PDA

View Full Version : ARRGGH......When The Fock will Google split

jdogginla
06-01-2005, 05:26 AM
Anyone have a guess when google will split? It's hit 278.00 a share........this stock just keeps going and going. Waiting for it to split before I take my shit and go home!@#%$

cole13
06-01-2005, 06:17 AM
286 and going!!! I do not think it is going to split.

jdogginla
06-01-2005, 06:40 AM
286 and going!!! I do not think it is going to split.
It has to split sooner or later............this could be another Qualcomm.....Wooohooo

cole13
06-01-2005, 06:48 AM
It has to split sooner or later............this could be another Qualcomm.....Wooohooo
It does not have to split! If you can not afford it buy the CALLS

jdogginla
06-01-2005, 07:01 AM
It does not have to split! If you can not afford it buy the CALLS
I'm just saying sooner or later it'll split. Maybe my wording of "it Has to" was not correct. I can afford it, I own plenty of it. I'm just waiting to unload it so I can buy my boat!@#$^%

cole13
06-01-2005, 07:11 AM
you are betting on the stock market to pay for your boat? I would think it wise to cash out with what you have made. Because if it pulls back no more boat for you.

jdogginla
06-01-2005, 07:29 AM
you are betting on the stock market to pay for your boat? I would think it wise to cash out with what you have made. Because if it pulls back no more boat for you.
I've taken money that I would of normally stuck in a cookie jar and saved up for a boat and more than doubled it. I was originally going to finance 70 % of my boat. The way that the stocks I've invested in are going I'm willing to wait things out and try to purchase my boat with no financing at the end of the year. I'm well aware that the stock market is never a sure thing but more of a calculated risk. I'm not putting my nest egg or future retirement at risk here, it's money that if I hadn't decided to buy a new boat would of gone to vacations, vegas or other toys that aren't requirements for me to maintain a comfortable lifestyle.

FREIND OF AA AND TA
06-01-2005, 07:34 AM
I've taken money that I would of normally stuck in a cookie jar and saved up for a boat and more than doubled it. I was originally going to finance 70 % of my boat. The way that the stocks I've invested in are going I'm willing to wait things out and try to purchase my boat with no financing at the end of the year. I'm well aware that the stock market is never a sure thing but more of a calculated risk. I'm not putting my nest egg or future retirement at risk here, it's money that if I hadn't decided to buy a new boat would of gone to vacations, vegas or other toys that aren't requirements for me to maintain a comfortable lifestyle.
Buy a rental and have the positive cash flow make your boat payment!
The rental will probably go up in value while it's still a great tax shelter.
Also you will have some moron paying off your boat.
Just my 2 cents, remember, always have your assets pay for your liabilities.

cole13
06-01-2005, 07:55 AM
Just a question, but if you can pay for it with cash why would you take out a loan? Not only are you leveraging your house now you have added a boat. The housing market takes a dump, and not only have you lost your boat but your house as well. Also HOW IN THE WORLD DO YOU BECOME CASH FlOW POSITIVE in CA., with an $600,000 mortgage? I see where you are going with this do not get me wrong, but unless you do some form on interest only loan, you are exposing yourself and your family to trouble down the road. No matter what anyone says DEBT is BAD and CASH is KING. Why pay interest if you can pay for it in cash?? Let me guess, so you can be your own bank!!! Well right now if you borrow at 5.5% where are you going to do better? The bond market is at a 3.91% for the 10 year.

SummitKarl
06-01-2005, 08:34 AM
nicely put, cash is king, loans Kill

cole13
06-01-2005, 08:43 AM
I hate it when I hear realtors telling clients to use thier house like an ATM machine.

Tom Brown
06-01-2005, 08:47 AM
What does splitting have to do with anything? The shares double, the price halves. It makes it easier for people to buy in but as a share holder, it will just cause you to pay a bit more brokerage when you sell since there is a per share tariff.

cole13
06-01-2005, 08:50 AM
What does splitting have to do with anything? The shares double, the price halves. It makes it easier for people to buy in but as a share holder, it will just cause you to pay a bit more brokerage when you sell since there is a per share tariff.
Per share Tariff is actually not correct, but it depends on your means of trading. If you are trading on E-Trade or something of the sort they charge a per share commission. Through a wire house it is different!!

Tom Brown
06-01-2005, 08:52 AM
Per share Tariff is actually not correct, but it depends on your means of trading.
LOL!
Your post on cashflow and debt was excellent. You should stop while you're ahead. :)

jdogginla
06-01-2005, 09:16 AM
It makes it easier for people to buy in but as a share holder, it will just cause you to pay a bit more brokerage when you sell since there is a per share tariff.
Because I'd like to buy again when it splits. Don't want to buy it at the current price. I originally bought it under 200.00 but not comfortable paying 300 a share for it.

jdogginla
06-01-2005, 09:18 AM
Dunno......was always taught you pay for your Toys with cash or as much of it as you can.

DCBob
06-01-2005, 09:28 AM
Dunno......was always taught you pay for your Toys with cash or as much of it as you can.
Great words of wisdom. Save the leverage for income producing assets if you can :wink:

ROZ
06-01-2005, 09:46 AM
I hate it when I hear realtors telling clients to use thier house like an ATM machine.
I'm no realator or financial manger, but I didn't read that he advised jdogg to pull money out of his house...
Incidentally, my brother's 2 rentals pay for his sports car payment... Funny thing is that he owns 2 houses that bring income, and he rents his current residence in Boston. He uses the difference in rent vs mortgauge to pay toward the principle on his other 2 houses...Cheaper to rent than own there anyways....
But back to your ATM theory, I can't understand is why anyone would take money out of their house to buy a new depreciating asset, err liability, in cash either... Tax consequenes will suck after you sell your house if you're not prepared...(thinking of capitol gains after exceeding the 300k/650k do not pass go mark)...

cole13
06-01-2005, 09:57 AM
I'm no realator or financial manger, but I didn't read that he advised jdogg to pull money out of his house...
Incidentally, my brother's 2 rentals pay for his sports car payment... Funny thing is that he owns 2 houses that bring income, and he rents his current residence in Boston. He uses the difference in rent vs mortgauge to pay toward the principle on his other 2 houses...Cheaper to rent than own there anyways....
But back to your ATM theory, I can't understand is why anyone would take money out of their house to buy a new depreciating asset, err liability, in cash either... Tax consequenes will suck after you sell your house if you're not prepared...(thinking of capitol gains after exceeding the 300k/650k do not pass go mark)...
I should have put that in a side note! It really had nothing to do with this thread just venting a little!
So just to be clear, the income from the properties is used to pay down the other houses, or to pay for the sports car? If it is to pay down the other houses that is a really good idea!
ANd I still do not think Google is going to split. But what do I know!!!

SoCalOffshore
06-01-2005, 10:31 AM
Because I'd like to buy again when it splits. Don't want to buy it at the current price. I originally bought it under 200.00 but not comfortable paying 300 a share for it.
The splitt is inmaterial to the future performance of a stock. Buying one share at $300 share is the same as buying 2 shares at $150. You still have invested the same amount of dollars. The P/E ratio, P/B ratio and earnings are all adjusted. The key to making money in stocks is not what you bought it for, but what you sell it for. Profits in stocks are paper untill sold. The key to Google is when you sell. Most people will hold on to long and see much, if not, all of there gains evaporate. Good luck.

Rexone
06-01-2005, 10:35 AM
So being a renter = being a moron.
Thanks, I think I got it now. :notam:

Deano
06-01-2005, 10:39 AM
Thats the only good thing about a split. Alot more people will be comfortable buying more for less when its actually the same. Its all phsycilogical (sp) and the stock will rise because of it.
I wouldnt be so comfortable hanging on to GOOG for too much longer..

cole13
06-01-2005, 10:39 AM
The splitt is inmaterial to the future performance of a stock. Buying one share at $300 share is the same as buying 2 shares at $150. You still have invested the same amount of dollars. The P/E ratio, P/B ratio and earnings are all adjusted. The key to making money in stocks is not what you bought it for, but what you sell it for. Profits in stocks are paper untill sold. The key to Google is when you sell. Most people will hold on to long and see much, if not, all of there gains evaporate. Good luck.
Very well put
But it is going to $350.00 hahaha

jdogginla
06-01-2005, 10:42 AM
I may be off base........but yes if I buy it 300 or if I buy 2 at 150, it is monetarily the same. But it's more attractive to other potential investors at 150. Again I may be off base but the at 300 it may be close to it's "ceiling" where as if it splits and goes back to 150 it has the potential as again it's much more attractive.
Either way the additional money is being invested.
Is my thinking off base?

ROZ
06-01-2005, 10:48 AM
So just to be clear, the income from the properties is used to pay down the other houses, or to pay for the sports car? If it is to pay down the other houses that is a really good idea!
It's symantics...No matter how you look at it, he's paying for it..
The saving of him renting vs owning this particular apartment in Boston goes toward the principle on the rentals... The money made from the rentals pays for the car and is reinvested...
Since he doesn't drive the car much and parking cost is expensive, he'll likely sell the car and parking space(about 80k for the space) and just reinvest the money...
He'd trade it all to come back to work out here though :D

Tom Brown
06-01-2005, 11:35 AM
So being a renter = being a moron.
Unfortunately, I think this is the case all too often.
When someone says what a great idea it is to buy a huose and have a renter pay it off, that's a sign they've never done it.

hoolign
06-01-2005, 11:46 AM
Unfortunately, I think this is the case all too often.
When someone says what a great idea it is to buy a huose and have a renter pay it off, that's a sign they've never done it.
You can get lucky...I bought one that was occupied by two teachers at the college..they were in it for 8 years...Don't ask me why they didn't just buy it..but it worked good for me. I think the best way to do this is to buy one that has a renters in already that have a track record!.. Buying then renting is a coin toss at best, unless you put it through a management company which just takes cash out of your pocket. Anyone who thinks it's as easy as buy , rent out, forget about it... is in for abig surprise!

Tom Brown
06-01-2005, 12:01 PM
Anyone who thinks it's as easy as buy , rent out, forget about it... is in for abig surprise!
Anyone who thinks that deserves to have you as a renter, Hooli. :D

hoolign
06-01-2005, 12:15 PM
Anyone who thinks that deserves to have you as a renter, Hooli. :D
I couldnt even tell you what it's like to be a renter... I bought my first house when I turned 18 :idea: It never made sense for me to pay for someone elses stuff! :D