PDA

View Full Version : POLL: Should I bring the band to OP6C?

clownpuncher
06-03-2005, 11:25 AM
I was thinking of having the band that plays at our restaurant come out for OP6C. They play classic rock and newer stuff like Match Box 20, Sublime etc. After talking to a couple of board members and getting good responses I decided to poll the rest of y'all.
My idea was to get a pontoon boat anchored off at the lower sand bar. Have the band set up on the tooner and let em play for us. All I'd need to do was rent the boat from somewhere and buy a generator (always needed one anyhow).
If the poll indicates that the vast majority would like it then I'll move forward. If most would rather not have a band then no biggee.
This of course will be pending until I get full permission from the authorities. Boatcop?

riverbound
06-03-2005, 11:33 AM
If I can help in any way, let me know.

Ziggy
06-03-2005, 11:35 AM
Ah ha, I figured the Generator fit in there somewhere. :p :D :D

Waldo
06-03-2005, 11:49 AM
I think it's a good idea. Then you wouldn't have eveyone's stereos drowning out everyone's stereos.
All the announcements/prizes/competitions/etc. could broadcast on the tooner boat too.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
06-03-2005, 12:02 PM
I think its a kickass idea! :rollside:

clownpuncher
06-03-2005, 12:02 PM
I think it's a good idea. Then you wouldn't have eveyone's stereos drowning out everyone's stereos.
All the announcements/prizes/competitions/etc. could broadcast on the tooner boat too.
Actually, that's the same thing I was thinking. We have lots of killer systems amongst the board members. I can imagine what it'd be like trying to compete for sound. Never did think about the announcement deal. Good plan

ROZ
06-03-2005, 12:07 PM
I think the problem is that it's beginning to look more like an event rather than just a bunch of peeps showing up in the same location by coinsidence and having a party... I think ya need permits for all that other stuff....

HOSS
06-03-2005, 12:07 PM
Can I vote? :messedup:

Krumbsnatcher
06-03-2005, 12:10 PM
I was thinking of having the band that plays at our restaurant come out for OP6C. They play classic rock, newer stuff like Match Box 20, Sublime etc. After talking to a couple of board members and getting good responses I decided to poll the rest of y'all.
My idea was to get a pontoon boat anchored off at the lower sand bar. Have the band set up on the tooner and let em play for us. All I'd need to do was rent the boat from somewhere and buy a generator (always needed one anyhow).
If the poll indicates that the vast majority would like it then I'll move forward. If most would rather not have a band then no biggee.
This of course will be pending until I get full permission from the authorities. Boatcop?
You will get cited if you start playing a band without a permit, just like you will get ticketed if you sell stuff at the sandbar.

clownpuncher
06-03-2005, 12:12 PM
If all it's gonna take is a permit than I'll gladly pay that. As far as an event? That's C.R.I.T. PD roll area. Couple more phone calls :D

clownpuncher
06-03-2005, 12:13 PM
Can I vote? :messedup:
Well hell yeah ya can

RiverDave
06-03-2005, 12:24 PM
Well I'm not an expert on the laws.. but why would the law care if someone was playing live music on a pontoon boat? I see people playing accoustic guitars all the time?
RD

boatnam2
06-03-2005, 12:29 PM
what about trying to have them play at the vfw hall saturday night.dont know if the place does that(probaly do)just about in the middle of where everyone is staying(across form the keys).or the sand bar is cool also,i can maybe get a pontoon boat if it is fixed it is in for repairs right now.

clownpuncher
06-03-2005, 12:51 PM
OK, so far the Blue Water is cool with it and the CRIT PD doesn't really care. Because of the regatta/competition or whatever that same time, the USCG will supposedly be there too.

TheLurker
06-03-2005, 05:00 PM
Awsome thought CP , If the logistics can be taken care of.

*BN*
06-03-2005, 05:17 PM
You will get cited if you start playing a band without a permit, just like you will get ticketed if you sell stuff at the sandbar.
Did he say the band was going to sell?

clownpuncher
06-04-2005, 12:24 PM
OK, looks like it's a go, unless I get a lot more no votes. RD hooked us up with a pontoon. Now all I gotta do is buy a generator and play logistics chief for a while.
BTW, I'm gonna keep this poll near the top so's the folks at the river this week end will have a chance to voice their opinion too.