PDA

View Full Version : Barry Bonds a racist.....

cdog
06-02-2005, 06:51 AM
Reported on sports news on the edge radio station.
barry bonds reportedly said "I don't sign for white people". When asked for an autograph at a cancer fundraiser. The man replied "white people get cancer too".
Who made this guy rich? What a piece of shit! You've got to be a brainless idiot to support these people.

Havasu_Dreamin
06-02-2005, 06:58 AM
Sadly, not another thing will be said about it. However, if the roles were reversed, there would be calls for banishment from baseball if it had been a white player that said he did not sign for black people.

SHOTKALLIN
06-02-2005, 07:07 AM
Somebody find a link to a story, there's not a SNIFF of this on the big three.
If it really happened.
I already hate Bonds with a passion. I bet his dad and uncle Willie are rolling over in thier graves.

UnionJack
06-02-2005, 07:09 AM
who cares, we all say thing we regret

cdog
06-02-2005, 07:09 AM
Where's the public outrage like when that rocker guy made his comments????
I forgot it's only OK to discriminate against white males..F'in azzholes.
All that money and fame and he's still got that street thug mentality. I guess it's easier to make excuses then fizzle out and move over for better talent and admit your not as good.

SHOTKALLIN
06-02-2005, 07:15 AM
Where's the public outrage like when that rocker guy made his comments????
I forgot it's only OK to discriminate against white males..F'in azzholes.
All that money and fame and he's still got that street thug mentality. I guess it's easier to make excuses then fizzle out and move over for better talent and admit your not as good.
barry bonds never lived in the ghetto and he was never a thug. If you ask me, I think he act like a stuck up rich white guy. :D

cdog
06-02-2005, 07:22 AM
I'd hardly catergorize Bonds as a street thug. He's more entitled than street thug.
Bad attitude aside, Barry Bonds is probably the greatest baseball player you'll ever see play, unless you happen to be about 50 years old, and he'll still might be the greatest you've seen play.
He's still just a guy who hits a ball with a stick to me.......I just want him held to the same standard as the rest of us and am tired of black guys getting away with shit talk against white people. You don't have to be from the getto to act getto.

Biglue
06-02-2005, 07:32 AM
Well, I've never seen Bonds act "ghetto". He's got a bad attitude, for sure. He hates the media more than they hate him. He blames the media for his father's problems and he never lets them forget it. I'll reserve my judgement for this incident until a see something more substantial than a post on HB forum.
Hey SWB, Bonds sounds like he needs to be intruduced to yesterday's thread, huh? :D

SHOTKALLIN
06-02-2005, 07:33 AM
He's still just a guy who hits a ball with a stick to me.......I just want him held to the same standard as the rest of us and am tired of black guys getting away with shit talk against white people. You don't have to be from the getto to act getto.
you wouldn't know ghetto if your car broke down in one.
Allan Iverson is GHETTO. Rasheed Wallace is GHETTO. Bonds is a pompous arrogant ASSHOLE! there is a difference.

Havasu_Dreamin
06-02-2005, 07:38 AM
I'll reserve my judgement for this incident until a see something more substantial than a post on HB forum.
So far the onlything I've found is on a message board from a guy claiming that he was the guy it was said to.

MagicMtnDan
06-02-2005, 07:39 AM
Barry Bonds was an excellent hitter with decent power who took the juice and bulked up from stick-man to roid-man (check out his pics when he was a rookie and compare them to the roidhead he is today). He was always an asshole and over the past years (as a Giant) he became the #1 a-hole in baseball.
Sure, he's always been a great hitter but everything he's ever achieved hitting-wise needs an asterisk next to it thanks to his help from the roids. :devil: His success in baseball will influence thousands of kids to try the juice.
Barry Bonds sucks in every possible way. I hope he doesn't hit another home run so we're not stuck with him as the record holder.

SHOTKALLIN
06-02-2005, 07:41 AM
I agree with you. If he said it and it gets covered in a reputable news outlet he should be crucified for his comments. His Dad and him were playing golf one time at Bear Creek (he used to own a house there) in Murietta. I was playing with my father in law. Being a Giants fan I wanted to go up and say hello to them. My father in law wouldn't allow it. He said they were both assholes. He told me a pretty funny story about how a drunk ex-professional hockey player who got drunk all the time ended up in Bonds house by mistake. Lets just say the hockey player used some racial slurs when he thought a black guy was in his house and threatened to beat Barry up....lol While I don't use racial terminology myself...it was a hilarious story. Bonds was very close to getting hurt real bad. Of course the hockey player was totally in the wrong.
I wish some Idiot would break in my house and call me the N word. I would put a bullet in his head and a huge steak knife in his hand. Then proceed to call the proper authorities. :D

SHOTKALLIN
06-02-2005, 07:52 AM
You know what's funny about those guy, neither one grew up in the ghetto. :D People love to hate AI and Rasheed, but those two guys give a lot back. I don't know the particulars with AI, but I know that Wallace has given millions of dollars to the Detroit, Philly, Durham and Portland communities. He's been doing it since his second year in the league, even before he was making huge money.
thats beautiful....I see them in a slightly different light. kinda.

HOSS
06-02-2005, 08:03 AM
phuc `em
Barry Bonds shoots juice. Anyone shooting juice is an a hole. What a wimp. But don`t take my word for it. He was a thin guy. I believe it was the `01 season when he came back from the off-season and gained 50 pds of muscle.

Dave C
06-02-2005, 08:10 AM
no shiat. Bonds grew up in an upper class rich neighborhood and went to a private high school here in SM called Serra. I know some rich white kids that went to school with him.
He is just a spoiled rich kid and a punk.
His diatribes towards the media are funny though.
BTW that whole "I'm a victim cuz I'm a minority and screw whitey" plays really good in the local media here. Its a shame actually. :yuk:
barry bonds never lived in the ghetto and he was never a thug. If you ask me, I think he act like a stuck up rich white guy. :D

doesitfloat?
06-02-2005, 09:48 AM
One of my best friends was the Serra High basketball team captain when Bonds went there. He was a f'ing selfish, spoiled punk from day one as a freshman. I have about 15 stories about him but these 2 are my favs:
When he came back to the Bay Area from the Pirates, the Chronicle did this big "Barry coming home..." piece with interviews of all of his HS baseball teamates. Almost to a man, each guy would say stuff like, "He sure could hit the ball" (no sh!t). Not one person talked about Barry's personality or friendships. Found out later that the reporter was practically begging the players to say something good about him because almost every guy just kept talking about what a selfish, a-hole he was.
Another: I was in 8th grade watching him play him play Joe Dimaggio summer ball at Central Park in San MAteo (he was a senior). I was really excited because I was a baseball nut and had heard so much about him. Bottom of the ninth, 2 men on, 2 out, his team down by 2. The pitcher intentionally walks Bonds to first loading them up. He throws his bat and curses all the way down to first and still continues to bitch about being walked loud enough for everyone in the stands to hear. The next guy up blasts a grand slam home run to right center onto to the street (El Camino) to win the game! Everyone is screaming and cheering about this great ending. What's Barry doing to celebrate with his teamates? STILL bitchen and whining about being walked. He never did smile and walked off the field all pissed off.
He's always been a selfish prick.

Tom Brown
06-02-2005, 09:54 AM
I believe it was the `01 season when he came back from the off-season and gained 50 pds of muscle.
Maybe he exercised and ate a healthy diet?
I don't care if he hates me because I'm as white as Keith Richards before a blood transfusion. It's his loss. :cool:

doesitfloat?
06-02-2005, 10:03 AM
I have a Willie Mays story too.
A cabinet guy builds several thousands of dollars worth of custom cabinets for Willie's kitchen, baths, etc. Some real gaudy colors, finishes, BTW. Anyway, the builder has been working with Willie and in his house for weeks, to the point where he feels pretty comfortable with him. When he finished the job, Willie paid him (another story) and then the builder says, "I want to go back in and take a few pictures for my photo albums". Willie says, "Oh no you don't, that there's Willie's property now...you got to pay Willie to take pictures of Willie's property"
How f'ing pretentious!!!

Floored
06-02-2005, 10:32 AM
Had a friend in San Mateo that used to have Bonds over for babysitting and pool parties and she said he was unsocial and generally not a nice kid(read snob) but she also said his dad was a nice man, easy to get along with, away from the public eye.

cdog
06-02-2005, 10:45 AM
you wouldn't know ghetto if your car broke down in one.
Allan Iverson is GHETTO. Rasheed Wallace is GHETTO. Bonds is a pompous arrogant ASSHOLE! there is a difference.
How the fuk would you know? No class=getto in my book.

THOR
06-02-2005, 11:39 AM
How the fuk would you know? No class=getto in my book.
It isnt hard to figure out who is ghetto. Walks like a duck, talks like a duck, you know........ :hammer2:

THOR
06-02-2005, 11:45 AM
Being a self important, borish, asshole does not make you ghetto.
Dude, Iverson and Wallace are as close to ghetto as you can get.

doesitfloat?
06-02-2005, 11:51 AM
Being a self important, borish, asshole does not make you ghetto.
How about just calling them pricks (Bonds) or thugs (AI, etc )?

bigd1
06-02-2005, 11:51 AM
Give the guy a break! It's just the 'roids talkin. :D

THOR
06-02-2005, 11:52 AM
Yeh, I knew who we were talking about. Bonds isnt like by his peers, teammates, family, etc. He is just and a$$hole. Period.
Posturing an image is synonymous with 'representin'

cdog
06-02-2005, 11:57 AM
Does it really matter what word you choose to insult a moron? The whole point is to make it known that these sports people need to be accountable for their actions and words like the rest of us. They get not a penny of my money. To argue about who's getto or a plain ole POS is just lame.

meaniam
06-02-2005, 12:02 PM
barry bonds has talent but will never be out of the light it is the life he had chosen he should be a more positive role model and leader if he dont like it he should leave the game hell be forgotten in 1 yr there is a whole lot more talent out there and probably never get the chance becuase there family was not known the man should not show racial lines and should keep to himself after all, last i say he wasnt number 1 on the home run derby they had on tv last week
now for my jerry springer moument my thoughts are simple barry bonds you suck quit and shut the f@ck up you will be washed up here shortly let 1 fast ball nail you in the neck lets watch what a hitter you become barry bond and spike lee should be canned and should not recive public support
mike :devil:

THOR
06-02-2005, 12:10 PM
I will correct one thing. Barry Bonds is almost universally loved (as a baseball player) by every teammate he's ever played with, except Jeff Kent, who's a big asshole in his own right.
Not true. I have a handful of friends that have played with and against Bonds and tell me that he is hated by teammates nationwide. Kent is just one guy out of many that hate him.

THOR
06-02-2005, 12:12 PM
I have played against him and with many players that have played with and against him. You're wrong.
Well, if you say I am wrong, then I guess I am. Remind me to call my friends still playing in the league and I will them that ShockwaveBob called Bull$hit.

doesitfloat?
06-02-2005, 08:50 PM
Damn, SWBOB, most of your posts are usually spot on. But Bonds loved by his teammates? That's almost as laughable as Barry's hat size growing 5/8" in 5 years from "working out".
This guy is despised but tolerated because he's the golden child...the cash cow. You think his teammates love Barry sitting in his double wide locker area in his own special reclining chair while they're on stools?

doesitfloat?
06-02-2005, 08:51 PM
Wow, that was incredibly poorly written and made no sense. I'm assuming you're neither a Bonds fan, nor a baseball fan
On another note, I have to totally agree with this comment :D

ZZ-Man
06-03-2005, 05:39 AM
I guess Barry Bonds can run but can't hide ,the media follows him. I am a baseball fan and Barry has one of the best swings I've ever seen, and I will tell you as a person he sucks, as a player he probable have more hits than home runs only cause probably the juiced HR balls would be about 50 feet short of the HR fence. Time will tell when he ages a little more like other players who were on the juice and has some kind of sickness and cuts his life short. Only then he will wish he would have Gambled instead.

MagicMtnDan
06-03-2005, 06:13 AM
Say what you want about Bonds, you don't hit 703 HRs by cheating for 5 years. With the exception of a half season as a rookie, the guy has never failed to hit at least 25 HRs in a season. If he hadn't spent his first 7 seasons in Pittsburgh, playing in the huge NL East ballparks, he'd probably have 800 HRs by now.
Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. 25 HRs a season isn't 50 HRs a season. The guy's been on the juice for so long now he looks like a roid-freak.
If, if, if. If your engine had more cylinders it'd be a V-12. If Bonds had a personality he'd be well liked. If Bonds treated the press with any kindness at all and wasn't an asshole he be revered by the media. If Bonds was a good guy then his team mates would like him. If Bonds was a role model he'd be a hero to kids and baseball fans - even those who are oblivious to the facts about the roid-freak.
Hey SWBob, denial is not a river in Egypt, ok?
The Truth Lies in the Numbers
By Thomas Boswell
Saturday, December 4, 2004
Now we know how much of Barry Bonds was real and how much was fake. Half was a fraud.
Bonds's reputation has lived by his statistics. Now, let it die by them. Forever. Before Bonds hooked up with his old friend and alleged steroid merchant Greg Anderson in '98, he had 411 homers in 6,621 at-bats, one per 16.1 at-bats. The next two years, as he acquired and adjusted to a new body, he hit 83 in 835 at-bats, one per 10 at-bats.
In the past four seasons, from ages 37 to 40, as he has done the deeds and committed the offenses against his sport for which he will always be remembered, Bonds hit 209 home runs in 1,642 at bats -- one every 7.9 at-bats.
In those four years, Bonds won four straight National League most valuable player awards, two batting titles and set the all-time single-season records for home runs, slugging percentage, on-base percentage, walks and intentional walks.
All those records are now a steroid lie. Without Anderson's illicit help, there is no reason whatsoever to believe Bonds could have approached, much less broken, any of the all-time marks for which he lusted so much that he has now ruined his name.
Throw every record that Bonds has set in the past four years into the trash can that history reserves for cheats. We need no asterisks or erasures. Word of mouth, from box seats to bleachers, from generation to generation, will suffice. Bonds's 21st-century deeds have been obliterated in the eyes of anyone who knows baseball. Nothing will ever bring them back.
Let Bonds keep his 411 homers and three MVPs before he linked his fate to Anderson in '98, though we can't be sure what he might have used to aid his play before that. At least we now know what he's willing to use: anything that's put into his hands.
Bonds still claims he didn't know what he was taking. If you read the grand jury transcripts in yesterday's San Francisco Chronicle and still believe Bonds, then look outside your door. A line of bridge and swampland salesmen may stretch to the horizon. In baseball at least, sticking to the Big Lie as a winning strategy just isn't what it used to be. Pete Rose devalued the market.
There is no reason Bonds should ever again be considered one of the top 10 hitters who ever lived. The true elite -- including Babe Ruth, Hank Aaron, Ted Williams and Willie Mays -- are back where they belong. If you seek current players to keep them company, start with Alex Rodriguez and his 381 home runs at age 29. At that juncture, Bonds had 222.
The career of the authentic Bonds was long and well defined, lasting 12 seasons until he was 35. After that point, almost all players decline in productivity. Without Anderson in his life in recent years, Bonds's production would probably have dwindled. We'd be grouping him now with other 500-homer hitters, such as Rafael Palmeiro (551) and Ken Griffey Jr. (501), who coped with age and injury all by themselves even as Bonds, the glory thief, stole their headlines.
The jaw-dropping irony of Bonds is not that he used steroids to improve himself or slow athletic aging, but that the particular cocktail Anderson handed him actually worked too well. While other cheaters merely prospered, he rose to the skies like a god. He became so great so suddenly and stayed so young so long that his lie became larger and easier to read than the 25 on his back. His deceit and its results were so obvious that other players such as Gary Sheffield and Jason Giambi flocked to him. Sheffield's tissue-thin defense is that he merely asked Anderson to give him what Barry gets and didn't know exactly what that was -- the "clear," the "cream" and a side order of "red beans." As for Giambi, he chose honesty over perjury before a grand jury and rolled over on himself. In time, by coming clean, Giambi may eventually wash some of the dirt off himself.
They call it a devil's bargain for a reason. Because when the price comes due, it's no bargain at all. There's just hell to pay. Other BALCOs in other cities may have their own lists of sinners. That's irrelevant. Society only jails the crooks it can catch.
Few in baseball loved Bonds, who has always resented the sport for the shabby way it treated his troubled father during his own career. Armchair psychologists can wonder whether Bonds's intense and tangled relationship with his alcoholic dad spurred him to make his late father's last years, riddled with catastrophic illnesses, into a kind of son's tribute tour at any cost.
That falls into the category of explanation, but not excuse. "To know all is to forgive all," it is said. Perhaps. Understanding Bonds has always been a full day's work. Still, his manner has ensured that few hearts within the game will break for him now.
Barry wears his demons on his sleeve and has used them as an excuse throughout his career to put his ambitions and ego, his personal pain and problems, ahead of anything else. So, he shouldn't be surprised if baseball now values its own good name above his shame and discounts much of what he has done by a factor of 25 pounds of muscle that he never earned.
The glory of Roger Maris's 61 home runs, which felt heavy to him in life, became a buoyant legacy to his family after his death. The disgrace of Bonds's 73 tainted home runs will become heavier with time until even fake muscles may not bear the weight. What will the future make of all Bonds's vainglorious finger-to-the-sky home plate celebrations as if heaven was on his side when it was more likely that hell had just called a holiday?
If Bonds plays next season, many fans will boo his 500-foot homers and cheer his intentional walks. As for a 715th home run to pass Ruth, much less a 756th to surpass Aaron, the thought of it is now almost too revolting to endure. If nothing else, maybe Bonds can find the decency to retire before he passes Aaron. Last season, he raised that possibility. Now we know why.
In time, Bonds will realize that both he and his sport would have been better off if his feats of the last four years had never happened. The longer he lives, the more his "unbreakable" records, protected by better drug testing, may seem like a curse. As he ages, he will wish, perhaps even pray, that he could extinguish them all. But they will never disappear from the game's history.
For Bonds, the number 73 will only loom larger. Even as, for the rest of us, it moves toward the horizon of memory and shrinks until it finally takes its place, remote but still distinct, next to that other sad number that never entirely fades: 1919.
Source: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A33704-2004Dec3.html

MagicMtnDan
06-03-2005, 07:01 AM
Bob, Bob, Bob...
There is no "war of baseball statistics" as far as Barry Bonds is concerned.
He cheated YOUR game of baseball. He cheated you and millions of other fans and players! Get a grip on the facts. Cheaters don't deserve to be treated like heroes.
Man, are you ever in denial on this.

SB
06-03-2005, 07:42 AM
I doubt that even Bonds would make that quote. What I don't understand is why every little thing a celebrity says would be in the news. Why does Bono testify before Congress about world poverty? Why would I be interested in his opinion? Does he call me for help with his music?
I would like to take the names off the uniforms, I don't care what their names are, much less what they think, or do off the field. A news account could read: "Number 3 had a great game, and #3 is having a great season.."
Bonds is a great ballplayer, he also changed his swing to lift the homers more. I'm not worried about his legacy, I have vastly more important things to worry about. Congress should worry about more important things too.

cdog
06-03-2005, 08:21 AM
I doubt that even Bonds would make that quote. What I don't understand is why every little thing a celebrity says would be in the news. Why does Bono testify before Congress about world poverty? Why would I be interested in his opinion? Does he call me for help with his music?
I would like to take the names off the uniforms, I don't care what their names are, much less what they think, or do off the field. A news account could read: "Number 3 had a great game, and #3 is having a great season.."
Bonds is a great ballplayer, he also changed his swing to lift the homers more. I'm not worried about his legacy, I have vastly more important things to worry about. Congress should worry about more important things too.
Bono is a peckerhead who thinks americans should pay to cure aids in africa....F him. And his 100 dollar concert tickets. Why don't he pay, he can afford it. He's rich.

doesitfloat?
06-03-2005, 09:46 PM
Believe me, if you (or Mr. Boswell rather) can use statistics to "prove" that he cheated, I can use statistics to prove otherwise. .
So do it! Use statistics to prove he didn't cheat.
And he walked more because he was hitting more homeruns because he was on steroids. Duh...

SHOTKALLIN
06-03-2005, 10:06 PM
I heard that Bonds has his own special section of the locker room that the other are not allowed in. I don't know if its true. Has anyone heard similar? or can anyone verify?

MagicMtnDan
06-04-2005, 05:12 AM
Get a grip. It's baseball. The simple fact of the matter is, I really don't care that much. Believe me, if you (or Mr. Boswell rather) can use statistics to "prove" that he cheated, I can use statistics to prove otherwise. I doubt Mr. Boswell wants to get into a statistics war with me, since the stuff he used is just regurgitated crap from Sports Illustrated.
OK, since you're so clearly wrapped around the axle on this (and very much in denial about B. Bonds), answer these questions for us:
1. In your opinion, has the roid-freak used steroids for years?
2. In your opinion, is using steroids and becoming a roid-freak to improve performance cheating?
Bonus question: Why are you so heavily in denial about roid-freak?
http://www.numbmonkey.com/SeanStoryImages/isteroid_sm.jpg

ZZ-Man
06-04-2005, 06:32 AM
Don't you think it is hard to tell when Barry Bonds "allegedly" started the juice? I hope it isn't longer than anyone expected. The walks he produced were also a major factor in his opponents. They knew he was juiced so why contest it he was going to get on base hit or walk. The pitchers were intimidated thanks of course to the media spreading the word. I think the only one right now gaining anything out of this right now is Mark Mc guirre. I used to be a big fan of his but he ould only plead da fifth.

Forkin' Crazy
06-04-2005, 07:50 AM
If it were me, I would be forced to take sensitivity training...
He is a racist, plain and simple.
Here are some links-
http://mensnewsdaily.com/blog/stix/2005/06/barry-bonds-racistby-nicholas-stix.html
http://www.webcommentary.com/asp/ShowArticle.asp?id=stixn&date=050602
http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/dssports/pro/311sd2.htm

Dribble
06-04-2005, 12:21 PM
I wouldn't wipe my butt with his autograph.

THOR
06-04-2005, 12:30 PM
I heard that Bonds has his own special section of the locker room that the other are not allowed in. I don't know if its true. Has anyone heard similar? or can anyone verify?
100% correct. You are not allowed to sit in his chair or watch his TV.

meaniam
06-09-2005, 07:18 PM
that interview reminds me of one other famous sports talent.........
OJ THE GLOVE DONT FIT SIMPSON....
denial

meaniam
06-09-2005, 07:20 PM
i cant belive this story is still going. i thought i saw the last of it days ago

meaniam
06-09-2005, 08:59 PM
never heard of him? i dont care either. just feel there are better people then bonds.
mike

B-rad502
06-09-2005, 09:10 PM
Nothing would surprise me coming out of this a-hole's mouth!! He is the biggest, overpaid, jackass in pro sports! :mad:
I hope he's not able to return to baseball from his injury, he is a disgrace to the game! :mad:

SUICYCOLE DIMARCO
06-09-2005, 09:23 PM
i got his autograph......awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SUICYCOLE DIMARCO
06-09-2005, 09:23 PM
then i wiped my ass with it :2purples: