PDA

View Full Version : Looking to buy towards the end of the year

River918
06-02-2005, 01:14 PM
Well,
After being away from boating for about 3 years, my wife and I went to Havasu with friends for Memorial Weekend and we now have the fever (again). Our last boat was a Hallett 245, which we sold in 2002. We have since bought a toyhauler (2006 Weekend Warrior FSC3200) , quads and a lifted golf cart. The trailer has only been used ONCE and it looks like it is going bye, bye (any takers). Anyway, I am looking at spending around 80k and would like to get something in the 25' to 29' range. I'm not looking for outrageous speeds, just something with a Mag HO engine package. I have been looking at Shockwave, Hallett, Commander, Conquest, Nordic or Magic. Anyone have any contacts at any of the these companies that might be willing to work a deal for an end of the year build/purchase? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help and we hope see you you all real soon at the river.

River918
06-02-2005, 01:20 PM
I'm Sorry,,,
Closed bow or Open Bow/Cuddy Cabin - V bottom.

Beer-30
06-02-2005, 01:28 PM
Look in the active thread about someone wanting a 28' V. Lots of info there. My only problem with the Nordics is the smaller passengers areas. Almost all of the others have noticeably larger helm / open bow areas. I am sure there is a reason, I'm not knocking it. It just didn't work for my needs. Hope it helps.
BTW, post some pics of your trailer. My friends have a 27' Warrior that they are looking to sell to a friend and want a fifth wheel model. The 3200 is fifth, right?

Beer-30
06-02-2005, 02:06 PM
Well,
After being away from boating for about 3 years, my wife and I went to Havasu with friends for Memorial Weekend and we now have the fever (again). Our last boat was a Hallett 245, which we sold in 2002. We have since bought a toyhauler (2006 Weekend Warrior FSC3200) , quads and a lifted golf cart. The trailer has only been used ONCE and it looks like it is going bye, bye (any takers). Anyway, I am looking at spending around 80k and would like to get something in the 25' to 29' range. I'm not looking for outrageous speeds, just something with a Mag HO engine package. I have been looking at Shockwave, Hallett, Commander, Conquest, Nordic or Magic. Anyone have any contacts at any of the these companies that might be willing to work a deal for an end of the year build/purchase? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help and we hope see you you all real soon at the river.
Also, look at SleekCraft/Magic's webpage at their "current inventory" There are some great deals to be had. NASHVILLEBOUND, here on the boards, just dropped off the "01 Ultra 24'7" XS, has a bitchen blue whippled motor, ext steering, tabs, all the goodies. I'm pretty sure it could be had for $55K.
They have a 26' LaveyCraft NuEra there also. Don't know what they want for it. There are some great used deals out there.

RiverDave
06-02-2005, 02:09 PM
Look in the active thread about someone wanting a 28' V. Lots of info there. My only problem with the Nordics is the smaller passengers areas. Almost all of the others have noticeably larger helm / open bow areas. I am sure there is a reason, I'm not knocking it. It just didn't work for my needs. Hope it helps.
BTW, post some pics of your trailer. My friends have a 27' Warrior that they are looking to sell to a friend and want a fifth wheel model. The 3200 is fifth, right?
Not to keep disagreeing with you.. ;) But the Nordic's have a huge open bow. My 22' fits more people then most 25's - 28's!! I can fit 12 in the boat no problems.. 14 is kind of a squeeze, plus coolers etc..
Case in point.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/860Picture_099.jpg
RD

Beer-30
06-02-2005, 02:16 PM
My comparison is not about 22's vs. 28-30s. That's apples to oranges. For a 22, maybe you have the larger open bow area. Hell, I don't know.
Park a 28 Heat and a 28 Eliminator side by side. Start measuring wall to wall and length of the open areas. I have never seen the mid-cuddy, so I can't speak for that. I have ridden in the passenger seat of a 28 Eagle XP and it seemed like my wife (on the rear bench) was in a different zip code.
I saw a 28 Heat and the guy point out to me the difference in the passenger areas. There were five people in the driver / rear bench area, standing, and they were chest to chest / arm to arm (sometimes not a bad thing). That's all I was pointing out. I am sure the Nordics have more to offer than other boats in other ways. I'm NOT RUNNING THEM DOWN. It's just an observation, no disrespect intended.

CrazyHippy
06-02-2005, 03:53 PM
not to take anything from nordic, or the others, but coming from a Hallett... :idea:
BJH

Steamin' Rice
06-02-2005, 03:59 PM
not to take anything from nordic, or the others, but coming from a Hallett... :idea:
BJH
I went from a Hallett to Shockwave and never regretted it.. :) There are a lot of good builders out here...

C-2
06-02-2005, 04:10 PM
burtandnancy from this board has a 30' Hallett for sale in that price range. Clean azz boat and one of a kind I think. Do a search under his name.

C-2
06-02-2005, 04:11 PM
I went from a Hallett to Shockwave and never regretted it.. :) There are a lot of good builders out here...
Greg :hammer2: :hammer2: :hammer2: :hammer2:

River918
06-02-2005, 04:37 PM
It's not a 5th wheel, but here's a picture of it....it has a pop-out also
http://www.socaps.com/photopost/data/500/medium/P5150077.JPG
http://www.socaps.com/photopost/data/500/medium/P5150079.JPG
More pictures at: http://www.socaps.com/photopost/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/405

Steamin' Rice
06-02-2005, 04:45 PM
Greg :hammer2: :hammer2: :hammer2: :hammer2:
How's your Hallett doing?? :hammer2: :hammer2:

Havasu_Dreamin
06-02-2005, 05:31 PM
You already had a Hallett so why not go with them again and get a 270 (http://www.hallettboats.com/270-s.html)? Essex is also coming out with a new 27 ft v and the plug looks awesome. How about a Howard 28 Bullet (http://www.howardboats.com/28_bullet.html)?

River918
06-02-2005, 05:42 PM
You already had a Hallett so why not go with them again and get a 270 (http://www.hallettboats.com/270-s.html)? Essex is also coming out with a new 27 ft v and the plug looks awesome. How about a Howard 28 Bullet (http://www.howardboats.com/28_bullet.html)?
I would love to stick with a Hallett, but they are getting really expensive. The 270 with a mag ho is starting at 84,300...(without other options and tax etc...) a little more than i want to spend. we like the 255 and we might go with that. It's hard to believe how much prices have gone up. When we got our 245, which is basically the same as the 255 (they took the top off the 245 and the bottom of the 240), it was only $51,000.00 OTD. Now it starts at $75K before tax, options, etc..... I got a rough price for a Shockwave C/B with a Mag HO for 62K + tax lic etc. I'm hoping I can beat that price in December or January. I LOVE THE HALLETT, but I don't know if I can afford it.... :idea:

INSman
06-02-2005, 06:18 PM
Even though I have a new 29' Shockwave, many here on the boards have either owned or rode in a 25' Shockwave and have LOVED it !!! Can go in the ocean pretty easily and is a very big 25' that will hold it's own against most 2-3' bigger boats.
Tell Barry at Shockwave that you are serious, and he will make you a "Pre" boat show deal that can't be beat... :D

River918
06-02-2005, 06:35 PM
Even though I have a new 29' Shockwave, many here on the boards have either owned or rode in a 25' Shockwave and have LOVED it !!! Can go in the ocean pretty easily and is a very big 25' that will hold it's own against most 2-3' bigger boats.
Tell Barry at Shockwave that you are serious, and he will make you a "Pre" boat show deal that can't be beat... :D
I have talked to Barry before, in fact we actually ordered a boat two January's ago from him. At that time they were paying the sales tax and I got a great deal. I had to back out due to an unforseen major expense. I am hoping I can get him to work that same deal for me this December or January...

INSman
06-02-2005, 06:38 PM
I have talked to Barry before, in fact we actually ordered a boat two January's ago from him. At that time they were paying the sales tax and I got a great deal. I had to back out due to an unforseen major expense. I am hoping I can get him to work that same deal for me this December or January...
I am sure labor costs and raw materials have gone up over the past (2) years, but he will try his hardest to get as close as humanly possible, and Frenchie who just sold his 25' can attest to the resale value :cool:

Teabagger
06-02-2005, 06:38 PM
I got a rough price for a Shockwave C/B with a Mag HO for 62K + tax lic etc. I'm hoping I can beat that price in December or January. I LOVE THE HALLETT, but I don't know if I can afford it.... :idea:
Was that new? What model was that if you don't mind me asking? I'm in the market too, but ready now.

River918
06-02-2005, 06:48 PM
Was that new? What model was that if you don't mind me asking? I'm in the market too, but ready now.
25 Tremor

jbtrailerjim
06-03-2005, 05:16 AM
Take a look at the Ultra 28 Stealth. Everyone at Ultra is great to deal with. I highly recommend them to anyone in the market for a new boat. John West the owner of Ultra is on here. He goes by ULTRA28. PM him and he will answer any questions you have or stop by there new Corona location before you go to Shockwave. It's on the right hand side on Maple right off the 91fwy. Talk to John D. or Bob. they will take good care of you also. They had a 28 Stealth in there a couple of weeks ago when I was there. Good luck in your search for a new boat. :)