PDA

View Full Version : >>>HELP...REMOTE STARTER...<<<

rvrpig
06-01-2005, 07:11 PM
I WAS GIVEN A REMOTE STARTER FOR MY TRUCK LAST CHRISTMAS. THE COMPANY THAT MAKES IT IS (BULLDOG SECURITY). THIS THING HAS ALL THE BELLS AND WHISTLES ON IT. BUT THE PROBLEM IS i CAN NOT GET IT TO FUNCTION CORRECTLY. 90% OF THE WIRING IS DONE...THE TRUCK TRIES TOSTART BUT WONT.
DOES ANY ONE HAVE A HOOK UP ON A PLACE TO TROUBLE SHOOT MY REMOTE STARTER AND FINISH THE WORK AND PROGRAMMING. I HAVE GIVEN UP ON FINISHING IT MY SELF.....I REALLLLY NEED HELP ON THIS ONE.

rvrpig
06-01-2005, 07:32 PM
Please Any One...this Thing Is Really Pissing Me Off..and I Wanna Get It Finished So I Can Move On To Other Projects.

rvrpig
06-01-2005, 07:42 PM
2003 chevy
4x4
6 liter engine
many many prolems...locks wont lock or unlock
engine will not turn over...every thing powers up but starter cont crank
the remote will say it is running....but it is not...and if you manually start it while the remote says it is running...it will start and keep running even though the key is turned back off and removed from the slot..... :confused: :confused:

rvrpig
06-01-2005, 07:48 PM
passlock 2...it is a normal key...have the bypass module...and is wired correctly.

rvrpig
06-01-2005, 07:56 PM
The thing has a tach checking system for over rev. and a electric volt checking system to make it run. we a re getting volt reading when the key is in the start position...but the whole thing is that I am tired of messing with it and ready to give it to a shop to trouble shoot and finish it....IT HAS BEYIND PISSED ME OFF!! any ideas?????

rvrpig
06-01-2005, 08:02 PM
or maybe the wrong ignition wire of the three...know any one who is good and trust worthy to finish it for me?

rvrpig
06-01-2005, 08:04 PM
thanks for all you help....i was excited to get this thing but not iam ready to take a hammer to the whole dash....lol

rvrpig
06-01-2005, 10:46 PM
any One?

h2oski2fast
06-01-2005, 10:59 PM
Sounds to me like one of the safety zones is not wired properly. Safety meaning the hood, brake, neutral safety switch. The door lock should be easy to figure out, I believe on that year truck you can grab all the wiring in the driver door. Take this question over to the audio visual section........stereo guru's usually install alarms also.