PDA

View Full Version : New LE attitude in Havi!

nodigg
05-31-2005, 09:38 AM
The LE was out in force but we had nothing but GOOD contact with them. Took photos for us in Copper Canyon, gave us key floaties and frisbies. Told us to "ahve a good time". WTF is up? Must be getting some feed back on job security and who pays the wages???

Biglue
05-31-2005, 09:47 AM
One deputy even smiled at us as we passed them in the chanel. I thought it was kind of wierd, but it's better than them having a shitty attitude towards the people and job.

Ziggy
05-31-2005, 09:53 AM
Its called good PR-----------they're just softening you up before they crack down :p :p
It happens, they are people like us, just a different job that can interfere with our fun times, if you cross the line that is.

JetBoatRich
05-31-2005, 09:53 AM
The LE was out in force but we had nothing but GOOD contact with them. Took photos for us in Copper Canyon, gave us key floaties and frisbies. Told us to "ahve a good time". WTF is up? Must be getting some feed back on job security and who pays the wages???
Maybe they were avoiding trash detail :jawdrop:

nodigg
05-31-2005, 10:04 AM
Just seemed like a whole different kind of patrol going on to me from previous contacts

WYRD
05-31-2005, 10:12 AM
Good to hear of positive interaction with LE :cool:

Tom Brown
05-31-2005, 10:18 AM
If I were granted one wish, it would be for people to respect each other more.
Police shouldn't have to give out lollipops. Members should respect civilians. Civilians should respect members. That should be the default until there is cause for disrespect.

topless
05-31-2005, 10:24 AM
If I were granted one wish, it would be for people to respect each other more.
Police shouldn't have to give out lollipops. Members should respect civilians. Civilians should respect members. That should be the default until there is cause for disrespect.I respect your member. :cool:

WYRD
05-31-2005, 10:37 AM
I respect your member. :cool:
:jawdrop: :D :D :D

SummitKarl
05-31-2005, 10:46 AM
The streets in Havi were free of all but about 2 patrol cars the rest were assigned to the lake, I work with LHC on a daily bassis and for the most part Havasu LE is very easy going, how many places still let you lic. a quad on the road? They take part in the car shows I put on, and in general actualy are good people, "something I am not use to from San Diego LE", from the inside info I am privy to, here are a few things you all can do to help keep Havasu a place you want to come.
1) the noise level echo's through the whole valley, so the new noise level restrictions are actually a good thing, you might actually hear something going wrong with your engine before it lets go!!!!, for those of you who don't understand exhaust systems (a little back pressure is a real good thing)
2) when leaving a no-wake zone do not hammer the gas - that surely will get you a noise ticket and a unplannned visit to our Judge.
3) when parked in the Channel TURN YOUR ENGINE OFF!!!!!!!!! if you need music that bad bring a spare Battery or Two.
4) if your lucky enough to have (2) engines in you boat, PLEASE!!!!! use only one of them while navigating the channel, I love the smell of av-gas and 110 oct but there is such thing as too much of a good thing.
5) PLEASE!!!!!!! make sure your Captian is SOBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
6) absolutely no glass containers in the channel
and a BIG THANKYOU to all of you that used trash bags this last weekend

nodigg
05-31-2005, 10:53 AM
The streets in Havi were free of all but about 2 patrol cars the rest were assigned to the lake, I work with LHC on a daily bassis and for the most part Havasu LE is very easy going, how many places still let you lic. a quad on the road? They take part in the car shows I put on, and in general actualy are good people, "something I am not use to from San Diego LE", from the inside info I am privy to, here are a few things you all can do to help keep Havasu a place you want to come.
1) the noise level echo's through the whole valley, so the new noise level restrictions are actually a good thing, you might actually hear something going wrong with your engine before it lets go!!!!, for those of you who don't understand exhaust systems (a little back pressure is a real good thing)
2) when leaving a no-wake zone do not hammer the gas - that surely will get you a noise ticket and a unplannned visit to our Judge.
3) when parked in the Channel TURN YOUR ENGINE OFF!!!!!!!!! if you need music that bad bring a spare Battery or Two.
4) if your lucky enough to have (2) engines in you boat, PLEASE!!!!! use only one of them while navigating the channel, I love the smell of av-gas and 110 oct but there is such thing as too much of a good thing.
On the noise thing. I am already enjoying the lessor number of loud thru hull in the channel and particularly at the ramps. I love the sound too, but some times it is just too much!

TheEduKATor
05-31-2005, 11:01 AM
They've always been good to us. Last year in copper canyon a female officer on a sea doo kept stopping by every now and then and asking if we were fine. Later in the day you could tell she was suffering from the heat beating down on her so we gave her and another officer some ice cold beverages. They hung around with us for a while and good thing they did. Later that day our boat broke down and had to be towed out. They contacted the tow company because my phone didn't get reception. This one officer went through the entire crowd on a saturday memorial weekend and made a double wide lane between all the boats to get us out without a scratch. We were all the way in the back of the canyon too.

little rowe boat
05-31-2005, 11:11 AM
I have never had a bad experience with the LE in Havasu,they have always been friendly,professional and courteous.I feel they do a great job out there.

shueman
05-31-2005, 02:55 PM
I have never had a bad experience with the LE in Havasu,they have always been friendly,professional and courteous.I feel they do a great job out there.
Ditto....

2sand2
05-31-2005, 03:01 PM
Maybe they were avoiding trash detail :jawdrop:
some one wasn't by the looks of pics I have seen from the no parking zones...

Biglue
05-31-2005, 03:20 PM
I am sure they really just wanted to know why someone would paint their boat Home Depot Orange :)
Are you talking about the confederate themed boat?

Huckleberry
05-31-2005, 07:18 PM
Most of the guys I work with are very cool to folks. Most will smile at good peope out having fun, and give those who need closer scrutiny the hard stare. Believe it or not, they're probably boaters much like you and wish they were out enjoying a day on the water instead of working. Glad to hear they were cool to ya! Now about that trash in the channel...

mattydoogen
05-31-2005, 07:22 PM
Well put, common sense i say!

mattydoogen
05-31-2005, 07:23 PM
Most of the guys I work with are very cool to folks. Most will smile at good peope out having fun, and give those who need closer scrutiny the hard stare. Believe it or not, they're probably boaters much like you and wish they were out enjoying a day on the water instead of working. Glad to hear they were cool to ya! Now about that trash in the channel...
there's a reason we live here... it's not for the money.... :)

6 Dollar Boat
05-31-2005, 07:25 PM
Me Too...

ClownRoyal
05-31-2005, 07:34 PM
You may as well go to a rock concert and try to get the people to clean up their trash. It ain't gonna happen. Way too many drunk people and not enough LE's to devote their time to it. Not saying they should but they have their hands too full as it is. I was in the mix both Sat and Sun and I would not want to be a cop about then. Telling people to pick up their trash was not a high priorty when you have drunks and gang-bangers mixing. Did anyone else notice alot of the same headbands being displayed on several boats and PWC's?
There is going to be trash when you get this many people partying in one area. I jogged thru the channel on Sun and Mon mornings and for the most part the beer cans were gone. Only disgusting thing I saw was in front of Komomos...
Didn't think I would say this but the LHC LE did a great job this weekend. Hats off to them! :cool:

SummitKarl
05-31-2005, 08:37 PM
there's a reason we live here... it's not for the money.... :)
we live here for heat :supp: not to mention laughing at all those that have to have 30' or better boats to get out on the weekends, while we get to enjoy the calm/warm water all week, and front row parking at the launch ramps.