/2 fuel load.
I have know idea what the average weight of here competitors are so it might not be as great as I have described.

bigd1
05-29-2005, 06:39 PM
Jesus a chick almost wins the indy 500 her first time out and all you guys can do is bitch about her "weight advantage"? Sounds like maybe your dicks are operationg at a "weight advantage" too. All those drivers are tiny - have you ever looked inside the cockpit of the cars? I'd bet the average weight of the drivers is like 130.

*BN*
05-29-2005, 06:51 PM
These are the front runners of todays race. Not a 175 average but certainly not 130.
Bryan Herta. Height: 5-10 Weight: 155
Dan Wheldon. Height: 5-9 Weight: 157
Dario Franchitti. Height: 5-9 Weight: 155
Tony Kanaan. Height: 5-5 Weight: 147
Sam Hornish, Jr Height: 5’11” Weight: 165
Danica Patrick Height: 5' 2" Weight: 100
Guess it is more like a 1/4 tank of fuel.
BTW: This has nothing to do with a girl racing it is the weight rule.
I just feel that "IF" there is a min weight requirement it should be done with everything that rolls onto the track. Male, Female makes no difference.

BlownHowardCat
05-29-2005, 08:14 PM
I wish she would have won.........

DaveA
05-29-2005, 08:52 PM
I can see tomorrow's paper
Danica Finishes Fourth!
Oh, BTW, Some English guy wins

shueman
05-30-2005, 06:01 AM
Don't care how much you weigh, ya still gotta know how to DRIVE...the girl can def. do THAT....props to Bobby Rayhall for her development...

INEEDAV
05-30-2005, 06:02 AM
Jesus a chick almost wins the indy 500 her first time out and all you guys can do is bitch about her "weight advantage"? Sounds like maybe your dicks are operationg at a "weight advantage" too. All those drivers are tiny - have you ever looked inside the cockpit of the cars? I'd bet the average weight of the drivers is like 130.
When I got to the track yesterday I felt like she was more of a gimmick than anything. Obviously those thoughts were based on ignorance as she is actually one talented driver. Had it not been for running low on fuel she could have likely won the race. She did make a few mistakes, one costly one in the pits, but she has a very promising future in front of her if she continues to drive like she did yesterday.
As far as the weight advantage, I am sure there is a slight advantage, but those guys are more than welcome to diet. :idea: