PDA

View Full Version : SPAM 78 18 gullwing

Jake W2
06-02-2005, 02:05 PM
Well I have been kicking around the idea of sell off my project and all the parts.
I would like to get 1500 for the hull and trailer.
Hull has been regelled black on the deck sides and transom.Stringers have been wraped in carbon fiber .Beilge has been gelled black and gunwhale suports gelled black.
Hull comes with new wheel,rex billet hub,new searing cable,new forward and reverse cable,Rex billet shift lever,beedee black guages and billet bezzels new key switch with bezzel,2 black coated dumps,new stearing extsion.billet grab handel.Full length rails with seat mounts .MPD machined intake with back cut shoe and ride plate with custom stiffners.
Trailer is tandem has new crome wheels and new tires.I haver cut off the steps and fenders.It comes with new fenders and inner guards,new led lights,and new trailer hook up.It will need to be sand blasted and new fender mounts put on and painted ect but it fits the hull nice and is a good trailer with a detach toung.
The hull has a new lime green stripe and 2 deck arrows you guys have not seen a pic of yet.It is gell and is not finished but i do have the gel to finish it along with some plat grey to accenbt it.All will come with hull and trailer.i do have the title for both and are in my name.
If I sell the hull and trailer I have alot of other stuff to sell also nice stuff for a good price.
I do have the race buckets for the boat they are covered in dark grey tweed with 2 small black stripes.They do not come with it but could for 300 more bucks.all so something else to consider is I have a custom loader with 6 in blocker for the hull 100 bucks for it not included.
PM or call me 816 331 1545
Jake

Jake W2
06-02-2005, 02:09 PM
I forgot it comes with new black ano rub rail also.
Jake

Wicked Performance Boats
06-02-2005, 02:12 PM
Why Jake? I know you love gullwings. Say it isn't so. Just finish putting her together and drive her once. Then sell her if'n you don't like her. Budlight :frown:

Jake W2
06-02-2005, 02:18 PM
I am selling it because I bought a Fen family boat.It is a 20 foot Baja Outlaw.
I bought it so my wife and I could enjoy the lake and I could work on my project as I wanted to but I think I will just sell it so I can stop throwing money at it.
Jake

Wicked Performance Boats
06-02-2005, 02:31 PM
I am selling it because I bought a Fen family boat.It is a 20 foot Baja Outlaw.
I bought it so my wife and I could enjoy the lake and I could work on my project as I wanted to but I think I will just sell it so I can stop throwing money at it.
Jake
Ugh, it's like getting an abortion. Something you need to do but hate doing it. Good luck, it'll make a great project boat for someone. Allright guys, here's a original Earl Smith gullwing for sale, jump on it!! Budlight

Jetmugg
06-02-2005, 02:44 PM
Somebody will be getting a big head start on a great boat. I'm almost tempted to buy the boat back from you Jake. It's one of those "I wish I still had that boat" feelings.
It would be a great budget bracket boat.
PS= Jake you might want to tow it to St Louis for the SLDBA races next weekend. That would be a great place to sell it.
Steve.

Jake W2
06-02-2005, 02:53 PM
Yea Steve if it sells I am sure I will kick my self later.
I think the hull with all the stuff is worth more but since I started on the green stripe it put it back to project statis.
Jake

slotracer
06-02-2005, 03:08 PM
dam jake to bad you are so far away. i am going to be needing another project pretty soon.
pat(slotracer) :D

fleetimus
06-02-2005, 03:41 PM
Don"t Sell It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

V-DRIVE VIDEO
06-02-2005, 07:07 PM
A friend has been trying to call but says no one answers and theres no machine to leave a mesage?

Jetmugg
06-02-2005, 07:19 PM
Whoever gets this boat will have a short trip to happy-boaters-land.
SteveM.

Jake W2
06-02-2005, 07:22 PM
V drive 1816 331 1545 is that the number he has been calling if so i have been here all night.and i have an answering machine.
Jake

V-DRIVE VIDEO
06-02-2005, 07:23 PM
I'll check. :cool:

Jake W2
06-02-2005, 08:49 PM
If some one wants the whole project I will sell it for 4500 this will include
Lighting MFG polished billet alum stringer mount foot petal and cable
Billet optima battery holder and optima battery NEW
REX billet oil relocater and engine relocater. NEW
Jetaway NEW
DPS inducer detailed by MPD and shaft machined
SS AB berk imp detailed by MPD
Berk Droop NEW
Place diverter hydrolic FTN with red and blue incerts
MPD 6 in blocked loader
DPS new style shaft seal (no crapy packings)
New bearings seals ect in pump
Aggressor bowl with cradel with stuffer and flowed buy MPD
Prime a jet
2 race buckets with dark grey tweed covers
10 Gallon T IMCO tank
Basset short stright headers lines t ect NEW
Sheet alum valve covers with Eddie marine breathers
REX SS carb scoop with alum flam arestor
REX billet carb distrbution block and gas cable plate
Biggs 750 stage 3 Holley carb black with crome bowls
2 inch billet spacer for carb
NX N2O kit with bottle jets carb plate ect(the whole kit) NEW
billet SB products Bottle holder
Victor intake NEW has been sanded to start the polishing process
MSD 6 AL box blaster 2 coil and billet distrbuter
Eddie marine billet coil holder
460 FORD stock compresion comp Magun cam lifters 429 timing chain gears(rest is stock in the motor)
Canton Racing 2 trap door windage tray jet oil pan with new oil pump)
Billet March pulley to turn alt
Crome alt
flex plate ,button, two pice drive line
Rail kit
CP preformance polished alum Drive line cover
6 motor to rail billet mounting blocks
New staering wheel
new REX billet hub adapter
new stearing cable (new system)
new forward and reverse cable
REX billet shifter
billet grab handel
Beedee guages black
guage bezels
99 percent of the braded lines made or new to plum the whole thing fuel water ect.
Holley fuel pump
Clay smith fuel pump NEW
1978 PJB Earl Smith 18 gullwing
and tandem trailer
Royal purple oil K and N oil filter
I am tired of typing there might be more I will neeed to think about it.
Jake

Roman 1
06-02-2005, 09:12 PM
nice grocery list :2purples: your definatly not asking enough
R1

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
06-02-2005, 10:07 PM
JAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :frown: :frown: Are you flippin serious??????? Your killing me brotha!!! :cry: :cry: You have waaaaay to much time and money invested in that thing. Jake dont do it to us,please......... If I didnt buy the kachina I would have bought your boat in a heartbeat. Thats waaaayyyyy too cheap for all that nice stuff. Your giving it away for that. Where are you located? My friend might buy it. Let me talk to him tomorrow. Or he can buy it from you and I will trade him;)

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
06-02-2005, 10:11 PM
Jake dont sell it!!!!!!! start assembling it and watch it grow like a child. Can someone please talk this man into keeping it!!!! I have followed you too damn far to watch it all come to an end! Jake, you know how I feel about people that do all thier own work. I have mad respect for that sh!t..........cause I do it myself...................

Squirtin Thunder
06-02-2005, 10:17 PM
Jake -
After all this you are quiting ???
I think you are on Drugs !!!
Quiters never win !!!
I just can't beleave it !!!
Jim

moneysucker
06-02-2005, 10:55 PM
ST, when it comes to selling off a project boat , quitters never win but they finish less behind than if they finish. Jake, Too bad you live so damn far away, I would be on that like Oprah on a baked ham. Good luck. When it gets closer to Ca I will be ready for it. I have a 750 Mi. limit on boat buying now.

Bottle Fed
06-02-2005, 11:58 PM
Hey money sucker, all ready giving up on the south wind thing. WOW!! Sorry to hear you are selling Jake but sometimes it happens. I love my gullwing most of the time. The only time I wish I had something else is on busy holiday weekends. If it was heavier it would be easier to drive on those weekends. Well good luck Jake And I would consider buying it but I all ready have one.

Jake W2
06-03-2005, 04:34 AM
It is located in Belton Missouri rite out side of Kansas city clost to the Kansas state line.
Not trying to be a quiter just am not going to spend any more money on it rite now.So thought some one else might enjoy it rather than it sitting and colectiong dust.
Jake

Squirtin Thunder
06-03-2005, 08:17 AM
It is located in Belton Missouri rite out side of Kansas city clost to the Kansas state line.
Not trying to be a quiter just am not going to spend any more money on it rite now.So thought some one else might enjoy it rather than it sitting and colectiong dust.
Jake
Jake,
You have put so much time and effort into that boat, it is part of you now.
Jim

superdave013
06-03-2005, 08:30 AM
You know, I've thought about doing the same thing more then once.
Jake, if you don't just HAVE TO HAVE the money and it sounds like you don't, just cover it up and come back to it at a later date.

Carnivalride
06-03-2005, 08:49 AM
You know, I've thought about doing the same thing more then once.
Jake, if you don't just HAVE TO HAVE the money and it sounds like you don't, just cover it up and come back to it at a later date.
I know it sucks! :( :( :( I've been working on mine for over 5 years now (since sept 99) off and on, the fun and enjoyment on this project has at times become basically non-existant. :hammerhea :hammerhea Since I tried to revamp mine I've had a child, he's had to have surgery, been laid off, worked traveling contract, got a new job and the company is selling out along with trying to keep my wife and other two sons happy. But it's almost done now and I can't tell you how glad I am that I stuck it out.
Good Luck, I'd say keep it if you can

Jake W2
06-03-2005, 09:12 AM
Super D I hear you ,even my wife said keep it and come back to it later.
Well see what happnes.
I think it is amazing that you guys care if I keep it or not that is pretty cool of you guys thanks.
Jake

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
06-03-2005, 06:59 PM
Well see what happnes.
I think it is amazing that you guys care if I keep it or not that is pretty cool of you guys thanks.
Jake
You need to listen to us;) You know us hotrod boat guys are family. Even with a little bickering here and there we still have each others backs no matter what;) Thats why I own a hotrod on water;) Oh and yes we care if you sell it. Listen to the wifey and keep it;)
Michael

Wicked Performance Boats
06-03-2005, 07:43 PM
Jake, Just look at it as a future boat. You know when your wife divorces you, you'll still have one boat!! j/k keep it. Budlight

Jake W2
06-03-2005, 07:47 PM
Hey Bud when is the new hull and deck gona be poped?
Jake

Jetmugg
06-03-2005, 07:51 PM
Jake:
Did you get my email?
Steve

Jake W2
06-03-2005, 07:52 PM
Not yet Steve.I will check it.
Jake

Jake W2
06-03-2005, 07:55 PM
I did not get anything.I do have a new email address it is
jakewitt@sbcglobal.net
Jake

Jetmugg
06-03-2005, 07:59 PM
I used the "email Jake" feature through ***boat. It must not have gone through.
Steve.

Wicked Performance Boats
06-03-2005, 08:15 PM
Hey Bud when is the new hull and deck gona be poped?
Jake
Haven't laid one up yet. Still working on a layup man. Budlight

Jake W2
06-03-2005, 08:24 PM
Did you get any pics of the deck that been pulled out of that mold?
Jake

Wicked Performance Boats
06-03-2005, 08:27 PM
no the boat was already sold. the only pics I have are old polaroids Budlight

Jake W2
06-03-2005, 08:30 PM
Wow that was fast did you look at the tunnel mold he had?
Jake

Wicked Performance Boats
06-03-2005, 08:34 PM
I saw it over in the corner, but didn't eyef**k it. but I saw his personal boat from it. nice boat very well thought out. Budlight

Jake W2
06-05-2005, 07:05 AM
Here is some pics of the green and seats and seat mounts.
Seat mounts
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2006IMG_0426_018.jpg
Seats
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2006IMG_0428_020.jpg
Green on deck
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2006IMG_0435_027.jpg
Green on back
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2006IMG_0436_028.jpg
Jake

Squirtin Thunder
06-05-2005, 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake W2
Well see what happnes.
Jake
You need to listen to us;) You know us hotrod boat guys are family. Even with a little bickering here and there we still have each others backs no matter what;) Thats why I own a hotrod on water;) Oh and yes we care if you sell it. Listen to the wifey and keep it;)
Michael
OK Jake you have a wife that suports you on keeping it. Don't even think about getting rid of it !!!!

wsuwrhr
06-05-2005, 07:15 AM
Don't do it.
Brian

Jake W2
06-05-2005, 07:24 PM
What you guys dont like green?
Here is a pic of the motor it does have a Canton racing oil pan and eddie breathers on it now all so.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2006biggs.jpg
Jake

Jake W2
06-05-2005, 07:37 PM
Pics of the pump it does have Eddie Marine ss lines for the place diverter and bulk head through fittings.And Earl black ano fittings ss line and bulk head for water inlett.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/2006bkgwp.jpg
Jake

Jake W2
06-05-2005, 07:48 PM
another pic
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2006IMG_0395_011.jpg
Jake

HotRod Sprint
06-05-2005, 08:23 PM
Jake, please take the advice and DON'T sell it! I know how much of a labor of love this is for you. And you even have your wife telling you not to sell, that is a huge bonus. Go enjoy the summer in the family boat and keep the project under a tarp until you feel like working on it again.
Rod

Jake W2
06-06-2005, 04:17 AM
Thanks guys but I am pretty dead set on selling it.
Jake

fleetimus
06-06-2005, 02:43 PM
JAKE,
You once PM'd me for not responding to your posts. Now I am responding. You will forever regret selling the gullwing. I have a couple of land vehicle projects I have considered selling, but know I would regret it. So, they are hanging aroung the shop until i am ready. Listen to everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TRG
06-06-2005, 03:21 PM
jake, be on the level here!
why are you really getting rid of the boat?
did you take a ride in a quick gullwing and it scared the crap out of you???lol
dont take my post seriously, just a lil bored right now!
Todd

flat broke
06-06-2005, 03:33 PM
Maybe he has other reasons, maybe its a space issue, who knows. I can see both sides of the argument, but one thing we all know is that from a $$ standpoint it would take more money to finish it. If he sells now, he has $$ back in his pocket and maybe life is a little less cluttered. Throw the cooler in the Baja and go to the lake with the family for the weekend.... I can appreciate the "get in and enjoy the damn thing" side of his new boat.
The flip side of the coin is like SD said, if it isn't costing you anything ($$, grief from the wife, storage, etc.) to keep it, and you don't need the $$ in a bad way. You don't lose anything by shelfing the project and revisiting it at a later date.
Either way, the most surprising part of all this, is the fact that it hasn't sold yet. Like many of us have said on the thread and in PMs, if it was closer, it would be gone.
I wasn't sure how I'd like the green on the black, but with some grey pins around it, it would look pretty good. If you don't have to sell it Jake... Don't. But if you just want to, or need to, good luck with the sale.
Chris

Jake W2
06-06-2005, 05:47 PM
I dont have a sad storie or a need for the cash.Really I have a ton of money in it most parts are new.I would really be better off selling it in pieces.
Original I was going to buy a Daycruzer and revamp it and have both,then after seeing the 21 Papp stealth with the blower and hat motor I was like that is where it is at.So I looked in to one hull was like 15000 no trailer or int and thought about using my parts.Really like Hachjobs new Dana(southwind and asked time after time the cost of one with no answer).So I started looking for a 87through90 220 sport Baja you can get one with bigblock for around 12000 in nice shape and turned up nada for about 2 years they are around if you want to go way up east for a slat water ran one.(and was going to keep my gullwing)then saw the 20 Bajas and called on a used one down at BigThunder Marine a major place if you boat in LOTO and they had a special on the new 03s that never sold the payments were the same as buying the used one so that is how i ended up with it.No its not a jet no it does not have a big block and it is not a Cali custom boat .It does how ever have more freeboard,does make some noise with the through transom exaust it can fit 5 people (its a hard deck)in it and it can stay on the lake all weekend long and has a nice snap cover to keep the BATS out over nite.My wife really likes it you know it rides good has a cD player ect.
I really did not want to spam the Earl on here for fear of felling like a sellout.I allways laughed at the Bajas ect calld them bath tub boats.But I tell you I like my bath tub more than I thought I would.And if you guys dont like that your really not going to like what I have to say next I will probely get a V drive project for the next go around.I would not mind having a nice heavy Sanger Bubble deck.dont get me wrong I have really enjoyed my jets but would like to own them all befor it is all said and done.
If I do not sell the Earl it will be ok with me and I will eventualy get it done but wont be this summer because after working on something for 2 years and wishing I had a boat to use now I do and will.
Agine I really think its cool of you guys to say what you have.I figured I had GULLWINGED you guys all out buy now.I think it is a good deal for some one but if it does not sell thats cool to Ill GETRDONE some day.
Jake

Jake W2
06-06-2005, 06:04 PM
If any one has a V drive they want to trade I am all ears.(hondo,sanger,ect)
Would like a Biser K boat(psyiiiiiiiiiiike). :p
Jake

76elimspecial
06-06-2005, 07:23 PM
You Don't By Chance Have A Set Of Headers Do Ya???

Jake W2
06-06-2005, 07:30 PM
Why yes I do BRAND new short stright Bassetts but not for sale at this time I might have the whole thing sold?
Jake

76elimspecial
06-06-2005, 07:52 PM
Why yes I do BRAND new short stright Bassetts but not for sale at this time I might have the whole thing sold?
Jake
IF YOU DECIDE TO SELL PLEASE PM ME!!!! AZLUM44@YAHOO.COM

Bow Hunter
06-06-2005, 07:52 PM
I talked to you the other night (video guys friend). Is the boat available? Kinda sounds like it might be sold? If your still looking for a buyer call me asap (909) 915-8251 Thanks,
Chad :cool:

Jake W2
06-06-2005, 08:15 PM
Hey Chad I think it might be sold will know tomarrow.If any thing changes I will let you know.
Jake

Jake W2
06-07-2005, 07:18 PM
Here is a pic of some of the parts it comes with.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2006IMG_0447_039.jpg
Jake

Jetmugg
06-07-2005, 08:08 PM
Jake:
It will be an honor to give all those fine parts a new home.
Steve.

Jake W2
06-07-2005, 08:24 PM
Its only rite she goes back home. :cry:
Jake

flat broke
06-09-2005, 12:22 PM
Now that's a good end to this story. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust :D I'm assuming by Steve's post looking for tanks and having a T'tank available soon, that he is the new owner of his old boat?
Chris

Jetmugg
06-09-2005, 12:27 PM
I'm already having visions of myself burnin' gas and haulin' ass. I think it's been quite a while since this particular boat has been in the water.
It has a pretty cool history, also, dating back to Duane O's son (I believe) rigging and racing it in the late 70's or early 80's.
Steve.

flat broke
06-09-2005, 01:32 PM
Good to hear. I remember pics of your old open bow CP when I first started poking around on Real Jet Boats.com. I think it's cool you got through the job change/move etc. and are going to be sittin in the drivers seat of a gull wing again.
Chris

Jake W2
06-09-2005, 05:40 PM
Its been through a tonado at Duanes shop also. :jawdrop:
I am not to sure about Duanes son driving it he said the same thing about Fleets boat also. :idea: It could have been though I think it was raced by some one in Texas at one time .I wish I could have made out the name painted on the back but was to far gone.
I am glad Steve is going to buy it back he is the one who saved it from the feild.
Jake

Jake W2
06-15-2005, 05:17 PM
SOLD
Jake

Jetmugg
06-15-2005, 06:08 PM
She's safe and sound in my driveway right now. Thanks for everything Jake, it's always been a pleasure doing business with you. I'm going to get started un-packing everything and mocking up the pump and engine tomorrow night. I'm sure I'll have more questions (mostly about gelcoat) before the project is done.
Thanks again,
SteveM.