PDA

View Full Version : slip ratio

jackpunx
06-01-2005, 01:55 PM
If you ran 8-10 slip in normal to good (wind chop) conditions.. what do you think your slip would jump up to in smooth water?

FREIND OF AA AND TA
06-01-2005, 02:05 PM
WHAT??? Elaborate you gear head freek. Are you kidding? You need a cocktail!!

Havasu Hangin'
06-01-2005, 04:47 PM
Depends on the boat?

Burley1
06-01-2005, 06:50 PM
JP I would think it would be less but what do I know!!
I was out in parker 2 weekend ago and didn't see you.
Too bad there was good water that weekend
I thought these thinks were acurate?
http://img117.echo.cx/img117/3893/gps3ix.th.jpg (http://img117.echo.cx/my.php?image=gps3ix.jpg)

boatslayer
06-01-2005, 07:20 PM
If you ran 8-10 slip in normal to good (wind chop) conditions.. what do you think your slip would jump up to in smooth water?
damnit mark i missed my ride with u , oh well there is always next time

Bling Bling
06-01-2005, 10:19 PM
Hey Jack ass. Did you tell someone at Johns dock who was looking for me the last you saw of me I was getting arrested and leaving in hand cuffs? If so that was a good one, ya should hear the rumors floating around in SB!!

jackpunx
06-02-2005, 07:17 AM
Hey Jack ass. Did you tell someone at Johns dock who was looking for me the last you saw of me I was getting arrested and leaving in hand cuffs? If so that was a good one, ya should hear the rumors floating around in SB!!
LMAO

jackpunx
06-02-2005, 07:22 AM
JP I would think it would be less but what do I know!!
I was out in parker 2 weekend ago and didn't see you.
Too bad there was good water that weekend
I thought these thinks were acurate?
http://img117.echo.cx/img117/3893/gps3ix.th.jpg (http://img117.echo.cx/my.php?image=gps3ix.jpg)
they are accurate.. I have found that mine is about 4 seconds behind.. I was out on tues morning up in Naci with the lake to myself.. we got the RPMs up to 6400 with 30p prop and 1.24 gears according to my gps we were only doing 122 .. with a 10% slip we should have been doing 131ish.. the water was flat and I had to take a few passes to get through the porpouse.. seems like my slip jumped up pretty high with the smooth water..
I know tunnels and I expect that from them.. I was wondering if you guys had the same experience and what your slip jump was..

jackpunx
06-02-2005, 07:24 AM
damnit mark i missed my ride with u , oh well there is always next time
we'll be back up for the naci bash..
GETR DONE! :D
Good to meet you.. :D
Be carefull.. Bling is very attracted to you.. and he's really strong :D

CrazyHippy
06-02-2005, 08:40 AM
Sticky flat water will make the slip higher.
The boat wont free up and fly.
BJH :wink:

jackpunx
06-02-2005, 08:54 AM
Sticky flat water will make the slip higher.
The boat wont free up and fly.
BJH :wink:
Yea.. I know.. I was wondering what your slip was

alfonzo
06-02-2005, 09:20 AM
:
I heard the same thing! :D

CrazyHippy
06-02-2005, 10:44 AM
too high :cry:
w/ the 26 it's is fairly high just a hair under 10%
I think it would come down over time, but i dont want to hold the motor @ 8500rpm for more than 3-4 seconds for the gps to catch up.
turning the 30 it comes down to the mid 6's, and still will turn over 8750rpm :rollside: :boxed:
I tried a 32 and it was in the 6's again but wouldn't turn above 8000 rpm :yuk:
BJH :skull:

CrazyHippy
06-02-2005, 10:45 AM
all of those #'s are in decent water, never compared actual #'s w/ sticky water, but the boat is slower a few MPH @ the same RPM :frown:
BJH

boatslayer
06-02-2005, 02:51 PM
we'll be back up for the naci bash..
GETR DONE! :D
Good to meet you.. :D
yea it was good to finally meet u !!! ,, yea i cant wait till the naci lake bash :smile:
haha thats funny , u guys rag on each other so much

boatslayer
06-02-2005, 02:52 PM
I heard the same thing! :D
looks like u may be out of a ride then :D
haha just messin with ya scott, well see u guys in a lil while

alfonzo
06-02-2005, 04:29 PM
looks like u may be out of a ride then :D
haha just messin with ya scott, well see u guys in a lil whileSee Ya at the lake!!!!!!!!!

hulshot
06-03-2005, 10:19 PM
Mark on flat smooth water with a labbed 30 at 6000 rpms on the limiter I read 121 and 122 everytime out. with 4-6 inch wind chop it just got there quicker but it was the exact same speed. that is just my boat. I dont know much about yours. hehehe :D

racer
06-04-2005, 05:59 PM
When they hit the limiter that changes things. Smooth /rough slip does change mainly because it affects boat attitude or trim needed to reach the same attitude.

jackpunx
06-04-2005, 08:06 PM
When they hit the limiter that changes things. Smooth /rough slip does change mainly because it affects boat attitude or trim needed to reach the same attitude.
when I felt the back end kick up and flatten out.. then it started to act right.. by then I had run out of room... I was also still accellerating.. I felt like I should have let off the gas and let the boat catch up to it.. It was hopping around pretty good though.. I had to push through.. I knew it was flat water and that the boat would act that way.. by the time it settled down I had to start trimming down to make a turn..
I think it sets better with the bigger prop and less accelleration.
does that sound right?

stoker2001
06-05-2005, 06:02 AM
When they hit the limiter that changes things. Smooth /rough slip does change mainly because it affects boat attitude or trim needed to reach the same attitude.hey AL,im sure work has been crazy,but when you get a chance call me about extreme trailer touch up paint.do you think eliminator would drop ship me some?

racer
06-06-2005, 07:10 PM
Kevin we just got some will send it up this week.
Mark prop slip is higher while accelerating and the faster you do the higher the slip until the boat catches up, thats why Dons numbers are lower when against the limiter, the boat has had time to catch up. You Nascar deal sounds fun, I have done three driving schools and had a blast each time.

jackpunx
06-07-2005, 07:17 AM
Kevin we just got some will send it up this week.
Mark prop slip is higher while accelerating and the faster you do the higher the slip until the boat catches up, thats why Dons numbers are lower when against the limiter, the boat has had time to catch up. You Nascar deal sounds fun, I have done three driving schools and had a blast each time.
Makes sense..
We had a blast in the nascar deal.. We are going to do it again.. I'll let you know when we do and we'll make a party out of it.. :crossx:

racer
06-07-2005, 07:01 PM
Mark I'm in.

hulshot
06-07-2005, 08:11 PM
I would love to try if you give be a big advanced notice.

jackpunx
06-08-2005, 06:55 AM
I'll talk to the woman.. and see when she wants to do it again.. I am taking her to the big Island for her B day in October.. She may want to do it again for her bday too..
I have been digging around for schools that will let us go a bit faster and give us more seat time for less money....
I think I found one.. and they will probably give us a group discount..
AL,
what do you think about the enduro?