PDA

View Full Version : U MF'Rs at FORD !!!!

Liberator TJ1984
06-05-2005, 01:23 PM
You make working on the 6.0 Diesel SOOOOO Easy , every filter is right there in front of you ........TILL IT COMES Time to swap AIR FILTER !!!! :yuk:
don't know WHO designed that POS , but he needs to be kicked in the JUNK :devil:
After taking 2 prybars to the damn thing , cursing the Lord(by accident ) and YOU !!! much sweating and labor got it to come free !!!
Oh yea , I also had on a belt w/buckle , so now I have nice scratches on the side of the truck too :yuk: :cry:
MF'Rs

shadow
06-05-2005, 01:46 PM
You make working on the 6.0 Diesel SOOOOO Easy , every filter is right there in front of you ........TILL IT COMES Time to swap AIR FILTER !!!! :yuk:
don't know WHO designed that POS , but he needs to be kicked in the JUNK :devil:
After taking 2 prybars to the damn thing , cursing the Lord(by accident ) and YOU !!! much sweating and labor got it to come free !!!
Oh yea , I also had on a belt w/buckle , so now I have nice scratches on the side of the truck too :yuk: :cry:
MF'Rs
You must not have had to change the fuel filter in the frame rail yet.You'll be cussing at that one too! :skull:

essexjet
06-05-2005, 02:11 PM
Thats why I changed to K&N. I removes the air box and just sits there in the open. Loosen one hose clamp and off it comes.

Mardonzi
06-05-2005, 02:11 PM
So far in my '05 F350 (had it for 5 months) had an injector grenade and the Fuel Injection Contol Module go out,, Had to coast it into town for 10+ miles.. Good thing they install great wheel bearings

slingingsmoke
06-05-2005, 02:16 PM
I'll post some instructions on changing the air filter. I get mine out in 2 min. w/o bloody knuckles. Gimme time to look em up.
JON.

BOBALOO
06-05-2005, 02:48 PM
I just left my 03 F-250 v 10 at the Needles ford dealer. I think I have an injector prob b/c it is loading up and misfiring like hell. Only 27k mi.

slingingsmoke
06-05-2005, 03:02 PM
http://dan.prxy.org/Truck/F-350_maintance_records/air%20filter/Air_Filter.html
This one should shed some light....BTW if your paying more than $50 for a new air filter you are getting ripped off! Go to www.filter1.com. They have ALL of the filters our trucks need. Also, don't bother changing the filter under 25,000 miles (waste of $$$) unless your driving through a dust cloud 24/7, and the piece of chit air filter minder is a decoration.
JON.
Grampy Jim @ www.thedieselstop.com
Undo the clips and remove them.... you will lose one. Lift up on the clean air bell and pull it towards the rear. Lift the filter from the grommets ( a sharp tug usually does it) and position the spot for the tangs inside the clean air bell.
Lift up on the dirty air bell and, tipping the rear of the filter up, position the spot for the tangs inside the dirty air bell. Lift the filter up and out... reverse the process for installation. The only tool I use is a little screwdriver to pop the clips out.
It's real easy to make this job a lot tougher than it needs to be.
Hope this helps.....

Liberator TJ1984
06-06-2005, 05:07 AM
Thanks Slingingsmoke :D
I have changed many a one out on the earlier models , but never had as much hell as this one !!! :notam: I was starting to think some smartass at the factory put silicon sealer to it for the hell of it :D
( filters are a "fringe benefit " of work :coffeycup (Baldwin)

Sportin' Wood
06-06-2005, 05:42 AM
You must not have had to change the fuel filter in the frame rail yet.You'll be cussing at that one too! :skull:
Imposible to do that and not get fuel everywhere. :220v:

H20 Toie
06-06-2005, 05:51 AM
Nice to know now since my 05 f350 is supposed to be done this week.

slingingsmoke
06-07-2005, 10:51 PM
Imposible to do that and not get fuel everywhere. :220v:
Actually.......it is Possible.
First- completely unscrew and remove the water drain plug and put a 2-liter bottle cut in half underneath it to catch all the diesel fuel that has remained in the fuel filter/watere separator. Then put a terry cloth or other towel around between the cap and the frame (will soak up most of left over fuel). Start to loosen the cap with a 36mm socket and pull out the filter. Replace with new one and retighten the cap.
Should take 5 minutes.
JON.

slingingsmoke
06-07-2005, 10:51 PM
Nice to know now since my 05 f350 is supposed to be done this week.
Did you get it from Power Valencia?