PDA

View Full Version : Only Two More Weeks - Until...

burtandnancy
06-04-2005, 01:17 PM
Hallett Regatta & Poker Run! Ought to be between 300 & 400 boats, 1500 & 2000 happy boaters. Every boats gets a photo shot from the helicopter. Food, beer, wine and coctails and of course In 'n Out at the park after the run, lots of goodies donated by many sponsors. Has got to be the most generous Regatta by ANY manufacturer. Nick pays for everything except the gas (and we're working on that). My personal favorite activity - the water park.
Remember, its a Poker Run, not a race...

4day!!
06-04-2005, 02:00 PM
Where is it at?

Indiansprings
06-04-2005, 03:18 PM
Isn't it the same weekend as the Sleek/Magic run?

little rowe boat
06-04-2005, 03:23 PM
I believe Hallett has their regatta at Lake Mead,Not every year,every other year.From what I have heard they do it up the right way.

Liquid Life
06-05-2005, 02:15 PM
Burtandnancy We are planning to make it out to the regatta, this would be our first time. Had a few questions, sent you an email but not sure if you recieved it.

burtandnancy
06-05-2005, 04:56 PM
Liquid Life, no can't find any message, so ask away here if you like. Our e-mail address is burtandnancy@AOL.com
By the way, I think Nick has hired Neal Diamond and Willie Nelson again this year for the live entertainment. Was that your question?

Magic34
06-06-2005, 12:31 PM
Isn't it the same weekend as the Sleek/Magic run?
Yes.

Magic34
06-06-2005, 12:32 PM
I've been to 2 Hallett regattas and they are really nice, but Neil Diamond........
Good thing the boat isn't done, I'll stay with my boat in Havasu. :D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
06-06-2005, 02:13 PM
We went to one and they are very generous hosts. All you could eat dinner and drinks with a bar. However, we just can't do Mead in our old 20' SS. We got too beat up. Watching all those boats take off for the poker run is an awesome experience. Have a great time.

burtandnancy
06-06-2005, 02:21 PM
Magic 34, guess you're too young for Neal Diamond. Probably won't like Willey Nelson either will you? Heard the door prizes are out of sight, new things coming up daily...

Magic34
06-06-2005, 02:46 PM
Magic 34, guess you're too young for Neal Diamond. Probably won't like Willey Nelson either will you? Heard the door prizes are out of sight, new things coming up daily...
Sadly enough, I have been to one of his concerts here in AZ, a girl I was dating had tickets and I wasn't letting her take someone else, so I went. I was 18 at the time.
They put on a great event at the regatta, but it sucks that it seems I'll always have to choose between my boat builder regatta and my dad's boat builder regatta. I would really love to do both. :cool: They seem to love the father's day deal.

Magic34
06-06-2005, 02:46 PM
Sadly enough, I have been to one of his concerts here in AZ, a girl I was dating had tickets and I wasn't letting her take someone else, so I went. I was 18 at the time.
Did I just admit that??? :hammerhea

Liquid Life
06-06-2005, 03:01 PM
Burtandnancy, For some reason my email is not working, so I will ask away here. We have a 1993 24' that we just got a year ago. I have heard the course run is over a 100 miles long and can be very rough in a 24'. My question is does everyone that attends the regatta run in the poker run, plus I have returned my attachment off the invitation and havent heard anything, will I receive a conformation or anything?
Thanks, Dean

burtandnancy
06-06-2005, 04:48 PM
Dean, you won't get an acknowledgement, just show up. Making the Poker Run in a twentyfour is no problem if its a nice day, and mid-June is usually nice. Just use a little caution going thru the narrows if theres a whole gang of boats at once, its gets choppy. If you decide not to continue the whole run, no problem, you can get your cards at the end of the day. Spend some time at each check point, swim, meet people or have your lunch. A hundred miles is not very long for a Poker Run when you have all day to do it. The party in the park doesn't begin until early evening and goes on until they run out of double-doubles, fries, beer, wine and door prises. If you don't have a good time, well, its your fault. See you there. BTW, I'll be in an open bow 240 myself...

MagicMtnDan
06-06-2005, 04:56 PM
Kinda like car clubs - when the VW guys get together they're talking about intake kits and thumpin' stereos, etc. When the Ferrari club gets together it's leather jackets, jewelry and Mumm champagne, etc.
Oh yeah, so why is it that Hallett does In-N-Out? :D
As for Neil Diamond, he sings like Frank Sinatra did at the end of his career - more like white men rapping (saying) the words to their music. I saw him on the Today show and he had no voice (of course some would say he's never had a voice but that's another thread).
Sounds like a fun Hallett run!

C-2
06-06-2005, 08:12 PM
Burtandnancy, For some reason my email is not working, so I will ask away here. We have a 1993 24' that we just got a year ago. I have heard the course run is over a 100 miles long and can be very rough in a 24'. My question is does everyone that attends the regatta run in the poker run, plus I have returned my attachment off the invitation and havent heard anything, will I receive a conformation or anything?
Thanks, Dean
I've done two of them in my 210 (one while my drive was stuck in gear!), you'll be fine. Make sure you have gas, one less thing to worry about. Like most poker runs, participating in the start isn't required. If you're worried about getting beat up, then hang back for 5 minutes before leaving. Most any summer weekend at Havasu will be just as rough, if not rougher.
As for me....if I can pull my motor, have the engine rebuilt, have the drive rebuilt, get both back in the boat and break it in....before the regatta, I'll be there!

RiverPirate
06-06-2005, 10:09 PM
We are heading up for our first time this year. We have heard nothing but good things about it. Looking forward to the 100 mile poker run. Should be fun. I have done may a regatta and I am curious to see what Nick puts together for his party.

JetBoatRich
06-07-2005, 03:16 AM
The friends I was with last weekend have been going for a few years :wink: and say it is a must go event, first class all the way :wink:

dirty old man
06-07-2005, 07:07 AM
I've attended this event for years, never had a windy day, nor any kind of problem for that matter. The best feature is that every boat is photo'd from a helicopter and the pictures are ready at the party. Suggestion, bring an easy-up to the party. Since they moved the party from the airport to the park, its great to be on grass. I like Willy Nelson myself

burtandnancy
06-08-2005, 12:33 PM
REGARDING E-Z UPS. Nick is setting up quite a few HALLETT logo'd E-Z Ups and will sell them Saturday nite after the party at cost (or less). To be sure to get one, call Hallett and put one on reserve. If he gets enough orders beyond what he's already taking, he'll bring more. Lot of neat things planned, its always a great party. By the way, if you don't have your Hallett yet, there are a few for sale on boattrader and you still have a week and a half to pick one up...

dirty old man
06-09-2005, 09:03 AM
I heard that Nick is bringing up a whole new batch of HALLETT Regatta T-shirts. I've got them going back for years, they are always very well done