PDA

View Full Version : Magic Deck vs. Conquest Deck

SDLifesaver
06-04-2005, 05:26 AM
I am going for test rides in both of these boats on Tuesday afternoon. Our boat is in the trader for sale and these two boats are front runners. Any input on why I should lean either way would be a HUGE help. I am going to drive up to Howard in a few weeks to look at the under construction Deck boat they have but my focus at this point is the 2 boats above. Please help. We have a 110,000 budget OTD so best boat with the most stuff at the best price will win but I need input on interior, trailer, fit and finish, gel work, CUSTOMER SERVICE, rattles, hums, WIND, ect. Please help. Nick

Troubles No More
06-04-2005, 06:35 AM
I was at Howard yesterday and the new sport deck is out of the spray room and they where applying the glass. I would think that it will be out of the mold in two weeks.
Before I purchased my Howard, I look at Magic & Conquest deck boats and they where both about 100k and a little out of my range but I like them both. Good luck

boatnam2
06-04-2005, 06:56 AM
i would try and take a spin in a lavey deckboat also jsu so you can compare everythjing out there.i rode in a magic and a conquest liked both boat.

Ken Meyers
06-04-2005, 06:57 AM
I drove both of these boats. I own the Conquest which is a little softer ride.I think the Magic has better service. Magic has a 8 month wait and Conquest has a 4month wait.

shockwavebd
06-04-2005, 07:03 AM
Conquest.....Talk to Kieth..............

RiverOtter
06-04-2005, 07:31 AM
I was at Howard yesterday and the new sport deck is out of the spray room and they where applying the glass. I would think that it will be out of the mold in two weeks.
Before I purchased my Howard, I look at Magic & Conquest deck boats and they where both about 100k and a little out of my range but I like them both. Good luck
I thought a Howard would be more expensive than the Conquest or Magic? Thought Howard was kinda the "Rolls Royce" of boats. (In price and qualilty)
Got any pics of the Howard Deck?

All IN
06-04-2005, 07:43 AM
Maybe There Is Reason That Magic Has A Wait. Its A Better Boat. Best Deck Boat Built. Great Service.

phebus
06-04-2005, 07:58 AM
Nick, before we ended up buying our boat, we rode and checked out both the Magic and Conquest. We were happy with the ride with both boats, so it came down to features. One boat would have a feature we liked, while the other would have a different feature we liked. It was seriously like a Chevy vs. Ford deal, there were arguements for each side. We were looking at used boats, so sales staff and service didn't play into the decision process. It was tough, they are both great boats. At the time, I thought the Conquest was the better put together boat, but liked the styling of the Magic better.
Bottom line, good luck, it will be a tough decision.
And then to top it off, we bought a Carrera, it was in perfect condition, offered everything we wanted, and was too god a deal to pass up. Don't pass on a good used boat, there are some real nice one's out there if you are discriminating and patient, and you will save a ton of money both on the purchase and taxes (if you are registering in AZ.)

SDLifesaver
06-04-2005, 08:08 AM
Howard in my opinion is a Rolls Royce and being a current customer of Howard definately plays into the buying aspect with leverage. I want to see and ride in a boat before I buy it though. I appreciate all the info from everybody so far. I like the looks of the Magic better than the Conquest but I heard the ride in the Conquest is better. These are the reasons I am going out to drive in each to find out for myself. The lavey is nice but I really don't like the look of it. It looks like it has a flat line on top for to long. Like a surfboard with no defined curve from nose to tail. My .02. Thanks again. Nick

BLOWN HOWARD
06-04-2005, 08:18 AM
Is the bottom on the magic the same as the conquest thought i heard this awhile back!!!!

roln 20s
06-04-2005, 08:19 AM
Nick- This is a real tough decision. I'm assuming in that price range you will afford you a Merc HP525 on both boats. Conquest and Magic both make a great boat. I love the two facing buckets on the Magic design, however wish they were even with each other. If I'm driving with a hot girl--I don't want to see the back of her head :D The Top Cat II seems to lose a lot of space if you do the walk off back. Its a 4-5 person cockpit max IMO. I love the Top Cat I--tons of room. Both perform great, have riden in both boats (with Darrin at Magic and Keith at Conquest) with HOs and its a coin toss.
RiverOtter--Here are the plug pics for the Howard. The first one is in the mold as we speak. It should be out in a couple of weeks. For price, I'm hearing $99.9K with a Merc 496HO. So, I would assume $120K loaded with a Merc HP525. NOTE- these prices are not exact--just estimates as of now (from my sources).
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1419howard_1.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1419howard_2.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1419howard_3.jpg
In the mold--before the glass and balsa layup
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/1404Deck_boat_Hull-1.jpg
Good luck with your decision- tough call :)
Patrick

Sane Asylum
06-04-2005, 09:06 AM
Nick...........
The new Magic deck is extremely nice...........I sat in it for a while at the Phoenix boat show (if you call it a boat show). The thing that impressed me was how deep the gunwhales were and how big a 30' boat was. If felt like I was in a 34' boat. It was huge!!! The auto bimini was pretty sweet too...
I'm like you drive em' both in some good chop and see what feels good.
I almost bought a magic before I bought my Sunsation.................They were very easy to work with and no pressure....
Good luck...

phebus
06-04-2005, 09:15 AM
Nick, just remember, all deck boats are a windy ride, and I know your's will be a family boat, so don't get too caught up in power and speed. Everyone wants more speed, but other then the driver, the passengers usually dislike high speeds and the wind you get on a deckboat. Insurance is another big consideration when you increase power.
It's hard not to get "big eye syndrome" when looking at big power motors, but they aren't always applicable for every boat.
Don't cut yourself short, but don't throw good money into something your not going to use. I have found that most of my passengers like to cruise around 50 mph (a tad over 4K rpm with my 496HO), which creates a nice soft ride. You can still talk, and the stereo can still be heard. A 525 would be perfect, but for the family boat, in my opinion, anymore would be a waste, and just kill you on insurance. Hell, the 496HO is just fine.

SDLifesaver
06-04-2005, 11:33 AM
Roln 20's, do you have any more pictures of the Howard deck boat? I have seen the ones you posted before but am curious to see what is going on.
Rick, the 496HO is just not what I want. I really want a new HP 500 but I am a year late just like I was on our boat with the 502 Mag. The 525 is what is going to make me happy and content. It will be a family boat but an occasional run up or back from the sandbar would be nice if the water conditions warrant a safe ride with the fam. It is alot of money so I really need to be sure about my choice because I won't get this choice again anytime soon. Thanks for all the responses. Nick

2LKHVSU
06-04-2005, 11:53 AM
The Eliminator!
-Mrs. 2LKHVSU

Goodtime$
06-04-2005, 12:16 PM
I love the conquest, magics are everywhere so you know they work and hold value, the lavey is nice, howard and cobra have new ones...
Domin8er doesnt get much press but is an awesome value
Etickets 29 twin is around 120k i think in powerboat mag
Ultra 27cat is a cat, but has tons of storage and a walk through openbow
have fun

roln 20s
06-04-2005, 12:17 PM
Nick--I don't have any more pics of the deckboat besides those. The gel sprayed in the mold was taken by Essex 502. He is taking some pics of the deckboat progress. GT thinks they will pull it from the mold next Friday--I'll have pics as soon as that thing is out. I can't wait to see it.
Good choice with the HP525--perfect package in my opinion.
I'll keep you updated on the deckboat pics as I get them.
Roln 20s

clownpuncher
06-04-2005, 12:28 PM
Nice dilema to be in Nick. I'd hate to have to pick between the two. I have friends with both boats and they love em.
Hell, I can't even decide what to eat for dinner without giving me a headache. Good luck.

Beer-30
06-04-2005, 12:34 PM
Check with Nashvillebound. He is about to pick up his Magic. He may have some insider info to help you. I know he looked at Conquest also.
I hear the Domin8er is a good value also.
Personally, I would not pay Mercruiser for the blue motors. Too many nice options for the HO that will save you serious $$$. In a hearbeat, I would get an HO with an XR drive. Wait till the year warranty is done and then spend the 5-7K for the Raylar kit. The extra money can go to options or stereo. JM2cents.

NashvilleBound
06-04-2005, 12:45 PM
I have a 05 28 Magic Deck due for delivery in 6 days. They are 6-8 weeks out on new boats. I just got pictures two days ago and its in rigging, with the Ilmor 625 sitting on the crate next to it. We are flying out tomorrow (whole family) to San Diego......sales guy says were still good for a Sat the 11th delivery. Lots riding on it (air, hotels, time off of work) to be this far from complete....I hope they pull it together. I am not going to give any dirt unless I have to. Magic makes a good product. I did plenty of research thats for sure. I think the styling is much better than the Conquest. Tho its a VERY nice boat too. My top pick would have been the Cobra Python....but I NEVER do business with people like that. Never, ever...which ever one is longer.

RiverOtter
06-04-2005, 02:08 PM
time off of work
:notam: Now that's some funny stuff Nashville :notam:

famaffair
06-04-2005, 02:48 PM
[ My top pick would have been the Cobra Python....but I NEVER do business with people like that. Never, ever...which ever one is longer.[/Q
Bad attitude or what's the deal?

Broke_Richard!
06-04-2005, 02:58 PM
Have a 2002 Top Cat. Can't say enough positvie things about Keith, Mike and Jody. When we were building ours the design didn't turn out exactly like I planned. When we went to see it out of the mold for the first time they could tell I wasn't totally excited about the boat. An hour later I got a call and Mike told me he knew how I felt. He gave me the option to continue with this boat and have it in 3 weeks or they had a mold ready and start over and wait 6 weeks. We started over the next day and they used the original one for a demo boat.
I am delivering my boat to the person whom bought it on Sat 11th. 2002 Top Cat I Walk thru with 500 hp. with 70 hours sold it for $2500.00 less than what I paid for it.
Buying a New Boss Cat!!
Good Luck, but I know what I would do...

little rowe boat
06-04-2005, 03:13 PM
A guy I work with recently purchased a Magic deck boat,he wanted the Conquest,the prob. was Magic had more standard options vs. Conquest charged for every little thing.He ended up paying $84,000.00 for the Magic,just the way he wanted it,the Conquest the way he wanted it would have been close to a $100,000.00.They have the same bottoms.They are both beautiful boats.

SDLifesaver
06-04-2005, 03:21 PM
The Cobra is a nice boat but does not appeal to me at all. We will see what happens when our boat sells and crunch time begins. I have to agree with whoever said the lines of the Magic are better than the Conquest. There are things about each boat we really like. The big thing is this is our last boat for a few years so I better be really happy with everything I choose because there will not be any changes in my future for a while. As far as the 496HO goes, I agree that it is a better deal than the 525 but I am having second thoughts about after market work and upgrades and it just seems like a bunch of expensive services waiting to happen. Keep the input coming. Nick

NashvilleBound
06-04-2005, 03:26 PM
RO: Zip it! ;)
Famaffair: (short version) I talked to Jeff (owner) at the LA boat show 2 years ago when all he has was a artists rendering. He quoted me an approximate price. Then I flew back out when they had their first hull done a year ago....he gave me another slightly high price according to "True Pricing". I was ok with that and but from there to about the end of the year I got two price increases...$10K EACH. These price increases came from Hernando in e-mails. I called every other month to check in....be a good customer.... everyone that knows me knows I am a very straight shooter. Long story short, but with much more drama than just that. When you tell someone something then just change it because you can....F yourself. My money goes elsewhere.... Besides his last "Quote" to me was $93,400 with NO power(credit for stock power ALREADY applied). REDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!! Oh..the best part...cant get me one till December....Duh...like that will do me any good. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: I'm over it.....wait...AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH..ok, now i'm over it :)

riverliver
06-04-2005, 03:38 PM
NB did you look at the E-Ticket deck boat and if so what did you think of it ?

NashvilleBound
06-04-2005, 04:06 PM
NB did you look at the E-Ticket deck boat and if so what did you think of it ?
I think Larry, who was a good host, (I flew out just for a test ride) builds one of the VERY best deck boats out there. His quality...everything was superior. No corners cut. It just didnt fit my needs having kids and such. The swim step issue....walk in entry from rear...stuff like that. I was ready to pull the trigger on one with twin 525's. The only thing he said that really discouraged me was that he would not use Ilmor's. I think a set of 625's would be an amazing ride.

riverliver
06-04-2005, 04:09 PM
I think Larry, who was a good host, (I flew out just for a test ride) builds one of the VERY best deck boats out there. His quality...everything was superior. No corners cut. It just didnt fit my needs having kids and such. The swim step issue....walk in entry from rear...stuff like that. I was ready to pull the trigger on one with twin 525's. The only thing he said that really discouraged me was that he would not use Ilmor's. I think a set of 625's would be an amazing ride.
What was he asking for it with the 525's ?

riverliver
06-04-2005, 04:12 PM
What kind of top end did he say you would see with 525's ? sorry for all the ??
I am thinking about going to a deck boat, I sure do like the Magic !

NashvilleBound
06-04-2005, 04:12 PM
What was he asking for it with the 525's ?
I just looked in my e-mails but already deleted it. I have to say mid $140K's. Possibly high $130's......

NashvilleBound
06-04-2005, 04:13 PM
What kind of top end did he say you would see with 525's ? sorry for all the ??
I am thinking about going to a deck boat, I sure do like the Magic ! No worries....I certainly asked enough questions and did research for over a year before buying. I think it was 110ish.... twin 625's would be 1100lbs lighter and 200hp more....that would be bad ass!
Magic builds a good boat. There will be one just like mine there for sale...just the wrong colors....oh, sorry...did I say WRONG colors..I meant different. hmmmmmm :2purples: :2purples: :hammerhea :hammerhea might get a good deal on it....

RiverOtter
06-04-2005, 04:20 PM
RO: Zip it! ;)
What? :D

NashvilleBound
06-04-2005, 04:23 PM
What? :D
As in Zipalae Le Mouthalae :D :D Do not need your two cents....well actually I do...I need all your money...I wish.... We fly out tomorrow..pick up next Sat...if its not ready I guarantee me making the nightly news. hoping for the best....... when you leaving? ...and whens that concert?

RiverOtter
06-04-2005, 04:30 PM
As in Zipalae Le Mouthalae :D :D Do not need your two cents....well actually I do...I need all your money...I wish.... We fly out tomorrow..pick up next Sat...if its not ready I guarantee me making the nightly news. hoping for the best....... when you leaving? ...and whens that concert?
Leaving for Mexico June 8th (this Wednesday) returning on Monday June 13th (Monday). Then the Riverbend concerts (Cheap Trick and Pat Benetar) are Friday and Saturday.

riverliver
06-04-2005, 04:30 PM
No worries....I certainly asked enough questions and did research for over a year before buying. I think it was 110ish.... twin 625's would be 1100lbs lighter and 200hp more....that would be bad ass!
Magic builds a good boat. There will be one just like mine there for sale...just the wrong colors....oh, sorry...did I say WRONG colors..I meant different. hmmmmmm :2purples: :2purples: :hammerhea :hammerhea might get a good deal on it....
What did you think of the 30 magic deck boat and what are they asking for it ?

NashvilleBound
06-04-2005, 04:33 PM
Leaving for Mexico June 8th (this Wednesday) returning on Monday June 13th (Monday). Then the Riverbend concerts (Cheap Trick and Pat Benetar) are Friday and Saturday.
Best case I will not be home till the 15th.... sounds too late...that will SUCK! We leav eon the 1st for to the 12th for another exploritory trip to MO (TableRock Lake) with the new sled. We need to get together between the 15th and the 1st in the Nooga on the water.

NashvilleBound
06-04-2005, 04:35 PM
What did you think of the 30 magic deck boat and what are they asking for it ?
I spent a whole day there and the first thing I went after was the New 30 footer. Its pretty amazing. Looks like 35 feet. The price goes into the $200k right away. So other than that I cant help you. I am sure if i had River Otters money I would be all over it.

RiverOtter
06-04-2005, 04:35 PM
Best case I will not be home till the 15th.... sounds too late...that will SUCK!
We'll cary the Cheap Trick Fan tourch for ya. Can't wait for a ride in the new ride. I may be driving by you to go pick up a new (to me) Chap deck boat in Montecillo, KY (sp?) tomorrow. Not done hagglin yet though.

RiverOtter
06-04-2005, 04:37 PM
I spent a whole day there and the first thing I went after was the New 30 footer. Its pretty amazing. Looks like 35 feet. The price goes into the $200k right away. So other than that I cant help you. I am sure if i had River Otters money I would be all over it.
Order 2 just last week. Couldn't decide on the gelcoat so I ordered 2 :D

NashvilleBound
06-04-2005, 04:38 PM
We'll cary the Cheap Trick Fan tourch for ya. Can't wait for a ride in the new ride. I may be driving by you to go pick up a new (to me) Chap deck boat in Montecillo, KY (sp?) tomorrow. Not done hagglin yet though.Got a wild hair for a new boat? Spill it.....

NashvilleBound
06-04-2005, 04:39 PM
Order 2 just last week. Couldn't decide on the gelcoat so I ordered 2 :D
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

RiverOtter
06-04-2005, 04:43 PM
Got a wild hair for a new boat? Spill it.....
Nope just found a great deal on a Chap Deckboat and at the same time have a buyer for mine. Sooooo, there ya go. :cool:

NashvilleBound
06-04-2005, 04:43 PM
Nope just found a great deal on a Chap Deckboat and at the same time have a buyer for mine. Sooooo, there ya go. :cool:
Cool. hope it works out for you. Did I send you those pictures I just got from Magic?

RiverOtter
06-04-2005, 05:13 PM
Cool. hope it works out for you. Did I send you those pictures I just got from Magic?
Nope

roln 20s
06-04-2005, 05:19 PM
People who I give my money too are very important--I think both Jody, Mike and Keith are awesome. They have always been super nice and helpful to me...and I'm just "window shopping." Same thing goes for the guys at Magic--Darrin, Ron and Brett are always helpful.
E-Ticket--I actually LOVE this boat. I think its one of the best BUYS in the boating industry- twin HOs for $120K. It would be nice to have a large swim deck but I personally would let that slide for the twin motors and amazing U Bench interior. Some real trick stuff on that boat!
NB- is there another boat very similar to your graphics that was just delivered? I saw one in Havasu a few weeks ago--btw some of the BEST Magic graphics yet---it was sweet. That sure is a long tow back to TN!
Roln 20s

RiverOtter
06-04-2005, 05:21 PM
That sure is a long tow back to TN!
Roln 20s
He'll have a poop eating grin on his smug mug all the way :D

roln 20s
06-04-2005, 06:07 PM
LMAO--I sure hope so :D :)
Roln 20s

NashvilleBound
06-04-2005, 06:55 PM
NB- is there another boat very similar to your graphics that was just delivered? I saw one in Havasu a few weeks ago--btw some of the BEST Magic graphics yet---it was sweet. That sure is a long tow back to TN!
Roln 20s
Actually the avitar I have now is that boat. I took that design and added some effects to it....oh, and the Ilmor instead of the 496;) I dont have any good pictures of mine yet to post.

NashvilleBound
06-04-2005, 06:57 PM
I was SO going to say something sarcastic, but...HELL YA I'LL BE SMILING!!!! Like a kid at Christmas.....love those new toys...... especially when no one out here has seen ANYTHING even close to it....

nyeti
06-04-2005, 08:59 PM
I was in the same dilema last year. I went with the Domn8er, and have been as happy as anyone could be. The AFTER the sale service has been unbelievable. I had a very bad experience with Magic, so for me it came down to the Domn8ter and the Conquest. Conquest makes a great boat, but my money went much farther a Domn8ter. My wife and kid love the boat and it performs great (for a family hauler) with the 496mag H.O. Good luck on a tough decision.

SDLifesaver
06-04-2005, 10:13 PM
This thread got HI Jacked.

NashvilleBound
06-05-2005, 03:23 AM
This thread got HI Jacked.
Huh?...man, I hate when that happens. tell me who it is and we'll talk to the asss. :notam: :notam: :notam: :notam:

RiverOtter
06-05-2005, 03:34 AM
Huh?...man, I hate when that happens. tell me who it is and we'll talk to the asss. :notam: :notam: :notam: :notam:
Word Up! Let me at em! :lightsabe

NashvilleBound
06-05-2005, 03:36 AM
shhh...hey RO...I think he's talking to us :eat: Word Up! Let me at em! :lightsabe

RiverOtter
06-05-2005, 03:40 AM
shhh...hey RO...I think he's talking to us :eat:
Hey! I'm just here to help ;) Personally I'd go with the new DCB deckboat, I hear it's about $90,000 with the Ilmore :D (and it has canopies :D )

SDLifesaver
06-05-2005, 05:29 AM
I think the only 90,000 dollar boat DCB makes is a used one.

RiverOtter
06-05-2005, 05:32 AM
I think the only 90,000 dollar boat DCB makes is a used one.
I think that only includes 1 sponson :D

Troubles No More
06-05-2005, 06:02 AM
Nick
I will be at the Howard shop the week of June 13 to pick up set of Gibson’s mufflers for my boat.
If the first sport deck is out of the mold, I can take some pic’s and post or pm the pic’s to you if need to see it.

TPI
06-05-2005, 08:04 AM
You have got a real tough choice between those two. I think the $110K is going to be your stumbling block if you opt for the Howard. Like all of the Howards designed over the last 5-6 years, the selling price will climb annually and so will the resale. This Howard deckboat will be no different. I would bet the first 6-10 Howard deckboats will be priced on the low side while they are pricing out the build process, then the cost will go up to justify the time and materials involved. It always works out that way. If you like the looks of the 28 Bullet, you will love this deckboat, it is really cool looking (IMO), and I anticipate a solid performance. Check it out before your final decision is made, because I think it could be a hell of an investment, especially if you got in early on one! Once again though, tough choice on your two upcoming comparison tests(Conquest and Magic). Make it a fun experience, and try to run in comparible conditions.
Good luck.
Gary

Ziggy
06-05-2005, 08:12 AM
I can't make any comments about the boats themselves since I haven't any real experience with them but I can tell you Kieth at Conquest is TopRate...I'd trust his opinion without hesitation.

SDLifesaver
06-05-2005, 08:38 AM
The wife really wants to stay with Howard and could care less about Magic or Conquest. I like them because they are both bitchen boats and the fact that they are both REALLY close to our house in Havasu for any service or warranty issues. I realize our cash limit will limit our choices for upgrades and options but with me being the only provider and all the stuff going on I was pleased that we got approved for what we did at 5.99% without having to pull any money out of our houses. Any new pictures of the Howard Deck would be great. We are going to take a drive up there when the Willens get back from Hawaii. Thanks for the input GT, how about a smokin deal on one of your motors??? I'll give you some months in Havasu for trade. 2 more days until the rides. I am doing both of them in the afternoon hoping for some Havasu chop.

phebus
06-05-2005, 08:59 AM
Nick,after being through this myself, I can tell you, it won't be an easy decision, and the test ride probably won't help at all, they both ride great.
My suggestion will be to get a piece of paper after each ride, and write down your likes and dislikes, and when it is all done, do your comparisons of pluses and minuses and pick from their.
Then again, I'm sure it will be a gut decision, so nothing probably will effect your decision.
There, the thread is back on track, but you got no help at all. Just how it should be. :D

4-B
06-05-2005, 09:05 AM
There, the thread is back on track, but you got no help at all. Just how it should be. :D
Keep it straight Rick. :D

SDLifesaver
06-05-2005, 09:11 AM
Thats a good idea Rick. I am going to take a tablet with me and do that so I can remember the things after it's done. It is going to be a tough decision but I have the colors and design already picked out and trailer color is done too. To me that was the hardest thing with our last boat. To be truly honest with everyone, I think the hardest thing for us is going to be selling our Howard. It is a really nice boat but in a time of everyone going to bigger boats it's not a popular size right now. Can anyone looking at a current AZ trader tell me if you find it in there. 2002 21' Howard Custom Boats Open Bow.

Sane Asylum
06-05-2005, 09:54 AM
Can anyone looking at a current AZ trader tell me if you find it in there. 2002 21' Howard Custom Boats Open Bow.
Nick.........
do boattraderonline.com and search for howard boats in AZ.......

NashvilleBound
06-06-2005, 12:27 PM
SDLifesaver...I am "supposed"to pick mine up this weekend. You are welcome to run with us to see how they do. If your interested just let me know....

SDLifesaver
06-06-2005, 12:44 PM
Thanks Nashville, I am leaving for Havasu in the AM and I will be there until Thursday the 9th. Our house is rented for 2 weeks after that so I won't be around on the weekend. We are going on the ride with Magic @ 2:00 and Conquest @ 4:00. Thanks for the offer and let me know how you like your new boat. Nick

Havasu_Dreamin
06-06-2005, 12:45 PM
Hallett has a new deckboat as well, the 285. Looks WAY better than their 26 footer. At the LA Boat show they were quoting $105k with a 525.

Magic34
06-06-2005, 12:50 PM
Get the Magic, get the 525, boat could be done in 8 weeks or so.
I have learned a lot about the 525 over the past few months and it definitely seems like the way to go over the 496, regardless of what deals you can get on mods for the 496.
My new 34 took 8 weeks, 3 days to build from the day I turned in graphics. They build the 28 in even less time. They also have more than 1 mold for the 28.
I've owned 4 Magics now(they work great for me), but Conquest makes a good boat too. Magic keeps raising the bar every year. Either way, you'll be happy.

revpuffdaddy
06-06-2005, 02:28 PM
Look closely at the construction of the two boats. (Magic & Conquest) Look beneath the hatch and under seats, etc. Also, Magic screws in their two helms and Conquest are part of the mold. This makes for a more solid boat. Don't get me wrong, both boats are very nice...I just think the Conquest is built a bit sturdier and solid. Have Keith at Conquest show you how their boat is sandwhiched together.
All this being said, you stated in your original thread that the low price wins. If that is the case, you'll buy the Magic. It cost less.
Have fun, enjoy your boat rides, tell Keith Brent says HI!
2004 Conquest Top Cat II
"NO REGRETS"

bohica
06-06-2005, 02:42 PM
After your test ride, I'm sure you'll be able to tell the difference between the two boats. Both are very nice, but the Conquest is laid up a little more soild. Conquest bonds the top and bottom together, giving it a more solid feel. Only drawback is it's heavier, and the Magic will be a little faster on the top end.
Real world speeds with the 525 is right at 70mph gps with the bimini up, full fuel and 3 big guys aboard in 110 degree heat. :D

Magic34
06-06-2005, 02:48 PM
Real world speeds with the 525 is right at 70mph gps with the bimini up, full fuel and 3 big guys aboard in 110 degree heat. :D
Real world.... No chicks?????? Seriously though, that is a cool feature about the bonding top and bottom.

cola
06-06-2005, 02:57 PM
CONQUEST DECK ;)
Whats up Nick

bunny 166
06-06-2005, 03:03 PM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2066IMG_0996.JPG
Don't overlook used; we got a killer deal on our Conquest and re-did it. We love it!!! :D :D
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2066IMG_1045.JPG
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2066IMG_1001.JPG

phebus
06-06-2005, 03:07 PM
My money say's that if Nick's wife want's the Howard, and I know Nick allready loves Howard's, that the Magic vs. Conquest is a moot point, and they buy a Howard. End of story. :D

Phat Matt
06-06-2005, 03:13 PM
E-Ticket--I actually LOVE this boat. I think its one of the best BUYS in the boating industry- twin HOs for $120K. It would be nice to have a large swim deck but I personally would let that slide for the twin motors and amazing U Bench interior. Some real trick stuff on that boat!
I'm kinda partial to the Eticket myself. :)
Especially this one. :D
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1524Picture_109.jpg

TCHB
06-06-2005, 03:40 PM
Nick make sure you take them in rough water. All the boats feel good in smooth water. On the Saturday afternoons you will get the real story about the boats.

SDLifesaver
06-07-2005, 05:14 AM
Well everyone, I'm leaving in about an hour or so and will be home Thursday afternoon. I am hoping for a little wind this afternnon to stir up the lake a little. Thanks again for all the input and I will report back when I get home. Nick

SDLifesaver
06-09-2005, 07:00 PM
Well, I got home today and I have to say that without a doubt I have no furthur questions about which of those 2 boats I prefer. CONQUEST. The ride was night and day and the customer service and knowlwdge of the product was too. We are patiently waiting for pictures of the new Howard Deck Boat and for our boat to SELL so we can finally get a new one.

SDLifesaver
06-09-2005, 07:30 PM
Well, heres the story. I showed up at Magic after having this planned for about 2 weeks and they had no idea I was coming. I guess there is a boat show in Pomona right now and the salesman I have been talking to is there and neglected to tell anyone we had this set up. No big deal, they sent me to the ramp with another salesman and we were in the water in 30 mins. Brand new 2005 Deck Boat. Really nice, sounded great with the HO. The sales guy told us he was just made a saleman like 2 weeks before so his knowledge of the specs and prices were really limited. He was a nice guy though. Anyway the ride was less than impressive because the boat had a lot of porpoise regardless of trim and just didn't feel that solid through the wake we could find. The boat did turn well and had little or no lean in U turns. After our ride we went to Conquest to meet Keith. When he showed up because we got there early he gave us a shop tour, talked to us about all the features and showed us alot of the build process steps and gave us a few custom ideas as far as cuddy space and storage go. Our test boat was a 3 year old Top Cat 1 with 150 hrs. Keith said they were HARD hours and the boat was used for all kinds of stuff. Anyway the ride was solid, no porpoise, no lean in turns and Keith was really making me push it with the throttle. He was very knowledgeable about his product and knew the capabilities of the boat for sure. That's the story. Nick

Mandelon
06-09-2005, 07:44 PM
Who was watching the kids? :D

SDLifesaver
06-09-2005, 07:49 PM
boys Trip

riverroyal
06-09-2005, 07:50 PM
sound like you made you choice,just so you know i dont have a porpoising issue,sounds kinda weird,,,neverless,hurry up!We will save a spot on the beach for ya!

phebus
06-09-2005, 08:23 PM
So, bottom line. You picked the Howard. :D If it fits the budget. :idea: Fitting it in the budget will be the hard part. Great lines on that boat.

TPI
06-10-2005, 04:36 AM
So, bottom line. You picked the Howard. :D If it fits the budget. :idea: Fitting it in the budget will be the hard part. Great lines on that boat.
That is funny! FYI: I think the Howard deckboat will be out of the mold real soon(Today or Monday). They will still need to glass it together, so you could get a good look at it probably by the end of next week.

SDLifesaver
06-10-2005, 04:54 AM
I don't know what is going to happen. The price I got from both Conquest and Magic were in our price range with the 496HO but not the 525. Howard may be a little more money but in the end you get what you pay for. Nick

MagicMtnDan
06-10-2005, 04:59 AM
Keith knows his stuff and is a real professional. You can't go wrong with Keith working for you.

sdpm
06-10-2005, 05:42 AM
Hi Nick, will they let you bring them your own engine? What will they deduct. If it is enough build your own and what you want. I just finished another 540 this time with a 871. Pump gas and 6lbs boost 753 hp 827 ft lbs tq and you can ski with it all day long. Its easy to make power but not so easy to keep the drives together. Keep that in mind. It's always something and there's always going to be a weak link. See ya. Neil

Mandelon
06-10-2005, 08:09 AM
That is funny! FYI: I think the Howard deckboat will be out of the mold real soon(Today or Monday). They will still need to glass it together, so you could get a good look at it probably by the end of next week.
I thought that first Howard deck was spoken for with the 700 TPI going into it? :confused:

bohica
06-10-2005, 08:59 AM
gave us a few custom ideas as far as cuddy space and storage go. Nick
Did Keith show you the custom cuddy cabin. It rocks if you have young kids. :D

Essex502
06-10-2005, 09:48 AM
SDL - Wednesday, Mike @ Howard said he thought the deck boat would be coming out of the mold today. I will be there this afternoon to check on the progress of our new boat so if the deck boat is out of the mold I'll snap some pics of it. I have a thread on LasVegas***boats.com going about the deck boat build. GO with the Howard. Find the extra dough somehow. :D

Beer-30
06-10-2005, 10:25 AM
I don't know what is going to happen. The price I got from both Conquest and Magic were in our price range with the 496HO but not the 525. Howard may be a little more money but in the end you get what you pay for. Nick
Take it or leave it, this is my take on this delimma.
Knowing motors and parts and horsepower and such, I myself would just grab the HO. Sure, the 525 has a superior bottom-end, but you don't need that from the start. The money you save can get your other stuff taken care of in the first few years you own the new boat. Stereo upgrade (if you are into that), new ice chests, picnic gear, new tie-off ropes, fenders, the like. After the warranty is off, I would be wanting more power anyway, so one could start planning for a Raylar kit to get to the 525 power level. Then, after several more years, wanting more power, the 496 bottom would be tired. So, in goes a 600 Raylar with a superior bottom-end as well as super-efficient top end. All in steps. You don't have to break the bank. And all of it can be planned for (unless something breaks) and done at your leisure. That's what I would do. But I am not you, so this is just my opinion. The wife and I love the Conquest and this is exactly what I would do. Enjoy. :D

SDLifesaver
06-10-2005, 11:27 AM
We have everything we need to get the boat in the water. Box anchors, prop cover, coolers, ect. Stereo is a must and I am willing to spend good money on a quality sound system. Wheels and tires are also a must for me. I have priced them out and for 7 aluminum rims with lo/pro tires it is about 1,500 bucks. The cuddy that Conquest has for the Top Cat 2 is awesome but the price starts at 2,500 dollars. I may write that off because our kids won't be little forever and it is not really big enough for adults to thoroughly enjoy if you know what I mean. The only thing I don't like is having to take the bimini down every day to fit it in the garage. We have the property to build a radical RV garage but the 50,000 I would need to do it is not as easy to find. I really appreciate all the input everyone has had on this subject so now the job I have for everyone is to find the Howard a home. $1,000 bucks to anyone who helps me sell it for asking or near asking price. Nick

JB in so cal
06-10-2005, 11:29 AM
We have everything we need to get the boat in the water. Box anchors, prop cover, coolers, ect. Stereo is a must and I am willing to spend good money on a quality sound system. Wheels and tires are also a must for me. I have priced them out and for 7 aluminum rims with lo/pro tires it is about 1,500 bucks. The cuddy that Conquest has for the Top Cat 2 is awesome but the price starts at 2,500 dollars. I may write that off because our kids won't be little forever and it is not really big enough for adults to thoroughly enjoy if you know what I mean. The only thing I don't like is having to take the bimini down every day to fit it in the garage. We have the property to build a radical RV garage but the 50,000 I would need to do it is not as easy to find. I really appreciate all the input everyone has had on this subject so now the job I have for everyone is to find the Howard a home. $1,000 bucks to anyone who helps me sell it for asking or near asking price. Nick
My lo/pro tires and wheels came as standard on the Magic. Do they not still?

phebus
06-10-2005, 01:18 PM
I have seen Keith really pimpin boats for people that have bought Conquests. Is he willing to help you sell the Howard? He is really respected on the boards, so if he helps sell your boat, it maybe a lot easier then trying to sell it on your own.

DM25CITATION
06-10-2005, 01:42 PM
check out the 28 party cat from advantage. they use every inch of room on that deck. i like the two seats up front and both magic and conquest doesnt have .

NashvilleBound
06-10-2005, 03:02 PM
My lo/pro tires and wheels came as standard on the Magic. Do they not still?
Yes they do.

riverroyal
06-10-2005, 03:03 PM
get the boat yet?

NashvilleBound
06-10-2005, 03:04 PM
get the boat yet?
I am leaving tomorrow morning for Havasu to pick it up...... I'm gonna need some serious meds tonight for sleep......

JB in so cal
06-10-2005, 03:06 PM
get the boat yet?
How many Magic Deck Boats are there on the lakes you frequent? I'd imagine not too many. Kind of like Havasu on a Saturday. :rollside:

riverroyal
06-10-2005, 03:06 PM
go there for dinner,have a huge steak and a beer sampler,be in coma in no time

NashvilleBound
06-10-2005, 03:07 PM
How many Magic Deck Boats are there on the lakes you frequent? I'd imagine not too many. Kind of like Havasu on a Saturday. :rollside:
Oh, I know how many NONE!!!!! lol...thats half the fun. You coming up?

riverroyal
06-10-2005, 03:08 PM
bet theres a open beach also

NashvilleBound
06-10-2005, 03:09 PM
go there for dinner,have a huge steak and a beer sampler,be in coma in no time
Were heading out for some lame family get together at a crappy mexican food joint in San Marcos....I think (even tho I am not supposed too) start drinking soon. Been here for a week and never went down to the beach. Guess I had enough when I lived here....

riverroyal
06-10-2005, 03:10 PM
they all suck in there

JB in so cal
06-10-2005, 03:10 PM
Oh, I know how many NONE!!!!! lol...thats half the fun. You coming up?
If I were to ever find my way into that part of the country, you know I'd hunt you down. If you're talking about the 'Zoo this weekend, I'm on a every 2 weeks deal and that's next week. Mr Royal and I are going to run intercept on the Magic Regatta and steal everyone's cards from the poker run. :cool:

NashvilleBound
06-10-2005, 03:11 PM
they all suck in there
I dont mind those...its Don Pablos....I can get that in TN. If you going by look for a Gold F450 with TN tags....'bout an hour or so....

riverroyal
06-10-2005, 03:12 PM
bringing my own cards,maybe some strip poker with the wife,,hehe

NashvilleBound
06-10-2005, 03:13 PM
If I were to ever find my way into that part of the country, you know I'd hunt you down. If you're talking about the 'Zoo this weekend, I'm on a every 2 weeks deal and that's next week. Mr Royal and I are going to run intercept on the Magic Regatta and steal everyone's cards from the poker run. :cool:
Thats right....forgot about next weekend. Well, with any luck it will be calm so I can just cruise around and then bail monday morning...

riverroyal
06-10-2005, 03:13 PM
i need one of those

JB in so cal
06-10-2005, 03:16 PM
I am leaving tomorrow morning for Havasu to pick it up...... I'm gonna need some serious meds tonight for sleep......
I remember the first time I saw mine completed; Magic has that area right off the office - mostly upholstery and minor stuff - well they have this huge skylight in there. My boat looked like it was made with diamonds- it was sparkling lie a mofo. I just stood there... :eek:

riverroyal
06-10-2005, 03:18 PM
i was so happy,also shit myself writing the check

NashvilleBound
i need one of those
come check it out....I am ordering a new one for next year....its pretty loaded.

JB in so cal
Thats right....forgot about next weekend. Well, with any luck it will be calm so I can just cruise around and then bail monday morning...
Have fun and enjoy. :cool: I'm sure yours will be the only one on Havasu LOL. It gets so you can almost walk from one to another and never touch water.

JB in so cal
06-10-2005, 03:19 PM
i was so happy,also shit myself writing the check
This was before all of the meds, right?

riverroyal
06-10-2005, 03:20 PM
we gotta go to tennessee,I was there a few years ago,makes havasu seem kinda silly,,next summer road trip

JB in so cal
06-10-2005, 03:21 PM
we gotta go to tennessee,I was there a few years ago,makes havasu seem kinda silly,,next summer road trip
I'm thinking - move there. Hell. There can be 2 Magics in the whole state. Sell everything, pick up an accent; quit telling off-color red neck jokes. I know I could do it.

NashvilleBound
06-10-2005, 03:22 PM
I remember the first time I saw mine completed; Magic has that area right off the office - mostly upholstery and minor stuff - well they have this huge skylight in there. My boat looked like it was made with diamonds- it was sparkling lie a mofo. I just stood there... :eek:
Thats cool....I just hope this blood flow deal goes away so it doesnt cause wind drag too much;)

NashvilleBound
06-10-2005, 03:23 PM
I'm thinking - move there. Hell. There can be 2 Magics in the whole state. Sell everything, pick up an accent; quit telling off-color red neck jokes. I know I could do it.
...just never give up the redneck jokes. You guys are always welcome out there....Lots to see. one day on the water and its over...just ask Throwerb...

riverroyal
06-10-2005, 03:24 PM
just tuck it in

JB in so cal
06-10-2005, 03:24 PM
Thats cool....I just hope this blood flow deal goes away so it doesnt cause wind drag too much;)
Just try to think about baseball stats or Barbara Strisand or Hillary Clinton or the tax code or....

NashvilleBound
06-10-2005, 03:25 PM
LMAO....seriously...gotta think of something.

Bella
06-10-2005, 03:26 PM
I saw your boat on Weds. Oh and should mention that I saw your Oh so cool motor and drive setup!!! Have fun and be safe!! It is sure cool
Brett

NashvilleBound
06-10-2005, 03:27 PM
I saw your boat on Weds. Oh and should mention that I saw your Oh so cool motor and drive setup!!! Have fun and be safe!! It is sure cool
Brett
Mine??? I have not even seen miine...damn...I am ALWAYS the last one.
My gel coat effects come out ok? they made me feel like a tard having to explain everything the way I did, It's like ...ya want me to draw stick figures for ya??????

JB in so cal
06-10-2005, 03:29 PM
LMAO....seriously...gotta think of something.
How about............................................. ....
.................................................. ..........Rosie O'donnell chasing you down with a strap-on. :eek: .
Wait. Did I just type that?? Gotta stop taking Royals meds.

riverroyal
06-10-2005, 03:29 PM
looks like shit,Id back outta the deal,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,haaaa

riverroyal
06-10-2005, 03:30 PM
even my meds wouldnt have thought of that

NashvilleBound
06-10-2005, 03:31 PM
How about............................................. ....
.................................................. ..........Rosie O'donnell chasing you down with a strap-on. :eek: .
Wait. Did I just type that?? Gotta stop taking Royals meds.
OK...I'm good with that visual....shoot...I'm over good actually;)

JB in so cal
06-10-2005, 03:32 PM
I can't stop posting until you shut it down. I need to p**. :messedup:

JB in so cal
06-10-2005, 03:33 PM
OK...I'm good with that visual....shoot...I'm over good actually;)
Glad I could help. Have an awesome time this weekend. Enjoy a Billy Burger (on the swim step of course) on me!

JB in so cal
06-10-2005, 03:34 PM
I can't stop posting until you shut it down. I need to p**. :messedup:
eat my wake, Royal!

NashvilleBound
06-10-2005, 03:34 PM
Glad I could help. Have an awesome time this weekend. Enjoy a Billy Burger (on the swim step of course) on me!
Thanks again for your assistance with Magic knowledge. TN is always a great vacation........

riverroyal
06-10-2005, 03:37 PM
have fun,watch out for idiots,there more than before you left,tell Darrin or Casey the royals said hey.By the way pasties are strong this year,of coarse I never look,JB told me

NashvilleBound
06-10-2005, 03:46 PM
have fun,watch out for idiots,there more than before you left,tell Darrin or Casey the royals said hey.By the way pasties are strong this year,of coarse I never look,JB told me
PM on the way...but thanks...and I never look either;)

riverroyal
06-10-2005, 03:48 PM
got you pm,,wont let me answer,,that true?

NashvilleBound
06-10-2005, 03:49 PM
got you pm,,wont let me answer,,that true?
yep. Its quite a story...I'll tell it to you sometime.

riverroyal
06-10-2005, 03:50 PM
have fun,,drive safe

NashvilleBound
06-10-2005, 03:52 PM
have fun,,drive safe
only 2000 miles to go.... when you get your PMs working shoot me one. I'll give you the 411

riverroyal
06-10-2005, 03:53 PM
see ya

riverroyal
06-10-2005, 03:54 PM
see ya,seemed a bit hyper,,

NashvilleBound
06-10-2005, 03:56 PM
see ya,seemed a bit hyper,,
alright. Take it easy...... hope to catch you sometime on the water. Gotta run some errands before dinner,,,,or is it supper?

riverroyal
06-10-2005, 03:58 PM
dinner just goes with it

Essex502
06-10-2005, 05:26 PM
Hot out of the Mold! Here's the Howard deck boat from two angles fresh from the mold today.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/279Deckboat_pop_19_md.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/279Deckboat_pop_20_md.jpg
What do you all think? SDLifesaver....if you choose the Magic or the Conquest you might regret it later? :D

TPI
06-10-2005, 06:21 PM
Mike,
I copied your pics and started another thread, I hope you dont mind. This boat is amazing in real life.

riverroyal
06-10-2005, 07:19 PM
that looks real nice,Id be making a drive over there

SDLifesaver
06-10-2005, 07:42 PM
That boat looks awesome. I will be calling Mike for a price on Monday and planning a drive up there to look at it. We don't have to make a final choice until our boat sells anyway so depending on what Mike Willen says about the price and what we think when we sit in it and look at it. More to follow. Nick

riverroyal
06-10-2005, 07:48 PM
you maybe one of the first to get one,thats a good feeling

Waldo
06-10-2005, 07:59 PM
Hot out of the Mold! Here's the Howard deck boat from two angles fresh from the mold today.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/279Deckboat_pop_19_md.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/279Deckboat_pop_20_md.jpg
What do you all think? SDLifesaver....if you choose the Magic or the Conquest you might regret it later? :D
That thing looks down right purdy!!

NashvilleBound
06-10-2005, 08:10 PM
That boat looks awesome. I will be calling Mike for a price on Monday and planning a drive up there to look at it. We don't have to make a final choice until our boat sells anyway so depending on what Mike Willen says about the price and what we think when we sit in it and look at it. More to follow. Nick
I thought you were headed to Havasu this weekend?

SDLifesaver
06-11-2005, 04:58 AM
I have been to Havasu and Back. I went on Tuesday and did the test rides and came home Thursday afternoon. We have renters the next 2 weeks straight so it was a short trip for me. Good luck with your new boat and I hope you guys love it. Nick

Mandelon
06-11-2005, 07:28 AM
H O W A R D ;)

Essex502
06-11-2005, 12:04 PM
Mike,
I copied your pics and started another thread, I hope you dont mind. This boat is amazing in real life.
Not at all amigo! You actually snapped the pic...I just handed you my camera! :D

NashvilleBound
06-13-2005, 04:48 PM
I have been to Havasu and Back. I went on Tuesday and did the test rides and came home Thursday afternoon. We have renters the next 2 weeks straight so it was a short trip for me. Good luck with your new boat and I hope you guys love it. Nick
Hey Nick.. I like it allot.....lots needed to be worked on when I took it. Ended up all day repairs. Oh....I am in Winslow AZ.....ever heard of it?? Right between Flagstaff and Tx....THE MIDDLE OF NO WHERE.. why you assk?? A freeking wheel came off my trailer on the freeway..... so the are sending someone out tonight with an entire axle for parts.... freeking amazing.....icing on the cake for lack of better words....(to keep it clean)

OutCole'd
06-13-2005, 05:11 PM
Hey Nick.. I like it allot.....lots needed to be worked on when I took it. Ended up all day repairs. Oh....I am in Winslow AZ.....ever heard of it?? Right between Flagstaff and Tx....THE MIDDLE OF NO WHERE.. why you assk?? A freeking wheel came off my trailer on the freeway..... so the are sending someone out tonight with an entire axle for parts.... freeking amazing.....icing on the cake for lack of better words....(to keep it clean)
Wow, that really sucks. I'd be kinda pissed. I hope it all works out. I was looking for you Saturday.

NashvilleBound
06-13-2005, 05:58 PM
Wow, that really sucks. I'd be kinda pissed. I hope it all works out. I was looking for you Saturday.
With all the problems I didnt make it out on the water till about 3ish
then 6 hours of repairs today....now stranded....sucks to be me

riverroyal
06-14-2005, 01:58 PM
i need details when you get home,,,boat ok?..doesnt sound to promising,im checks my lug nuts friday night when I get there

SDLifesaver
06-14-2005, 03:46 PM
That sucks Nashville. I hope everything turns out OK for you. We are heading up to Howard on riday to look at their new deck boat. I can't wait to se it in person. Post some pictures of your new ride. Nick

NashvilleBound
06-15-2005, 03:40 PM
That sucks Nashville. I hope everything turns out OK for you. We are heading up to Howard on riday to look at their new deck boat. I can't wait to se it in person. Post some pictures of your new ride. Nick
Finally got 1900 miles to home. On time....15 hour day Tuesday, 3 hours sleep, 12 hours today. I have to give credit to Magics service people. tey drove the distane AND called three more times on the way home just to check in. THATS what customer service is all about. I should start a thread on my whole story......the entire adventure is quite interesting. Should be good reading for those trying to make a decision. The most important thing...got home just in time to unwrap the boat and let the family see it all nice and purdy...THEY LOVE IT. To me it makes all the shiitt I went through worth it.

OutCole'd
06-15-2005, 03:43 PM
Finally got 1900 miles to home. On time....15 hour day Tuesday, 3 hours sleep, 12 hours today. I have to give credit to Magics service people. tey drove the distane AND called three more times on the way home just to check in. THATS what customer service is all about. I should start a thread on my whole story......the entire adventure is quite interesting. Should be good reading for those trying to make a decision. The most important thing...got home just in time to unwrap the boat and let the family see it all nice and purdy...THEY LOVE IT. To me it makes all the shiitt I went through worth it.
I'm looking forward to that new thread. Glad to hear it worked out. I want some details on how it runs with that Illmoor setup also.

JB in so cal
06-15-2005, 03:44 PM
Glad you are (seem to be, anyway) safe. Did you get on the water? How's it run? Any red necks see it yet? Wondering where the crapper's at?
Details, man. Details.

NashvilleBound
06-15-2005, 03:50 PM
OHHHHH the peer pressures killing me. give me a few minutes to type up the new thread. .......

Rev. Williams
06-15-2005, 04:02 PM
OHHHHH the peer pressures killing me. give me a few minutes to type up the new thread. .......
Get on it :D
Whats up Jeff, Sorry we couldn't meet up :( I was always where weren't and when you call Sunday I was already half way home. Now I guess I'll just have to fly out to TN and see how the other half lives.
I did pull a drive by on your boat Saturday night (after my drama with the drunk guy) in the parking lot of your hotel. Very nice!!
I hope you got your drama handled with the boat and glad you made it home safe.

NashvilleBound
06-15-2005, 06:05 PM
I just spent the last half hour writing a book of a new thread then lost it when I tried to post it...... I will try again tomorrow.............