PDA

View Full Version : Katherns landing line to launch...WOW!!

Cole
05-31-2005, 08:49 AM
Did anyone see the lines to launch?
It was wrapped around the mountains almost to the dam turnoff.
We left around 9:00pm Sat and the line to pick up was to the mountains as well !!!!

Rod-64
05-31-2005, 08:53 AM
I rather stay home and watch the grass grow than be in that crap! :D

rvrpig
05-31-2005, 08:53 AM
we left Gasoline Alley at 7pm and was off the water at 10pm. Three hours in line.....

Beer-30
05-31-2005, 09:31 AM
Yeah. Saturday was crazy! Friday we were on and off, no problem. We got out there Sunday at about 7:30. About a half hour to launch. Left at around 4, wasn't too bad except for the wind!

JetBoatRich
05-31-2005, 09:34 AM
we left Gasoline Alley at 7pm and was off the water at 10pm. Three hours in line.....
That sucks for everyone, poor person who has to get the tow vehicle and wait three hours in line :sqeyes: I guess floating around in the boat would not be as bad :notam:

OutCole'd
05-31-2005, 09:38 AM
I have never had luck there. It is always at least a 2+ hour wait.

rvrpig
05-31-2005, 09:39 AM
That sucks for everyone, poor person who has to get the tow vehicle and wait three hours in line :sqeyes: I guess floating around in the boat would not be as bad :notam:
ya but we kept him informed on the twoway radios...most every one in the boat was asleep or passed out....

Beer-30
05-31-2005, 09:42 AM
We didn't bring the radios :confused: . If there is alot of boats floating in the marina, my wife prefers to take the truck. Another friend of ours went with her most of the time, so she had someone to talk to. By the time we were getting ready to leave, I had 53 miles on the truck since we had got there on Thurs night. It was below a half tank from all the idling.

Sportin' Wood
05-31-2005, 11:24 AM
That damn KL launch line 15 miles long and all kinds of trouble up there. "Gangsters everywhere" Don't go there the wind never stops blowing and the LE is thick. Lets not forget the lake lice infestation. Oh yea people pee in the water and the rocks will shread your props. Did I mention the food sucks and the beer is warm at the bar. :crossx: :wink: Don't go there you will be DOOOOOMMMMMEEDDDDD! :skull:

Beer-30
05-31-2005, 11:39 AM
yup, out of control. My wife was a real trooper, though. All that idling time and long walks. We didn't have any people problems, though. Everyone seemed to be getting along. Just too many injuries, though. No wonder LE is cracking down!

AirtimeLavey
05-31-2005, 11:41 AM
Yeah. Saturday was crazy! Friday we were on and off, no problem. We got out there Sunday at about 7:30. About a half hour to launch. Left at around 4, wasn't too bad except for the wind!
Don't remember seeing you, but we musta been around the same times Sat. & Sun. Lines were crazy, we got there to launch 7:30/8 each day, and came out at 3:30/4 on Sun. Sat. stayed out past 5, and didn't get back to the hotel until 9! :2purples: The line when we left, was rediculous. Some people musta been there rrrreally late.

AirtimeLavey
05-31-2005, 11:43 AM
That damn KL launch line 15 miles long and all kinds of trouble up there. "Gangsters everywhere" Don't go there the wind never stops blowing and the LE is thick. Lets not forget the lake lice infestation. Oh yea people pee in the water and the rocks will shread your props. Did I mention the food sucks and the beer is warm at the bar. :crossx: :wink: Don't go there you will be DOOOOOMMMMMEEDDDDD! :skull:
LOL...yeah, that's right!!! It sucks!!! Hate it everytime I go...

Beer-30
05-31-2005, 11:45 AM
Don't remember seeing you, but we musta been around the same times Sat. & Sun. Lines were crazy, we got there to launch 7:30/8 each day, and came out at 3:30/4 on Sun. Sat. stayed out past 5, and didn't get back to the hotel until 9! :2purples: The line when we left, was rediculous. Some people musta been there rrrreally late.
Seeing your Avatar, I was behind you idling around the marina for awhile. I think it was Sat, we came off around the same time. I was aways back, though and I believe you trailered before me.

nodigg
05-31-2005, 11:45 AM
Ten minutes to launch and 15 minutes to retrieve the boat IN Havi......6 am launch......9 pm back on the trailer though...

AirtimeLavey
05-31-2005, 11:46 AM
Took me 15 minutes to put the boat in the slip, pack everything to take off and walk to my truck :)
Yeah, whatever.... :yuk: :D
You missed all the entertainment on the ramps.....

Beer-30
05-31-2005, 11:48 AM
Ten minutes to launch and 15 minutes to retrieve the boat IN Havi......6 am launch......9 pm back on the trailer though...
Amen. We learned. NO HOLIDAYS AT MOJAVE. Not enough ramps (with paved roads to them).
Speaking of Laveys. I believe this is ALCLs rig. For those who have not seen it in person, you are missing out. Absolutely stunning boat. Crossed paths with it a few times out in the chop. Beautiful.
http://members.cox.net/cc322/2750%20nuera.jpg

AirtimeLavey
05-31-2005, 11:51 AM
Seeing your Avatar, I was behind you idling around the marina for awhile. I think it was Sat, we came off around the same time. I was aways back, though and I believe you trailered before me.
Yeah, actually, looking at your sig., you were that bigger boat the kids were pointing out. Nice ride. We'll wave you guys down the next time....

Throttle
05-31-2005, 11:55 AM
darn, I am soo disappointed I did not get to sit and wait in those lines (?).

nodigg
05-31-2005, 11:57 AM
10A and 6:30P for me :) Might as well call you a BIACH...it has been a while....lol
Tom, I checked on an annual slip at the Marina, $1900/year and you may have to wait a few years.......What do they get at Katherines?

Beer-30
05-31-2005, 11:57 AM
Yeah, actually, looking at your sig., you were that bigger boat the kids were pointing out. Nice ride. We'll wave you guys down the next time....
Right back atcha! I'll have a plastic bottle C/L with your name on it.
Rough ride on Sunday, eh? I got to 45 and it just started to get on top. My crew whimped out, so backed it down to 30 and we were rocking around. Finally, coming past Gasoline Alley, I just pulled it down to 15 and we listened to music and had "cokes" all the way back.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
05-31-2005, 11:59 AM
I have never had luck there. It is always at least a 2+ hour wait.
Ditto!
I'm beginning to think people enjoy long lines and huge crowds...its not like most of those people don't know what to expect at that time of day on a 3 day weekend. :rolleyes:

MAINEVENT
05-31-2005, 12:05 PM
Took me 15 minutes to put the boat in the slip, pack everything to take off and walk to my truck :)
I think i saw your truck on fri was gonna leave a note but forgot :messedup:

AirtimeLavey
05-31-2005, 12:09 PM
Right back atcha! I'll have a plastic bottle C/L with your name on it.
Rough ride on Sunday, eh? I got to 45 and it just started to get on top. My crew whimped out, so backed it down to 30 and we were rocking around. Finally, coming past Gasoline Alley, I just pulled it down to 15 and we listened to music and had "cokes" all the way back.
lol...ditto on C/L.
Yeah, Sun. I wanted to get up on top, but had the kids, and others not so much into it, so I backed down. I just stepped up to this 25', after spending a few years in a 19' jet. Life is soooo much better now...Nice not taking mine and my family's life into our own hands when the chop comes. :2purples: Compared to that.... the ride Sun. was a bit rough, but a cake walk. :D :D

MAINEVENT
05-31-2005, 12:13 PM
I drove by the Tel Cove NV side twice looking for you. At least the red jet boat and never saw it. I was going to let you drive the boat you almost bought :)
DAMN now i wish we stayed :hammer2: Hey their alway op6c :idea: we ended up down at Park Moabi we tried mohave but the water was so high their was hardly any beaches so we said F it and headed south :D Sorry i missed you next time though :D

Squirtin Thunder
05-31-2005, 01:10 PM
DAMN now i wish we stayed :hammer2: Hey their alway op6c :idea: we ended up down at Park Moabi we tried mohave but the water was so high their was hardly any beaches so we said F it and headed south :D Sorry i missed you next time though :D
You were down at Park Moabi ??? We were there on Sunday !!!

Hallett19
05-31-2005, 01:20 PM
The wait at 11 am on Saturday looked like it would have been about 3 hours but only ended up being about 45 min. The line for the ramp was not too bad, but my g/f was driving and cut the line off then when we got to the bottom, convinced her friend to take her top off for the guy we cut infront of. The pickup line was over a mile long, so they did the same thing and had no problem..... smart girls :wink:

Squirtin Thunder
05-31-2005, 03:20 PM
The wait at 11 am on Saturday looked like it would have been about 3 hours but only ended up being about 45 min. The line for the ramp was not too bad, but my g/f was driving and cut the line off then when we got to the bottom, convinced her friend to take her top off for the guy we cut infront of. The pickup line was over a mile long, so they did the same thing and had no problem..... smart girls :wink:
It would have taken a little more for me to let them in, not much more just a little !!!! :D

desertbird
05-31-2005, 03:43 PM
The Holidays are great, but when the launch line at Telephone Cove grew to over 2 hours, what's the incentive for hitting the dirt?!?!?
We arrived at 9:00, didn't get on the water until after 11:00. It was more than 2 hours to get on and that long to get back off. Not to mention the A-Holes trying to cut line, or better yet, driving down the wrong side of the road.
We missed you, Beer-30. Try again next trip. After the ass-pounding all the way to Cottonwood for breakfast, we hid in a cove and talked about how bad it was going to be to get out!

Domn8er
05-31-2005, 04:57 PM
Friday was great. Saturday was crazy :2purples: :2purples: Got there by 7am and the line was already almost out to the toll booth. Didn't get off the water until 9:30pm. Sunday, didn't even want to attempt to see what it looked like there so drove down to Needles and launched there and drove down to the mini sandbar.

Beer-30
05-31-2005, 05:06 PM
The Holidays are great, but when the launch line at Telephone Cove grew to over 2 hours, what's the incentive for hitting the dirt?!?!?
We arrived at 9:00, didn't get on the water until after 11:00. It was more than 2 hours to get on and that long to get back off. Not to mention the A-Holes trying to cut line, or better yet, driving down the wrong side of the road.
We missed you, Beer-30. Try again next trip. After the ass-pounding all the way to Cottonwood for breakfast, we hid in a cove and talked about how bad it was going to be to get out!
No kidding. I wasn't taking mine down the dirt road anyhow. We just got out there early Sunday (about 8:30) and it wasn't bad. I went into Gas Alley twice, but it was pretty tight in there (for a 30). The wife got pretty nervous. Made it to the first set of jump rocks and flipped around.
We headed for Cottonwood a couple of times. Up on the second step, I was hitting about 56-57 with 8 people, full fuel, and two full ice chests. I had to trim back down to the first step, but we were cutting smoothly through all but the 4 footers. I had a few getting nervous, so we ix-neighed the dam run. Both Sat and Sun afternoon, the "Basin" was just nasty. I had forgot how bad Mojave gets.

sorry dog
05-31-2005, 07:57 PM
My local launch was busy too.
I think there was at least 3 other trucks in the parking lot. :D

Tom Brown
05-31-2005, 07:59 PM
My local launch was busy too.
I think there was at least 3 other trucks in the parking lot. :D
That's out of control.
http://www.CarlsonSpeed.com/~tombrown/QuickLink/sandyBeachRamp.jpg

Kilrtoy
05-31-2005, 08:01 PM
And you guys all did this WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY :hammer2: :hammer2: :hammer2: :hammer2:

Throttle
05-31-2005, 08:08 PM
And you guys all did this WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY :hammer2: :hammer2: :hammer2: :hammer2:
yea, what he said!

Domn8er
05-31-2005, 08:31 PM
I found my corner in GA and watched the show with Brenda, Domn8r and his crew and met RVRPIG in there. Busy but a pretty good weekend personally.
I agree. :D

Kilrtoy
05-31-2005, 09:16 PM
2 1/2 -3 hours to get off the water ? :argue: i would have told the wifey to make a dash to cottonwood and pulled out,and headed for home
See there you go letting out the secrets.... :boxingguy :boxingguy :boxingguy :lightsabe :messedup:

78Southwind
05-31-2005, 09:20 PM
Mohave Saturday and Topock Sunday for me ........now I remember why I like the river better than the lake. Did anyone get a picture of the 3 rental pontoon boats sinking in Gasoline Alley?

Scream
05-31-2005, 09:36 PM
Other than sabotage, what would cause one of those to go down.? :idea:

Waldo
06-01-2005, 08:11 AM
In general, how's launching and the slip situation on Friday mornings?

MONEYFURNOTHIN
06-01-2005, 08:30 AM
That new lavey2750 belongs to alan or aclc on the boards, yes it is a beautifull boat.

Beer-30
06-01-2005, 08:33 AM
Other than sabotage, what would cause one of those to go down.? :idea:
Probably bumping the pontoons into those sharp rocks. Rental = no experience. I didn't see it, though. I saw the rentals in there, but we didn't stay long.

desertbird
06-01-2005, 11:53 AM
No kidding. I wasn't taking mine down the dirt road anyhow. We just got out there early Sunday (about 8:30) and it wasn't bad. I went into Gas Alley twice, but it was pretty tight in there (for a 30). The wife got pretty nervous. Made it to the first set of jump rocks and flipped around.
We headed for Cottonwood a couple of times. Up on the second step, I was hitting about 56-57 with 8 people, full fuel, and two full ice chests. I had to trim back down to the first step, but we were cutting smoothly through all but the 4 footers. I had a few getting nervous, so we ix-neighed the dam run. Both Sat and Sun afternoon, the "Basin" was just nasty. I had forgot how bad Mojave gets.
My Lavey is a Tunnel Vee. I could get on top and the ride wasn't too bad, but the wifey was squealin' so then I'd back down. Try to keep enough throttle so I could be on partial plane, but every backside of the swell would kill the speed and then the comin' down the front would put the bow through the next. We took on SOOO much water after 2 bow-busters that I just powered back and bogged her all the way in with the nose in the air. Any other speed would take the prop out of the water on the back of the swell. Mind you the boat is still 23 feet long. Had we been in the 'ol 18 foot O/B we would have drowned for sure!!!!!!!

Tom Brown
06-01-2005, 12:03 PM
Probably bumping the pontoons into those sharp rocks. Rental = no experience. I didn't see it, though. I saw the rentals in there, but we didn't stay long.
I would think it would take one hell of a rock strike to puncture a pontoon.

HCS
06-01-2005, 12:06 PM
Or a rock head! :220v:

Beer-30
06-01-2005, 01:33 PM
Well, sure it would, but look at who rents those things. Accidental full throttle into one of those jagged rock walls would do it.

Beer-30
06-01-2005, 01:36 PM
My Lavey is a Tunnel Vee. I could get on top and the ride wasn't too bad, but the wifey was squealin' so then I'd back down. Try to keep enough throttle so I could be on partial plane, but every backside of the swell would kill the speed and then the comin' down the front would put the bow through the next. We took on SOOO much water after 2 bow-busters that I just powered back and bogged her all the way in with the nose in the air. Any other speed would take the prop out of the water on the back of the swell. Mind you the boat is still 23 feet long. Had we been in the 'ol 18 foot O/B we would have drowned for sure!!!!!!!
Yeah, my wifey was screamin' too. Down at 10-15 with the bow high, the wind blew just a mist of spray over one side or the other. Maybe twice or three times. Didn't take on any water, though. Pretty high freeboard.

78Southwind
06-01-2005, 08:21 PM
I didn't see that. I was in the very back though.
They didn't actually sink but when I came in there was at least 20 per pontoon boat. The first boat had the pontoons all the way under the water. Looked like fun.... reminded me of a calm day at Copper Canyon. :D

Tom Foolery
06-01-2005, 08:35 PM
We camped out on the lake but I had to go and pick up & drop off the in-laws at the marina each day. Saturday looked like a nightmare. I dropped them off at a little after 9 & the headlights were backed up to the toll both. Sunday was pretty quiet for a holiday weekend, I'm not sure if it was the wind or if people were just fed up from the line on saturday.

river chaser
06-01-2005, 09:45 PM
Been there done that, it's a pain waiting in line :supp: Waited one time 2 hours to pick up the boat on a holiday weekend, for that I stopped going and stayed either in havi or parker... less lines, more time on the water :D