PDA

View Full Version : Brand new CP crashed in Needles

Nucking futs
05-30-2005, 02:54 PM
Anyone from the boards?
Heard a New CP was on a burn down pass and it swaped ends and came down hard and blew the side out Sat afternoon. Anyone see or here of this?
Tim

Squirtin Thunder
05-30-2005, 03:01 PM
Sat I was down at Performance 19s in Needles and he didn't say anything about that. There were a bunch of CPs in that area Sat.

MudPumper
05-30-2005, 04:17 PM
Don't know anything about that but I do know HBJet was putting flat bottoms on the trailer at Big River all weekend. :crossx:

likwidsukr
05-30-2005, 04:35 PM
Don't know anything about that but I do know HBJet was putting flat bottoms on the trailer at Big River all weekend. :crossx:
LMAO!! :coffeycup

Big Proppa
05-30-2005, 05:17 PM
Dude it's so true - not only that but HB did it while we were all floating down form the cove -The guy kept looing over at HB like "why the f%ck is he so far ahead of me" - it was classic. The day before, HB tried to get the guy to race and he said that he couldn't but normally likes playing with jet boats
- like apples pal - well how'd ya like them apples - :D
Hey Mud - good seeing you again bro

TRG
05-30-2005, 06:50 PM
sounds like you guys had a blast! i worked all weekend but am in a better place because of it!
Todd
cant wait til next weekend!

MudPumper
05-30-2005, 07:48 PM
Dude it's so true - not only that but HB did it while we were all floating down form the cove -The guy kept looing over at HB like "why the f%ck is he so far ahead of me" - it was classic. The day before, HB tried to get the guy to race and he said that he couldn't but normally likes playing with jet boats
- like apples pal - well how'd ya like them apples - :D
Hey Mud - good seeing you again bro
You too Bill, Are you going next weekend???? I'm rollin with Hustler, hopefully you'll be there.

HBjet
05-31-2005, 08:09 AM
Anyone from the boards?
Heard a New CP was on a burn down pass and it swaped ends and came down hard and blew the side out Sat afternoon. Anyone see or here of this?
Tim
Heard of a CP tunnel at Lost Lake hooking and tossing the driver out of the boat. Heard he's ok, just banged up pretty good. I hope everyone is ok...
HBjet

HBjet
05-31-2005, 08:17 AM
Saturday I saw this flatty(#410) making a few runs right by us. So for fun I go chase him down and see if he wants to run. They just pulled the boat to the beach and said they had an oil problem. Then followed it up with, "We like to play with jet boats all the time, so we will play with you tomorrow" then laughing. So Sunday when we were floating down, I pulled up to there beach and put my hands in the air to see if they wanted to "play" Out comes the flatty and we decided to run up river from a rolling start. Good lil run, but he didn't get the jump he wanted. So we turned around and ran down river. Never saw him until I looked over my shoulder. I then came to an idle and he pulled up to me. Asked if I had nitrous to only be disapointed when I told him no, and then followed up with "But I have a proken diverter so I have no trim control" (Diverter bracket broke the day before so the nozzle only points where the thrust pushes it - straight" Then we said c-ya and as I was about to motor off, he couldn't get his boat started... I hustled to get my longest tow rope out to tow him back to he beach, as he hustled to get that thing lit. Once I got the rope and was ready to go, his boat fired... Glad he got it started, but it would have been great to tow him in. :D
HBjet

olbiezer
05-31-2005, 08:26 AM
hb what ya running anyway????? whats top end etc? noone ever said a jet cant beat a flatty. just depends on the the jet and the other boat id say.....remember speed costs.....u just wanted it more then he did or just out spent him.....lol

Danhercules
05-31-2005, 08:28 AM
Asked if I had nitrous to only be disapointed when I told him no, and then followed up with "But I have a proken diverter so I have no trim control" (Diverter bracket broke the day before so the nozzle only points where the thrust pushes it - straight" HBjet
Your runnin wide open with no diverter control? Mine is broke too, I was not sure if I should run wide open. I was thinking safty, but I guess its ok. :(

HBjet
05-31-2005, 08:44 AM
hb what ya running anyway????? whats top end etc? noone ever said a jet cant beat a flatty. just depends on the the jet and the other boat id say
95mph on GPS. I'm not saying this is anything crazy, etc. Just when I ask if they wanted to run at Saturday and the comment about how they like to play with jet boats, then laughing to each other just made it so great to actually hand it to him. The boat looked fast when he was making his runs, just thought it would have been a little closer, and actually, I was 50/50 in how I thought the outcome would be. If I would have lost, no biggie. Know nothing about the boat, just know its a 2 seater, nice paint with a 410 or something on the side, tunnel ram motor, sounded good.
...remember speed costs.....u just wanted it more then he did or just out spent him.....lol
I wouldn't say out spent him. I built my boat to what I want, he built his, and so on and so on...
HBjet

HBjet
05-31-2005, 08:46 AM
Your runnin wide open with no diverter control? Mine is broke too, I was not sure if I should run wide open. I was thinking safty, but I guess its ok. :(
When it broke (noticed it when I left the cove) I just cruised. Then when I was by myself I would slowly give it more gas on good water to see how it was going to handle, and as long as there is thrust, its going to go straight. The only problem was through some chop, bounces all over the place.
HBjet

victorfb
05-31-2005, 09:02 AM
were its true, speed does cost money, Randy (HBjet) has set his boat up real well and it works awsome. its a very impressive ride and he is not affriad to show you how well it works. and though he doesnt cheat by running nitrous, his bow light does seem to add another 5 MPH. :D
sounds like a great run Randy, wish i could have seen it. hope the guy didnt hurt his motor.

LGCDEVIL
05-31-2005, 09:28 AM
Another one for the lie detector. Nice job HBj.

superdave013
05-31-2005, 09:31 AM
Randy, your chicks are flippin me off! I know I know, I should be used to that by now. lol
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/customavatars/avatar563_1.gif

ROZ
05-31-2005, 11:06 AM
Valet boat parking? :confused: :D

olbiezer
05-31-2005, 11:26 AM
95 in a jet is very inpresssive to me, all my jets have made 70 and quit going any faster till i promaced them 4 or 5 thousand more dollars apeace lol u must know your stuff dude.....nice boat randy.

Squirtcha?
05-31-2005, 11:56 AM
95 in a jet is very inpresssive to me.
That's 95 with a pump gas burning naturally aspirated jetboat too.
I was fortunate enough to catch Randy on a generous day (Freeboard Challenged) and was able to take that hotrod for a couple lil test runs. I thought I was getting close enough to him (speed-wise) to give him a race, but I was way wrong. With the two of us in the boat (425+ lbs) that thing made my eyes tear up, and cheeks flap like mad. It sure felt a lot faster than 90 mph at the time. I say 90 mph because of the extra poundage with the both of us in the boat at the time.
All I know for sure is that I got a lot more work to do if I wanna run with him. Very impressive ride to be sure!
Way to give a flattie the "whatfor" Randy.
I finally got my electrical bugs worked out this past weekend so of course, I'll still have to give it a shot next time I see him.

RIPPINGNOLEGSKROKER
05-31-2005, 01:39 PM
Anyone from the boards?
Tim
NEW boat to the owner, did not swap ends, did blow a hole in the side, can be fixed, motor was back running ASAP. nobody hurt.

HBjet
05-31-2005, 01:42 PM
NEW boat to the owner, did not swap ends, did blow a hole in the side, can be fixed, motor was back running ASAP. nobody hurt.
Good to hear no body was hurt, and good the motor is fine. How did it blow a hold in the side? Any idea on how big/small the hole is?
Thanks
HBjet

RIPPINGNOLEGSKROKER
05-31-2005, 02:38 PM
Good to hear no body was hurt, and good the motor is fine. How did it blow a hold in the side? Any idea on how big/small the hole is?
Thanks
HBjet
big water, heavy foot, boat may have some "history", who knows, did not fully swamp till it was feet from the ramp.

MudPumper
05-31-2005, 03:17 PM
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/customavatars/avatar563_1.gif[/QUOTE]
Randy, glad to see you didn't waste any time with the new Twins Avatar. :idea: :D :D :D

sofa king smooth
05-31-2005, 03:33 PM
I think they are talking about a different cp rippingnolegs. I heard the one that swaped ends was a brand new one and it was red.

HBjet
05-31-2005, 03:51 PM
I think they are talking about a different cp rippingnolegs. I heard the one that swaped ends was a brand new one and it was red.
Yeah, that's what I was talking about... There was a couple nice ones at Big River this weekend.
Mudpumper, you like that huh?
HBjet

djdtpr
05-31-2005, 04:42 PM
We talked to the guy that got thrown out of the CP tunnel on sunday.He came down river with us on monday and was telling us he hit a roller and got pitched out the passenger side.It did some damage to the boat but nothing that glass and gel wont fix.He was alittle banged up but was ok.We never did see the boat go over about 35 or 40 though.He was between Aha Quin and lost lake when it happend.

Cs19
05-31-2005, 04:51 PM
Ok, heres what I know, and Im pretty sure its accurate, Ive heard like 50 different stories today, but Ive weeded out most of the BS - I think.
The incident in Needles is the one Rippingnolegs is talkin' about.He and Sofa King were there, they know what happened. The guy who started the thread (nucking futs) is talking about this incident, there was no "red boat" incident.
The dude from shell beach/lost lake with the CP tunnel boat did get tossed out and bounced off the gunnell pretty hard,he did hurt his leg but I dont know where this happened exactly. I heard at Lost lake, also heard near AHA QUIN.. I talked to him for a while on Sat, hes already been thrown out before, and has thrown his buddy out too. Some of us tried to tell him its not a good boat for the river, but I dont think he was hearing us. DJD saw him after the accident on Sun, and said he was hurtin a little bit. I wasnt sure about the guy when I saw the fuel cell from his dune buggy in the boat, the obliterated pop off that always stayed open, and of course he was making wide open passes with his girl in the boat and no life jackets. :rolleyes: but when he said " HEY!! Are you guys (cyclone,myself,Brett Anderson and HBjet) gonna show up to race tonight @ Lost Lake,or are you scared?" Thats when I knew the guy was offically a crack head.
The other one was a CP GW down by aha quin, apparently it wasnt anything too serious, but it did suffer damage and did sink. The boat was recovered and nobody was hurt, hopefully socal power fills us in a little more on that one.
Not a good weekend for the Cp's. :cool:
CS

djdtpr
05-31-2005, 05:05 PM
I was thinking about all this that happend this last weekend and have to wonder if the wind and the rough water played a part in any of these incedents.I know there werent hardly anybody down with us runnin at all due to the wind and the water.

SmokinLowriderSS
05-31-2005, 05:19 PM
Way to go HB. :crossx: Good keeping the guys with those exposed spinning metal thingies humble. Those "prop" thingies look really dangerous to me. :wink:

bp
05-31-2005, 07:46 PM
hb what ya running anyway????? whats top end etc? noone ever said a jet cant beat a flatty. just depends on the the jet and the other boat id say.....remember speed costs.....u just wanted it more then he did or just out spent him.....lol
olbiezer, it's pretty obvious from randy's post that the guys with the flatty thought his jet couldn't beat THEIR FLATTY, just because his boat was a jet!
last saturday evening, as i was asked to do, i walked over to a purple n2 powered hydro that was surrounded by 11 guys with purple flamed shirts on to introduce myself, make sure we were lined up sunday morning. as i walked up, i hear "it's just some jet boat, we'll kick his azz, yeah, kick his azz blah blah blah... ". so i just stand there, finally ask, uh who's the driver? introduce myself, hope i can give ya a decent race in the mornin... well, they did get to make that one pass on sunday before watching the rest of the races........
just sounds like all randy did was educate a few more people.

Nucking futs
05-31-2005, 09:18 PM
Yes CS that is the one i was talking about. Glad nobody was hurt.
Looks like the cp's did have a bad weekend.

MudPumper
05-31-2005, 09:25 PM
. I wasnt sure about the guy when I saw the fuel cell from his dune buggy in the boat, the obliterated pop off that always stayed open, and of course he was making wide open passes with his girl in the boat and no life jackets. :rolleyes: but when he said " HEY!! Are you guys (cyclone,myself,Brett Anderson and HBjet) gonna show up to race tonight @ Lost Lake,or are you scared?" Thats when I knew the guy was offically a crack head.
CS
Chris I remember you telling me about this dude on Sunday.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
05-31-2005, 10:04 PM
olbiezer, it's pretty obvious from randy's post that the guys with the flatty thought his jet couldn't beat THEIR FLATTY, just because his boat was a jet!
last saturday evening, as i was asked to do, i walked over to a purple n2 powered hydro that was surrounded by 11 guys with purple flamed shirts on to introduce myself, make sure we were lined up sunday morning. as i walked up, i hear "it's just some jet boat, we'll kick his azz, yeah, kick his azz blah blah blah... ". so i just stand there, finally ask, uh who's the driver? introduce myself, hope i can give ya a decent race in the mornin... well, they did get to make that one pass on sunday before watching the rest of the races........
just sounds like all randy did was educate a few more people.
If you Jets can get ahold of an occasional flatty good for you...lord knows there are a lot of patched taped and glued together junkers runnin around, and that can be said from both sides of the fence... :notam:
bp I came by your pit at red bluff but you were hiding somewhere :smile:

HBjet
05-31-2005, 10:23 PM
If you Jets can get ahold of an occasional flatty good for you...lord knows there are a lot of patched taped and glued together junkers runnin around, and that can be said from both sides of the fence... :notam:
From what I can tell, this was a pretty nice looking boat and I'm sure I will see it up there again. Next time I will take a photo of it.
HBjet

HBjet
05-31-2005, 10:24 PM
I wasnt sure about the guy when I saw the fuel cell from his dune buggy in the boat, the obliterated pop off that always stayed open, and of course he was making wide open passes with his girl in the boat and no life jackets. :rolleyes:
Don't forget the scoop turned sideways when he rolled into Shell Beach and his girl saying they just ran 107mph...
HBjet

V-DRIVE VIDEO
05-31-2005, 10:41 PM
From what I can tell, this was a pretty nice looking boat and I'm sure I will see it up there again. Next time I will take a photo of it.
HBjet
You guys gonna be out there Fathers day weekend?

bp
06-01-2005, 06:05 AM
bp I came by your pit at red bluff but you were hiding somewhere :smile:
hey jerry, sorry i missed ya. which day? saturday i was either there, under chris owen's cp, then took the kids out for some autograph hunting during the blowout. sunday, took the wife shoppin' for a little while between runs. that phoenix video is still my favorite :D
i especially like the patched taped and glued together junkers runnin around that have my azz kicked just 'cuz my boat's a 25 year old beater jet :D . it's just not very smart to dismiss something as non-competitive, just because it's different. :cool:

Jet Hydro
06-01-2005, 06:20 AM
isn't it always funny how those V-Drives have so many reason why a Jet Boat puts em on the trailer :idea: ....rotflmao

olbiezer
06-01-2005, 07:10 AM
hey guys whats the big deal??........ hb's jet runs 95 mph..... that means that its faster then 98 per cent of the jets around and about 80 per cent of the v drives. more power to him. id kill for that 750 hp motor he has in that thing. or better yet just the cash it cost lol. good luck to all!!! i know i can't beat him with 450 hp but i can beat alot of jets out here in the east. its all a mater of how fast u want to go and how much u want to put out in cash. lol. btw hb love that boat......my next rig might have to be something like yours.....very nice.

superdave013
06-01-2005, 07:23 AM
isn't it always funny how those V-Drives have so many reason why a Jet Boat puts em on the trailer :idea: ....rotflmao
The only reason I can see is HBjet has done years worth or homework. His boat is as dialed as any river jet boat could be. It's not just good power that got him there. All the little things have added up to a top notch package.
His boat will perform better then 99% of the boats like his. That's only due to his countless hours of tweaking and run / test time. And the fact that he puts more hours and has more fun with his boat then most is just icing on the cake!
Now I know it would never happen but I'd love to see you pair your blown race boat up against his river boat. Wonder who would get trailered in that pairing? Hummmmmmm? Bet the boat with the full cooler would come out on top.
Party on! :cool:

superdave013
06-01-2005, 07:26 AM
hey guys whats the big deal??........ hb's jet runs 95 mph..... that means that its faster then 98 per cent of the jets around and about 80 per cent of the v drives. more power to him. id kill for that 750 hp motor he has in that thing. or better yet just the cash it cost lol. good luck to all!!! i know i can't beat him with 450 hp but i can beat alot of jets out here in the east. its all a mater of how fast u want to go and how much u want to put out in cash. lol. btw hb love that boat......my next rig might have to be something like yours.....very nice.
It's not just the power. I mean it's not a big inch deal with some high buck heads. It runs on pump gas to boot! Take a peek at the bottom of his boat. I'm telling ya, the little things add up.

Wicky
06-01-2005, 07:31 AM
That's pretty easy to do!!!! :jawdrop:

Wicky
06-01-2005, 07:35 AM
Valet boat parking? :confused: :D
I was thinking the same thing!!

V-DRIVE VIDEO
06-01-2005, 07:39 AM
That's pretty easy to do!!!! :jawdrop:
Than why wasn't it so ez at the big block spanking party....apparently they're junkers where you boat! :cool:

Wicky
06-01-2005, 07:44 AM
Than why wasn't it so ez at the big block spanking party....apparently they're junkers where you boat! :cool:
Casssssshhhhhhhh Flowwwwwww!!!! Where were you for the first 5 BBSPs?
I was there. :p
Yes, there are a lot of junkers but, there is one guy who races IHBA that I've asked to race a few times. He always refuses. Next time I see him I will get the race numbers off the boat!!

V-DRIVE VIDEO
06-01-2005, 07:50 AM
hey jerry, sorry i missed ya. which day? saturday i was either there, under chris owen's cp, then took the kids out for some autograph hunting during the blowout. sunday, took the wife shoppin' for a little while between runs. that phoenix video is still my favorite :D
i especially like the patched taped and glued together junkers runnin around that have my azz kicked just 'cuz my boat's a 25 year old beater jet :D . it's just not very smart to dismiss something as non-competitive, just because it's different. :cool:
Its not about being different its about being set up right. That blown hydro that runs in one of the slower IHBA class's (gets beat by Kevin Krafts wacker all the time) is a fine example of "not set up right". The positive is, when you have a v-drive and you lose to a jet it shows you have much more left in your set up.
Remember kids, theres a faster (and quicker) v-drive for every jet boat. :devil: and wacker! :rollside:

Wicky
06-01-2005, 07:58 AM
Its not about being different its about being set up right. That blown hydro that runs in one of the slower IHBA class's (gets beat by Kevin Krafts wacker all the time) is a fine example of "not set up right". The positive is, when you have a v-drive and you lose to a jet it shows you have much more left in your set up.
Remember kids, theres a faster (and quicker) v-drive for every jet boat. :devil: and wacker! :rollside:
Vewy vewy twu!!! Not sure about every jet and wacker though. There are a hell of a lot of Allison bass boats out there that all break triple digits!!!!
I think the record is 126mph for the Allison bass boats. Not bad for a fishing boat.
Wicky

Cs19
06-01-2005, 08:02 AM
wow this took an intersting turn overnight, you know Im game for this one.
wonder how long it takes for this one... "show up to needles or alcorns"...the 2 weekends the flats get used.
where are all the 9.0,9.5 and 10.0 flats that run NJBA on the river? I NEVER see em out there, and I go to the river almost every weekend.

Squirtcha?
06-01-2005, 08:03 AM
I think the record is 126mph for the Allison bass boats. Wicky
Is that in the quarter Wicky?

Wicky
06-01-2005, 08:09 AM
Is that in the quarter Wicky?
Top end!! That is a reflection of the perfect set up. Remember these Mercurys are only 153ci and this is on a BASS BOAT. I think there are a few Drag Allisons running in the 8s in the 1/4.

Hustler
06-01-2005, 08:16 AM
where are all the 9.0,9.5 and 10.0 flats that run NJBA on the river? I NEVER see em out there, and I go to the river almost every weekend.
I would like to know same thing Chris. Also I would like to see them stay on the water all day when they do show up, not back the trailer in, make two passes then back on the trailer.

Cs19
06-01-2005, 08:23 AM
Thats just the thing Hustler. Ya some fast flats show up twice a year, but generally are set up as race boats or are race boats, on alky,one seat, no gas tanks,etc. Im not impressed.
This thread went to shit.. :mad: Hopefuly we can still get info on these mishaps with the cp's.

Jet Hydro
06-01-2005, 08:33 AM
Now I know it would never happen but I'd love to see you pair your blown race boat up against his river boat. Wonder who would get trailered in that pairing? Hummmmmmm? Bet the boat with the full cooler would come out on top.
Party on! :cool:
Dave, never say NEVER, I`m game as always ;)
BTW.... mine is a lake boat that I just Race ;)

V-DRIVE VIDEO
06-01-2005, 08:34 AM
Vewy vewy twu!!! Not sure about every jet and wacker though. There are a hell of a lot of Allison bass boats out there that all break triple digits!!!!
I think the record is 126mph for the Allison bass boats. Not bad for a fishing boat.
Wicky
Well how about left boat 149 and right boat 147... just a couple of fishing boats :devil:
cs, whats funny is, I've been going to the river a lot more than yourself (I'm at least 10 years older than you) and have only seen you there once? Would I sound smart saying you go twice a year just cause I don't see you there? Quit being rediculous... the one time I saw you there, you were so drunk your girl had to drive...maybe you just dont remeber seeing any flats in your drunken stuper :devil:
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysgallery/albums/userpics/10001/Fishing.jpg
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysgallery/albums/userpics/10001/normal_lance.jpg
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysgallery/albums/userpics/10001/Billy.jpg

V-DRIVE VIDEO
06-01-2005, 08:40 AM
I would like to know same thing Chris. Also I would like to see them stay on the water all day when they do show up, not back the trailer in, make two passes then back on the trailer.
Then maybe you should get out more often. I've seen you once on the tail end of one of our v-drive outings. Are you another weekender.... :notam:

olbiezer
06-01-2005, 08:42 AM
great pic jerry.....just two old fishermen lmao. sorry i think i might have started some of this crap with my old post.....noone ever wins this jet vs. v drive thing and all that. hb's boat is top noch id love to have it and i like my v drive where does that put me lol signed...confused lol

HBjet
06-01-2005, 08:43 AM
This thread went to shit...
Thanks MudPumper :yuk: :) :D
Ya some fast flats show up twice a year, but generally are set up as race boats or are race boats, on alky,one seat, no gas tanks,etc. Im not impressed.
Impressed or not, I think we all would agree it would be cool to see them run, even a solo pass. What I love about my boat is I launch with 20 gallons of gas, full cooler of "River Water" and head up to the cove, or sandbar to kick it with friends. My boat will be on the water until the sun is completely down because I love being on the water, and I also have lights to run at night. Heck, I was running around with my lights on every night this past weekend. My boat is usually on the water for 9 hours without touching the trailer, or needing a refill with gas. Like SuperDave said, the motor isn't some big inch deal with big dollar heads. It's a 496ci and I run GM 990's that have some very nice port work. Hydr. Roller Cam, running on 90 octane (because Parker gas is now 90 octane) full interior and my hull probably weights 650-700 lbs. Not to mention my heavy ass in there... It's certainly not the fastest or quickest. CS19 hands me my ass just about everytime we pair up, but we still do it because it's fun, but I have something CS19 doesn't... carpet, drink holders... ROOM to move around... :rollside:
It's not a race boat, its my vision of what a river rod should be. So I'm happy.
Sorry for the hijack!
HBjet

V-DRIVE VIDEO
06-01-2005, 08:43 AM
Thats just the thing Hustler. Ya some fast flats show up twice a year, but generally are set up as race boats or are race boats, on alky,one seat, no gas tanks,etc. Im not impressed.
This thread went to shit.. :mad: Hopefuly we can still get info on these mishaps with the cp's.
What, you don't want to brag about all the flattys you've beatin anymore, with your "NJBA race boat"...how much $$$ have you got in your booze cruiser? :sleeping:

V-DRIVE VIDEO
06-01-2005, 08:46 AM
Thanks MudPumper :yuk: :) :D
Impressed or not, I think we all would agree it would be cool to see them run, even a solo pass. What I love about my boat is I launch with 20 gallons of gas, full cooler of "River Water" and head up to the cove, or sandbar to kick it with friends. My boat will be on the water until the sun is completely down because I love being on the water, and I also have lights to run at night. Heck, I was running around with my lights on every night this past weekend. My boat is usually on the water for 9 hours without touching the trailer, or needing a refill with gas. Like SuperDave said, the motor isn't some big inch deal with big dollar heads. It's a 496ci and I run GM 990's that have some very nice port work. Hydr. Roller Cam, running on 90 octane (because Parker gas is now 90 octane) full interior and my hull probably weights 650-700 lbs. Not to mention my heavy ass in there... It's certainly not the fastest or quickest. CS19 hands me my ass just about everytime we pair up, but we still do it because it's fun, but I have something CS19 doesn't... carpet, drink holders... ROOM to move around... :rollside:
It's not a race boat, its my vision of what a river rod should be. So I'm happy.
Sorry for the hijack!
HBjet
HB, you have a bitchen boat :cool:

olbiezer
06-01-2005, 08:46 AM
here we go again .........lol

HBjet
06-01-2005, 08:49 AM
Well how about left boat 149 and right boat 147... just a couple of fishing boats :devil:
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysgallery/albums/userpics/10001/Fishing.jpg
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysgallery/albums/userpics/10001/normal_lance.jpg
Fishing Boats - That's a funny photo!
Question though, would you ever see either of those boats in a place like this for half the day? Not to mention the 10 mile drive down river to get there and back to camp without re-fueling
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/20IMG_3757cs19_shellbeach.jpg
HBjet :D

HBjet
06-01-2005, 08:51 AM
HB, you have a bitchen boat :cool:
Thanks, but I have to thank you for the cooked chicken bag idea... Not everytime I go to the river, but sometimes, you'll now find a bag of cooked chicken in the cooler... :D :D :D
People say Yuck, what the hell are you doing??? Then ask for a piece! haha...
HBjet

V-DRIVE VIDEO
06-01-2005, 09:05 AM
Fishing Boats - That's a funny photo!
Question though, would you ever see either of those boats in a place like this for half the day? Not to mention the 10 mile drive down river to get there and back to camp without re-fueling
HBjet :D
When we run down to Golden shores from Needles marina, (its 24 miles round trip says the GPS) we hang out on the beach by the train bridge at least half the day. We do bring extra fuel but don't need it just to idle down. :cool:

Hustler
06-01-2005, 09:17 AM
Then maybe you should get out more often. I've seen you once on the tail end of one of our v-drive outings. Are you another weekender.... :notam:
Hell yes I'm a weekender. I'm not one that can take mid week trips to the river. I had a blast that weekend in Needles. I got there late thursday night, went to bed at 4 in morning and got one of the best wake up calls ever at 8am friday morning from a very nice k boat. I got up, grabed my camera and rockstar and sat on the beach all day watching boats make passes but only a couple of them stayed on the water all day. That was the first time I have been able to make it out there the same time as you guys. I could of left my boat on the trailer all weekend and just watched flatties run all day. By the way the weekend after that I was at Free Board Challenged and the weekend before that I was at Needles but not many people had shown up yet, come to think of it maybe thats why Tony and his wife went for cruise in my boat up river because no one would know about it. LOL :D

WILDERTHANU
06-01-2005, 09:49 AM
Well I know quite a few guys that dont really feel like even dealing with the lack of water down there, sanbars included. You guys have been lucky to see your water levels so high this year. I plan on making a nice PARKER STRIP upper sandbar trip for 4th..... so whats you point.

Hustler
06-01-2005, 09:52 AM
Well I know quite a few guys that dont really feel like even dealing with the lack of water down there, sanbars included. You guys have been lucky to see your water levels so high this year. I plan on making a nice PARKER STRIP upper sandbar trip for 4th..... so whats you point.
I see big Al and his kids out all the time. So whats your point?

cyclone
06-01-2005, 10:33 AM
ahem. Jetboat.

Danhercules
06-01-2005, 10:41 AM
Thanks, but I have to thank you for the cooked chicken bag idea... Not everytime I go to the river, but sometimes, you'll now find a bag of cooked chicken in the cooler... :D :D :D
People say Yuck, what the hell are you doing??? Then ask for a piece! haha...
HBjet
HB, get yourself a 8 piece of KFC (who am I kidding, HB and I need two 8 piece), and bag it for the river. Been doin that for years. Great snack. Arbys is good too.

bp
06-01-2005, 10:45 AM
actually jerry, since there's only one blown hydro i can think of that runs in the same class kevin does, that that particular blown hydro ain't so slow, he just happens to run there. and he put kevin on the trailer last weekend, just like he did everyone else. rick barretta's a helluva racer, and knows exactly what he's doing - just ask kevin, or anyone else in the class, or that's been in the class. is he giving you the impression that he's "not set up right"? ;)
i do owe him one though... maybe kevin will get first crack... :confused:

V-DRIVE VIDEO
06-01-2005, 11:50 AM
actually jerry, since there's only one blown hydro i can think of that runs in the same class kevin does, that that particular blown hydro ain't so slow, he just happens to run there. and he put kevin on the trailer last weekend, just like he did everyone else. rick barretta's a helluva racer, and knows exactly what he's doing - just ask kevin, or anyone else in the class, or that's been in the class. is he giving you the impression that he's "not set up right"? ;)
i do owe him one though... maybe kevin will get first crack... :confused:
Lets just say he could run those numbers with a naturally aspirated single 4 barrel small block....maybe he runs a throttle stop, I don't know. :boxed:

SoCal Power
06-01-2005, 11:52 AM
[This thread went to shit.. :mad: Hopefuly we can still get info on these mishaps with the cp's.[/QUOTE]
__________________________________________________ _______________
The Aha Quin mishap was due to a huge hole [in the water] made by a wake board boat. The CP had made some strong passes in the lagoon which is protected pretty good. During the cp's upriver pass, the wake board boat came into the lagoon made a U-turn and went down river. The cp driver never saw the wake board boat when he turned to make a down river pass and didn't see the wakes until it was too late. BTW, there is no current where the boats run at Aha Quin. Hard to say how fast he was going but, he was starting to march.
New, unwritten rule at the quin is...........stage in the south and race to the north.
It's great that he's okay and we have an experience behind us that provided a huge reality check.
DB

WILDERTHANU
06-01-2005, 12:05 PM
I see big Al and his kids out all the time. So whats your point?
Al is local to that part of the river. I guess its cool if you know all the spots to watch out for down there, and dont mind wating till the afternoon to put your boat in. I thought maybe you were trying to prove some kind of point of why alot of flats dont run down there.

Hustler
06-01-2005, 12:14 PM
well I guess I was kinda trying to make point but it had nothing to do with big river. I have alot of respect for the guys that do run there boats all day on any water.
By the way, Good hear that the quinn mishap was not a boat issue and every one was OK and even better learned a little from it.

Jetboatguru
06-01-2005, 12:20 PM
I dont remember going for a ride with you Hustler. :confused: :confused: :p :p
CS19,
Lets face it, you will always throw out a remark like "gee, where are all the 9.0 - 9.50 flattys at the river?" Then make it look like you are innocent. Your boat is a bonifed race boat. It has 2 freaking seats in it. If you want to call the padded cardboard in the back a seat then by all means do it. You have poured money into the pump and motor and the days of you cruising back and forth are shortened. A 9.0 flatbottom is only gonna have 2 seats as is a 13 second flat as is a 7 second flat. (point being, all flats have 2 seats). Your 9 seconds is no quicker than anyone elses 9 seconds. I didnt see any of you trying to race GM killers Ford at the freeboard challenge deal. Why is that? He said he did everything but beg you race. Why is it that when someone comes out and runs faster and quicker than you, you call foul? You instantly call it a "non river" boat. Whatever! So HBjet beats a boat with a number on the side of it. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!! That is great for him. His boat runs hard and is the consumate sleeper. But had he got beat, it would have been, "oh, I got beat by a race boat that runs 107." There is no winning. But I love to see how you guys posture yourselves in here to where if you beat somebody, it was a heroic feat. If you lost to them, well, no big deal you were suppose to lose to a race boat. NICE!!!

cyclone
06-01-2005, 12:25 PM
blah blah blah. let's get back to the part where I get to go to the river AGAIN this weekend. ha ha ha.
hasn't anyone got anything better to do than keep the jet vs. vdrive thing going? The fact is that no one propulsion system is better than the other in all respects so everybody get off their soap boxes and get back to what's important: Haulin' ass on the water and bench racing until the guy next to you thinks your boat goes 150 mph. :D

Johnwithjm
06-01-2005, 12:27 PM
Well spoken JBG :rollside:

Jetboatguru
06-01-2005, 12:33 PM
Cyclone was the one with the true river prowler. (The old red one) That thing would get picked on by just about everything out there and then run a buck 110 with a big ugly scoop :wink:

HBjet
06-01-2005, 12:37 PM
Hey, I was well aware of possibly getting my ass handed to me, and if that would have been the case, I wouldn't cry about it, just simply drive by the guys beach smacking my ass letting his buddies know I was the one who got spanked... Like I've done before when I raced BGman.
The only point of me racing this guy and actually beating him was the fact that he thought my boat was a joke. I wouldn't care if it was a another jet, outboard, or whatever... numbers or not... doesn't matter to me. It's like street racing. No classes, you just run.
Anyways, can't wait to go to the river again in 2 days!
HBjet

Jetboatguru
06-01-2005, 12:40 PM
Randy, nobodys boat is junk.

Bense468
06-01-2005, 12:48 PM
The boat you had the most fun in, is the best boat for you. I think Randy is doing that now. JBG is doing that, and so is CS19. Flat, Jet, or Row boat.
Party on

Jet Hydro
06-01-2005, 01:15 PM
hasn't anyone got anything better to do than keep the jet vs. vdrive thing going?
Nope
http://users.esc.net.au/~mapie/droolsmiley.gif

disco_charger
06-01-2005, 01:18 PM
What ever happened to the CP's. No one else has any knowledge? We went from one to three, but really only heard about one. A guy I worked with said that a yellow boat with four people in it hung the dreaded jet boat left and pitched four people just down from Aha. He said they were racing someone else coming back from the sand bar. He didn't know if it was a CP, but he said that someone's shoulder got jacked. I was really curious about the Needles one, since I see a couple of CP's out every trip. Anyone know at least a color?
Hey Randy, I'd love to pile on and give you shit, but your boat is faster than mine :notam: There's a couple of boats up in the clean water (Big River and Parker are just Needles/Havasu run off) that I'd love to see you run. You probably are faster, but I think the race would be good.

Johnwithjm
06-01-2005, 01:49 PM
Ok so who is going to race at Chowchilla? BP are you? How about all you river racers. CS19 are you going to show up?

WILDERTHANU
06-01-2005, 01:56 PM
The boat you had the most fun in, is the best boat for you. I think Randy is doing that now. JBG is doing that, and so is CS19. Flat, Jet, or Row boat.
Party on
DR. PHIL??? :confused:

SmokinLowriderSS
06-01-2005, 02:50 PM
You mean my 27 year old Taylor SS that does 150 mph?
Well, she WILL do 150 .......... after I get that heavilly blown 640, convert her to methanol/nitro, fully prepped race pump from DuaneHTP, ditch my interior,............
And once my Powerball ticket number gets chosen. :D :D

Bense468
06-01-2005, 05:53 PM
DR. PHIL??? :confused:
Get a boat on the water and then call me Dr Phil....ASSSSS
OH AND HOW DOES THAT MAKE YOU FEEL?

bp
06-01-2005, 06:04 PM
Ok so who is going to race at Chowchilla? BP are you? How about all you river racers. CS19 are you going to show up?
i'll be there john.
dunno about cp's, but i do know of a guy gettin' tossed out of a k boat last weekend. :eek: limped back into it and won his race though.
i still want a class bully tank.. right after i left the trailer, they called us and it was a flail the rest of the day... save me one large?

Johnwithjm
06-01-2005, 06:10 PM
i'll be there john.
dunno about cp's, but i do know of a guy gettin' tossed out of a k boat last weekend. :eek: limped back into it and won his race though.
i still want a class bully tank.. right after i left the trailer, they called us and it was a flail the rest of the day... save me one large?Bob when you getting there? I need a spot for me and Mike Miller.

Cs19
06-01-2005, 06:11 PM
CS19,
Lets face it, you will always throw out a remark like "gee, where are all the 9.0 - 9.50 flattys at the river?" Then make it look like you are innocent. Your boat is a bonifed race boat. It has 2 freaking seats in it. If you want to call the padded cardboard in the back a seat then by all means do it. You have poured money into the pump and motor and the days of you cruising back and forth are shortened. A 9.0 flatbottom is only gonna have 2 seats as is a 13 second flat as is a 7 second flat. (point being, all flats have 2 seats). Your 9 seconds is no quicker than anyone elses 9 seconds. I didnt see any of you trying to race GM killers Ford at the freeboard challenge deal. Why is that? He said he did everything but beg you race. Why is it that when someone comes out and runs faster and quicker than you, you call foul? You instantly call it a "non river" boat. Whatever! So HBjet beats a boat with a number on the side of it. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!! That is great for him. His boat runs hard and is the consumate sleeper. But had he got beat, it would have been, "oh, I got beat by a race boat that runs 107." There is no winning. But I love to see how you guys posture yourselves in here to where if you beat somebody, it was a heroic feat. If you lost to them, well, no big deal you were suppose to lose to a race boat. NICE!!!
Easy turb.
Yes, until i see one decent running river flat,that gets used like a river flat should be.. then yes, i will continue to ask where they are? Tony,please tell me, where are they?
first of all... my days of cruising are not over, you really dont know what your talking about.. Ill run it all day long, get your facts straight cause you obviously dont know much about my boat, if its a "bonified racer", then why didnt i make it a high compression deal? I chose pump gas.Why dont i make make it a center steering, no gunnell tanks,race pump clearances,nasty cam,blah blah..cause its a river boat that gets used like one. How many bonified racers are there on pump gas? i know of one guy at this point.
And i am not innocent whatever that means..Gmkiller? Bring it.He never called me out, thats straight up bullshit, ask him for yourself. Didnt we already go over this Tony? ...Based on his boat weight and HP , he should whoop on me, but I have ran better than his (or should i say your) 9.12 at ming, so it should be a good race, hes gonna havta sack up and drive first.
Have a nice day.

bp
06-01-2005, 06:13 PM
Lets just say he could run those numbers with a naturally aspirated single 4 barrel small block....maybe he runs a throttle stop, I don't know. :boxed:
i may be wrong, but i think that's a very heavy boat. that engine IS basically a small block, considering it's a 392 hemi.
i have no idea what he does with it, but whatever it is, i know he knows what he's doing. i have a time slip showing that boat running 122, and i know it was still accelerating at the time, so.. whatever it is, it ain't slow. i don't think a 350/4bbl sbc in that boat will run quite like that..

Cs19
06-01-2005, 06:32 PM
cs, whats funny is, I've been going to the river a lot more than yourself (I'm at least 10 years older than you) and have only seen you there once? Would I sound smart saying you go twice a year just cause I don't see you there? Quit being rediculous... the one time I saw you there, you were so drunk your girl had to drive...maybe you just dont remeber seeing any flats in your drunken stuper :devil:
Leave it to drama queen Jerry to get all fussy over nothing.
Well Jerry, Im 26 y.o. and Ive been going to the river consistantly my entire life .Ive been to the river alot in my opinion. But I dont have 50 billion rolls of film of all my friends driving their fast boats like yourself.So yes, you are the true river rat who just videos everyone else.
Maybe you have seen me more than once? You act like you've know me forever...? Lets keep in mind my boat has been running for 13 months now..Maybe thats why you havent seen me.So you've seen my boat on the water once in the last year, well the truth is its already been the the river 6 times this season and Im just gettin started.How bout you?
Who says I was so drunk I couldnt drive? I let my girl drive every time we go, sometimes she wants to drive..BFD. I know I know, I should have been out there making passes in that madness cause "V-DRIVE VIDEO" was there.
Ya, nice fishing boats and its a classic pic,but Im tired of those pics, and Im tired of you saying "show up to needles, or Alcorns".

bp
06-01-2005, 06:42 PM
Gmkiller? Bring it.He never called me out, thats straight up bullshit, ask him for yourself. Didnt we already go over this Tony? ...Based on his boat weight and HP , he should whoop on me, but I have ran better than his (or should i say your) 9.12 at ming, so it should be a good race, hes gonna havta sack up and drive first.
Have a nice day.
well, how 'bout ming on the 25th :idea:

V-DRIVE VIDEO
06-01-2005, 06:45 PM
i may be wrong, but i think that's a very heavy boat. that engine IS basically a small block, considering it's a 392 hemi.
i have no idea what he does with it, but whatever it is, i know he knows what he's doing. i have a time slip showing that boat running 122, and i know it was still accelerating at the time, so.. whatever it is, it ain't slow. i don't think a 350/4bbl sbc in that boat will run quite like that..
Come on chief!!! The 383 dodge, 390 ford and 396 chevy are all considered big blocks... regardless 122 for a blown hemi hydro is far from where it could be and yes, the right single 4 barrell small block could run 122 no prob.

Cs19
06-01-2005, 06:45 PM
Ya, hopefully he shows up.
good job last weekend Bp, heard you did good @ Red bluff.

Cs19
06-01-2005, 07:06 PM
[This thread went to shit.. :mad: Hopefuly we can still get info on these mishaps with the cp's.
__________________________________________________ _______________
The Aha Quin mishap was due to a huge hole [in the water] made by a wake board boat. The CP had made some strong passes in the lagoon which is protected pretty good. During the cp's upriver pass, the wake board boat came into the lagoon made a U-turn and went down river. The cp driver never saw the wake board boat when he turned to make a down river pass and didn't see the wakes until it was too late. BTW, there is no current where the boats run at Aha Quin. Hard to say how fast he was going but, he was starting to march.
New, unwritten rule at the quin is...........stage in the south and race to the north.
It's great that he's okay and we have an experience behind us that provided a huge reality check.
DB[/QUOTE]
Thank Dave,was it the blue/white one? You mentioned it was his old boat, that confused me.
Yes its a reality check, everyone please be safe this summer.
Geez, i heard some more rumors today, i dont know what to believe anymore.
The 3 are for sure..tunnell,aha and needles, but I really do think there were more, but lets just move on, and keep all this in mind. It can happen to anyone.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
06-01-2005, 07:07 PM
Leave it to drama queen Jerry to get all fussy over nothing.
Well Jerry, Im 26 y.o. and Ive been going to the river consistantly my entire life .Ive been to the river alot, in my opinion. But I dont have 50 billion rolls of film of all my friends driving their fast boats like yourself.So yes, you are the true river rat who just videos everyone else.
Maybe you have seen me more than once? You act like you've know me forever...? Lets keep in mind, my boat has been running for 13 months now..Maybe thats why you havent seen me.So youve seen my boat on the water once in the last year, well the truth is, its already been the the river 6 times this season and Im just gettin started.How bout you?
Who says I was so drunk I couldnt drive? I let my girl drive every time we go, sometimes, she wants to drive..BFD.
Ya, nice fishing boats and its a classic pic,but Im tired of those pics, and Im tired of " show up to needles, or Alcorns".
CS
6 times this season which leaves 8 months previous... :sleeping: dude, get a grip! [QUOTE]"just videos everyone else" [QUOTE] puleeease, I have an 18 year headstart on your ass running all over, not just big river a few weekends a year.
I believe it was you that said you were too drunk for the evening races last oct....
[QUOTE] " :cry: waaaaaaa :cry: , Im tired of those pics and I'm tired of "show up at needles, or Alcorns" [QUOTE] ---->and were tired of you talking like you've actually been anywhere or done anything. :rolleyes:

WILDERTHANU
06-01-2005, 07:12 PM
Easy turb.
Yes, until i see one decent running river flat,that gets used like a river flat should be.. then yes, i will continue to ask where they are? Tony,please tell me, where are they?
Come on Chris, Im not taking sides.... I've met you, you're a cool cat. Think about that statement though?? Thats like all the guys up @ CFW or Needles asking where all the fast "river jets" are. They dont always come to you. I've been up and down the Parker strip with my flatbottom. Ive been out with a good friends 8 sec. river flat making passes all day. Not to mention I'll have my flat @ the sandbar this summer with my chick. I'll make sure and get you a picture. So what makes a "river flat".
How bout Lost Lake last summer.... remember Tony...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/16MVC-911F-med.JPG

V-DRIVE VIDEO
06-01-2005, 07:14 PM
Come on Chris, Im not taking sides.... I've met you, you're a cool cat. Think about that statement though?? Thats like all the guys up @ CFW or Needles asking where all the fast "river jets" are. They dont always come to you. I've been up and down the Parker strip with my flatbottom. Ive been out with a good friends 8 sec. river flat making passes all day. Not to mention I'll have my flat @ the sandbar this summer with my chick. I'll make sure and get you a picture. So what makes a "river flat".
Dude, if Chris doesn't see it it must not exist.... :notam:

Cs19
06-01-2005, 07:21 PM
Im well aware of T.C.'s Lookie Lou, and I honestly almost posted that I thought this boat was an exception, cause Ive seen those guys at quin many times, its fast for sure and I damn well know Tonys a river racer, a good one at that.He even told me it had "jetboat gears in it" LOL. He drives my friends BGF @ Ming, hes a good driver and a cool guy.
If you take yours to the sandbar, then thats rad..Hey Id love to see more of them out there, and im not doubting that a fast true river flat cant be built or cant hold up, I know it can be done, and its probably easier done than a jet. i just dont see em anymore.

Cs19
06-01-2005, 07:23 PM
:rolleyes: CS
6 times this season which leaves 8 months previous... :sleeping: dude, get a grip! [QUOTE]"just videos everyone else" [QUOTE] puleeease, I have an 18 year headstart on your ass running all over, not just big river a few weekends a year.
I believe it was you that said you were too drunk for the evening races last oct....
[QUOTE] " :cry: waaaaaaa :cry: , Im tired of those pics and I'm tired of "show up at needles, or Alcorns" [QUOTE] ---->and were tired of you talking like you've actually been anywhere or done anything. :rolleyes:
nice post ..
"cmon cheif" :rolleyes:
The threads already hammered now with your K boat pics and drama, send it to bench racers.

Cs19
06-01-2005, 07:32 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/16MVC-911F-med.JPG
Well Ive never been to CFW, are there some river flats up there? Are there still guys cruising around in Parker in there flats? I didnt think that would fly anymore.
8 seconds all day long? Now thats impressive.If he can run around all day, and pull that off then thats bad ass. A river flat to me is a 2 seater, on gas, blown or not,reliable and on the water all day long.

superdave013
06-01-2005, 07:44 PM
I chose pump gas.
If you ever win at Ming with pump gas in the tank you will fail the fuel check. Makes no sense to me but I've seen more then one fail because of it.
Everyone has their idea of what's what. Who really cares what's a race boat or just a lake race boat? Real lake boats to me are the ones pulling skiers, people on tubes and that sort of thing. But hey, that's just what I think and it don't matter anyway.
I thought lake racing was kinda run what you brung and hope you brung enough. HBjet had enough that day just like he does most of the time.
But hey, my boat's been bench racing in the garage for to long so what the heck do I know. :confused:
Oh, glad to hear no one got jacked up to bad in the CP's.

WILDERTHANU
06-01-2005, 07:47 PM
Well Ive never been to CFW, are there some river flats up there? Are there still guys cruising around in Parker in there flats? I didnt think that would fly anymore.
I got a couple friends up there with really nice flatbottoms. Billy just did an awesome Cole for a guy in the keys. Its mostly blown v-drive crusiers in our circle these days though. Although we did have a nice BGF come up for the weekend. even rolled it over around 10 @ night blowin flames for a party we were having. I still have a blast @ our place, all ocean boats aside....lol.

wsuwrhr
06-01-2005, 07:49 PM
But hey, my boat's been bench racing in the garage for to long so what the heck do I know.
Just couldn't help it,
I posted something to the same tune...
Brian

wsuwrhr
06-01-2005, 07:54 PM
Come on chief!!! The 383 dodge, 390 ford and 396 chevy are all considered big blocks... regardless 122 for a blown hemi hydro is far from where it could be and yes, the right single 4 barrell small block could run 122 no prob.
Being a Dodge guy, I feel I am qualified to say,
I consider the 383 a peice of shit myself...
Brian

Kindsvater Flat
06-01-2005, 07:57 PM
CS19....
What about Scummer, Small Block Mike, ColeTR1, Tom Farner, Berry Black, The Bolt Nazi, the 2 flatties from Prime Marine, and even the guy that shoots all the video you enjoy, this is just a few out of many that go to the river.
How come none have ever mentioned your name?

wsuwrhr
06-01-2005, 08:00 PM
I don't care whether you love or hate v-drives, but there isn't a gearhead alive who won't get a chubby seeing or hearing the 'blades horizontal....
Brian

Kindsvater Flat
06-01-2005, 08:09 PM
CS19,
all flats have 2 seats
Sorry Chief...... I'm the 14 sec exception.
http://www.schoutenranch.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/seats.jpg

Roman 1
06-01-2005, 08:10 PM
How dare you guys jump on my favorite subject without me :mad:
cs 19 gets slapped by jetboatguru and crys his ass all the way home to mommy. WIlderthanher, you don't sound much older than cs but the Crue rocks so you can stay. VDVideo, your drama is way over the top, cs needs a tissue. Superdave 13, say hello to Mr. Hand. Wish u weren't here, I have a 70 challenger RT/SE 383 so kiss my black ass!!! :hammerhea
R1 :cool:

wsuwrhr
06-01-2005, 08:15 PM
Wish u weren't here, I have a 70 challenger RT/SE 383 so kiss my black ass!!! :hammerhea
Get the name straight first candle.....
Second, I HAVE a 383 in a powerwagon, so as I said, I am qualified.
A 600lb+ 383ci engine is a piece of shit.
So kiss my white ass. ;) ;)
Brian

77charger
06-01-2005, 08:25 PM
The flat i drive can hold 22 gallons,and seats 4,has pockets on the side of the seats, and cooler room if i need it.Impressed and it can run into the 8s on a hot day. :D
Its also a star on river rats 2 ;)

Roman 1
06-01-2005, 08:26 PM
Get the name straight first candle.....
Second, I HAVE a 383 in a powerwagon, so as I said, I am qualified.
A 600lb+ 383ci engine is a piece of shit.
So kiss my white ass. ;) ;)
Brian
Listen up you little Nazi (that lives in the ghetto :confused: ). Your 383 would run much better if the "sanford and sons truck" it pushes went on a diet. My Challenger runs 10.90's on street tires with only a few (major) modifications ;)
Roman "GhettoFabulous" 1 :220v:

Cs19
06-01-2005, 08:37 PM
The flat i drive can hold 22 gallons,and seats 4,has pockets on the side of the seats, and cooler room if i need it.Impressed and it can run into the 8s on a hot day. :D
Its also a star on river rats 2 ;)
Now were talkin',thats a river runner, dude you were haulin ass on the 10 when I saw you.

wsuwrhr
06-01-2005, 08:47 PM
Listen up you little Nazi (that lives in the ghetto :confused: ). Your 383 would run much better if the "sanford and sons truck" it pushes went on a diet. My Challenger runs 10.90's on street tires with only a few (major) modifications ;)
Shivers...
Hey candle....
Bench racer.....you..over there...
I don't want to get into the MODS you made to your car, if you like it then great, we are all here to have fun.
My post was made in fun, since EVERYTHING I own is powered by a Dodge, it is kinda hard for me to make fun of my own stuff, dumbass.
"To each their own" you know what I mean?
Yea I live in the ghetto, but nazi? that's a stretch pal.....
Brian

77charger
06-01-2005, 08:47 PM
Now were talkin',thats a river runner, dude you were haulin ass on the 10 when I saw you.
I had to get my lake boat up to 85mph :mix: its the only time it breaks 60
Saw the chp in full force cut the speed down from there out also took my i/o to lost lakes on sat too

stoker2001
06-01-2005, 08:58 PM
i do owe him one though... maybe kevin will get first crack... :confused:Ditto on that,i feared rick so much in red bluff that he caused me to red light by-.21...LOL.I got lucky on the pheonix opener and rick slept bad on light.i hope to get redemption at chowchilla,but if we dont pair up that is ok with me if you know what i mean :D see you guys there

stoker2001
06-01-2005, 09:01 PM
Lets just say he could run those numbers with a naturally aspirated single 4 barrel small block....maybe he runs a throttle stop, I don't know. :boxed:ok jerry,not saying it would be impossible,would just like to see :wink:

roostwear
06-01-2005, 09:02 PM
I didnt see any of you trying to race GM killers Ford at the freeboard challenge deal.
Actually, you didn't see anything 'cuz you no showed. Come to think of it, with only a few exceptions, v-drives have been conspicuosly absent from FC. It was never restricted to any drive type, and the water is plenty deep to run in BR. Never mattered to me who came, who didn't, as long as it was a good time. With no more FCs, it's all just talk. When you're slow as dirt (like me) and you're not a "racer", all this crap doesn't matter. To me, speed doesn't matter, bling doesn't matter.... it comes down one thing..... are you at the trailer TALKING about the river, or floatin' on it.
Just my .02.... about the net value of this thread now.

*BN*
06-01-2005, 09:09 PM
Hey I don't want to piss anyone off here but as a full on jet boater for over 35+ years, you gotta admit that almost all flatty's at the river are a "hard on" to watch run since at a the flip of a mosquito they are over and the driver is wet. Jets are by far more forgiving compared to a flatty. So for you guys that go out there in your words "lake jets" and run'em hard just remember a flatty doing the same speed as you is dealing with probably 20+ mph more risk than you at your speed.
NOW THIS LAKE BOAT $HIT is what gauls me!
You guys claim to have lake boats because of gas tanks, lights, 91 octane etc etc etc.
You wanna see a lake boat...........yes it has 12:1 compression now, and at a time it had more than that.
But this boat has been:
1. Hall's Crossing (top of Powell) to Rainbow Bridge (mile marker 50) with 5 people in our family! Boy the barges make wakes that go right over the bow and bounce off of wall for 30 minutes.
2. From Temple Bar up into the Grand Canyon's First Rapids. (Had to float out because we ran out of Fuel.)
3. From One end of Lake Shasta to the other.
4. Lake Trinity one end to the other.
5. The Sacramento Delta, from Walnut to the Salt Water of Pittsburgh!
6. Water Ski in everyone of these places till the arms fall off, (4 kids plus the Mom and Dad).
7. San Felipe Mexico, Why? Have know clue! LOL
8. Lake Mead, Lake Mohave, Lake Havasu, yeap all of them.
9. Blythe to Lake Martinez (3 times).
NOW THAT IS A LAKE BOAT, AND YES IT DOES RUN 94MPH AT PARKER!
Now until you guys actually use your boat like a friggin lake boat rather than a BEACH TOWEL quit calling it a friggin lake boat!
This boat is older than some of you posting here and did I say it runs 94MPH and is the DEFINITION OF A LAKE BOAT!
Sorry jet boat fans, just calling them as I see them, BEACH TOWELS or LAKE BOATS?
The more I read this thread the more I feel bad about having her for sale.
http://ntrplus.com/bn/sale/btHB.gif

wsuwrhr
06-01-2005, 09:10 PM
Actually, you didn't see anything 'cuz you no showed. Come to think of it, with only a few exceptions, v-drives have been conspicuosly absent from FC. It was never restricted to any drive type, and the water is plenty deep to run in BR. Never mattered to me who came, who didn't, as long as it was a good time. With no more FCs, it's all just talk.
There WILL be another FC, the event is too cool to let die.
I am having motor issues, or I would have been v-drivin' Needles and FC 3 this year.
Brian

blowngas
06-01-2005, 09:11 PM
I have ran better than his (or should i say your) 9.12 at ming -----call it what you want, but the average $h*t bomb lake boats can't come close to that even with blowers---not all that many full race jets running low 9's here in the badlands!!!----only know of one that can do a low 9 and still go as a lake boat, and it durn sure can't handle pump premium!!!!

V-DRIVE VIDEO
06-01-2005, 09:25 PM
CS19....
What about Scummer, Small Block Mike, ColeTR1, Tom Farner, Berry Black, The Bolt Nazi, the 2 flatties from Prime Marine, and even the guy that shoots all the video you enjoy, this is just a few out of many that go to the river.
How come none have ever mentioned your name?
Sorry K-flat, cs has never seen any of these so they don't exist... :coffeycup :notam:
KK, that small block mike dude runs 110mph in 9 seconds with a single 4 small block in a heavy flatbottom. That same motor would run over 120 in a hydro.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
06-01-2005, 09:28 PM
...the flip of a mosquito they are over and the driver is wet.
really...

Cs19
06-01-2005, 09:29 PM
OK, whats weird is I was talkin about this boat earlier today, and if I had the cash Id buy it right now. I dont know why you'd ever sell that boat.If anyone wants a bitchen lake boat, here ya go.
Ya know you have a good point BN.My boat,cyclones boat or boats like that are not lake boats, more like river hot rods or whatever you want to call it, different deal than what you've got there. I think Hbjet could be comparable to that boat though, hes just as fast, and Im sure just as reliable. I never thought my boat was a lake boat like that, I know the difference.

Jetboatguru
06-01-2005, 09:36 PM
CS19,
You have done nothing in racing and all you do is try to sound like a know it all and preach to everyone that your boat is a river boat. Take the ugly numbers off the scoop and don't even pretend to be a racer. Your runner up finishes are not impressive. Why don't YOU sack up and bring the almighty eliminator "all day, river cruiser, on pump gas sled" out to Chowchilla and race with the big boys? I will pay your membership $300 and see if you can go rounds. Or will you still be dialing her in? Working on the shoe and ride plate? Give me a break. It's guys like BP that lay it out there and go to battle with other boats year in and year out. Take your boat out to Irvine in a couple weeks instead of the race and see how you rate against the lake flats. Come up here to CFW some time and give her a whirl. I am sorry we wont be on pump gas like that makes a difference. You proved my point again son. You went right back to the "I run mine on pump gas and have offset steering." WOW!!!!!! You really are doing something. GM Killers boat went out the very first time and ran 9.12. That is with somebody who didn't know what the hell he was doing behind the wheel. We made zero changes to the boat. That thing will hand you your ass. I can't wait for Cyclone to get acclamated to his boat. That thing is gonna haul the mail and you will go into full hater mode.
You have conveniently created a situation that is win win for you. You never get beat and if you do it was by a race boat. That's quite the glass house son. A river jet to me has a back seat not two buckets. And as soon as you put plain font numbers on it, it is a race boat.

Cs19
06-01-2005, 09:40 PM
[QUOTE=V-DRIVE VIDEO]Sorry K-flat, cs has never seen any of these so they don't exist... :coffeycup :notam: QUOTE]
Actually, No I know who a few of them are, I think.
Dam to dam guy? with the a nascar motor?, guy with the fastner shop near Billy and cole is on the board with the red blown cole, and of course the fire breathing video machine.Sure they exist.

wsuwrhr
06-01-2005, 09:49 PM
CS19,
You have done nothing in racing and all you do is try to sound like a know it all and preach to everyone that your boat is a river boat. Take the ugly numbers off the scoop and don't even pretend to be a racer. Your runner up finishes are not impressive. Why don't YOU sack up and bring the almighty eliminator "all day, river cruiser, on pump gas sled" out to Chowchilla and race with the big boys? I will pay your membership $300 and see if you can go rounds. Or will you still be dialing her in? Working on the shoe and ride plate? Give me a break. It's guys like BP that lay it out there and go to battle with other boats year in and year out. Take your boat out to Irvine in a couple weeks instead of the race and see how you rate against the lake flats. Come up here to CFW some time and give her a whirl. I am sorry we wont be on pump gas like that makes a difference. You proved my point again son. You went right back to the "I run mine on pump gas and have offset steering." WOW!!!!!! You really are doing something. GM Killers boat went out the very first time and ran 9.12. That is with somebody who didn't know what the hell he was doing behind the wheel. We made zero changes to the boat. That thing will hand you your ass. I can't wait for Cyclone to get acclamated to his boat. That thing is gonna haul the mail and you will go into full hater mode.
You have conveniently created a situation that is win win for you. You never get beat and if you do it was by a race boat. That's quite the glass house son. A river jet to me has a back seat not two buckets. And as soon as you put plain font numbers on it, it is a race boat.
Harsh worded Guru,
He is out there making an effort. I wish I had the time and money to go racing.
Brian

Jet Hydro
06-01-2005, 09:50 PM
Harsh worded Guru,
He is out there making an effort. I wish I had the time and money to go racing.
Brian
True that!!!! :hammerhea

Jetboatguru
06-01-2005, 09:50 PM
Come on Chris, get a grip on yourself. I am getting a ton of PMs from your so called friends thanking me for posting this.
And BN,
That boat you have there is a perfect example of a family riverboat that runs hard. 90+ mph is very impressive for what you use it for. And, I love the number! :D :D
http://dragboats.com/images/gallery/05_04_IHBA_7630_K5.jpg

Jetboatguru
06-01-2005, 10:10 PM
Harsh worded indeed. But It gets old reading him talking down others. Yeah he is making an effort but so are all the other racers.
It's stuff like this that brings out the harsh words. :boxed:

Cs19
06-01-2005, 10:11 PM
hey hotshot check your pms. you got one.

Cs19
06-01-2005, 10:12 PM
[QUOTE=Jetboatguru]Harsh worded indeed. But It gets old reading him talking down others. QUOTE]
and exactly who am i taking down?

Jetboatguru
06-01-2005, 10:15 PM
Hey Dick head!
What edit are you talking about?

Jetboatguru
06-01-2005, 10:18 PM
Like we are supposed to be butt hurt because you are not impressed with Flattys that are set up as raceboats? Boo freaking hoo. People bring their boats out to have fun and race around on the river. Do you think they did it to get your approval? Are they supposed to throw them back on the trailer because you are not impressed? These are the people you are talking down.

Cs19
06-01-2005, 10:18 PM
my bad dick head. didnt realize we went to page 6. Pm

TRG
06-01-2005, 10:20 PM
Just like to inject a little peace-N-love around this thread before it gets too full of crap!............
:chi:
did you feel the injection guys????

Cs19
06-01-2005, 10:20 PM
sounds like you are butt hurt.
I love internet fighting. I feel like a bad ass right now.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
06-01-2005, 10:23 PM
Like we are supposed to be butt hurt because you are not impressed with Flattys that are set up as raceboats? Boo freaking hoo. People bring their boats out to have fun and race around on the river. Do you think they did it to get your approval? Are they supposed to throw them back on the trailer because you are not impressed? These are the people you are talking down.
Dude, I'm thinking chris is dyslexic.

Jetboatguru
06-01-2005, 10:24 PM
sounds like you are butt hurt.
I love internet fighting. I feel like a bad ass right now.
You look like a jack ass

Cs19
06-01-2005, 10:26 PM
you look hardcore internet style tony.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
06-01-2005, 10:29 PM
you look hardcore internet style tony.
and theres confirmation...right on cue!

Cs19
06-01-2005, 10:38 PM
give it a rest jerry, you faded quick, and these lame comments are pathetic.
have fun.

Jetboatguru
06-01-2005, 10:43 PM
I'll bet if this thread was entitled "Brand New Eliminator Crashed in Needles" Chris would be defending the them. But the "Bad day for CPs" quote shows his true colors. How about bad day for the guys that owned the boats?

HBjet
06-01-2005, 10:51 PM
Wow, I haven't seen a thread turn like this in a long time... Old Skool Hot Boat Posting right here!!!
BTW, with the setup I have now my boat has been all up and down the lower river. Parker, Havasu, Sandbar in Havasu, Through the gorge, Needles, Castiac, El Cap, and Lake Elsinore.
I think it qualifies... :rollside:
HBjet

V-DRIVE VIDEO
06-01-2005, 10:54 PM
BTW, with the setup I have now my boat has been all up and down the lower river. Parker, Havasu, Sandbar in Havasu, Through the gorge, Needles, Castiac, El Cap, and Lake Elsinore.
HBjet
Welcome to the club :cool:

Cs19
06-01-2005, 10:54 PM
I have nothing against CP's. Id have one if I didnt have the boat I have.
unfortunalty it was a bad day for cp's, even worse for the drivers/owners.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
06-01-2005, 10:56 PM
give it a rest jerry, you faded quick, and these lame comments are pathetic.
have fun.
Pretty funny that none of your buddies are in here backin you :notam:
maybe you should get to bed before you have a nervous breakdown LMAO!

Jetboatguru
06-01-2005, 10:56 PM
Like I posted earlier Randy, yours is a true bonified sleeper. A V bottom, steel headed Chevy that runs an honest 95 mph. That is impressive.

*BN*
06-01-2005, 10:59 PM
HBjet
Randy,
Yes your qualifies, but lets cement it with maybe 3-4 of those thongs behind a rope SKING up and down the river rather than using your boat as a trash can or beach towel. :)
Remember we need pics, not for proof, just for another thong viewing experience. :)

Kindsvater Flat
06-01-2005, 11:02 PM
Randy,
....... just for another thong viewing experience. :)
But is this a bad thing? :D

*BN*
06-01-2005, 11:07 PM
But is this a bad thing? :D
Yes, only because I didn't say 6-8 thongs. Can't ever have to many. ;) ;) ;)

V-DRIVE VIDEO
06-01-2005, 11:11 PM
Yes, only because I didn't say 6-8 thongs. Can't ever have to many. ;) ;) ;)
until they find out about each other :D

Kindsvater Flat
06-01-2005, 11:24 PM
until they find out about each other :D
Could be team players...... :rolleyes: :D

LVjetboy
06-02-2005, 02:34 AM
"Well spoken JBG"
Well spoken like a lawyer...still full of sh*t.
” You proved my point again son…you have conveniently created a situation that is win win for you. You never get beat and if you do it was by a race boat. That's quite the glass house son. A river jet to me has a back seat not two buckets. And as soon as you put plain font numbers on it, it is a race boat.”
Son? C’mon old fart. :confused:
Let’s all paint numbers‘n make race boats. Are all 2 seat cars race cars? In my jet I have a stereo for a back seat am I a racer? Trade-offs. He didn’t prove your lame a** point. Maybe you’re the one trying to create a win win by implying CS match a single purpose racer on the track or his jet ain’t shit?
BN posted: "NOW THIS LAKE BOAT $HIT is what gauls me!"
So says JBG. Yet, other than your 12:1 compression, I doubt the lake boat feats you list are typical of a flatty with the same performance. Good or bad. Why does that gall you?
Your post seemed a bit inconsistent. Are you proud your jet ran 94 yet could handle Powell and Mead big water? Makes sense…trust me. I’ve run those and many others including Lake Erie near the flats. So why call out guys comparing boats talking tanks and octane? Those compromises can really save you’re a** on big lakes like Powell. Most marinas on Powell pump 87 octane dock gas not 89 or even "pump gas" 91 let alone something for 12:1.
Temple Bar on Mead pumps 89. For me, a true “lake” or river boat runs on gas available on the water. Not carried in with portable tanks then pull your jet/vdrive/whatever to top off. Number of seats one thing, running out of gas on lakes like Powell or Mead can kill. Opinions vary on details, not saying mine’s best, but the lake vs race boat debate makes a lot of sense and acknowledges both benefit and compromise of something other than single purpose. In that perspective, a lake boat with seats, stereo, low octane, lights, etc. AND big numbers is more impressive than a "race" boat with the same numbers…or a bit more.
Drive type makes no difference.
jer

stoker2001
06-02-2005, 05:35 AM
Sorry K-flat, cs has never seen any of these so they don't exist... :coffeycup :notam:
KK, that small block mike dude runs 110mph in 9 seconds with a single 4 small block in a heavy flatbottom. That same motor would run over 120 in a hydro.like i said,anythings possible my pisspot has went 9.8 at 109 with no poweradder and a true small block at 153 cubic inch :D not setting the world on fire but it has seen every inch of havasu from needles to parker dam and poker runs in delta fighting ferry wakes (ask T-bag and smalls about are hooky day event).Jerry you need to get your boat and come play with us at chowchilla,sixteen boats in M/E at red bluff is not enough :D

MAXIMUS
06-02-2005, 06:01 AM
How dare you guys jump on my favorite subject without me :mad:
I have a 70 challenger RT/SE 383 so kiss my black ass!!! :hammerhea
Sorry to hear that... how long have you had this problem??? :idea:

MAXIMUS
06-02-2005, 06:03 AM
"Major" being what??? A blower with nitrous & a hemi! :notam:

MAXIMUS
06-02-2005, 06:19 AM
My jet boat is all "race"... So don't try to tell me its not! :notam:

schiada96
06-02-2005, 06:42 AM
CS19,
My boat has numbers,
Hi Tony

Jetboatguru
06-02-2005, 07:05 AM
"Well spoken JBG"
Well spoken like a lawyer...still full of sh*t.
” You proved my point again son…you have conveniently created a situation that is win win for you. You never get beat and if you do it was by a race boat. That's quite the glass house son. A river jet to me has a back seat not two buckets. And as soon as you put plain font numbers on it, it is a race boat.”
Son? C’mon old fart. :confused:
Let’s all paint numbers‘n make race boats. Are all 2 seat cars race cars? In my jet I have a stereo for a back seat am I a racer? Trade-offs. He didn’t prove your lame a** point. Maybe you’re the one trying to create a win win by implying CS match a single purpose racer on the track or his jet ain’t shit?
BN posted: "NOW THIS LAKE BOAT $HIT is what gauls me!"
So says JBG. Yet, other than your 12:1 compression, I doubt the lake boat feats you list are typical of a flatty with the same performance. Good or bad. Why does that gall you?
Your post seemed a bit inconsistent. Are you proud your jet ran 94 yet could handle Powell and Mead big water? Makes sense…trust me. I’ve run those and many others including Lake Erie near the flats. So why call out guys comparing boats talking tanks and octane? Those compromises can really save you’re a** on big lakes like Powell. Most marinas on Powell pump 87 octane dock gas not 89 or even "pump gas" 91 let alone something for 12:1.
Temple Bar on Mead pumps 89. For me, a true “lake” or river boat runs on gas available on the water. Not carried in with portable tanks then pull your jet/vdrive/whatever to top off. Number of seats one thing, running out of gas on lakes like Powell or Mead can kill. Opinions vary on details, not saying mine’s best, but the lake vs race boat debate makes a lot of sense and acknowledges both benefit and compromise of something other than single purpose. In that perspective, a lake boat with seats, stereo, low octane, lights, etc. AND big numbers is more impressive than a "race" boat with the same numbers…or a bit more.
jer
Hey,
Jerry Garcia in a Southwind, that is nice.

Jetboatguru
06-02-2005, 07:06 AM
My boat has numbers,
Hi Tony
Hi Jeff,
The difference here is you don't flap your lips about others that go out to the lakes or rivers with so called raced boats. Say hi to Dennis! :smile:

Jordy
06-02-2005, 07:07 AM
Shit, now I guess I'm going to have to get some numbers for the new white boat so I can have some river cred. :D :D :D

schiada96
06-02-2005, 07:09 AM
Hi Jeff,
The difference here is you don't flap your lips about others that go out to the lakes or rivers with so called raced boats. Say hi to Dennis! :smile:
All those guys are at parker now I didn't get to go this time

Johnwithjm
06-02-2005, 07:26 AM
Well Cs19 JBG said he will pay your membership to the race in Chowchilla I will help out with the race entry fee so are you going to show up? IHBA will have alot more boats in your class should be a good time.

superdave013
06-02-2005, 07:39 AM
"Well spoken JBG"
Are all 2 seat cars race cars?
jer
nope, just the ones that go to the race track. lol

superdave013
06-02-2005, 07:55 AM
CS19 is alot like I was when I was his age. He's what the sport needs. Younger guy that's totally into it. I did the same thing he's doing now. My boat was a double duty deal. Raced it with NJBA one weekend and the next weekend I was at a local lake or at the river. Buena Vista just loved me back then. lol
Maybe the only difference was I'd never to to a local lake with the rope deflector still on. (kinda pouserish I felt at the time)
His runs on pump gas and mine ran in VP-C16. That was because we have the choice to set them up any way we want. That's what make it so cool. Every ones stuff is different.
When I met CS19 for the first time it was at the boat races and it was in HIS pit area. So it's kind of shocking to hear him say he does not have a race boat as I've seen him trucking down the track more then once. Just look at his avatar. That's a classic pic.
Here is the same view of me:
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/1503just_plain_nasty_1997_low_res-med.jpg
No question that this is the same spot. For those that have never been there this is Lake Ming. Lake Ming has a big ass sign clamming it's the HOME OF DRAGBOAT RACING!
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/customavatars/avatar4601_4.gif
I bet you would not have to look very hard to find the same view but with Eddie Hill running 220+ in The Texan. C'Mon, it just don't get better then that. Racing at Ming is one of the coolest things I've ever done in my entire life!
CS, you are a boat racer man. You are hooked on it and it's in your blood. Get over it as there is no cure.

Nucking futs
06-02-2005, 07:57 AM
I really like how this thread turned out.Its the most action a thread has had in a long time.It went from trying to find out who crashed and if they were ok and seeing if the boats were ok to finding out 3 CP's has issues over the long weekend.Glad everyone is ok.
It now has turned into a bashing thread.
I have alot of respect for the V-drive guys and there rigs, but I am a jetter at heart. Why must this v-drive VRS jet thing take place in this thread? I have alot of v-drive freinds and they never give me shit for being a cocky little jet guy and yes they will hand me my ass most of the time , but i am always there to pull them out of the water when they get wet. All i can say is TO EACH THERE OWN and be done with it.
This shit cracks me up.
HBjet, your shit is dialed and runs hard !!!
Carry on..................................
Tim

*BN*
06-02-2005, 07:57 AM
[/i]
So why call out guys comparing boats talking tanks and octane? Those compromises can really save you’re a** on big lakes like Powell. Most marinas on Powell pump 87 octane dock gas not 89 or even "pump gas" 91 let alone something for 12:1.
jer
Jer,
I'm not sure why you would even respond to my post since you have a lake boat. Well I guess you have slammed the flatty's enough to have that uncontrollable urge to post when the shoe really doesn't fit you.
You have what I defined as a lake boat (imho).
The others I called posting in this thread have used terms like trailer queens, lights, gas tanks you know the drill...... Well those guys claim lake boat when in fact even though they hot rod around they mostly use there stuff as floating beach towels.
When have you ever seen these YOUNG whipper snappers actually SKI? Where have they been that is more than 15-30 miles from camp?
My entire point was is that they are no different than what they seem to use against the flatty guys.
And your CORRECT drive means nothing.
Man I have been at Parker and have had 28' twin cats line up along side. I LOVE IT! I take them out 5-6 boat lengths and just love it when 10-20 seconds later still slammed to the floor they go by me at 120+ mph. IT DOESN'T matter to me who wins or loses ITS ALL IN THE RUSH!
Lake Boat = 10-20 seconds wide open, Race boat at the river 5-6 seconds and then roll out the towels. :smile: Unless it is my all time best boat to watch run.........the "K"

Jetboatguru
06-02-2005, 08:11 AM
I really like how this thread turned out.Its the most action a thread has had in a long time.It went from trying to find out who crashed and if they were ok and seeing if the boats were ok to finding out 3 CP's has issues over the long weekend.Glad everyone is ok.
It now has turned into a bashing thread.
I have alot of respect for the V-drive guys and there rigs, but I am a jetter at heart. Why must this v-drive VRS jet thing take place in this thread? I have alot of v-drive freinds and they never give me shit for being a cocky little jet guy and yes they will hand me my ass most of the time , but i am always there to pull them out of the water when they get wet. All i can say is TO EACH THERE OWN and be done with it.
This shit cracks me up.
HBjet, your shit is dialed and runs hard !!!
Carry on..................................
Tim
I am not slamming anyone's boat. I am responding to the dig about how un-impressed CS19 is with the race flattys that come out to the river to play around. He is not impressed because why?
The jet vs Vdrive thing is long played out. I will be racing a jet in October. I hope that impresses somebody.

*BN*
06-02-2005, 08:12 AM
OK, whats weird is I was talkin about this boat earlier today, and if I had the cash Id buy it right now. I dont know why you'd ever sell that boat.If anyone wants a bitchen lake boat, here ya go.
Ya know you have a good point BN.My boat,cyclones boat or boats like that are not lake boats, more like river hot rods or whatever you want to call it, different deal than what you've got there. I think Hbjet could be comparable to that boat though, hes just as fast, and Im sure just as reliable. I never thought my boat was a lake boat like that, I know the difference.
Thanks for the positive comments.

Jordy
06-02-2005, 08:15 AM
The jet vs Vdrive thing is long played out. I will be racing a jet in October. I hope that impresses somebody.
Nah, that's a given because you are the Jet Boat Guru. :D :D :D

HBjet
06-02-2005, 08:28 AM
Lake Boat = 10-20 seconds wide open
No Problem... done it many times :p
This thread has gone to shit, but still its entertaining... CS19 is an easy target for the flatties... His boat is beautiful, rigged very very well, runs hard and was setup right from the beginning. He did everything himself over a few years verses rush his shit together to get to the river or races with everyone else. His vision of what the perfect boat is what he has. Something that will run at the river all day (and night) without needing to be refueled. Can tow another boat in if needed (towed me at FC3 after I ran out of gas) trailer just about anyone at the river who wants to line up with him, then go out to Ming and run in the low 9's. So what is has fiberglass seats, just about every flatty does. So what is has a push start verses a key. I have seen plenty of boats at the river with that setup that have never seen the track. As for the numbers on the scoop... I think its a hell of a lot better then huge numbers painted on the side of the hull. Besides, he races it... even if its a few times.
I know there are a lot nicer rigged flatties around then CS19's boat, but I am very impressed with his setup and work that he put into it. I think anyone who likes to see someone do the work and it looks top notch would agree, no matter if there was a pump sticking out the back, or a prop hanging from the bottom.
Good Job CS... you know I dig your boat... Just how I like all the clean flatties... All are very nice with a lot of time and energy put into them.
HBjet :mix:

superdave013
06-02-2005, 08:33 AM
I know there are a lot nicer rigged flatties around then CS19's boat, but I am very impressed with his setup and work that he put into it. I think anyone who likes to see someone do the work and it looks top notch would agree, no matter if there was a pump sticking out the back, or a prop hanging from the bottom.
There might be some that are nicer but I would not say alot of them are. His boat is very f'in nice!

Jetboatguru
06-02-2005, 08:34 AM
Randy, you are missing the point. Nobody is attacking his boat. Yes it is a beautiful, yes it is fast and quick etc etc. The point is you don't see people attacking it or telling him they are not impressed. And you say that he will trailer anything or most anything that will line up with him. He avoids the race looking flatty because it may give him more than he wants and then we revert back to the "yeah it has 2 seats and bullet tank and runs race gas so he should beat me" crap and we are right back here again.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
06-02-2005, 08:37 AM
I've got nothing against our little Jeremy McGrath look-a-like and he has a cool boat, but sometimes he's off base with his posts...

HBjet
06-02-2005, 08:41 AM
I am not slamming anyone's boat. I am responding to the dig about how un-impressed CS19 is with the race flattys that come out to the river to play around. He is not impressed because why?
I don't think he's un-impressed, I just think he hasn't seen any??? I know I have only seen a few over the past years. The first time I ran at Lost Lake, there were two and man they were fast. I even remember saying to one of the drivers when we were floating "Hey, Nice Boat" and I just got a dirty look and then he looked away. I thought that was pretty lame, but whatever. I guess all of the race/river flats run at Needles... but I haven't seen any photos of the boats in coves, or sandbars on weekends where there are a mix of other boats, etc... Most of the flats I see down river are at a beach, they do a few passes, and then tie up for another few hours and then do it all over again. Compared to how CS19 uses his boat, that's not impressive to me. Oh Well.... I'm going to the river tomorrow so I don't really care what anyone thinks... :supp:
HBjet :shift:

Jet Hydro
06-02-2005, 08:42 AM
This thread has gone to shit, but still its entertaining... CS19 is an easy target for the flatties... His boat is beautiful, rigged very very well, runs hard and was setup right from the beginning. He did everything himself over a few years verses rush his shit together to get to the river or races with everyone else. His vision of what the perfect boat is what he has. Something that will run at the river all day (and night) without needing to be refueled. Can tow another boat in if needed (towed me at FC3 after I ran out of gas) trailer just about anyone at the river who wants to line up with him, then go out to Ming and run in the low 9's. So what is has fiberglass seats, just about every flatty does. So what is has a push start verses a key. I have seen plenty of boats at the river with that setup that have never seen the track. As for the numbers on the scoop... I think its a hell of a lot better then huge numbers painted on the side of the hull. Besides, he races it... even if its a few times.
Good Job CS... you know I dig your boat... Just how I like all the clean flatties... All are very nice with a lot of time and energy put into them.
HBjet :mix:Randy I agree wit ya ;) Good Post!

WILDERTHANU
06-02-2005, 08:44 AM
Oh Well.... I'm going to the river tomorrow so I don't really care what anyone thinks... :supp:
HBjet :shift:
Tell them blond bitches I said hi.

*BN*
06-02-2005, 08:45 AM
I wont get into the Flat Vs Jet deal. My issue in this thread is Lake Jet Vs Floating Towel. ;) ;)
Most marinas on Powell pump 87 octane dock gas not 89 or even "pump gas" 91 let alone something for 12:1.
Temple Bar on Mead pumps 89. For me, a true “lake” or river boat runs on gas available on the water. Not carried in with portable tanks then pull your jet/vdrive/whatever to top off. Number of seats one thing, running out of gas on lakes like Powell or Mead can kill.
jer
What is dock gas? Like stated before the boat has 12:1 and at time even more. Back when you could get 94 octane it was NOT enough.
How one gets gas in there boat should make no difference in determining a lake boat Vs race boat. IMHO
It is how the boat is used. Skiing, sight seeing, hot rodding, venturing 30-40 miles from camp etc etc etc is a lake boat.
Hot rodding is great and there are many forms of it. For instance many times we put the boat in at Windsor beach in Havasu, raced up the river through the gorge, past Topoc and Needles all the way to Davis Dam, Touched the Dam with our hands and then raced back. Bonzai Run!

superdave013
06-02-2005, 08:46 AM
Whipper snapper....lol. We SKI...Ive also been out on 90% of the lakes you listed, and Im sure have so of alot of these guys that have been raised in boating families. I do see your point though. How long will this thread go round and round...lmao!!
hey you whipper snapper! lol This thread should be good for at least 10 pages.
hey, my flat would go from buckskin to roadrunner and back on one tank of gas. That made it a lake deal right? lol

Jet Hydro
06-02-2005, 08:49 AM
Hey SD my so called blown race boat has a KEY switch so is that now a lake boat? :idea: ...lol...

Jetboatguru
06-02-2005, 08:49 AM
This is what tipped me off

HBjet
06-02-2005, 08:50 AM
He avoids the race looking flatty because it may give him more than he wants and then we revert back to the "yeah it has 2 seats and bullet tank and runs race gas so he should beat me" crap and we are right back here again.
Well, all of the times I have been to the river with CS19, I have never seen any flatty want to race him. If he is avoiding them I can't say I have ever seen that... If you mean coming up to Needles, well, that's up to him if he wants to go there to run someone or not. I know of a lot of people getting tired of Needles (on the weekends) and they are slowly making there way down river. This weekend (or any weekend), if there is a flatty out there, race looking or not... I will go run him. If I get my ass handed to me, then I will make sure CS19 runs him and we will see what happens.
HBjet

HBjet
06-02-2005, 08:52 AM
They don't like flatties, but I will tell them... haha! :rollside:

superdave013
06-02-2005, 08:53 AM
Hey SD my so called blown race boat has a KEY switch so is that now a lake boat? :idea: ...lol...
If you race it then it's a race boat the way I see it.

Jet Hydro
06-02-2005, 08:59 AM
Well SD
I race my Taylor SJ every time it`s at the lake and it`s only got 2 seats in it ( because some one lost the back one ) but has 2 amps 4- 12" woofers and fishfinder.
The blown boat doesn't even have 6" numbers on the side. I never get a race at the lake with the blown boat.
Just given ya some chit :D

superdave013
06-02-2005, 09:01 AM
will the Taylor whip up on the blown deal? :eek:

Jet Hydro
06-02-2005, 09:03 AM
Wont know till I get the new pump in but it just might???? I have the old motor out of the hydro in it and it runs pretty strong for a boat with an insert pump. I will be pissed if it does! :220v:

Bense468
06-02-2005, 09:35 AM
You doing parker this weekend. Headed out to my place in Havasu tomorrow. Bachlor party for my bro. Stop by if you have time.

cyclone
06-02-2005, 09:39 AM
Chris- JBG called you out on an assumption you made about flatty's. No big deal. we all make assumptions from time to time. I wouldnt argue with him and I'm sure you're not going to lose any sleep over it.
JBG- Its his opinion and it doesnt make him a bad person, vdrive hater or whatever else you might like to think about him. The honest to god truth about chris is that like myself and randy, he is a boating fiend. It doesnt matter what type of boat is in the area, Chris is the first guy to check it out and meet up with the owner to bench race and whatnot. He's a good guy who will go the extra mile to help out anyone on the water and the bottom line is that I've seen his BOAT smoke every single other boat that ever line up against him at the river. He doesn't go looking for races, that's randy's deal. I've never seen any owner of a flatty step to him and chris back down or make excuses. Its not in his character. By the way, thanks for the props on my old boat.
And for everyone else that's bitching about typecasting boats....It's just my 2 cents but I dont give a rats ass what anyone wants to call their boat. Everyone's definition of a lake boat/race boat is going to be different. I have beat and been beaten by damn near everything ('cept a wacker! ha ha) and at the end of the day, they are all just boats with owners out to have a good time.
Personally, I like to think of my Stealth as a river/lake boat but the bottom line is that I wrench on it more and have to spend more time prepping it to hit the water than most so it might as well be called a race boat. Do I care what other people call it? ya right.
So everyone chill and just head out to the river this weekend in your lake/race/river/hot rod boats. I'll be out at big river with my friends and Randy's Buyin' the first round!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

WILDERTHANU
06-02-2005, 09:54 AM
You doing parker this weekend. Headed out to my place in Havasu tomorrow. Bachlor party for my bro. Stop by if you have time.
NICE.... Tell Rob hello for me.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
06-02-2005, 10:10 AM
I guess all of the race/river flats run at Needles... but I haven't seen any photos of the boats in coves, or sandbars on weekends where there are a mix of other boats, etc... Most of the flats I see down river are at a beach, they do a few passes, and then tie up for another few hours and then do it all over again.
I feel a little out of place posting with all these veteran river rats in here but heres a couple of pics from a few outings (for those of you that don't leave big river). :messedup:
Lake San Antonio...
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysgallery/albums/userpics/10001/San%20Antonio.jpg
Moabi, view to the right...
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysgallery/albums/userpics/10001/normal_Moabi%201.jpg
View to the left same time and day
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysgallery/albums/userpics/10001/normal_Moabi%202%20001.jpg
Lake Perris
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysgallery/albums/userpics/10001/Perris.jpg
Elsinore
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysgallery/albums/userpics/10001/RWYB.jpg
Havasu
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysgallery/albums/userpics/10001/normal_Beer%20beach%20II.jpg
Crazy Horse
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysgallery/albums/userpics/10001/Beer%20Beach%7E0.jpg
Between Needles and Moabi
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysgallery/albums/userpics/10001/Ellis%20on%20deck.jpg
Millerton
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysgallery/albums/userpics/10001/Millerton.jpg

Rinduck
06-02-2005, 10:10 AM
A CP went over near the end of or outside the lagoon at Aha Quin Sunday Night. I understand the driver was banged up, but not critical. No passengers aboard. The deck was separated from the hull near the bow. Really sad actually, it was a very nice boat. :sqeyes:
It was really windy Sunday, so it may have been the cause.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
06-02-2005, 10:15 AM
Havasu
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysgallery/albums/userpics/10001/Nauticle.jpg
Big River
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysgallery/albums/userpics/10001/normal_Big%20Riv.jpg
Thats all you get, I've wasted enough time in here... :rolleyes:

RiverRacer
06-02-2005, 10:44 AM
Well, after reading this thread I see that the controversy(Flat vs Jet) from the 80's continues. Looks like lots of very nice, very fast boats waiting for me out there at the River. I think I'll call Scotten and see if my new 18 is ready to roll in the driveway.

superdave013
06-02-2005, 10:54 AM
Hey VDV, nice photos but where are all the chicks? lol
RiverRacer, are you getting a complete boat or a bare hull?

HBjet
06-02-2005, 10:56 AM
VDV - Nice photos! Thanks and looks like a lot of fun!!!
HBjet

*BN*
06-02-2005, 11:40 AM
I think I'll call Scotten and see if my new 18 is ready to roll in the driveway.
'RiverRacer'
Scotten doesn't make 18' kayaks does he? :D :mix:

Wicked Performance Boats
06-02-2005, 11:55 AM
Triyaks!!! Budlight :D :D

RiverRacer
06-02-2005, 12:08 PM
BN,
Yeah, he makes 4-5 a year. All I need now is to figure out where to put the 400 pairs of oars, and get the slaves to man them so I can keep up with you guys!!!!!
FORD Power is the answer.

MudPumper
06-02-2005, 12:17 PM
Chris- JBG called you out on an assumption you made about flatty's. No big deal. we all make assumptions from time to time. I wouldnt argue with him and I'm sure you're not going to lose any sleep over it.
JBG- Its his opinion and it doesnt make him a bad person, vdrive hater or whatever else you might like to think about him. The honest to god truth about chris is that like myself and randy, he is a boating fiend. It doesnt matter what type of boat is in the area, Chris is the first guy to check it out and meet up with the owner to bench race and whatnot. He's a good guy who will go the extra mile to help out anyone on the water and the bottom line is that I've seen his BOAT smoke every single other boat that ever line up against him at the river. He doesn't go looking for races, that's randy's deal. I've never seen any owner of a flatty step to him and chris back down or make excuses. Its not in his character. By the way, thanks for the props on my old boat.
And for everyone else that's bitching about typecasting boats....It's just my 2 cents but I dont give a rats ass what anyone wants to call their boat. Everyone's definition of a lake boat/race boat is going to be different. I have beat and been beaten by damn near everything ('cept a wacker! ha ha) and at the end of the day, they are all just boats with owners out to have a good time.
Personally, I like to think of my Stealth as a river/lake boat but the bottom line is that I wrench on it more and have to spend more time prepping it to hit the water than most so it might as well be called a race boat. Do I care what other people call it? ya right.
So everyone chill and just head out to the river this weekend in your lake/race/river/hot rod boats. I'll be out at big river with my friends and Randy's Buyin' the first round!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
Very well put, Mike. I too have never seen Chris turn down a race and he sure as hell has never bashed another boat. In fact, I know he loves all styles of boat as he is the first one to go check out a clean v-drive, wacker, or jet that rolls into the cove. I know he is especially a big fan of Cp's as he is always pointing them out to me. Yes it is true that we mostly hang out at Big River and no there arent many flatys running around there. We all wish there were more down there. I have never seen Chris too drunk to drive his boat and yes he lets his girlfriend drive the boat everytime they are out. Hell, he let me and Gina drive it a couple of weeks ago and even though I didn't really want to, he insisted that I did. Thanks for that Chris, it was a blast. Bottom line is this tread has gotten way out of hand and we all need to blame Randy for handing that flatty his ass. :D

Wicked Performance Boats
06-02-2005, 12:36 PM
CS 19, your just me minus 30yrs. I don't have anything bad to say about you. You're alright in my book!!! I love a dual purpose boat!! Budlight :D

HBjet
06-02-2005, 12:40 PM
we all need to blame Randy for handing that flatty his ass.
Everyone, I was just kidding... that Flat actually spanked me, but we thought it would be funny to come on here and say I beat him... :boxed:
HBjet :rollside:

*BN*
06-02-2005, 12:57 PM
Triyaks!!! Budlight :D :D
Got kicked in the arse right there. Should have seen that myself. LOL

*BN*
06-02-2005, 01:00 PM
Bottom line is this tread has gotten way out of hand and we all need to blame Randy :D
I say fugit, let just race trailers, unless Randy has upgraded he doesn't have a chance!

MudPumper
06-02-2005, 01:26 PM
I say fugit, let just race trailers, unless Randy has upgraded he doesn't have a chance!
I keep wondering how my trailer makes it down the road with all the noise coming out of it. But what the hell, I'll race it. Just be warned, my trailer is a bonified lake/river trailer. It's got lights, a tandem axle, tounge jack, and fiberglass color matched fenders. It's even got all origional wireing. C'MON. :D

cole13
06-02-2005, 01:47 PM
Can I race trailers too!!! I can take the bunk boards off for some more speed. Oh wait I do not have to take them off they just fall off. And I have FOUR WHEELS!

Wicked Performance Boats
06-02-2005, 01:54 PM
If I take two wheels and two bunks and my fender pads off, does it become a race trailer? Hell can I take the boat off too? Budlight :D How about I take the boat off and stretch the wheelbase, install my blown BBC, put a 9 inch Ford rearend [oh my god, not a ford] and go trailer racing! :D :D Budlight

cole13
06-02-2005, 01:57 PM
If I take two wheels and two bunks and my fender pads off, does it become a race trailer? Hell can I take the boat off too? Budlight :D
I think from reading the post that you also have to put some numbers on it, to make it a RACE trailer. But I may be wrong!!!

Wicked Performance Boats
06-02-2005, 02:04 PM
Doesn't a license plate have numbers on it? Budlight :D

cole13
06-02-2005, 02:07 PM
you are RIGHT! Very Funny

*BN*
06-02-2005, 02:15 PM
Number must be on the side and the rope guard must be placed at a 45 degree angle.
GEEEEEEEEZ, I guess nobody reads the forums these days. :rollside:

cole13
06-02-2005, 02:17 PM
Number must be on the side and the rope guard must be placed at a 45 degree angle.
GEEEEEEEEZ, I guess nobody reads the forums these days. :rollside:
So I can use my A-Arm that holds the boat on the trailer, for a rope guard?

*BN*
06-02-2005, 02:42 PM
As long as it is attached on both ends. :hammerhea

superdave013
06-02-2005, 02:51 PM
so is a v drive trailer faster or slower then a jet boat trailer? :devil:

Wicked Performance Boats
06-02-2005, 02:55 PM
If you use the A-arm as a rope guard, you must put a restrictor chain on it so it can't fly back and hit your fiberglass scoop. It can do that if'n you launch too hard! Budlight

Wicked Performance Boats
06-02-2005, 03:02 PM
so is a v drive trailer faster or slower then a jet boat trailer? :devil:
Depends on the driver. You can't put a jetboat trailer driver behind the wheel of a v-drive trailer and visa-versa and expect the same results!! Budlight :yuk:

Bense468
06-02-2005, 03:13 PM
What about a bagged trailer?

Wicked Performance Boats
06-02-2005, 03:18 PM
What about a bagged trailer?
If she's that ugly, I wouldn't bring her to any daytime race!!! Budlight :D

MAXIMUS
06-02-2005, 03:54 PM
I am not slamming anyone's boat, just my unit. I am responding to the dig about how un-impressed CS19 is with the race flattys that come out to the river to play around. He is not impressed because why? Maybe my unit is just too small??
I'm impressed! :messedup: I'll bet its not a race boat either! :notam: Would you be available to shoe up a 16' trihull with a force 60 on the back if I show... :lightsabe :lightsabe :D

77charger
06-02-2005, 03:57 PM
Wow, I haven't seen a thread turn like this in a long time... Old Skool Hot Boat Posting right here!!!
HBjet
yes it does qaulify IMO pretty impressive numbers(even thought the bow light and empty cooler only weigh a couple of pounds) :D.Seems since i have been here you have always been improving til last couple of years now you just drive it.

djdtpr
06-02-2005, 03:59 PM
All this crap over a bunch of boat trader boats and garage built motors!Im with CS v-drives suck and jet boats rock especialy ours.See you fags at the river tomarrow.You homos better have your party faces on when i get there cause its on!

MAXIMUS
06-02-2005, 04:01 PM
Holy shiat... I am all warm & fuzzy after reading this post there randy... I love ya to CS... & I love Barney all though he dosen't seem to be around any more... :cry: I'd like to give a shout out to Tom Brown, you know who you are... all right yea!!! Thank you!!!

MudPumper
06-02-2005, 06:07 PM
All this crap over a bunch of boat trader boats and garage built motors!Im with CS v-drives suck and jet boats rock especialy ours.See you fags at the river tomarrow.You homos better have your party faces on when i get there cause its on!
F'n A right Danny, lets see if we can't get thrown out the first night. :hammerhea :eek: :wink: Can't wait.

djdtpr
06-02-2005, 08:06 PM
F'n A right Danny, lets see if we can't get thrown out the first night. :hammerhea :eek: :wink: Can't wait.
YOU BET! GET ER DONE! :wink:

*BN*
06-02-2005, 08:11 PM
Did I miss a post from Chet?

Jet Hydro
06-02-2005, 08:36 PM
WOW...... Page 10 :2purples:

Roman 1
06-02-2005, 09:05 PM
you sure sound excited to see a bunch of fags,, have fun fudge packers!
Roman 1

Roman 1
06-02-2005, 09:11 PM
sounds like prom night in here
R1 :notam:

TRG
06-02-2005, 09:13 PM
roman 1, you have it all wrong buddy, its more like a circle jerk! Stay away, you would'nt like it, its not your cup-O-tea.
Todd

Roman 1
06-02-2005, 09:17 PM
roman 1, you have it all wrong buddy, its more like a circle jerk! Stay away, you would'nt like it, its not your cup-O-tea.
Todd
Thats what I thought, I'm sure djdplacecraft sits in the middle right? :notam: I'm definatly a little too refined for you jetters :sleeping: tally ho
Roman

Wicky
06-02-2005, 09:18 PM
Well Cs19 JBG said he will pay your membership to the race in Chowchilla I will help out with the race entry fee so are you going to show up? IHBA will have alot more boats in your class should be a good time.
Damn, I'll take you guys up on that one!! :D :D :D Oh, but I have 5 seats. :shift: Is there a 5 seater class??? :D

Wicky
06-02-2005, 09:21 PM
CS19 is alot like I was when I was his age. He's what the sport needs. Younger guy that's totally into it. I did the same thing he's doing now. My boat was a double duty deal. Raced it with NJBA one weekend and the next weekend I was at a local lake or at the river. Buena Vista just loved me back then. lol
Maybe the only difference was I'd never to to a local lake with the rope deflector still on. (kinda pouserish I felt at the time)
His runs on pump gas and mine ran in VP-C16. That was because we have the choice to set them up any way we want. That's what make it so cool. Every ones stuff is different.
When I met CS19 for the first time it was at the boat races and it was in HIS pit area. So it's kind of shocking to hear him say he does not have a race boat as I've seen him trucking down the track more then once. Just look at his avatar. That's a classic pic.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/1503just_plain_nasty_1997_low_res-med.jpg
I think that pic has been altered to protect the innocent!!! :D

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
06-02-2005, 10:32 PM
Wow, I had to stop reading and get some popcorn! This is interesting to say the least. I guess I just have a boat that makes a huge roost:D I know I cant mess with you guys racing but I sure can have some fun,drink lots of beer, and see lots of ladies;) did I mention I can shoot a huge ass roost? :hammerhea

Cs19
06-02-2005, 11:26 PM
No question that this is the same spot. For those that have never been there this is Lake Ming. Lake Ming has a big ass sign clamming it's the HOME OF DRAGBOAT RACING!
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/customavatars/avatar4601_4.gif
I bet you would not have to look very hard to find the same view but with Eddie Hill running 220+ in The Texan. C'Mon, it just don't get better then that. Racing at Ming is one of the coolest things I've ever done in my entire life!
CS, you are a boat racer man. You are hooked on it and it's in your blood. Get over it as there is no cure.
John, I have an appointment that weekend with a boat guy, Im not about to get off that list, its a perfect weekend to get this done and still make Ming. Besides, I would never race on gurus money, not my stlye.I realize what it takes to run TE at IHBA after pitting for Roznos, Id get whooped on with what Ive got, but Ill be there one day, I promise you that.
SD, cool post! Yes its pretty bad, Ive got it scary bad.
My family is freakin out thinking im gonna get carried away, but I wont. Im havin fun with what Ive got.Last race I had 5 family members out crewing for me and believe me we are having fun and thats what its all about.
I agree the rope guard is lame at the river, heres the excuse..I had 2 broken DZUS tabs that weekend, and without the support from the guard, well Id look like John with Jm at Firebird.No scoop.Its since been fixed and the ropeguard is off, oh and Im peeling my dirt bike shop race numbers off cause one of the professional racers here told me to..Great way to promote the sport huh.pfft
Im in denial, but the sport is dying. I hate seeing it happen since its always been a part of my life. The bottomline is, these guys should be pushing us newbies, setting positive examples,etc. Not telling us to peel off your numbers and grab a clue.Shit, I pmed two guys tonight about RR, Im always on HBjet about it,I pushed that kid at Lost lake in the tunnel for about an hour, not to mention at work Im always recruiting possible racers.
There are guys at the races (racers,engine builders,pump guys,etc) that I have huge amounts of respect for that DO help me, and to be on the rope with,dragrace, pit with,etc. is pretty amazing to me after watching them for so long, Im having a blast doing it wether these haters like it or not. I bust my ass on my program, spend every dime on it but its all worth it even though I live off the 99 cent menu at Micky d's.I just cant wait for a few of my buddies to get back out there with me.
I do apologize for a couple things I said earlier in the thread,I was kinda outta line there.
Guru your internet BS does NOT phase me.
Jerry, Ill be at Moabi,all over needles,dam to dam in blythe,low blythe,sacramento delta and elsinore all summer. Was at the riv last weekend, races before that,river before that and river again this weekend.
Have another fun weekend on the internet.
Chris.

Cs19
06-02-2005, 11:56 PM
Everyone, I was just kidding... that Flat actually spanked me, but we thought it would be funny to come on here and say I beat him... :boxed:
HBjet :rollside:
Id throw money on hustler over that Flattie any day.

Rexone
06-02-2005, 11:59 PM
I have to compliment you guys, haven't seen this vdrive/jet drama level for quite some time. :smile:
I'll try to dig up some pics of my ol river boat and post em up. :messedup:

wsuwrhr
06-03-2005, 12:35 AM
, oh and Im peeling my dirt bike shop race numbers off cause one of the professional racers here told me to..Great way to promote the sport huh.pfft
Im in denial, but the sport is dying. I hate seeing it happen since its always been a part of my life. The bottomline is, these guys should be pushing us newbies, setting positive examples,etc. Not telling us to peel off your numbers and grab a clue.Shit, I pmed two guys tonight about RR, Im always on HBjet about it,I pushed that kid at Lost lake in the tunnel for about an hour, not to mention at work Im always recruiting possible racers.
There are guys at the races (racers,engine builders,pump guys,etc) that I have huge amounts of respect for that DO help me, and to be on the rope with,dragrace, pit with,etc. is pretty amazing to me after watching them for so long, Im having a blast doing it wether these haters like it or not. I bust my ass on my program, spend every dime on it but its all worth it even though I live off the 99 cent menu at Micky d's.I just cant wait for a few of my buddies to get back out there with me.
Chris.
A mortgage jacked me up. I wish the jet had been something else. I had NO idea what I was building. It was supposed to be the boat i have now.
When I bought the Hondo, I stated that it would be floating in Ming. I didn't get a very good response. The money is hard to spend for racing, but I do want to be there.
Chris, your boat runs hard, I saw it at FC1, i liked it.
I just wanted to let you know I will be at Ming.
Brian

wsuwrhr
06-03-2005, 12:42 AM
I have to compliment you guys, haven't seen this vdrive/jet drama level for quite some time. :smile:
I'll try to dig up some pics of my ol river boat and post em up. :messedup:
Yea poser.
Scared to run a real boat again?
Brian
just wondering

Jet Hydro
06-03-2005, 07:30 AM
CS19 Don't let Tony get under your skin. I heard all the same stuff from him about 3 years a go. I like yourself do all my own work from motor to fiberglass. Duane set`s up the pump and helps out testing and tuning but I have to do the up keep. I do all this work by "myself" so I take more pride in my ride then most people. If I`d have let Tony get to me I wouldn't be where I am now in Drag Boat Racing. I don't know why he`s always on the new guy`s ass? I guess he`s afraid one of us new guy`s might take some of his spot light. His favorite thing to say to the new guy is "You have done nothing in racing" When in fact he has no clue to what anyone has done.
Enjoy your runner up finishes as I know how much work they are to get. The classes I race in are some of the biggest classes so when I take a runner up I feel GOOD as I`m sure you do too.
Keep on keeping on and enjoy your ride!
P.S. Dont pull your numbers off!! Hell if you want some new one`s let me know, I`ll make em and give them to ya! :D

Jetboatguru
06-03-2005, 07:39 AM
John, I have an appointment that weekend with a boat guy, Im not about to get off that list, its a perfect weekend to get this done and still make Ming. Besides, I would never race on gurus money, not my stlye.I realize what it takes to run TE at IHBA after pitting for Roznos, Id get whooped on with what Ive got, but Ill be there one day, I promise you that.
SD, cool post! Yes its pretty bad, Ive got it scary bad.
My family is freakin out thinking im gonna get carried away, but I wont. Im havin fun with what Ive got.Last race I had 5 family members out crewing for me and believe me we are having fun and thats what its all about.
I agree the rope guard is lame at the river, heres the excuse..I had 2 broken DZUS tabs that weekend, and without the support from the guard, well Id look like John with Jm at Firebird.No scoop.Its since been fixed and the ropeguard is off, oh and Im peeling my dirt bike shop race numbers off cause one of the professional racers here told me to..Great way to promote the sport huh.pfft
I do apologize for a couple things I said earlier in the thread,I was kinda outta line there.
Jerry, Ill be at Moabi,all over needles,dam to dam in blythe,low blythe,sacramento delta and elsinore all summer. Was at the riv last weekend, races before that,river before that and river again this weekend.
Chris.
Whatever you say Chris.
Stop by when you are on the Delta. If what I say doesn't phase you, then why would you pull the numbers off the side of the scoop? Nice spin on the
"Great way to promote the sport huh.pfft"

V-DRIVE VIDEO
06-03-2005, 08:48 AM
Chris.
Thanks! I do deserve a break after being in Red Bluff last week from wednday to monday :D
and you have another fun week at work ;) ....
Jerry

*BN*
06-03-2005, 09:15 AM
Mine didn't sell, so when is the next trip to BR so I can pull all the lake towels water skiing? :eat: :hammerhea :2purples:

sofa king smooth
06-03-2005, 10:18 AM
Couldn't stay out of this. i have a house on the water in needles and i rarely see any flats. We would love to see some more up our way (about 3 miles north of the bridge) but bring some fast ones cause I do believe we might have something for ya. :p lol The only ones we see stab it for a second and let off. Thats not a shot, just callin it as i see it.
Like all kinds of river boats some don't get to excited over this post. :smile:

Jetboatguru
06-03-2005, 10:31 AM
CS19 Don't let Tony get under your skin. I heard all the same stuff from him about 3 years a go. I like yourself do all my own work from motor to fiberglass. Duane set`s up the pump and helps out testing and tuning but I have to do the up keep. I do all this work by "myself" so I take more pride in my ride then most people. If I`d have let Tony get to me I wouldn't be where I am now in Drag Boat Racing. I don't know why he`s always on the new guy`s ass? I guess he`s afraid one of us new guy`s might take some of his spot light. His favorite thing to say to the new guy is "You have done nothing in racing" When in fact he has no clue to what anyone has done.
Enjoy your runner up finishes as I know how much work they are to get. The classes I race in are some of the biggest classes so when I take a runner up I feel GOOD as I`m sure you do too.
Keep on keeping on and enjoy your ride!
P.S. Dont pull your numbers off!! Hell if you want some new one`s let me know, I`ll make em and give them to ya! :D
Steve, go back and read the thread . My point was not that he has done nothing, My point was who the hell is he or anyone for that fact, to tell people he is unimpressed by their boats? I just gave him back what he was dishing to people. As far as stealing the spotlight from me, I have no spotlight on me. I race to have fun with my friends. We have a great time in the pits whether we are racing or not. My pit is open to everyone. My parts are there for anyone even CS19 if he needed them. Don't blame me for where you are in Dragboat racing. It is not my fault.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
06-03-2005, 10:38 AM
Couldn't stay out of this. i have a house on the water in needles and i rarely see any flats. We would love to see some more up our way (about 3 miles north of the bridge) but bring some fast ones cause I do believe we might have something for ya. :p lol The only ones we see stab it for a second and let off. Thats not a shot, just callin it as i see it.
Like all kinds of river boats some don't get to excited over this post. :smile:
We're all scared of you :devil: .....both of us :notam:

*BN*
06-03-2005, 11:45 AM
Mine didn't sell, so when is the next trip to BR so I can pull all the lake towels water skiing? :eat: :hammerhea :2purples:
Oh also for fun, lets race. Since everything is a lake boat we can race from Big River to Water Wheel and back.
I'm sure Randy is in, any others?

Jet Hydro
06-03-2005, 11:48 AM
CS19,
My point was not that he has done nothing
CS19,
You have done nothing in racing and all you do is try to sound like a know it all
hummmmmmmm
Your right, it`s not your fault that I have taken my boat and made it to what it is now, I`ll take full credit for that! ( and a hella job I have done with it ) I have proven myself worthy of building and designing a boat that even you said couldn't be done. I was the one that came up with the Idea for lower entry fees for IHBA lake racer class 4 years a go. Don`t know how it worked out as IHBA pulled out on us but I know they posted it on their web site.
WHAT HAVE YOU DONE ?
I too, race to have fun with my friends as I`m sure most of us do.
Tony I just think you can come down pretty hard at time.

HBjet
06-03-2005, 01:15 PM
We're all scared of you.....both of us
Here is SKS's v-drive!
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/2485DSC03019.JPG
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/2485DSC03013.JPG
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/2485DSC03014.JPG
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/2485DSC03012.JPG
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/2485DSC03016.JPG
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/2485DSC03017.JPG
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/2485DSC03018.JPG
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/2485DSC03020.JPG
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/2485DSC03021.JPG
I can't wait to see his 18' CP finished :rollside:
HBjet

Nucking futs
06-03-2005, 01:31 PM
That boat right there is BAD ASS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!