PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to all the non-boaters in the channel this weekend......

SHAKEN Not Stirred
05-29-2005, 10:50 PM
......for leaving all their trash behind...... :mad:
Great idea Lake Havasu City Council.......... :idea:
CJG
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1780IMG_1467.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1780IMG_1465.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1780IMG_1471.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1780IMG_1475.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1780IMG_1472.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1780IMG_1473.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1780IMG_1463.jpg

BigDoug
05-29-2005, 11:00 PM
What the hell, why can't people clean up after themselves ? :confused:

Wonderboy
05-29-2005, 11:00 PM
That sickens me!! Same thing happens out in Glamis. Non-riders go out there and leave trash all over, start fights, etc. And the rest of us pay the consequences cause we're losing our privileges, like Comp hill at night. Not to mention the damage trash does to the environment... :( :mad:

bfab33
05-29-2005, 11:05 PM
That f@#ken sucks, I hate to see that . That F's it up for everone.
I always try to take out more then I bring in.

Rexone
05-29-2005, 11:42 PM
Probably a big reason right there the city is pissed in general about everything relating to the channel.

shueman
05-29-2005, 11:59 PM
Just great... :( Wouldn't happen if a boat was parked there...

Rexone
05-30-2005, 12:12 AM
The city guys making the decisions too may not even realize it isn't the boaters mainly leaving the place like a pigtrough. My guess is there are a few boaters contributing too to the mess just based on what I've observed from time to time in other places, probably not the majority by any stretch but as with most things everyone ends up suffering for the acts of the few dumasses.
But you see this everywhere, people just throwing their crap on the ground, beaches, the side of the freeway, my parking lot, hell I could overextend ***boats bandwidth completing this list. Some people just think the world is their trash can.

shueman
05-30-2005, 12:16 AM
I'm with ya 100%.....

essexjet
05-30-2005, 01:47 AM
What a bunch of azz holes!!!!!!!!!!!! That picture just pisses me off soo much :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

beer hunter
05-30-2005, 03:19 AM
You know the sad part is, these peeps would rather be tripping all over that trash than take a minute or two and clean it up. There's a frickin' trashcan right next to them. :notam:

Huckleberry
05-30-2005, 03:49 AM
You should forward those pics along with a well-written letter to the Mayor & City Counsel members!

TCHB
05-30-2005, 04:48 AM
It is sad to see the people trashing the place we all like so much. The police in the channel just drove on by while this was going on. The police were trying to find another lady with too small pasties.

Red Horse
05-30-2005, 05:03 AM
Get your buddy with a video camera and have him tape you when you ask the asshole punk to pick up his beer can and turn it in to the cops. Let them know that boaters like these places and wont tolerate this type of behavior. It is up to us to police ourselves. I know that most that are doing wrong are told to do right then they wont want to be around anymore. We as a community need to stand up and say something. Just like when someones kid got beat up at the sandbar everyone was ready to kill. Why dont we use that energy to clean up the areas that we like. I know if you come to my favorite beach at Mead and act like an idiot, I am gonna make you leave. It is time to take back what is yours and show that you can take care of it ;)

MagicMtnDan
05-30-2005, 05:13 AM
Boaters' Test, Question #1: Can you find the trash can in this picture?

MagicMtnDan
05-30-2005, 05:16 AM
This really sucks. This is what ruins things for others. I have to agree that the only recourse is probably:
1. Gather up a few fellow boaters and, with a videotape rolling, ask them politely to police their mess and clean up the area.
2. Turn the pics/video over to the authorities with your name(s).
Thanks for posting these pics to show us but boaters could've guessed who'd leave the place a mess.

boatnam2
05-30-2005, 05:19 AM
the problem is they think they need to show everyone how cool they are by how much beer there drinking,no one would know how much if they threw all the cans in the trash.

Double Quick
05-30-2005, 05:32 AM
Man that's a heartbreaker :mad: Up North we don't have it that bad....yet. We don't have any public services out on our beaches/rivers. Most boaters I know take garbage bags w/them and leave a cleaner beach when they leave than it was when they got there. Kinda like we were taught growing up. But you can bet the asswipes that litter and leave their trash, like in your pictures, are moving into our play areas way to quickly :mad: Fu*kn idiots :mad:

boatnam2
05-30-2005, 05:38 AM
the guy in the first pic should collect all the cans and go get his grill fixed.i got a number for him 1-800-dentist.

Tequila-John
05-30-2005, 05:40 AM
Damn that sucks. I have never seen it so f--ked up like that before. That really bumms me out. :devil:

doesitfloat?
05-30-2005, 05:45 AM
Can you believe that NOT ONE of those sh!thead kids felt uncomfortable standing in the middle of all that crap? I would just feel akward, if not disgusted, having to step over, around, or through all that. Like many times before, another great example of today's parenting (or lack thereof).

boxscore
05-30-2005, 05:50 AM
It's all so wrong, but also not surprising. It's been going on and getting worse by the week for the last couple years. What's hard is trying not to generalize and stereotype these dumbasses. Take a look at these peeps. They're the furthest thing from "boaters" there is. What REALLY PISSES ME OFF IS THAT THE CITY ALLOWS THIS TO GO ON AND INSTEAD PULLS ME OVER AND TO MAKE SURE I HAVE A THROWABLE. I hope LHC pulls their head outta they're ass. But what's gonna be the reaction of the city?..... anyone remember what Palm SPrings did about Spring Break... OUCH.

boxscore
05-30-2005, 05:53 AM
Like many times before, another great example of today's parenting (or lack thereof).
Spot on there. My Dad would have come close to killin me should he had seen me in that group. And I'd do the same to my daughter.

doesitfloat?
05-30-2005, 05:53 AM
anyone remember what Palm SPrings did about Spring Break... OUCH.[/QUOTE]
I went to Palm Springs the year right after their crackdown (1987 ?). What a difference, and a shame.

river chaser
05-30-2005, 06:23 AM
anyone remember what Palm SPrings did about Spring Break... OUCH.
I went to Palm Springs the year right after their crackdown (1987 ?). What a difference, and a shame.[/QUOTE]
I totally agree, I remember when Palm Springs used to be the place, not it's a joke!! If Havasu, goes that route, Parker for life!

Garrddogg
05-30-2005, 06:39 AM
NOW I'm REALLY glad I stayed home dont know if I coulda kept my mouth shut! prolly woulda got my azz kicked!
I hope we get alotta pictures of that type of shiat!

bigd1
05-30-2005, 07:00 AM
Looks like they were having a trailer trash convention this weekend.

hotlavey
05-30-2005, 07:14 AM
And in case you didn't notice, most of the jerks trashing the area are not minorities, they're white. Maybe it's time we take a close look at ourselves instead of always blaming someone else. Too bad we can't form our own "Minuteman Organization" and start helping LE enforce some of the laws. I also think it's a great idea to send these photo's to the city. Damn, what a mess. Those pic's are a real eye-opener and shows me why the city wants this area closed. It's just a shame we're getting all the blame for it when most of it belongs to the boatless butt heads.

THOR
05-30-2005, 07:14 AM
Typical. That is just sad. Those are the same a$$holes that throw trash out the window of their vehicles. Who do they think picks that up?
I personally pick up floating trash when I see it. Good boating karma.

RiverOtter
05-30-2005, 07:20 AM
Proof the rednecks are not exclusive to the Southeast :hammer2:

JetBoatRich
05-30-2005, 07:27 AM
......for leaving all their trash behind......
Great idea Lake Havasu City Council..........CJG
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1780IMG_1467.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1780IMG_1465.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1780IMG_1471.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1780IMG_1473.jpg
what the hell is wrong with these people :hammerhea they look like it is no big deal and normal enviroment for them :eek:
Get these dirt bags the attention they deserve, post up, send to papers, police let their faces be seen :(

Wet Dream
05-30-2005, 07:29 AM
YES, I can see about 25 trash cans in that pic. Nothing but s hit.

Not So Fast
05-30-2005, 07:32 AM
I swore off posting but I just cant help it on this one :burningm: If "Shaken not Stirred" could see this mess then why couldn't the LHPD see it??? Why should boaters have to try and correct this kind off crap? WE HAVE LAWS AGAINST LITTERING, RIGHT? Why wont the LHPD get off thier quads or pull up thier patrol boat and tell this group of butt wipes to either clean it up or make a mass arrest. This is exactly whats wrong with the channel and the powers that be are either too lazy or too stupid to see it. Don't tell me that we don't have enough LEO's because thats BS. As most of us finally agree on something, OUIT WORRYING ABOUT THE SMALL SHIT AND JUST GET THE DAMN JOB DONE!! I am positive that 95% of the people on this board could drive by and spot potantial trouble BEFORE IT HAPPENED, WHY THEN CAN"T OUR TRAINED LEO"S. I'm out!! NSF

Kim Hanson
05-30-2005, 07:45 AM
I would just start picking it up and throwing it in the garabge myself, happens up here also...( . )( . )......Not that bad though :idea:

Ivan Dan
05-30-2005, 07:54 AM
This was the most disgusting site I've ever seen around this town. We rolled through the channel yesterday (BIG MISTAKE) about 4:30ish and almost got side swiped by 4-5 drunkass mofo's not paying attention. Anyways, the point was I saw this in person and those pictures don't even show the whole thing. There were probably 500 people crammed into that little area and the WHOLE area was covered in trash.
As I almost got sideswiped for the last time and was almost to Thompson Bay my temperature was boiling I told everyone on my boat that we are NEVER going on the lake again on a holiday weekend PERIOD.

KoolPop
05-30-2005, 08:01 AM
My guess is 99% or higher of us locals do not venture out to the lake on holidays. I also agree it is not the boaters creating the trash (at least I hope not.) If any of you irresponsible idiots creating this mess are reading this, how about giving something to society instead of just being a taker. It's time to grow up! Memo, to the Lake Havasu City council, It's time to enforce the laws that are on the books, (like the litter laws) and not just try to think up ways to legislate everyones lives. Many of us enjoy the lake and don't want it to be changed to suit your old fashioned ideology. And please don't forget, WE VOTE! :argue:

river chaser
05-30-2005, 08:01 AM
I guess on the recycle side, some treasure hunter will make some $$$$$$ :220v:

Dan Lorenze
05-30-2005, 08:06 AM
The litter law needs to be enforced, hand out a couple hundred or so tickets and people will get the idea that. How about drunk in puplic? Bring a bus and fill it full of drunks, ticket them or book them.... Let the public know that it's not OK to trash Havasu.. Actually it would be very easy.. It would be nice to see some of this enforced.. With all the money earned, make improvements to the city. Let the public know that if you want to trash a city don't come to Lake Havasu...

TCHB
05-30-2005, 08:10 AM
Havasu Police Department just drove on by and did nothing. Where the boats were parked it was typical clean. As you drove these trailer trash people were standing in the trash talking!!!!!!!!!

OGShocker
05-30-2005, 08:13 AM
This pisses me off so much I am have a hard time not kicking the s**t outta the pictures on my screen!

RiverOtter
05-30-2005, 08:14 AM
As I almost got sideswiped for the last time and was almost to Thompson Bay my temperature was boiling I told everyone on my boat that we are NEVER going on the lake again on a holiday weekend PERIOD.
Just come to TN. Nothing like those pics on Saturday :cool:

Kilrtoy
05-30-2005, 08:18 AM
That is unreal.....
I wish i could say that was a RTJ photochop

Wicky
05-30-2005, 08:24 AM
Get your buddy with a video camera and have him tape you when you ask the asshole punk to pick up his beer can and turn it in to the cops. Let them know that boaters like these places and wont tolerate this type of behavior. It is up to us to police ourselves. I know that most that are doing wrong are told to do right then they wont want to be around anymore. We as a community need to stand up and say something. Just like when someones kid got beat up at the sandbar everyone was ready to kill. Why dont we use that energy to clean up the areas that we like. I know if you come to my favorite beach at Mead and act like an idiot, I am gonna make you leave. It is time to take back what is yours and show that you can take care of it ;)
Thank you for the best idea yet!! Ironically enough, here in Boise the city council made it illegal to drink on the shores of the Boise River where over 200,000 est. people float down in the summer. As a direct reaction, beer cans were so thick on the shoreline it was sad. If alcohol wasn't banned on the shoreline most people would hold on to those beer cans and not chuck em. Now, the authorities are banning alcohol altogether. Zero tolerance because of all the beer cans from last year. I betcha the trash on the side of the river doubles now that nobody wants to get caught with their beer.
Up to a couple of years ago, it was legal to drink beer while driving on the interstate in Idaho as long as you weren't past the .08% There was very little trash on the sides of the road here in Idaho. Now that it is illegal, there are beer cans all over the sides of the road. Hmmmmm lets see here. Throw the beer cans out the window with very little risk or, risk the ticket of an open container or DUI with an empty beer can in your vehicle.
I don't think people toss beer cans to just toss beer cans. I think they toss them because they don't wan't to get into trouble. The cans being the "smoking gun" so to speak.
Why in the hell shouldn't a passenger be allowed to drink a beer in a car anyway???
Too many f.ucking laws and too many fuc.king idiots making them,
Wicky

bigq
05-30-2005, 08:26 AM
UnF***ing believable!!!!!!!!!!!! You know when I was growing up people laugh at the crying Indian, but it made an inpression on me. I see this everywhere i go nowadays. People throwing trash out the car windows, bags of food, cans, straw wrappers. The generation now has a total lack of respect for the land and we need to start enforcing the litter laws and start a campaign again that vigorously enforces the laws. The sad part is sometimes i don't say anything in fear of someone shooting me for saying something. :( It's pictures like this that just piss me off to no end. :burningm: :burningm: All I know is if these were my kids they would be in a load of crap. :burningm: :burningm:

WaTchTheGelCoat
05-30-2005, 08:33 AM
I drove through the Channel on Saturday morning at 7:30 am, and that shit was already starting. Forward those pics to the city counsil, and let the know what the real problem is. :mad:

TCHB
05-30-2005, 08:37 AM
The pictures tell all!!
Memorial Day Weekend update
LAKE HAVASU CITY, Ariz. – Memorial Day weekenders maintain a cool head.
As of Sunday afternoon Memorial Day Weekend had been a rather calm one. Lake Havasu City Police Department spokesperson Lt. Richie Sloma spent his weekend patrolling the channel. Sloma stated that as of Sunday afternoon approximatly105 arrests had been made, and that most of those were due to underage consumption.

Wicky
05-30-2005, 08:39 AM
A little story that happened to me a few years ago regarding trash.
I was driving down the road behind a car where the driver was throwing her trash out the window. Ironically enough, she pulls into the Albertsons that I was going to.
She gets out of the car. I tell her to go back and pick up the trash that she had just thrown out of her window. She tells me to f.uck off.
I tell her I have her license plate # and I will report her.
Next thing, her boyfriend jumps out of the car, gets in my face as I'm still sitting in my truck. I told him to step back as I had my finger on the 1 after dialing 91 on my cell phone. He steps back, and then over his shoulder, his girlfriend hurls a porcelin dinner plate at me. I raise my arm to block the plate from hitting my face. It cuts my arm wide open. The "1" is pushed on my cell phone.
Cops show up. TV news shows up. Cops haul the white trash woman away!!!! I go to the ER, and recieve 20 some odd stitches in my arm.
The PA asks what I want for restitution, and I reply, "I want the bitch to be cleaning up the freeway for 6 months straight community service." The PA
obliged. The bitch didn't show. She was hauled off and spent XMAS weekend in jail and then picked up trash for 6 months.
Moral to the story, some people will always be "white trash" no matter what the law.
Wicky

bigq
05-30-2005, 08:40 AM
This is where I sent my e-mail:
mayor@ci.lake-havasu-city.az.us
Fall on deaf ears? :rolleyes:

Wicky
05-30-2005, 08:42 AM
UnF***ing believable!!!!!!!!!!!! You know when I was growing up people laugh at the crying Indian, but it made an inpression on me. I see this everywhere i go nowadays. People throwing trash out the car windows, bags of food, cans, straw wrappers. The generation now has a total lack of respect for the land and we need to start enforcing the litter laws and start a campaign again that vigorously enforces the laws. The sad part is sometimes i don't say anything in fear of someone shooting me for saying something. :( It's pictures like this that just piss me off to no end. :burningm: :burningm: All I know is if these were my kids they would be in a load of crap. :burningm: :burningm:
What was that Indians name? Was it iron eyes cody?

bigq
05-30-2005, 08:44 AM
What was that Indians name? Was it iron eyes cody?
yes passed away a couple years ago i believe. great story btw.

Wicky
05-30-2005, 08:48 AM
The funny thing about this post is the trash on the bank of the channel.
Think about all the trash at the bottom of the lake!!!! Or even more so, all the trash dumped offshore into international waters. Did you know it is legal to dump in international waters?

framer1
05-30-2005, 08:50 AM
These guys give white trash a bad name. My 24 year od kid would never even think of leaving such a mess. He knows what I would do :boxingguy

Debbolas
05-30-2005, 08:51 AM
You know the sad part is, these peeps would rather be tripping all over that trash than take a minute or two and clean it up. There's a frickin' trashcan right next to them. :notam:
Exactly, how many more steps would it take to walk over to the trash can and throw your can away.............. :hammer2:
WE (and I'm sure most of the peeps on this forum) never leave their trash, we keep trashbags on board and I've thrown my trashbags into those trashcans along the channel, but we never leave trash behind, we usually pick up others trash if we find it.....and don't get me started on broken glass :hammer2:
If the city is so pissed about the trash, couldn't they just hire someong to come along and pick it up....and those are aluminum cans, when we go to the races your aluminum cans can't sit anywhere without some people coming by and collecting them.

cdog
05-30-2005, 09:03 AM
Amazing.....The trash can was right there...We stayed at parker and launched Sat. to meet friends at the Zoo. The channel was real crouded and there were lots of trashy people. I noticed that anywhere there was'nt boats there were tons of people with trash around all of them. They should write littering tickets for anyone with more than one can per person within 5 feet of themselfs. Then they need to do something about the RENTAL BOATS>......THese azzhole need to not be allowed in the channel at all. They can't drive those pieces of shit and they don't give a rats ass who they bump into or hold up while they're staring at tits. THere was a rental pontoon full of bruthas that seriously took 5 min. to back up and move the hell out of the way. THen the asshole sat there so he could stare down some azz across the way while everyone behind him was backin up and creating a cluster fuct. We saw about 10 groups of seadoos get tickets while exceeding the no wake zone in thomson bay and about 4 rental pontoons where the driver was getting a breath alizer poped into his mouth. Over all it was a great weekend. Got to meet MR. Brown in parker and party'd with him and his friends at the blue bar.. The water was perfect in havasu and a little cold in parker.

Tom Brown
05-30-2005, 09:24 AM
There are two sides to every story. These people were probably far too drunk to get up and walk to the trash can.

Huckleberry
05-30-2005, 09:30 AM
Seeing this type of crap infuriates me. As a kid I was always taught to leave places you visit cleaner than you found them. My crew is forever picking up the trash left behind by others. Again, I hope Shaken does send these off to the city folk to let them see what the true source problem is.

hoolign
05-30-2005, 09:33 AM
That sideways hat wearing clown....I don't like him....needs a good right cross to put that hat on straight!
I agree..those pics should be sent into city hall!

Kachina26
05-30-2005, 09:38 AM
Is that Kilrtoy in the black and white trunks in the foreground? Looks like he got a little more gut than the last time I saw him. Seriously though, I wonder if this will affect the city council's thinking on closing the channel to boaters?

Havasu Hangin'
05-30-2005, 09:42 AM
Is that Kilrtoy in the black and white trunks in the foreground? Looks like he got a little more gut than the last time I saw him. Seriously though, I wonder if this will affect the city council's thinking on closing the channel to boaters?
...and is that Phat Matt in the back with the black & white hat on?
:eek:

Kachina26
05-30-2005, 09:44 AM
:idea: it seems he got a bit "phatter"

JackieV
05-30-2005, 09:51 AM
That really pisses me OFF! Bring a trash bag and p/u your mess. This just is not right. :frown:

Phat Matt
05-30-2005, 09:54 AM
Unfortunately, I had to come back home on Saturday so NO!!!
If you guys are going to email the mayor, maybe you should cc the paper.
editor@havasunews.com
I am sure with enough support the paper would do a little article.

Havasu Hangin'
05-30-2005, 09:54 AM
That really pisses me OFF! Bring a trash bag and p/u your mess. This just is not right. :frown:
How about recycling?
If they did...maybe they could afford another trucker hat and tribal tatoo?
:idea:

mike37
05-30-2005, 10:00 AM
man that pisses me off the narrows at Naci look like that after the weekend
on Tuesday the locals with pontoon boat will go out and make a killing on recycle probably several hundred$$$
last year it was the plastic Jello shot cups that was a real mess

spectras only
05-30-2005, 10:09 AM
Or even more so, all the trash dumped offshore into international waters. Did you know it is legal to dump in international waters?
No wonder why the whales beaching themselves all over the place :idea:

MagicMtnDan
05-30-2005, 10:12 AM
I copied the pics and sent e-mails to the Mayor and to the newspaper. I urge all of you to do the same.

Krazy K
05-30-2005, 10:54 AM
That's what I like about living up here. You pay a deposit on your aluminum, glass and plastic bottles, carbonated only. 5 cents per. You wouldn't see that kind of trash here because either you pick it up and recycle it yourself or the homeless come through and take care of it. Shiat, Michigan you get 10 cents per can, bottle or plastic bottle, I'm sure they don't have a problem.

WYRD
05-30-2005, 11:10 AM
Unfortunately, I had to come back home on Saturday so NO!!!
If you guys are going to email the mayor, maybe you should cc the paper.
editor@havasunews.com
I am sure with enough support the paper would do a little article.
The headline should read "Boats not allowed..........but white trash hillbillys that leave their filth for everybody else and don't do a damn thing to help the city are more than welcome" :hammerhea :mad: :mad: :mad:

Throttle
05-30-2005, 12:03 PM
Messed up!
They apparently forgot to bring mom to pick up after them, sucKs! :hammer2:
try this motto - leave it cleaner than it was when you got there.

BoatPI
05-30-2005, 12:17 PM
1. there is NO recycle program in AZ. I see many folks taking bags of cans late at night. I am sure they bring them to CA for the $$.
2. The fools you see are most likely some the the stupid ones that hitch cheap rides and stay on the dirt or grass at Crazy House, or with friends. they just arrive with their clothes, leaving the brains, or what they have at home.
3. The PD is understaffed, most I bet are working overtime and not sleeping much. Just worn thin. So why is this???
Is it the PD leadership, city council budget (I think not, they have money). Someone is slipping really bad and needs to correct it. This is a mess.
If I was at the next council meeting I would be asking very hard questions and not taking cheap excuses. And frankly the newspaper in town is a rag, in bed with the city and PD.

Kim Hanson
05-30-2005, 12:46 PM
Messed up!
They apparently forgot to bring mom to pick up after them, sucKs! :hammer2:
try this motto - leave it cleaner than it was when you got there.
Thats what I do, it isn't hard to pick up some garbage now is it! Its not mine but I want to enjoy beach's and looking at garbage like that wouldn't be acceptable to me sorry!........( . )( . )........... :yuk:

Tom Brown
05-30-2005, 12:52 PM
Hey Kim, what do you do with your cigarette butts? Do you bring an ash tray with you?

atomickitn
05-30-2005, 12:56 PM
thats F##@@#n sick. to bad we cant all be good boys and girls,, its just to bad that the boaters have to be the blame of this.. i think we should all go to the mayer's house and put our trash on his front porch, will we'r at it maybe even have to take a s#@t on his front porch...... matbe they will start charging admission to the beaches, to help with the clean up,.. wishfull thinking :220v: :crossx:

tmatson
05-30-2005, 12:57 PM
Let's hope the City Council figure out their mistake and goes back to preferring boats over day campers.

TCHB
05-30-2005, 01:15 PM
This type of behavior will not stop unless they the person throwing the trash down is held accountable for what he is doing. Their is laws on the books now that will stop this behavior. Trying throwing your beer cans down like that in Huntington Beach on the sand and see what happens. You will get a big ticket and off to jail!
I know the police are worried about pasties in the channel!!!!

fstlayn
05-30-2005, 01:48 PM
This thread, the pics and a big "conglomerate" of boaters needs to be taken to the next city council meeting and brought to their attention. I agree with was what said earlier, we need to stand up for ourselves and our rights as boaters. If not, we are the ones who are going to lose out and ultimately get blamed for this $h!t in the end.

WaterBox
05-30-2005, 01:59 PM
Well I just sent my E-mail to the Mayor. Hope I don't get arrested. :D "It wasn't that bad". I hope all of you send one also...

wsuwrhr
05-30-2005, 02:03 PM
The headline should read "Boats not allowed..........but white trash hillbillys that leave their filth for everybody else and don't do a damn thing to help the city are more than welcome" :hammerhea :mad: :mad: :mad:
More rights to the perpertrator than to the victim.
Isn't that how it works.
Brian
My father always made up clean up our campsite and surrounding areas BEFORE we even laid down a tent, and when we left the site, when we were ready to go home.
Pack it in, pack it out.

spectras only
05-30-2005, 02:09 PM
You guys are lucky these brainless folks don't dump some trashed couches on the beach :D . It happened up here in an offroad area ,with a hot tub to boot in the pristine Harrison Lake area :2purples: .The place will be closed sooner or later to stop this madness .I think the problem is a large number of campsites [ lake okanagan, skaha, osoyoos in bc ] sold to developers and less and less peeps can afford recreational property. So ,crown land is for free to trash and keep moving on the next site when one is closed down :hammerhea .

Dusty Times
05-30-2005, 02:36 PM
I can't help but worry that the closed minded city council will see the beer cans on the ground and blame it on anyone drinking beer. I can see them making a "No Boat - No Drinking Law". We will be punished as always for what they do.
I'm sure thes people spent money on nothing in Havasu exept the beer cans on the ground.
I'm sure they all piled into the cheapest room they could find if the rest didn't sleep on the grass.
They didn't spend a dime on gas. There boat was not serviced, stored, or purchased in Havasu (BECAUSE THEY DON'T HAVE ONE)
It was probably a boat owner that picked up their trash after they left instead of looking at it.
I wish I could see the white trash punished for what they do but most of them would never pay a ticket if they recieved one.
Boat owners are responsible people (for the most part) and will pay a citation (boat to long for the chanel for example). When the white trash would not pay and another warrant for their arrest is just something to brag to their friends about.
GLAD I DIDN'T GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

TCHB
05-30-2005, 04:11 PM
Punish the idiots on the spot for throwing trash on our beaches.

XtrmWakeborder
05-30-2005, 05:05 PM
Damn, i've never seen it that bad before. Thats seriously rediculous.

ZZ-Man
05-30-2005, 05:56 PM
I guess you could tell the people in the pics. are not boaters and it will definately be another problem for the regular boaters and locals. The people in the pics are just weekend warrior scum. Just because they live like that at home they don't need to take it with them to a public place that other people appreciate. this is one of the reasons I didn't go this weekend.

randy77zt
05-30-2005, 05:57 PM
the reason the city of havasu hassles boaters and not the party trash is because boaters have money and will pay fines for noise,pasties or whatever because they know the boaters want to come back to use the lake again.if they ticket the party trash they wont come back to pay the fines anyway.its all about money.i dont like going to places with drunk kids running around-to many fights,property damage to my stuff when assholes run into it.hopefully the mayor will realize who has the money(boaters) and run the party trash out by cracking down on them for illegal activities.

That Guy
05-30-2005, 06:15 PM
Here is the deal...I was parked right next to Chris (who took the pics). It was unbelievable that wherever the new "no mooring" signs were, the trash began. The city council has once again added fuel to the fire. These yahoos now know that they can come down, hang out, drink like fiends, throw their sh*t everywhere and nothing is going to happen.
There are bad boaters as well, but I am being completely honest when I say that where the boats were, the trash problem basically didn't exist. Sure boaters leave trash because there are A-holes who enjoy every activity, but there was a clear and noticeable difference wherever the new no mooring signs began. The city council has welcomed the unresponsible, don't have any money, don't give a sh*t about anyone but myself dopes to our city and lake and told them "go to town, do what you want. We will make sure that we punish the people who can pay the fines.....". This was a complete and utter failure and did nothing except make the channel more crowded with moving boats, more dangerous dumbsh*ts and tons more trash.... :lightsabe

TCHB
05-30-2005, 06:40 PM
Make sure everyone sends the pics to city leaders. The boating crowd was not the problem.

Wicked Game
05-30-2005, 06:42 PM
That SH*T just pisses me off. :burningm: It pissed me off when I saw it and it really pisses me to see the pics. I hope the mayor and city council are happy with thier stupid rule to limit boaters on the channel. You just know we'll get blamed for it and next thing you know we'll be banned from the channel all together.

NOTALENT
05-30-2005, 06:47 PM
I was a non boater for a half of 2 days there in the channel made sure to clean up all our trash..it was amazing too..when I was throwing it all away at the end of the day..people were looking at me like it wasnt my job to do it??!!! :( I ended up picking up way more than what was ours...but its things like this that is making them inforce these rules!!!

ZZ-Man
05-30-2005, 06:52 PM
Now not only will there be no boat parking but there will be no people allowed in the designated areas.Who knows what is next, is there anything else these people can do to the boaters.

ROBINHOOD
05-30-2005, 06:56 PM
Can you believe that NOT ONE of those sh!thead kids felt uncomfortable standing in the middle of all that crap? I would just feel akward, if not disgusted, having to step over, around, or through all that. Like many times before, another great example of today's parenting (or lack thereof).
Those kids should be beat like rented mules.
Thats my 0.02

Havasu_Dreamin
05-30-2005, 07:08 PM
Sadly, this is a direct result of the party atmosphere of Havasu and that anything goes that so many people like to promote. It attracts losers that boat and losers that don't boat.

Wicked Game
05-30-2005, 07:30 PM
Sadly, this is a direct result of the party atmosphere of Havasu and that anything goes that so many people like to promote. It attracts losers that boat and losers that don't boat.
That may be, but you just know that these peolple just laid down thier last ten bucks for the 12 pac you see, empty floating in the channel. Most boaters drop a lot of green in Havasu for the privledge of partying there. I know my wallet's $500 to $1,000 lighter every weekend I go with gas, restaurants, drinks etc......and I own a home there. The other difference is most boaters plan to come back frequently and care what happens to the place. Personally, if i see someone else's trash floating down the channel, I'll pick it up and so do my kids and friends....because we care!

INSman
05-30-2005, 08:28 PM
Maybe it was just too overwhelming, but I would have loved to have seen some LEO's put all of those drunk lil' bitches on "TRASH" detail, until they felt the area was as clean as when they arrived !! :boxingguy :lightsabe :hammerhea

sanger rat
05-30-2005, 08:48 PM
That's what I like about living up here. You pay a deposit on your aluminum, glass and plastic bottles, carbonated only. 5 cents per. You wouldn't see that kind of trash here because either you pick it up and recycle it yourself or the homeless come through and take care of it. Shiat, Michigan you get 10 cents per can, bottle or plastic bottle, I'm sure they don't have a problem.
You are right we don't have this problem here in MI. with the 10 cent deposit. I hate taking them back to the store though. I have over $150 in cans right now. :jawdrop:

Wicky
05-30-2005, 08:49 PM
the reason the city of havasu hassles boaters and not the party trash is because boaters have money and will pay fines for noise,pasties or whatever because they know the boaters want to come back to use the lake again.if they ticket the party trash they wont come back to pay the fines anyway.its all about money.i dont like going to places with drunk kids running around-to many fights,property damage to my stuff when assholes run into it.hopefully the mayor will realize who has the money(boaters) and run the party trash out by cracking down on them for illegal activities.
That is sooooo f.ucking true Randy!!!!! Thank you!! It is allllll about the money when it boils down to it.
Wicky

Rexone
05-30-2005, 09:38 PM
Too bad there wasn't a pic showing both the trashy area and the non-trashy boat area right next to it in same pic, to send to the city.
They say a picture's worth a thousand words.

Red Horse
05-30-2005, 11:04 PM
Being here in Japan I have noticed that the Japanese dont have these type of problems. If you do wrong they (complete strangers) will correct you in a polite way. If you get an attitude you go to jail. We had a troop get mouthy with a business owner and the cops. 2 Months in a Japanese jail. SOFA couldnt protect him as it was a "Crime against respect" type of thing. No trash anywhere, very little graffiti and you feel safe everywhere you go.
Still wouldnt trade it for the good ole US of A, but we sure could learn a thing or two. ;)

Rexone
05-30-2005, 11:52 PM
Being here in Japan I have noticed that the Japanese dont have these type of problems. If you do wrong they (complete strangers) will correct you in a polite way. If you get an attitude you go to jail. We had a troop get mouthy with a business owner and the cops. 2 Months in a Japanese jail. SOFA couldnt protect him as it was a "Crime against respect" type of thing. No trash anywhere, very little graffiti and you feel safe everywhere you go.
Still wouldnt trade it for the good ole US of A, but we sure could learn a thing or two. ;)
Good point. It's all about enforcement (or lack thereof). I'm sure there are laws against littering and public drunkeness in Havasu much as there are in most places. There are also laws about not letting illegals come in from Mexico. Different situations but same problem.
Until a law is enforced you might as well not have the law. People learn that laws mean little or nothing so they just push them to the limit that much more. I like the Japanese example. Implement that in Havasu or on the Mexican border and both those problems would disappear or at least become small problems compared to present levels.
Case in point... ***boat a couple years ago brought moderators in to control a couple issues so the forums and website wouldn't get shut down. Nudity being posted was a big part of the problem. Once it became known, and ***boat later backed it up by banning a few people that wouldn't comply, it pretty much stopped. There are still isolated incidents but it was litterally a multiple time a day occurance when we started. It was a rule that had always been present but never enforced so people mocked it.
Now it is maybe once or twice a month. Not everyone agreed or agrees with the rule but my point is the problem for ***boat was solved by implementing and then enforcing the rule and the website and forum remain alive and ongoing today because of it where it would have certainly been shut down otherwise.
Will the channel and Havasu as many know it and love it remain a couple years down the road unless the city chooses to enforce the laws that obviously need enforcing, without implementing big overly restrictive blanket laws that just eliminate all activity? My guess is no not in it's present form. The city needs to act (but not over react) and clean the place up a bit both in terms of trash and types of activities in the channel.

XTRM22
05-31-2005, 06:05 AM
3. The PD is understaffed, most I bet are working overtime and not sleeping much. Just worn thin. So why is this???
Is it the PD leadership, city council budget (I think not, they have money). Someone is slipping really bad and needs to correct it. This is a mess.
If I was at the next council meeting I would be asking very hard questions and not taking cheap excuses. And frankly the newspaper in town is a rag, in bed with the city and PD.
I hear that the PD is understaffed and working long hours on these weekends, but the 5 officers parked in the shade on three golf carts by my boat yesterday morning (for about 3 hours) didn't look very damn wrung out to me. All smiling and chattin (not that I mind that, it's cool when they're human) but they have got to take start acting a little active rather then reactive! 25 dirt bag walk-ins can stand around in a mess like that but let them see me standing outside my boat with a bottle in my hand! and see who gets the lecture.
CHuck

BarryMac
05-31-2005, 06:33 AM
This is the ME Generation, no need to worry about picking up after themselves, there Mommy or someone else will take care of it for THEM, ****ing pisses me off, gives us all a bad name...

shadow
05-31-2005, 07:12 AM
Too bad there wasn't a pic showing both the trashy area and the non-trashy boat area right next to it in same pic, to send to the city.
They say a picture's worth a thousand words.
I've got a pic of my boat this weekend parked in the channel,surrounding area is clean and theres a trash bag tied to my sand spike. :)
Before we took off we spread out and picked up any trash.
total opposite of these pics here.

UnionJack
05-31-2005, 07:21 AM
I think that most of us boaters are good with cleaning up after ourselves

Havasu_Dreamin
05-31-2005, 07:31 AM
While I don't condone what the non-boaters in those pictures are doing, and while I personally feel that LE should have gone over to them and made them clean up the mess, they do have just as much right as anyone else to use the channel. Those pictures are a testament to non-enforcement of the current laws and just a lack of respect for anything by those morons.

riverrunner
05-31-2005, 08:30 AM
Maybe they should pass a law that doesn't allow drinking on the shore, unless you're in a boat. That would keep all the punks that just go there to hang out, drink and start trouble from wanting to go there.

That Guy
05-31-2005, 08:42 AM
I've got a pic of my boat this weekend parked in the channel,surrounding area is clean and theres a trash bag tied to my sand spike. :)
Shadow is right...in our group of 6-8 boats, I saw trash bags tied onto at least 5 of them and we were all letting everyone use them....it is so easy to be respectful...by the way Shadow, thanks for moving your boat and a couple of others in the channel on Sunday even though we didn't end up using the spot. It was a very cool thing to do and I appreciate it..... :D

jbtrailerjim
05-31-2005, 09:02 AM
When I was in Havasu weekend before last, I saw the area's they had "No Mooring" signs. I remember telling my wife, just wait until the holidays now. Those area's will be loaded with dirtbags sitting on the shore drinking and throwing there trash all over. Look's like my assumption was right. That picture just flat out pisses me off and disgusts me. I put the blame on the Havasu L.E. for doing nothing about this. What a freakin joke!

Devilman
05-31-2005, 09:20 AM
That's a helluva bad deal there... One of our local 4-wheeling grounds ended up closed because of that type of behaviour. Underage drinking & the litter problem. Took a long time for it to happen, but right at the end, it had escalated so much, it was just a formality to close it down. 99% of the punks responsible didn't even have a means or reason to be there, just a place to go where they could get wasted unsupervised. That's beautiful country ya got out there. Sorry to see you guys having that problem... That kind of crap is totally uncalled for, just sickening :yuk:

No Regrets
05-31-2005, 09:25 AM
Looks like the piss to water ratio will be pretty high until,
hmmm,
like Labor Day.

Wake Havasu
05-31-2005, 09:50 AM
Thank you , well put.

SummitKarl
05-31-2005, 10:03 AM
yea those pics look bad :mad: , do you notice the age of those around the trash, I live here, have any of you gone to copper canyon the day after a big weekend, if you really want to get sick thats the place "completely" filled with floating trash, so from my own eyes it's not just the non-boaters, we all need to take a little blame / action here

WaterBox
05-31-2005, 10:32 AM
Well here it is.. Havasu's Tuesday morning paper.. Reading police beat, [and they put everything in police beat.] There was alot of Gal's getting busted for showin there boobs, Here is one of them.. Disorderly conduct. Tiffany _ _ _ _ 34 Calif. Was charged with the stated misdemeanor in the Bridgewater Channel after she shook her pasty-covered breasts with her hands, police reports said... Now is that bull shiznet or what?? But not ONE preson got ticketed for litering... That's totally fu---- up.

purrfecttremor
05-31-2005, 10:37 AM
I copied the pics and sent e-mails to the Mayor and to the newspaper. I urge all of you to do the same.
thankyou i just did the same thing!

SHAKEN Not Stirred
05-31-2005, 10:44 AM
Hey Daryl,
Good hanging with you & Sbark1 in the channel on Sunday.....
Yea.....We also spent a few minutes cleaning up the beach in front of the condos before we left you guys.....
Later,
CJG
:wink:

That Guy
05-31-2005, 10:47 AM
Hey Daryl,
Good hanging with you on Sunday.....
Yea.....We also spent a few minutes cleaning up the beach in front of the condos before we left you guys.....
Later,
CJG
That was right before we decided to ride out to the mini sandbar and get the holy sh*t beat out of us...... :p Chris - thanks to you as well for helping to orchestrate a spot in the channel for us ....you are a good guy and we appreciated the help..... :rollside:

JackieV
05-31-2005, 10:58 AM
I don't know about you all, but I feel good now. I just sent a letter to the editor at havasu news that Phatt Matt posted.
Thanks!

JackieV
05-31-2005, 11:00 AM
How about recycling?
If they did...maybe they could afford another trucker hat and tribal tatoo?
True! But in order to do that, they need a trash bag to start....lol

Focker
05-31-2005, 03:07 PM
The owners of the condos at the bridge even acknowledged Shadow for cleaning up the beach. They were very appreciative

SHAKEN Not Stirred
05-31-2005, 06:44 PM
The owners of the condos at the bridge even acknowledged Shadow for cleaning up the beach. They were very appreciative
Good to meet you too Gerd.....
CJG
:cool:

shadow
05-31-2005, 07:39 PM
HEY FOCKER!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nice meeting and hanging out with you,looking forward to doing it again! :)

shadow
05-31-2005, 07:46 PM
Hey Daryl,
Good hanging with you & Sbark1 in the channel on Sunday.....
Later,
CJG
Nice hanging out with both of you as well! :)

Wicky
05-31-2005, 07:51 PM
Maybe they should pass a law that doesn't allow drinking on the shore, unless you're in a boat. That would keep all the punks that just go there to hang out, drink and start trouble from wanting to go there.
They passed that ordinance on the Boise River. You were allowed to drink in your boat but, not on shore. It made the situation worse. Just one year later, it is now illegal to drink alcohol on the boats too!!!!
No more laws!!!!

Danzo
05-31-2005, 11:43 PM
I was a non boater for a half of 2 days there in the channel made sure to clean up all our trash..it was amazing too..when I was throwing it all away at the end of the day..people were looking at me like it wasnt my job to do it??!!! :( I ended up picking up way more than what was ours...but its things like this that is making them inforce these rules!!!
Thats what trash bags are for. It even pisses me off to see azzholes throwing cans on the beach knowing they are going to throw them away later. Every lanch ramp will give you as many trash bags as you need so these cheap fuqs dont even need to buy any. If they don't have any ask me because I always have a roll or trash bags on my boat cause I love this lake and the channel and like to see it clean. Peace! Im out!

Fast Freddy
01-06-2006, 04:20 PM
This was the most disgusting site I've ever seen around this town. We rolled through the channel yesterday (BIG MISTAKE) about 4:30ish and almost got side swiped by 4-5 drunkass mofo's not paying attention. Anyways, the point was I saw this in person and those pictures don't even show the whole thing. There were probably 500 people crammed into that little area and the WHOLE area was covered in trash.
well, i did get hit by one of these too drunk to drive white trash punx when i was driving my nordic thru the south end of the channel on memorial weekend 2004. i was going thru the channel around 4:00 in the afternoon on sunday when a bunch of these punx on a pontoon boat decided that they were gonna leave their mooring spot on the beach with all their trash lying around everywhere. this was on the east side of the channel south of the london bridge near where the pix in this thread were. the driver of this pontoon boat just started up his outboard motor, revved it up and threw into reverse without ever even lookin behind him to see what was there. needless to say the metal point on the pontoons floater put a nice size dent in the side of my nordic. i was so pissed that i jumped out of my boat and started throwing some of the floating beer cans at him and his boat. i told him what a low life white trash punk he was and that he was lucky i didn't drown his azz right there in the channel. there was so much gridlock traffic in the channel i was just a sittin duck for damage. fortunately i had the damage repaired for $250 and you can't tell that i was ever even hit.
i luv havasu but will never go there on a holiday weekend again. i only go on regular non-holiday weekends now. part of the fun for me is to drive my boat thru the channel. but there is just way to many boats in that channel on a holiday weekend.

riverroyal
01-06-2006, 04:21 PM
bring it current...let me try,these are pictures that should be seen

That Guy
01-06-2006, 04:56 PM
Thank you....this is who the mayor wants to take over the channel. People who don't own boats.... :mad:

rivrbrat
01-06-2006, 06:51 PM
This was the result of shuting down only part of the channel
Can't wait to see what it would look like if Mr. Jackson gets his way.