PDA

View Full Version : Good river people

cola
05-29-2005, 09:21 PM
What makes normally good river people take it upon themselves to move someone else boats without asking. Is it just the way it is in todays world. Or is it just the holiday crowd. Then act like your the bad guys for moving our boats back where we had them parked. :eek:
Late, Mike

Kindsvater Flat
05-29-2005, 09:25 PM
Only time I will move someone elses boat is when the water drops and the boat starts to hit bottom. 99% of the time they will say thanks.

boater72
05-29-2005, 09:30 PM
Only time I will move someone elses boat is when the water drops and the boat starts to hit bottom. 99% of the time they will say thanks.
Same here. :cool:

cola
05-29-2005, 09:40 PM
Of course we had to move there boat out of the way. :frown:

Squirtin Thunder
05-29-2005, 10:05 PM
Where were you ???

bchbum
05-30-2005, 07:37 AM
I was at Roadrunner last weekend ,While I was eating a boat tried to park in front of us . They were having major problems docking . A guy at the bar jumped into our boat to protect it . This was a time I didn't mind someone in my boat ,since I was on the far side & unable to get there in time

cola
05-30-2005, 07:54 AM
Where were you ???
On the beach in the channel. The boats were moved over to with in inches from each other so there boat could squeze in @ the no mooring sign. We would of moved the boats in a heart beat if asked, but don't move it on your own just so you can fit. It was early on Sun. & I was only down at the dog park.
Late, Mike

Redneck
05-30-2005, 08:12 AM
I had a guy pull up next to me at the channel last year and ended up hitting my boat (no damage) and when I asked him what he was doing he said you know you should have been catching my boat your boat hit my boat. I was like wait my boat has been sitting here for a couple of hours your the person parking your boat. I was pissed. :hammerhea

Debbolas
05-30-2005, 08:45 AM
wow, that is why we avoid the channel and hang out at the sandbar (during the week) or some secluded cove............ :hammer2:
Floating with a bunch of your friends boats all tied together is fun also :cool:

Redneck
05-30-2005, 08:48 AM
Floating with a bunch of your friends boats all tied together is fun also :cool:[/QUOTE]
Anytime friends are involved its a good time!!

Dusty Times
05-30-2005, 02:44 PM
That's why you bring a mask to swim down and take their drain plug home with you.
Sorry to hear about what you had for neighbors this weekend Mike. :mad:

Squirtin Thunder
05-30-2005, 02:47 PM
That's why you bring a mask to swim down and take their drain plug home with you.
Sorry to hear about what you had for neighbors this weekend Mike. :mad:
Now thats a good idea :idea:

Kachina26
05-30-2005, 04:37 PM
I was hanging out with someone (I won't name names) who did that. Blew me away, I didn't know what to say or do. I was a little ashamed to be with them. They were gentle with the guys boat and really didn't do anything bad to it. The act just seemed plain wrong.

Dusty Times
05-30-2005, 04:39 PM
Get A Rope
Theres Gonna Be A Hangin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Squirtin Thunder
05-30-2005, 04:42 PM
I was hanging out with someone (I won't name names) who did that. Blew me away, I didn't know what to say or do. I was a little ashamed to be with them. They were gentle with the guys boat and really didn't do anything bad to it. The act just seemed plain wrong.
Yes you should be ashamed !!!!
That you didn't think of it first !!!!

Scape Goat
05-30-2005, 08:10 PM
Sunday I woke up at 4:30 am to hit a spot in the channel then around 11:00 these people started showing up moving there boats around to sqeeze more boats in, I was like cool then they come to move the guys boat next to me. this guys not even there push his in to mine and started to talk trash because I didnt help. So when I did I put the guys boat back how it was and told this punk in a 25' cat he won't fit to keep going. he went to the other side of them and sqeezed in.
I would help if;
1: the owner was there.
2: He came early like me to secure a spot.
3: if they were not trash talking about my so called dingy.
the list goes on
but I am not touching someone elses boat unless necassary.

cola
05-30-2005, 08:39 PM
Sunday I woke up at 4:30 am to hit a spot in the channel then around 11:00 these people started showing up moving there boats around to sqeeze more boats in, I was like cool then they come to move the guys boat next to me. this guys not even there push his in to mine and started to talk trash because I didnt help. So when I did I put the guys boat back how it was and told this punk in a 25' cat he won't fit to keep going. he went to the other side of them and sqeezed in.
I would help if;
1: the owner was there.
2: He came early like me to secure a spot.
the list goes on
but I am not touching someone elses boat unless necassary.
That what I'am talking about. I think most of these peps are locals or at least I see them every week-end. I don't know what they were thinking.
Late, Mike

Squirtin Thunder
05-30-2005, 09:07 PM
Scape Goat
Now I heard enough **** those Punks !!!!

bigkatboat
05-30-2005, 09:42 PM
What about people 'saving' 4 parking places for friends? We got up early enough to find a parking place, their boat guys didn't. We always use the poontoon on weekends because we just don't know who we will 'run into'. It's getting really bad when a group of people with NO BOAT, can tell boaters where to park. I understand, one boat saving one spot for a friend, but no boat and FOUR in a row? I've asked people to move a little, and I've helped people move a little, but never move anyone elses boat unless to put it back up on shore. The real problem is that most of the 'smart asses' who do these unkind acts have nothing to lose. If my friends, or me by myself went over and knocked out one of the little f<>kers, you know who would go to jail. Why are we even talking about this stuff, back in the 70's, 80's, hell even five years ago people had more respect for others. I'm also tired of the "stereo wars" BS.