PDA

View Full Version : Don't You Hate It When.....

Hallett19
05-30-2005, 10:46 AM
Dont you hate it when you are driving along the 40 E a few miles past Daggett and your F-ING TRAILER GETS SIDES-WIPED BY A BIG RIG !!!!!! :eek:
I couldnt imagine something that would ruin your weekend faster. Luckily, very little damage, mostly to my trailer and some seriously rattled nerves and I was able to re-gain control of the trailer by accelerating and counter steering out of the "wagging" of the trailer.
Other than that, the boat ran strong all weekend other than a small water in the gas problem I now have.....
Any other good stories from the weekend ?

Raskal
05-30-2005, 10:50 AM
lucky you it could of got ugly .glad to hear you had a good weekend

Kachina26
05-30-2005, 10:55 AM
Glad to hear that it wasn't worse. I had it happen on the curve going through Barstow many years ago. I didn't even realize that we had hit, I thought we just got a little close. I knew differently when I got home. :(

WYRD
05-30-2005, 10:58 AM
Glad the damage was minimal and nobody got hurt. :D

hoolign
05-30-2005, 10:59 AM
Well I was driving my big rig along the 40 E a few miles past Daggett when this yahoo sideswiped my trailer with his boat! :burningm: luckily..I didnt spill my beer and regained control by decelerating and locking up my brakes.. :D

NashvilleBound
05-30-2005, 11:00 AM
Dang...my only thing is some pillowhead hair from laying around all weekend....its VERY attractive;)

Hallett19
05-30-2005, 11:03 AM
Now my question is how are they going to fix the numerous scratches and gouges on my boat, replace the section of rub rail and color match my 30 yr old gelcoat and trailer paint ?

hoolign
05-30-2005, 11:08 AM
Now my question is how are they going to fix the numerous scratches and gouges on my boat, replace the section of rub rail and color match my 30 yr old gelcoat and trailer paint ?
Wouldnt the other guys insurance have to worry about that?

Floored
05-30-2005, 11:11 AM
try Billy B. on V-Drives if he can't fix it or know someone who can then :cry: He seems purdy smart about paint and helpful too.

Hallett19
05-30-2005, 11:12 AM
Wouldnt the other guys insurance have to worry about that?
:D
Yeah, I guess so, but I'm just curioius as to how they will do it.

hoolign
05-30-2005, 11:14 AM
:D
Yeah, I guess so, but I'm just curioius as to how they will do it.
and I'm curious why you forgot to mention the "brand new" classic restoration you just had done to it?? the 30 year old look doesn't come cheap! :D

Hallett19
05-30-2005, 11:17 AM
and I'm curious why you forgot to mention the "brand new" classic restoration you just had done to it?? the 30 year old look doesn't come cheap! :D
Thank God it was dark when it happened so he couldnt see the whole boat.....
Oh my God, there are scratches EVERYWHERE !!!! WHAT DID YOU DO !?!?! :D

hoolign
05-30-2005, 11:20 AM
Thank God it was dark when it happened so he couldnt see the whole boat.....
Oh my God, there are scratches EVERYWHERE !!!! WHAT DID YOU DO !?!?! :D
Probably knocked the "solid gold" emblems off it too!...the bastard has got to pay :D spinner rims on the trailer are probably bitched too! :D

Hallett19
05-30-2005, 11:37 AM
Probably knocked the "solid gold" emblems off it too!...the bastard has got to pay :D spinner rims on the trailer are probably bitched too! :D
I wish the insurance adjuster is as thoughtful and caring and giving as you !! :D

Throttle
05-30-2005, 11:54 AM
that does sucK! glad you are okay and still got on the water, could have been lots worse!

Wonderboy
05-31-2005, 06:22 AM
Well I was driving my big rig along the 40 E a few miles past Daggett when this yahoo sideswiped my trailer with his boat! :burningm: luckily..I didnt spill my beer and regained control by decelerating and locking up my brakes.. :D
LMAO!! :D :D

JetBoatRich
05-31-2005, 06:29 AM
Good to hear everyone is OK, as others said it could have been worst :confused:
Did the truck stop?

Hallett19
05-31-2005, 09:11 AM
yeah, truck stopped, driver was cool, CHP came and took a report, I got all the info and I was on my way, took a little over an hour so it took us a little longer to get there.
I've never been in a car accident, so I guess I need to call his insurance and see how they want to take care of it. I need to do more documenting on the damage.
Since the truck knocked off the carpeted inner fender that keeps my boat from hitting the metal fender, and the boat managed to hit the metal part and get a nice long scratch, are they liable for that too ? :mad:
And do they find the person to get the boat/trailer fixed or do I get to choose that ?