PDA

View Full Version : HTM Owners

PlayTime
11-04-2002, 03:38 PM
I have a buddy that has a cheetah 24' stiletto. He is always bagging and trying to convince me not to buy one. He keeps pushing me towards a cheetah. I would really appreciate some of the HTM owners to let me know how they like there boats. Do they really ride worse then a cheetah?

Skaterfast
11-04-2002, 04:04 PM
Your not comparing apples to apples.HTM is a far superior boat than Cheetah.

PARTYHAWK
11-04-2002, 05:08 PM
Being only one of a very few HTM SR24 owners in Kansas all I can say is that I am very pleased with the performance and ride I get with mine. MY next boat will be a skater. Just did not have quite enough money when I bought my HTM back in 99. Up graded the motor to a 540cc,aluminum eldebrock heads for West Coast Cylinder Heads Inc.,dual 730 blower carbs fron holley and a B&M megablower. Would not have spent this money if I did not like the HTM SR24. THANKS PARTYHAWK

Tom Slick
11-04-2002, 05:26 PM
HTM's are awsome boats! Are you looking into buying new or used? What kind of power are you looking for? Are you looking for an SS-24 or an SR-24?

JLaughreySS24
11-04-2002, 07:35 PM
Ive had both boats! The SR-24 and currently the SS-24. They both ride bitchen for a 24ft boat. I like my SS better cause its a little more sporty looking over the SR. Steve up at HTM got me hooked on the SS. Took one ride in it and love it. I miss those guys alot!!!!
[ November 04, 2002, 07:36 PM: Message edited by: JLaughreySS24 ]

rude235
11-04-2002, 08:33 PM
if you want to compare boats to his cheetah you need to compare it to boats like the stoker sst, eliminator edge, lavey craft sebring etc. his cheetah isn't the same type of boat as an htm (or any tunnel for that matter).

HavasuDreamin'
11-05-2002, 06:56 AM
rude235:
if you want to compare boats to his cheetah you need to compare it to boats like the stoker sst, eliminator edge, lavey craft sebring etc. his cheetah isn't the same type of boat as an htm (or any tunnel for that matter).This is a little contradicting. First, to compare a Cheetah to an Eliminator, Stoker, or Lavey is comparing apples to oranges. Cheetah's are good starter boats, but no where near the quality of any of the above mentioned manufactures. IMHO, HTM falls in-line with the above mentioned as well, making the HTM a superior boat to the Cheetah.
If you want a QUALITY custom, I would say you are on track with HTM. If you want a starter tunnel boat, Cheetah's will do you just fine. As I am sure you know, there will be a price difference, but you get what you pay for! Good Luck!

Sandbar Mike
11-05-2002, 07:45 AM
HavasuDreamin':
rude235:
if you want to compare boats to his cheetah you need to compare it to boats like the stoker sst, eliminator edge, lavey craft sebring etc. his cheetah isn't the same type of boat as an htm (or any tunnel for that matter).This is a little contradicting. First, to compare a Cheetah to an Eliminator, Stoker, or Lavey is comparing apples to oranges. Cheetah's are good starter boats, but no where near the quality of any of the above mentioned manufactures. IMHO, HTM falls in-line with the above mentioned as well, making the HTM a superior boat to the Cheetah.
If you want a QUALITY custom, I would say you are on track with HTM. If you want a starter tunnel boat, Cheetah's will do you just fine. As I am sure you know, there will be a price difference, but you get what you pay for! Good Luck!Hey HD, I can't agree with you more, but those dam HTM's look like floating shoe boxes. :D

HavasuDreamin'
11-05-2002, 07:52 AM
Sandbar Mike:
Hey HD, I can't agree with you more, but those dam HTM's look like floating shoe boxes. D [/QB]I agree with you! They run like a bat out of hell, but I never cared for the looks of them. I would go with more traditional styling myself!
How has your cat hunt treated you? Made any decisions?

Skaterfast
11-05-2002, 11:31 AM
Hey HD those would have been my exact words.

Sandbar Mike
11-05-2002, 12:36 PM
HavasuDreamin':
Sandbar Mike:
Hey HD, I can't agree with you more, but those dam HTM's look like floating shoe boxes. D I agree with you! They run like a bat out of hell, but I never cared for the looks of them. I would go with more traditional styling myself!
How has your cat hunt treated you? Made any decisions?[/QB]I'm going to give it till March, I'd hate to have (2) boats on my hands, and sooo would the wife :( .
Still vearing tward Force 29, but keeping my options open.
Besides driving myself crazy in the meantime.
You have an Eliminator Daytona don't you?
I'm curious how the 25's do in the chop.
Mike

HavasuDreamin'
11-05-2002, 12:52 PM
Sandbar Mike:
I'm going to give it till March, I'd hate to have (2) boats on my hands, and sooo would the wife ( .
Still vearing tward Force 29, but keeping my options open.
Besides driving myself crazy in the meantime.
You have an Eliminator Daytona don't you?
I'm curious how the 25's do in the chop.
Mike[/QB]Yes, I have an Eliminator Daytona :D , but not a 25' :( I have a 19'. It doesn't handle the big chop very well.. :( but when the water is smooth....holy shit is it a kick to drive! :D

25Elmn8r
11-05-2002, 01:51 PM
The 25 Daytona's handle the chop great. And in my opinion is the best looking CAT out there.

PlayTime
11-05-2002, 01:55 PM
If I got a HTM it would have to be used I can't afford a brand new one. (This will definately be my next just need to get more raises). Reason I wanted to stay away from the cheetah was the rough ride that his passengers get.
I really like the SR-24 and got to defend her cause she looks mean on the water but, Realisticly I will probably end up with a cheetah. I got till February or March till I go put my down. Then I figure about 8-10 weeks before I see her on the water.
Look for me this summer in a cheetah though. Anybody got anything to say about essex boats. Is that in the same price range?
Much respect to you current HTM owners.

syke-o
11-05-2002, 04:58 PM
Cheetah's are cool boats.. my friends have a cheetah and it is a great sweet boat!! i think htm's are in a different league though, both in price and performance... i am also looking into a cheetah due to the fact i can get a new boat for a reasonable price

DogHouse
11-05-2002, 06:58 PM
25Elmn8r:
The 25 Daytona's handle the chop great. And in my opinion is the best looking CAT out there.That's just because you haven't seen a Magic CAT yet!!! (j/k!)
-brian wink

rude235
11-05-2002, 07:05 PM
HD, i wasn't suggesting to compare the quality of a cheetah to the boats i mentioned. i was simply naming similar type hulls to compare to the cheetah. i realize they are in two different leagues.

Skaterfast
11-05-2002, 07:48 PM
Playtime,I wouldn't give Bob Burns any money up front.Be careful please.I gave him 6k about 18 years ago and he split town.Through the courts I got 13k back about 13 years later.Be Careful.Maybe he has made a lot of good in the past 5 years or so ,but I say once a thief always a thief.

24RODjr
11-05-2002, 07:49 PM
Time for me to call playtime out!
What happened to the Truce "homie?"
Rough ride??? in 2' chop yeah, but in mini chop, the air ride is aaaaaaaaaall right...oh...wait...I forgot the little "accident" you had when I aired it out last time. wink It's ok....you're secret is safe with me. We all know that some people can't handle catching air at 80...
I understand that my Cheeter is not up with the HTM's and eliminators. It is a cut rate custom; however, if I had to choose between that and a 10YO eliminator or equal boat, it's a no brainer IMHO (especially with the super charger :D )
In deference to DogHouse, I have to say that you should get a commission from Magic. When I become 28ROD, they made a sale because of your boat. Sweet Machine.
Oh, and one more thing, before I forget....
Playtime, from OC, Cali???? Why don't you represent the 909?? It should read CO..., Cali :rolleyes:
[ November 05, 2002, 07:50 PM: Message edited by: 24RODjr ]

PlayTime
11-05-2002, 08:23 PM
Serious question. Where are all you guys storing your boats during the winter time? Do any you store it in a storage yard? Any bad experiences doing so. I know some of you store it on your property. I am not so lucky no room and Im on a major slanted hill. With all the boat thefts going on im looking for suggestions to keep the cheetah im gonna get come febuary safe.
If anybody stores theres in a closed garage at a storage yard can you enlighten me on how much it is going to cost me. Any other suggestions.

DogHouse
11-05-2002, 08:29 PM
One more little tip for buying from Bob, coming from a former Cheetah owner... Get EVERYTHING in WRITING!!! I know this is always a good idea with any builder, but it's especially true with him as he seems to "forget" a lot of things that you might talk about over the phone. Not a big deal if you don't want any custom changes, but very important if you do want something he doesn't normally put in the boat. Good luck!
-brian
ps: 24Jr, I would definitely agree on the commission thing, thanks!

24RODjr
11-05-2002, 09:06 PM
I know a nice storage lot in Placentia where you could keep it. wink

HavasuDreamin'
11-06-2002, 07:57 AM
Expect to pay anywhere from $100/mo. to $140/mo for inside storage. Put as many locks on that bad boy as possible. Better yet, get a swingaway tongue that can be locked in a non towing position. When my family use to store our big boat in Havasu (carport) we would chain it to the poles and put a tongue lock on it. That was back in the 70's and 80's. eek! Now a days, I would buy every safety device I could put on it! Good Luck

THOR
11-06-2002, 08:49 AM
PlayTime:
Serious question. Where are all you guys storing your boats during the winter time? Do any you store it in a storage yard? Any bad experiences doing so. I know some of you store it on your property. I am not so lucky no room and Im on a major slanted hill. With all the boat thefts going on im looking for suggestions to keep the cheetah im gonna get come febuary safe.
If anybody stores theres in a closed garage at a storage yard can you enlighten me on how much it is going to cost me. Any other suggestions.My boat is at my house. I feel pretty comfortable knowing my flood light will automatically come on if there is someone or something near it.
On a personal note, I have seen Cheetahs on the water (a good friend owns one) and like the look. They run really well too. But, they are not a traditional cat like a Daytona, DCB, etc. If I had the money I would be all over a 25' Daytona. But, I decided to live in HB instead. frown

Tom Slick
11-06-2002, 11:54 AM
PLAYTIME,
I'm not sure what your price range is for your new boat, but I just so happen to have one of the best HTM's ever built for sale right now. The boat is a 2001 SS-24 and only has 45 hours on it. It is the fastest unblown SS-24 ever tested, and no expense was spared when building the motor and drive on this boat. It is a perfect boat. If a $90,000.00 boat for $69,900.00 sounds like something that you would be interested in, give me a call at 626 695-1218.
Thanks
Chris

pleasantcat
11-06-2002, 12:07 PM
as for the daytona 25'.... I LOVE MINE!!! it's my first cat and i dont think i could do better. the handling is awesome and i think the other owners would agree. turns great, smooth ride in rough water, and ohhhh baby they go fast with some hp. if i remember correctly bob teague took a 25' daytona to a 144 mph pass on parker strip. i think that says it all.... :D :D my .02 s

25Elmn8r
11-06-2002, 01:45 PM
DogHouse:
25Elmn8r:
The 25 Daytona's handle the chop great. And in my opinion is the best looking CAT out there.That's just because you haven't seen a Magic CAT yet!!! (j/k!)
-brian wink Alright, that little thing magic is doing now looks ok, I guess. wink :D

PlayTime
11-07-2002, 08:15 AM
Thanks for the offer Tom Slick. Thats still too rich for my blood currently, HTM will be my next one I only got maybe stretching it about 46,000.
Why you getting rid of yours?

Tom Slick
11-07-2002, 12:17 PM
PLAYTIME,
I'm selling my HTM, because I currently have two boats and need only one payment! I am actually trying to sell my Spectre also. If I can sell both boats, I will most likely go Skater shopping!

syke-o
11-08-2002, 11:25 AM
Playtime, any possible colors for the new boat??

HTM-NY
11-10-2002, 01:35 PM
I've got a 2000 demo for sale. It will come with a mercury warranty. Go to www.bsmarine.com (http://www.bsmarine.com) or traderonline to see pics. It's red white and blue.

all4itinaz
11-11-2002, 01:32 PM
playtime... ive been deceiding if im going to sell my 98 sr24... let me know how serious you are... email me at crott99@yahoo.com

24RODjr
11-11-2002, 02:33 PM
syke-o:
Playtime, any possible colors for the new boat??Playcito is going with brown to blend in with all that dirt out there! wink
KIDDING BRO!!

syke-o
11-11-2002, 07:33 PM
all4tina, what kind of power and how much??

rustyk
11-11-2002, 07:50 PM
Hey playtime if you would like to have a 25 daytona open bow with 7.4 454 and a procharger with barefoot pole and trailer for $49,995 obo there is one in Houston tx at Bullock marine.Its a 1999 he is selling for some older fellow i was told. The price was too high two years ago but he may be willing to bargain. I thought the boat was cool and got a ride in it. He got it up to 70 with me, a friend of mine and my five year old and Bruce was driving. I know it would go at least 75+ without all of us.If you want to see it got to bullockmarine.com or this may be off a little but i know you can find it.
rk

all4itinaz
11-12-2002, 09:50 PM
syke-o... it has a 454 and a b&m 177 blower..runs great...i havent decieded if im going to go with a big motor or sell it and get another with more power.... i would sell for about $48k...

PlayTime
11-14-2002, 12:44 PM
thanks rustyk,
This boat is gonna be my first. I kinda wanted to get a new one. I want to enjoy before I need to start worrying about being towed. The Rods had a used boat as there first and it was always being towed.

Havasu Hangin'
11-14-2002, 12:54 PM
PlayTime:
thanks rustyk,
This boat is gonna be my first. I kinda wanted to get a new one. I want to enjoy before I need to start worrying about being towed. The Rods had a used boat as there first and it was always being towed.Believe me...new boats get towed. Even the best get towed...shit happens.
A loose nut on the steering wheel contributes to alot of equipment failure. If you think a new boat will be turn-key without proper care, better bring a good tow rope...

24RODjr
11-14-2002, 01:36 PM
PlayTime:
thanks rustyk,
This boat is gonna be my first. I kinda wanted to get a new one. I want to enjoy before I need to start worrying about being towed. The Rods had a used boat as there first and it was always being towed.The very first one yeah, but the bayliner was bulletproof. That boat ran forever...granted it was only 40mph on the top end, but you didn't seem to mind succa!

24ROD
11-14-2002, 06:25 PM
24RODjr:
PlayTime:
thanks rustyk,
This boat is gonna be my first. I kinda wanted to get a new one. I want to enjoy before I need to start worrying about being towed. The Rods had a used boat as there first and it was always being towed.The very first one yeah, but the bayliner was bulletproof. That boat ran forever...granted it was only 40mph on the top end, but you didn't seem to mind succa!Bayliner, WTF! My own son bagging on our Chris Craft eek! Let me see I think that was Playtime's first time behind the wheel of a boat. And for that matter syke-o got some seat time there too. Let's give it up for the MANGO with hoochie at the wheel eek! eek!

DogHouse
11-14-2002, 06:38 PM
Uh oh, looks like y'all started a family feud!
It's ok Sr, I give my Pop a hard time about our first ski boat too, but that boat gave me the best memories of childhood... Thumbs up!
-brian

24ROD
11-14-2002, 09:25 PM
DogHouse, how you doin? Just having a little father-son fun. All I have is love for 24RODjr wink

24RODjr
11-14-2002, 10:51 PM
Pop, I ain't Baggin' man...I got nuthin but love for the baylin...uh...er...CHRIScraft :D

syke-o
11-14-2002, 11:23 PM
didn't playtime almost kill us with his expert driving skills behind the wheel of the chriscraft???

24RODjr
11-15-2002, 12:10 AM
Nah bro, that was behind the spring break rental. We never let him drive the CHRIScraft unsupervised....
:D

PlayTime
11-15-2002, 11:12 AM
What a bunch of cry babies. I pulled the impossible catching air off a chris craft and all of a sudden you all wet your diapers. Like I said before always in control. Bunch of babies

syke-o
11-22-2002, 10:28 PM
ya that was some air you caught, and you were in total control the whole time...yeah right!!!

24RODjr
11-24-2002, 10:29 PM
Please allow me to translate....
\ PlayTime:
What a bunch of cry babies(playtime was the only one crying). I pulled the impossible catching air off a chris craft (it wasn't the CHRIS craft, more like a 100 horse rental) and all of a sudden you all wet your diapers (he's talking to himself here). Like I said before always in control (except when I'm driving the boat). Bunch of babies (This crowd includes Ruben, Playtime, and Cito)

PlayTime
11-30-2002, 11:51 AM
Anticipating the Rod's new tug boat revelation.
From cheetah to seatow.
Ouch.

PlayTime
12-14-2002, 09:25 PM
Thanks for everyone's input. I ended going to take a look at HTM and was just sold on the SR-24.
Not much power for now but good for a 1st time boat owner.

24RODjr
12-14-2002, 10:51 PM
Like I said...nice ride...for an anchor.
We'll see how much you talk after tomorrow.
Not much power for now....he he hee
I'll have a party for you the first time you see what north of 60 mph feels like :D :D :D

24RODjr
12-14-2002, 10:51 PM
And being a passenger in my boat don't count!! eek!

PlayTime
12-15-2002, 10:26 PM
Its all good Riverdave. I know shit happens but I'm just hear to listen and learn. Every boat has its goods and its bads. I'm down for hearing both sides. 2 weeks into my new boat I've got a lot to catch up on the history of it. You do however have to admit though HTM overall is a good product.

24RODjr
12-16-2002, 08:50 AM
Ruben...don't you need to change your signature? :D

PlayTime
12-16-2002, 07:13 PM
Mini Rod, why? I already changed.

PlayTime
12-16-2002, 07:17 PM
By the way Dave got filled in on what happened to steve. I do have to agree with you, that's just not right. I'm just glad he was able to put it back together.

24RODjr
12-16-2002, 09:25 PM
PlayTime:
Mini Rod, why? I already changed.Call me Mini Rod...call my boat a Cheepa...call me what ever you want...just call me DADDY when I fly by... smilespi

steve@kps
12-17-2002, 07:12 AM
Just wanted to say thanks for you guys understanding my side of this. I appreciate your support and sending those pics so i can put mine together. I really don't understand why HTM wouldn't help put this back on the water. IT'S (not bragging) good advertising to have a guy like me own one of those boats. Alot of my customers will see this boat in my shop and on the lake, and my website. I'd think they would try to be a part of that!
Can someone please take a pic of the back of their console, so i can see what the panels and wiring looks like, that would be a huge help to me. someone w/ a SR boat. thanks guys.
not a pic of just any boat, you knuckle heads..lol. ONE of an HTM SR-24 :p
[ December 17, 2002, 07:13 AM: Message edited by: steve@kps ]

PlayTime
12-17-2002, 07:53 AM
I'll do tonight when I get home.

24RODjr
12-17-2002, 01:16 PM
If your ride is still there...
I think the new name of your boat is RODTIME!!! wink
Seriously though, How'd the trip to rex marine work out for you?

JLaughreySS24
12-17-2002, 02:23 PM
Hey Steve, All I think it was is that HTM didnt want to deal with putting back together a salvaged boat. Dont get me wrong, Im not bashing your boat. Hopefully everything is put back together properly and its strong enough to handle speed. They have gone through a very rough time right now needless to say, but if you owned that business would you want your customer in a new hull over a split in half salvaged one? Especially after the horrible accendent that happened January 11! When things like that happen you dont even think of taking that chance. All the guys up at HTM have treated my friends and I very well. Its too bad you didnt have the honor of meeting Steve Coulombe. Great person and would have helped you out one way or another. Good Luck with the boat. Cant wait to see it complete and again I think HTM just wanted to stay clear of any type of situation as yours. See Ya

steve@kps
12-17-2002, 03:26 PM
Jlaughrey
I totally understand. they should have told me that before they started pricing the molded pieces and the wiring harness, etc. They told me no problem to repair. Then i made the purchase, and started locating parts. Then 2 weeks later and 4K $....they said NO WAY....that aint cool w/ me.
I would never endanger myself or my family. I had the boat repaired by a true professional and i'm not trying to go 100mph. Just wanna have some fun at the lake. :D
p.s. I have the utmost amount of respect for the guys at HTM.....i'm not trying to be a jerk on this. They have a very nice boat,and i intend to represent them well with this one! :)
[ December 17, 2002, 03:32 PM: Message edited by: steve@kps ]

JLaughreySS24
12-17-2002, 08:07 PM
You are right, they should have told you that before you had time and money in the deal. Sorry that happened. Maybe they didnt know how bad the damage was until 2 weeks into the deal. Anyway glad to here your boat is coming together. Bet you cant wait to get it out on the water!!!!

steve@kps
12-18-2002, 07:17 AM
thanks J
I shot ya a fiver for understanding and also for having such a "badass" lookin' boat. :cool:

PlayTime
12-18-2002, 08:38 AM
Trip to Rex Marine went good RodJr. Got all the straps and locks I needed. Got me a cool, Orange, Chris got shoved into the water flag, and a Hat.
Also went to Wheel Wherehouse and got a spare for the truck (Rim and Tire) also a spare for the trailor (Rim and Tire.
--
Steve I have those pictures I will post tonight. Is there any other pictures you need so I can snap them and post those too?

steve@kps
12-18-2002, 08:55 AM
Playtime, thanks for your help. It's much appreciated. I'll return the favor someday when you need it.
I'd love a close-up pic of the gauges and merc. control dash. Where the controls are there are two holes, one in front and one behind the controls. I'm not sure exactly how the ignition and kill switch were placed.
Thanks BRO.
steve g.

mike37
12-18-2002, 09:02 AM
http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Forum_Graphic_Depot/marquardt-htm-3.jpgsteve found this in forum graphic depot shows dash and has babe bonuss to

JLaughreySS24
12-18-2002, 03:19 PM
Thanks Steve, I shot you back a fiver as well!! Thanks for the compliment, Steve, Ken, and I worked on that boat together. Its has a lot of sentimental value. Ive had it for two years and love it.

PlayTime
12-18-2002, 08:21 PM
Ok here goes, hope these help.
http://www.rivercrazy.com/htmboat/gauges1.jpg
http://www.rivercrazy.com/htmboat/BackDash1.jpg
http://www.rivercrazy.com/htmboat/BackDash2.jpg
I'm a Room Hog. :D

steve@kps
12-19-2002, 08:48 AM
Dude........your the coolest. i owe ya one!
that is a huge help.....was wondering where those wires went........thanks.
hey guys. I'd like to put a pic of your boats on my website. If that's okay w/ you. just e-mail me a pic and i'll get it posted. (keyprop@hotmail.com)
Playtime.....very nice boat...looks killer!
[ December 19, 2002, 08:52 AM: Message edited by: steve@kps ]

syke-o
12-19-2002, 08:52 AM
Looks like HTM has some clean rigging... that wiring looks pretty good

PlayTime
12-19-2002, 01:58 PM
Thanks syke-o.
Let me find a good pic and i'll send your way.
Only 6 months left till summer :D

24ROD
12-19-2002, 07:29 PM
PlayTime:
Thanks syke-o.
Let me find a good pic and i'll send your way.
Only 6 months left till summer :D Dude doesn't summer start in March :confused:

PlayTime
12-19-2002, 08:58 PM
ooooooooooh. My bad, what was I thinking, I forgot the Big Cheetah Regetta signals the begining of summer.
eek!

24RODjr
12-20-2002, 08:05 AM
PlayTime:
ooooooooooh. My bad, what was I thinking, I forgot the Big Cheetah Regetta signals the begining of summer.
eek! At least we know the few cheetah's that do show up will be faster than your HTM eek! :D

PlayTime
12-20-2002, 08:42 AM
In response to your PM. I know the turn out was low last year and Yes I will attend your cheetah regatta, you could have asked me strait out, didn't have to be so secretive about it.

steve@kps
12-20-2002, 08:46 AM
Playtime, i shot ya a fiver for the cool boat and your help.
I just recieved some GOOD news from HTM. I'll post soon on a new thread!
don't worry about cheetah.. i'll help you outrun those suckas' wink
ya'll be :cool:
ooops, sorry mike37.. i just gotchya in on some 5'er action also. thanks for your help!
[ December 20, 2002, 09:02 AM: Message edited by: steve@kps ]

mike37
12-20-2002, 08:58 AM
hey playtime
I never herd wat your top speed is with the 24p prop im guesing 73mph ?

PlayTime
12-20-2002, 09:55 AM
Mike37 Had it pegged at 65 Mph.
Fast enough for me for now. Later I'll add a Procharger, after waranty. :) Maybe changing prop will gimme a little more. Officially I seen the cheetah hit 72 but he claims it does 80. Not bad either way. Let me know how the HO does for you also interested in what prop your using. Don't you pick your's up this weekend?

PlayTime
12-20-2002, 09:57 AM
Steve, nice to hear, i'll look for the thread.

mike37
12-20-2002, 10:38 AM
PlayTime:
Fast enough for me for now. Later I'll add a Procharger, after waranty. :) Maybe changing prop will gimme a little more. Officially I seen the cheetah hit 72 but he claims it does 80. Not bad either way. Let me know how the HO does for you also interested in what prop your using. Don't you pick your's up this weekend? There’s bin some delays with all the rain
And the upholstery shop bumped me back a week
I told Dorian at the start IM in no rush
And to bump my boat back if some one ells was in a rush to get their boat out in the rain
So IM picking it up after Xmas going to take a look this sat it so close to being finished

24RODjr
12-20-2002, 11:21 AM
PlayTime:
Fast enough for me for now. Later I'll add a Procharger, after waranty. :) Maybe changing prop will gimme a little more. Officially I seen the cheetah hit 72 but he claims it does 80. Not bad either way. Let me know how the HO does for you also interested in what prop your using. Don't you pick your's up this weekend? Let's make sure this is accurate... I had your boat pegged at 65 and the Cheetah was smokin' you with Syke-o behind the wheel
Secondly, I don't claim 80. Bob Teague claims 81. You callin' him a liar? :D You've only seen 72 because The screamin' commin' out of your mouth hurts my ears, so I slow down to shut you up eek!
[ December 20, 2002, 11:23 AM: Message edited by: 24RODjr ]

PlayTime
12-20-2002, 12:38 PM
My, my, some one has held in a lot of hostility. :D River is all about fun, "Its not always about competition." :cool: Relax, enjoy the sun, the boats, and the girls, that's what the river is all about. :) Thats what its all about.

24ROD
12-20-2002, 12:50 PM
Rube.........ugh.. I mean PlayTime check your pm :cool:

24RODjr
12-23-2002, 09:43 PM
PlayTime:
My, my, some one has held in a lot of hostility. :D River is all about fun, "Its not always about competition." :cool: Relax, enjoy the sun, the boats, and the girls, that's what the river is all about. :) Thats what its all about. Sheeeeeeeeit...I just read this one...
I thought it was about speed...and you being from the 9-OH-9 could respect that wink
I'm cool if you are...that is until you pro-charge that Anchor....
Seriously though, can't wait for Spring Break!!!

PlayTime
12-24-2002, 08:02 AM
So procharger will run me about 6,000.00 you say. Then a 26p prop should get me a little extra horse. Any other suggestions. By the way I ordered ***boat to be delivered to my house ohhhhhh yeah. Let me know what else. Just Curious wink

24RODjr
12-24-2002, 08:23 AM
wait...you can afford the 6K for the Procharger, and the 3K for the drive upgrade, but not a trip to mammi?....weak.

24RODjr
12-24-2002, 08:24 AM
By the way....your avatar looks like it gets shot in the ass while it's running...kinda funny when you think about it and watch it run.... :D :D :D

syke-o
12-24-2002, 11:08 AM
24RODjr:
wait...you can afford the 6K for the Procharger, and the 3K for the drive upgrade, but not a trip to mammi?....weak. Ya that is weak!!!!!! 6k pro charger... or $40 mammoth trip??? please explain....

PlayTime
12-24-2002, 11:28 AM
My bad I thought you would get snowed out on that one. devil I'll do the next trip. :)

Bad Puddy Tat
12-24-2002, 03:18 PM
PlayTime:
Don't pay 6K for a Pro Charger. Unless that price is installed??? Still seems steep to me. Last year I put a stage 3 on my HTM $4800. Misc Labor (Little Massagng of the Heads) $3500. Drive Surgery $5500 . Worth every penny Great results Boat runs bitchin.... :D :D :D :D :D

24RODjr
12-25-2002, 12:19 AM
Bad Puddy Tat:
PlayTime:
Don't pay 6K for a Pro Charger. Unless that price is installed??? Still seems steep to me. Last year I put a stage 3 on my HTM $4800. Misc Labor (Little Massagng of the Heads) $3500. Drive Surgery $5500 . Worth every penny Great results Boat runs bitchin.... :D :D :D :D :D Price was just a shade over 9K installed cleanly, with a nice upgrade of the outdrive to handle the extra ponies.

PlayTime
12-26-2002, 07:36 AM
Bad putty Tat.
When did you get that done and how much time do you spend woking on the engine now. Hav you had anyproblems since you installed.

Sandbar Mike
12-26-2002, 09:05 AM
Hey Playtime,
Curious- Whats your top end speed with that 496 Mag?
Alot of boat builders say that you can actually save a few thousand by going with the 496 mag and whipple charging it, rather than paying for the 496 HO and Whipple. For pretty close to the same performance. Check out GT Performance in Montclair.
mike
[ December 26, 2002, 09:07 AM: Message edited by: Sandbar Mike ]

Sandbar Mike
12-27-2002, 11:08 AM
hhhmmmmm :D

PlayTime
12-30-2002, 08:08 AM
I get 65MPH out of the 496. I'm not sure where to go from here. Researching to see what to get. Does that Montclair place have a website?

HI Seez
12-30-2002, 12:21 PM
blah blah blah, pretty funny when short people become competitive!
You guys should have a thumb war...

24RODjr
12-30-2002, 03:29 PM
Don't you think YOU should actually drive it at 65 before you buy more ponies?

PlayTime
12-31-2002, 01:38 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by 24RODjr:
wait...you can afford the 6K for the Procharger, and the 3K for the drive upgrade, but not a trip to mammi?....weak.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ya that is weak!!!!!! 6k pro charger... or $40 mammoth trip??? please explain.... Well lets explain that now, $65 dollars on snow gear cause it started snowing. Probably $500.00 for the ticket I got on the way up there, $125 for traffic School, $25 Dollars for boots and board, $40 in gas, and $20 for beer to watch the end of the Eagles game while they lost.
Pretty close syko. You were only off by $700. Hmm that plus another 8200 could have got me a clean install on the procharger. :) Want to go to mamoth this weekend? :D

syke-o
12-31-2002, 03:25 PM
ok

24RODjr
01-02-2003, 11:49 AM
I can't....my aniversary this weekend frown

Bad Puddy Tat
01-06-2003, 04:19 PM
Play Time:
Steve @ HTM had started the work before the accident. Jim Wilkes finished it up and did an awesome job. It took a little while to get it dialed in from a carb perspective. Pro-Charger had said to use a 750 CFM we ended up with a Modified 1050. I have since put around 48Hours on the boat and it has been maintenance free. The setup is awesome and I haven't had one issue. I'm thinking about putting a little more boost 7-8LBs versus the 4-5 I have currently. Sorry it took me so long to respond to you I just got back from 10 great day's at the river. :D :D :D
Take Care

syke-o
01-22-2003, 05:07 PM
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Forum_Graphic_Depot/Dcp_0605.JPG
playtimes htm pegged at 60!!!! cry

24RODjr
01-22-2003, 05:18 PM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOH
Is that all the faster that those HTM's go? :D

DogHouse
01-22-2003, 07:55 PM
syke-o:
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Forum_Graphic_Depot/Dcp_0605.JPG
playtimes htm pegged at 60!!!! cry Playtime, when you're ready to spend some $$$ and do something about this, shoot me an email. I'd be more than happy to help you put these Cheeters in their place!!! :p

24ROD
01-22-2003, 08:44 PM
Doghouse is selling us out!
WEAK!
I thought we were cool man...

DogHouse
01-22-2003, 08:52 PM
Sorry SR/JR, just hate to see that 120 speedo only hittin' the 50% mark!
:D

24ROD
01-22-2003, 08:59 PM
Did I mention that's Jr behind the wheel in the pic?
jawdrop
Seriously though, you can tell that boat is built to go sooo much faster!
Water was sticky that day. JR had it up to 65 a couple weeks ago, and had the cheeter north of 70. Both boats were slower...maybe because the water was too smooth.

PlayTime
01-22-2003, 09:57 PM
Shot you a fiver for the support doghouse.
9 more months till the warantee is up and the High Torque goes in. wink

PlayTime
01-22-2003, 10:05 PM
playtimes htm pegged at 60!!!!
What my friend syke-o was trying to say was he was having a hard time keeping up with at elsinore this last saturday.
http://www.rivercrazy.com/***boat/aaronseadoo.gif

24RODjr
01-23-2003, 08:24 AM
SLAM!!!!!

syke-o
01-23-2003, 10:18 AM
PlayTime:
playtimes htm pegged at 60!!!!
What my friend syke-o was trying to say was he was having a hard time keeping up with at elsinore this last saturday.
http://www.rivercrazy.com/***boat/aaronseadoo.gif funny ass picture
dude at least my sea doo goes over 60!!!! j/k

24RODjr
01-23-2003, 10:35 AM
you got wrecked homie!

PlayTime
01-25-2003, 02:18 PM
Did I mention he towed it to Elsinore in his Yellow Camero!!!!! wink

24RODjr
01-25-2003, 02:26 PM
PlayTime:
Did I mention he towed it to Elsinore in his Yellow Camero!!!!! wink Straight CAKE BOY!!! UH YEEEE YEAH!!

syke-o
01-25-2003, 10:12 PM
PlayTime:
Did I mention he towed it to Elsinore in his Yellow Camero!!!!! wink ah yeah 1991 yellow camaro with a v8 and t-tops, complete with hawaiin seat covers, 6x9 speaker in boxes on the floor behind the front seats, and the holley carb stickers......