PDA

View Full Version : anyone own a Jenn-air BBQ? Need input

ryantparks
06-02-2005, 09:01 AM
Ordered 1 from Lowes today and it should be here in 2-3 weeks.
All stainless steel, 4 burner and a lifetime warranty on the burners for $750 which I thought was a smokin deal compared to Barbaques Galore which for basically the same thing its about $1200-1400.
I dont have to get this when it comes in but was curious if anyone has had any experience with this brand.

Scream
06-02-2005, 09:06 AM
I was looking at the 5 burner model. Jenn-Air is a great brand, although I don't think they had anything to do with the manufacture of this product. I looked at them at Lowes and think they are top notch as SS grills go. All the parts are SS or Brass, which is important. Had Iron grills before and the first use made them rust and flake, not good. Even the ceramic coated ones aren't that good in the long run. SS is the way to go IMO and the 4 or 5 burner model is the right one for the job.
Scream

Krazy K
06-02-2005, 09:15 AM
Barbeques Galore is still in business? I think there grills are pieces of shit! They are not worth the money you pay for them. I worked in there distribution center in Irvine for awhile. I got screwed on my hourly wage so I started throwing things around as I was putting together orders so I could get fired and collect unemployment. Got two BBQ's with my employee discount for my sister's family and my mom and stepdad. Upgraded to the brass burners. The one my sister has still is working good, one of the top of the line BBQ's. I think I got for them for about $400, retail was about $1000. The one my stepdad had went to shit.
What were we talking about??? Oh....Jenn-Air. I've heard good things about them relating to kitchen products.

Panic Button
06-02-2005, 09:31 AM
I think Ihave the one up from that, the 60000BTU. Love the thing! The only word of caution is in windy weather don't use the rotisserie, the flame blows out.
http://images.lowes.com/product/044376/044376277215.jpg?wid=158&cvt=jpeg

prozach
06-02-2005, 02:00 PM
I bought a Fire Magic and it is a piece of Sh*t. I paid like $2k for the thing and it has had nothing but problems. Don't buy a Fire Magic!!! :mad:

havasujoe93
06-02-2005, 03:46 PM
Bought the 5 burner on Monday and had a BBQ the same day, the thing is pimp.

RiverDave
06-02-2005, 03:54 PM
All stainless steel, 4 burner and a lifetime warranty on the burners for $750 which I thought was a smokin deal compared to Barbaques Galore which for basically the same thing its about $1200-1400.
I dont have to get this when it comes in but was curious if anyone has had any experience with this brand.
You can get a 4 burner all stainless grill over at Sears right now (Kenmore) for 450.00 bucks.. I think it's 45,000 BTU's? Pretty nice grill all n all. Just picked one up last night and will be putting it together today. :)
RD

Ultracrazy
06-02-2005, 03:54 PM
I have the 5 burner........great BBQ.......beer taste better too :)

RiverDave
06-02-2005, 04:01 PM
This is the other Kenmore I got a few years back from sears.. I purchased it for 800.00 and then with all the accessories etc.. it came out to be a little over a grand. 60,000 BTU's 6 Burners + Back Burner + 1 Side Burner and a huge grilling surface. I've had it for 2 years now and we run the hell out of the thing with no problems to date. (Although I do have it washed and cleaned every weekend so that might help with regards to problems?)
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/860BBQ.jpg
RD

C-2
06-02-2005, 04:07 PM
I have searched high and low for a good gas BBQ - and I'm torn between the Weber Genesis Gold and that damn Jenn Aire. The Weber is bullet proof, time tested and most importantly, cooks evenly throughout the entire grill. The Jenn Aire looks and feels solid, keep us posted.
C2<----- still pissed with his top of the line BBQ Galore que (now a worthless pile of scrap). I shoulda bought the damn Weber, the salesman bamboozled me into a bigger piece of crap.

BOBALOO
06-02-2005, 04:18 PM
I dont think i have EVER heard a bad thing said about Weber. My cousins lasted 15 years and was natural gas. It didn't wear out but just got too old looking.
Jenn aire supposedly makes some good stuff also.
My 10$ el cheapo propane grill was cooking up some Killer burgers on the channel and at the main sandbar last weekend also.
It was probably made in China. I keep it on the boat and use it every trip out there

Blacksheep
06-02-2005, 04:19 PM
I bought the exact one back in Nov. I bought the natural gas version. Had a line run out to the deck with a shut off valve. Don't have to worry about running out of gas anymore :) I love it...It's the nicest grill I ever bought and for $750, I think it was a great deal!!!

havasujoe93
06-02-2005, 05:34 PM
My buddy bought the top of the line Jenn-Air this weekend, 60000 BTU's all stainless, the whole nine. The thing kicks A$$. He bought it from Lowes as well, the best price on Memorial weekend.

ryantparks
06-02-2005, 07:02 PM
So my wife was able to get it today for my b-day and it was sitting in the garage when I got home from work, hopefully my big gift will be tonight!
I think I'll keep her and my wife too.

ROZ
06-02-2005, 08:21 PM
Nice thing about the Jenair is the lid... great heavy construction and easy to open and close

RiverDave
06-03-2005, 10:23 AM
Somebody post some pictures up of this Jenn Air.. and the competing Weber.. I'd like to see them.
I know alot of shit has been talked on BBQ's galore.. I think they are making their own ques named "viking" now?
Anybody have any experience with DCS (Dynamic Cooking Systems) grills? I've been told in the past that they are basically the "benzo's" of grills.. They have more trick features then anyone else that's fo shizzle.
RD <--- BBQ lover

ROZ
06-03-2005, 10:47 AM
Viking, the professional cooktop company, is now making bbq's... Was looking at a killer range for the house, and it was like 12k... I'll pass...
DCS makes good sheit... I think it was the brand the sales person at Home Expo was raving about...

cdog
06-03-2005, 11:02 AM
I bought the costco 389.00 one a couple of months back and am very happy with it. The have the deluxe version for 800 and that one is huge. The grates are tubular stainless and are easy to clean. It also has a pullout drip pan in the bottom that I used for smoker chips and the heating iron and dubed it as a smoker. Great BBQ They are also made by charbroil. I was picky with the construstion and wanted a inclosed area for the wiring system so the dog would'nt get to it like the last one. The ignition system works real good also. My wife can figure it out, so that says alot. :D