PDA

View Full Version : Boaters Courtesy.

dmontzsta
05-31-2005, 09:33 AM
We were out at Elsinore yesterday. The first trip out in the morning was great, boat ran strong after staying up until midnight the night before rebuilding the top half, but right at the no wake zone going in to the cove, the boat stalls. The batteries were dead, seems all the stereo play just drained them down and from Cranes to the Cove wasnt enough to charge them (not to mention the stereo was full blast from Cranes to the Cove).
So, we are sitting there waiting for someone to pass, we see a whacker (I know this boat and saw him again, I will remember this boat and so will my dad). We ask "Hey, can you give us a tow to Cranes?" He acts as if he doesnt hear us, when he is 10' away. So I yell it once or twice more and finally he says "I need a soda" and continues in to the cove, I ask again and he says "I cant go that far". My son is crying cause he wants to go home and is a little scared. Me and my dad looked at eachother in shock, like "WTF is up with this guy". For all he knew we could have been taking on water or something. You dont just turn your back and drive away like that. About 1 hour later, what do we see? We are sitting on the beach and that boat was in front of cranes cruising along having a good ole time.
This just pisses me off, I dont know if it is anyone from the boards, but boaters with this attitude should not be on the water. If someone is in need, you must help them or atleast see what the deal is, especially if they are flagging you down. My dad ended up towing a guy and his daughter from in front of cranes all the way around the lake and to the city ramp shortly after this, he did not turn his back and say "I cant go that far".
I remember this boat and if it is out there again broken down, I will be sure to pass it up, I hate to act like that, but karma is a bioch. We usually cruise in packs of 2-3 boats too, but this time it was solo. I will be sure that from 1-3 or even sometimes 4 and 5 DO NOT stop for this boat, after all, we cant go that far and need a soda.

WYRD
05-31-2005, 09:40 AM
That sucks bro............I would of stopped and helped for sure..........It is just the way my Dad raised me on the water :D Sheit if nothing else I would of keep you company and drank a cold one while we looked like we knew what we were doing :D

tamalewagon
05-31-2005, 09:46 AM
that sucks Don. Dude must have been a complete chump not to help a fellow boater out in time of need.

lucky
05-31-2005, 09:54 AM
We were out at Elsinore yesterday. The first trip out in the morning was great, boat ran strong after staying up until midnight the night before rebuilding the top half, but right at the no wake zone going in to the cove, the boat stalls. The batteries were dead, seems all the stereo play just drained them down and from Cranes to the Cove wasnt enough to charge them (not to mention the stereo was full blast from Cranes to the Cove).
So, we are sitting there waiting for someone to pass, we see a whacker (I know this boat and saw him again, I will remember this boat and so will my dad). We ask "Hey, can you give us a tow to Cranes?" He acts as if he doesnt hear us, when he is 10' away. So I yell it once or twice more and finally he says "I need a soda" and continues in to the cove, I ask again and he says "I cant go that far". My son is crying cause he wants to go home and is a little scared. Me and my dad looked at eachother in shock, like "WTF is up with this guy". For all he knew we could have been taking on water or something. You dont just turn your back and drive away like that. About 1 hour later, what do we see? We are sitting on the beach and that boat was in front of cranes cruising along having a good ole time.
This just pisses me off, I dont know if it is anyone from the boards, but boaters with this attitude should not be on the water. If someone is in need, you must help them or atleast see what the deal is, especially if they are flagging you down. My dad ended up towing a guy and his daughter from in front of cranes all the way around the lake and to the city ramp shortly after this, he did not turn his back and say "I cant go that far".
I remember this boat and if it is out there again broken down, I will be sure to pass it up, I hate to act like that, but karma is a bioch. We usually cruise in packs of 2-3 boats too, but this time it was solo. I will be sure that from 1-3 or even sometimes 4 and 5 DO NOT stop for this boat, after all, we cant go that far and need a soda.
see what a happens when you cap on hansen -- words out on you don-- don't **** with the wackers :idea: lmoa sry to heare you ran into a dick

Wally_Gator
05-31-2005, 10:06 AM
Almost every time out I tow someone in. Sunday we pulled a boat in that blew a freeze plug. Towed him from the cove to the sea monster in the chop.
These guys on the boat were having too much fun to even notice that the water was still coming in.
Offered the tow for free, yet they insisted on handing a couple of beers our way. Couldn't turn that one down...

dmontzsta
05-31-2005, 10:10 AM
WYRD: We need more people like you out there.
tamalewagon: yeah, chump is the word, although at the time we had some better one for him.
lucky: If the words out then its war on all outboards I see :) j/p I am sure there has to be some decent ones out there.
Wally: Thats what its all about.

a catered life
05-31-2005, 11:45 AM
:cry: why are these people allowed to breath!!!!dam sorry to hear the bad news but as i learned there are butholes born everyday :yuk: i always help my fellow boater on land or the water

Mrs. Bordsmnj
05-31-2005, 11:50 AM
Which wacker was it? Colors, make, etc??
Sorry you had to experience bad boaters. I am sure he will get his.
:wink:

dmontzsta
05-31-2005, 12:38 PM
Which wacker was it? Colors, make, etc??
Sorry you had to experience bad boaters. I am sure he will get his.
:wink:
It was yellow and white from what I saw, the motor read "stoker 225"

Squirtin Thunder
05-31-2005, 12:40 PM
Don,
Paint us a picture of this wacker please !!! It sounds like he or they are in need of an accidental roosting !!!
Thanks
Jim

460 jus getn it
05-31-2005, 12:57 PM
Don,
Paint us a picture of this wacker please !!! It sounds like he or they are in need of an accidental roosting !!!
Thanks
Jim
yes they are. i have pulled in two boats now and i would neve think of tells a fellow boater no. on sat i got pulled in by a poontoon boat, they didnt even think to tell me no.hell they even threw me and 396 some beer and said enjoy the ride. the boating community is the tightest around and those asshole that give us a bad name. as for the roost someone needs to give it to him hard.........

bordsmnj
05-31-2005, 01:22 PM
was there any blue and red on that stoker? i see one there all the time that is blue down low then red(just a little) then yellow high around the driver and maybe white on top?? thats petty weak of him. BUT if i got the wrong boat that would be WEAK OF ME to jump to conclusions......
mine's blue gray black white by the way-wasn't me. i woulda towed yuh.i've been known to ignore a see doo or two in my time though-in a bad mood. :D

dmontzsta
05-31-2005, 01:30 PM
Jim: Trying to paint the pic now. :D That would be funny to see.
460: You got that right. That is awesome.
Bordsmnj: It might have, I just saw mostly white and yellow, since it sits low in the water and my dads is a 21' so we were up high.

bordsmnj
05-31-2005, 01:33 PM
...come to think of it thats kinda elsinore sometimes. i had two wake board boats pass me by the other day some how they didn't see me with my engine hatch open the bright orange flag waving and me being one of like three boats on the lake that day,i was hard to miss. one guy passed me twice! luckilly the wind was calm and i didn't end up in the bushes on the far side of the lake three seadoos past me two looking the opposite dirrection for 300 yards and one lokked at me and just kept going. finally this guy came from half way across the lake that was out there testing in his little trihull and towed me all the way back to elsinore west and wouldn't take gas cash. locals that saved my ass.real boaters. i managed to get back out on the lake later that afternoon and saw dick in the wake board boat as i was taking her up to cruising speed. they all waved hi?!?! i waved hi back......with one finger :cool:
but anyway elsinore just seems to have alot of folks that are totaly new and don't get it yet or are just plain assholes. still a few good ones out there though luckily

CrazyHippy
05-31-2005, 01:42 PM
Dmon,
I wouldn't have pulled you in either :p . My boat loads up when ideling for extended periods of time. I would have made sure to let you know and then gone to get you some help though. Never leave a boater stranded.
BJH :boxed:

Mrs. Bordsmnj
05-31-2005, 01:49 PM
mine's blue gray black white by the way-wasn't me. i woulda towed yuh.
Besides Honey, we don't have a wacka! :D And its MY boat!!!! :p

lucky
05-31-2005, 01:52 PM
i would have towe you , but mine never makes it off the trailer :2purples:

bordsmnj
05-31-2005, 01:53 PM
well,if yuh hury home honey you can help me polish YOUR motor, lol :idea: :cool:

Havasu Hangin'
05-31-2005, 01:58 PM
Typical wacka idiots. Were you suprised? :messedup:
I would have towed you. Hell...I probably could have got you up on plane...
:D

abraman1326
05-31-2005, 02:01 PM
I feel for you. I am so the kind of guy that tows anyone in need. I stop on land for a accident, and on water for a fellow boater. I'm feeling for you b/c on Berryessa on Sat, I even had 2 friends pass me by and not render aide. "Oh, I thought you were just loungin." Sheit, I'm standing up flaggin folks. Thank god for that 21-23 mini day cruiser. If he's on the boards, A big thank you comes his way, and next time on the water, you got a few beers coming your way. Sorry to hear you had a tough day. Not to be judgemental, but I always keep a jump pack onboard just in case. The stereo take a lot of juice...
BRA

HM
05-31-2005, 02:28 PM
Dmon,
I wouldn't have pulled you in either :p . My boat loads up when ideling for extended periods of time. I would have made sure to let you know and then gone to get you some help though. Never leave a boater stranded.
BJH :boxed:
I got towed in by a whacka guy that toasted his motor. Him and I were the only ones on the lake - and he didn't want to do it with his racing outboard motor because it did not cooperate with him under 2000 RPM and loaded up - but he did it any way as it was almost dark. Right when we got to elsinore marina, his wacka threw a rod. I actually offered to help pay in some way or form and he refused...he just laughed and said...."Just a good reason to rebuild it again" a true ***boater!! LOL
I beleive it is illegal to not help a boat in distress. If you want to get even with the people who don't stop, get their CF's if you can with a description and report them. I don't know what happenss for minor things like needing a tow, but they can be held liable if damage, injuries, and even death resulting after they refuse to help.
These guys that won't help a fellow boater are typically the guys who leave trash on the beach and etc. They are scum and hopefully no one will be hurt because of their inactions. I have a friend who used to not help anyone and I laid into him - and now he helps everyone fearing I might find out he didn't help someone.
When ever I see an engine hatch up, even if they are not flagging me down, I will go check to see if they are o.k. I have ended up towing a few people that hadn't had to flag anyone as they had just started looking at why their boat stopped running. I actually towed someone from Cottonwood Bay to Katherines Landing - I wouldn't take any gas money.
Hey, if you ever get standed, call me. I can be in the water in about 30 minutes from my house. I understand what it means to be stranded. I blew the engine on my flatty and got stuck on the east side of the lake and ended up trying to hold it off of the beach in about 3 ft of wind chop, and the water was 55 degrees!!

HM
05-31-2005, 02:33 PM
Hey, do you have a picture of your new boat? I know you guys are out there quite a bit just like me.

bordsmnj
05-31-2005, 02:50 PM
Hey, do you have a picture of your new boat? I know you guys are out there quite a bit just like me.
look familiar?
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/130cove1-med.jpg
we just missed meeting yuh.river bound was going to introduce us but we couldn't see yuh anywhere just your boat. had i zoomed out in that pic your boat would have appeared in the bottom right corner if the time of day was right. next time though. -jas

Mrs. Bordsmnj
05-31-2005, 02:55 PM
Dang, I gots me a purty boat! :D

dmontzsta
05-31-2005, 02:57 PM
The boat that towed me was not that kind. :D It was a TRUE outboard with STOKER 225 on the motor.
Nice looking boat...did you already sell the old one?
Why is it the women always want to claim it, but never do the work. :idea: j/p Linda, but...I am not playing with my Mrs. :sleeping: :supp:

bordsmnj
05-31-2005, 03:04 PM
oh,lindas got her work cut out for her. polishing the crome,polishing the pipes,and not just hafassed but all the ins and outs and cracks and crevices, :p some buffing on this a little wash down and that...... :D
had to sell the old one to get the new one.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
05-31-2005, 03:11 PM
polishing the pipe.
:eek: :wink: :) :p

HM
05-31-2005, 03:39 PM
look familiar?
we just missed meeting yuh.river bound was going to introduce us but we couldn't see yuh anywhere just your boat. had i zoomed out in that pic your boat would have appeared in the bottom right corner if the time of day was right. next time though. -jas
Yep, I was right next to you. I was cruising with my 2 boys on the point (2 and 4). They both had buzz haircuts. And then we swam for a while next to the White outboard with the APBA sticker. There were a couple of kids from your group that came over and played with my kids for a little bit. I had the kids by myself as the wife was at home with our 2 month old. We were doing a little boys trip bonding.
Next time I will at a minimum say hi!
Oh, and your boat looks really great....pictures don't do it justice!!!

dmontzsta
05-31-2005, 03:41 PM
Yep, I was right next to you. I was cruising with my 2 boys on the point (2 and 4). They both had buzz haircuts. And then we swam for a while next to the White outboard with the APBA sticker. There were a couple of kids from your group that came over and played with my kids for a little bit. I had the kids by myself as the wife was at home with our 2 month old. We were doing a little boys trip bonding.
Hey Frank, your campbell is not a jet right? cause I saw a boat just like yours in front of us, but it was a jet.

HM
05-31-2005, 03:48 PM
Hey Frank, your campbell is not a jet right? cause I saw a boat just like yours in front of us, but it was a jet.
I am gonna kick you in the junk for that, but I will still tow you in. :D I was not out there on monday.
I also have a white bimini with two orange stripes - and the name is freshly painted on the back.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/290DCP_2508-med.JPG
And you will notice no jet in that picture. :coffeycup

Mrs_Wally_Gator
05-31-2005, 04:09 PM
That was probably my kids.. Thomas and James, James was in the black and yellow life jacket..
Mr Wally Gator posting...

dmontzsta
05-31-2005, 04:35 PM
I am gonna kick you in the junk for that, but I will still tow you in. :D I was not out there on monday.
I also have a white bimini with two orange stripes - and the name is freshly painted on the back.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/290DCP_2508-med.JPG
And you will notice no jet in that picture. :coffeycup
What are those two hoses? arent they for a jet pump? j/p I know they are for the water pick up. We were out there and ntwotrance said "isnt that holymoly? that is" and you were just taking off, I thought to myself "it looks like his boat but I am 90% sure it is a V-Drive" What is that thing powered by anyways?

Ntwotrance
05-31-2005, 05:00 PM
What are those two hoses? arent they for a jet pump? j/p I know they are for the water pick up. We were out there and ntwotrance said "isnt that holymoly? that is" and you were just taking off, I thought to myself "it looks like his boat but I am 90% sure it is a V-Drive" What is that thing powered by anyways?
hell Don, your dads music was causing me serious distress (j/k) and the boat was at an angle ..but it did look like yours Frank, I kept asking Don if it was you, but the boat was to far ahead to get a good look.

dmontzsta
05-31-2005, 06:12 PM
hell Don, your dads music was causing me serious distress (j/k) and the boat was at an angle ..but it did look like yours Frank, I kept asking Don if it was you, but the boat was to far ahead to get a good look.
That and his balls out attempt to commit suicide through pacific ocean chop. :eek:

HM
05-31-2005, 06:22 PM
What is that thing powered by anyways?
It has a n/a 502. 11:1 compression. It did make 630 hp when fresh, but it is getting tired. Still runs strong, just isn't pullin the RPM like it used to. Runs in the low 60's. Ntwotrance got a joy ride at one of the Irvine lake delios - I think we were hitting 61 or 62 (GPS).

Ntwotrance
05-31-2005, 06:23 PM
It has a n/a 502. 11:1 compression. It did make 630 hp when fresh, but it is getting tired. Still runs strong, just isn't pullin the RPM like it used to. Runs in the low 60's. Ntwotrance got a joy ride at one of the Irvine lake delios - I think we were hitting 61 or 62 (GPS).
Frank let me take the helm, got it to 62, sweet ass ride

Ntwotrance
05-31-2005, 06:24 PM
That and his balls out attempt to commit suicide through pacific ocean chop. :eek:
I swear I flew out of my seat at least 3 times, had to keep checkin the rest of you to make sure everyone was still accounted for :jawdrop:

chrissy
05-31-2005, 08:10 PM
That's why we don't go solo anymore when we go to the lake. Had that happen way to often LOL. It's not getting any better either. On Sunday when they closed the ramps down on Lake Pleasent my brother had to launch at the marina. He got into the water and shut the boat off while waiting for his g/f to walk back down. Boat wouldn't restart. :confused: So my other brother heads in there to see what is wrong and docks his boat to bring some tools over and promptly is cussed at b/c his boat "is in the way" Some guy & girls with a wakeboard boat of course.So they towed the boat out of the way but it pretty much didn't stop there. They had to go get the truck and load it back up and that's when My brother thought it was going to get physical with these jackasses, b/c they went in front of the line(marina cop told him to) just to get the boat out of there. :angry2:

77charger
05-31-2005, 08:17 PM
On our way up river towards waterwheel we towed a boat for about 3/4 mile upriver with a pontoon boat.Guy ran out of gas flagged us down.
We have all been there before just returning the favor as we are sure we will need a tow someday again

moneysucker
05-31-2005, 09:58 PM
I wouldn't have towed you but would have stopped and pulled out my battery for you to start your boat. The only place I have to tow from is my calgo steering arm and I have extreme limitations on who I will risk tearing the pump out of my boat for. I do always stop and usually have the tools needed to make a repair, otherwise I will get the ranget to tow you in. Your experience definately sucker though. Well, I have to go get a soda, See ya. lol
Cy

Kindsvater Flat
05-31-2005, 11:18 PM
One time when my old boat broke down the sherriff passed by us. We were waving and trying to flag him down...... he waved and kept going. Luckily he had to come back by and did tow us back in. He was an old dude, maybe a retired part timer, and thought we were just waving at him.

Wonderboy
05-31-2005, 11:34 PM
:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :supp: