PDA

View Full Version : Low Rider Trailer

Terrible Buddhist
06-04-2001, 07:42 AM
HELP! I moved the Terrible Buddhist to MA, and I can't get my boat up the drive way!!! I have a competition trailer...is there any way to raise it?

Havasu Hangin'
06-04-2001, 08:02 AM
What size rims & tires do you have?

rstover1
06-04-2001, 09:33 AM
Hey my trailer sits really low in the back too I bought a reciever and a 2 inch dropped hitch you can also add longer shackels to the leaf springs dont raise to much may cause trailer to be unstable.

Jetmugg
06-04-2001, 06:47 PM
Another possibility (although more expensive) is to check out Norther Hydraulics. They offer fairly reasonably priced replacement axles, some straight, some with drops.
Steve

froggystyle
06-05-2001, 01:02 PM
If your axles are over your springs, switching them to the bottom is a really easy, and cheap 2 1/2 inch lift. If you have brakes, you will need to switch the pads over too, but all in all, you will not change the geometry or the way it trailers, just the overall height. Just a thought.

SoggyJet
06-05-2001, 04:33 PM
If you can find a spring you can re-arch the springs for a resonable cost, raising up the trailer.
Doug
PS miss seeing you post on the RJB message board.

Terrible Buddhist
06-07-2001, 08:06 AM
I just bought a house...it has really sucked up my time as of late. I am working on a jet of a different sort...restoring a 1920's fountain that is in my back yard. I really need to get going on the boat though...I have to figure out something w. the carb...I need to have it boost referenced...or come up with something else.