PDA

View Full Version : PICS OF MY ELIMINATOR

novaguy
07-07-2001, 11:39 AM
http://home.earthlink.net/~novaguy/index.html

Racing Ray
07-07-2001, 06:11 PM
Nice boat nova! Where do you normally use it?

flat broke
07-07-2001, 06:16 PM
Novaguy,
Do you have any numbers from your boat? I am in the process of doing a 21' Dana that is pretty similar in size and draft and would be curious to hear what you are hitting with your current engine and pump setup.
Thanks,
Chris

Cas42
07-07-2001, 06:20 PM
Nice looking boat nova. That looks exactly like what my next boat will be like, heck, maybe I'll buy yours, it'll match my truck pretty good.

novaguy
07-07-2001, 09:54 PM
I just bought the bought on the 4th of July( I wanted to remember this special day). I am new to boating, however I used to own a sea-doo. I have asked a question before due to lack of rpm's. The boat is only doing 3800 RPM max. I think this is way too conservative for a CHEVY 454. I just ordered a sea demon (750cfm mechanical secondaries) carburator, k&N filter and a MSD ignition from Summit Racing. I hope this will help with the power and maybe boost the R's up. What do you guys think? I also installed a after market intake grate from Rex Marine. The guy said I should see a 5mph increase by just changing the intake grate.

novaguy
07-07-2001, 09:56 PM
Sorry...I meant I just bought the boat....

spectras only
07-07-2001, 10:40 PM
Nova guy,congrats for your new ride,I've noticed your Indmar manifolds.Those are a bit small for a 454 [breathing wise],I would shop around for a taller exhaust manifold and riser setup if you got enough space under your hatch.Your RPM is low,even if you have a base 330HP motor.You may have a "AA" impeller for cruising economy. If you have time reordering your MSD ign system from Summit ,make sure they send you the marine box,6M- 2,not the 6AL box that made for cars!
[This message has been edited by spectras only (edited July 07, 2001).]

jacuzer
07-08-2001, 12:52 AM
With the same hull, different deck I don't see much, if any water coming over the top.
Wondering why not use the non-marine version 6 series MSD? What is the difference except the price and color? Anybody have any horror stories?

Rod
07-08-2001, 05:53 AM
Great looking boat! do they have a web site for Inmar exhast I got some of them to but I cant get no infor. or where you can get some . thank Rod NC

Racing Ray
07-08-2001, 06:00 AM
http://www.indmar.com/home.cfm

novaguy
07-08-2001, 09:53 AM
Thanks guys...I made sure to order all my MSD "marine". I have an "A" impeller. The guy I bought it from said the most he has gotten his rpm's up were to 4200rpm. I don't want a rocket, I just want a little more speed, that's all.

fat rat
07-08-2001, 10:30 AM
Nova nice boat....good choice on the marine MSD...even though you don't get water in, there is still moisture building inside the bilge area, sorta like a greenhouse effect. When I leave the river I always pull the plug at the ramp to allow the bilge to drain going home. I hope you enjoy your new ride....looks like its been well maintained.

fat rat
07-08-2001, 10:45 AM
Nova I forgot, make sure your primaries and secondaries are opening the full way.....remeber KISS (Keep it simple) it may just be a simple fix. If it not broke don't replace it. Your gains will ge disappointing and your finacial losses will also be disappointing. Just my 2 cents. Good Luck. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/frown.gif