PDA

View Full Version : Poll:Used boats

RACRJEFF
06-05-2005, 07:36 PM
If it was what you wanted and the price was what you wanted? how many of you would purchase a used boat, im curious cause a i have a couple friends that won't buy used anything not cause there big ballers or anything they just feel it's safer, i guess to buy new!!!

H20 Toie
06-05-2005, 07:37 PM
i just bought a used boat even though it was more than a lot of other boats cost new.

Kilrtoy
06-05-2005, 07:38 PM
Hell No

MAINEVENT
06-05-2005, 07:48 PM
Hell No
Dont listen to big baller guy here Hey buy what YOU want ;)

phebus
06-05-2005, 08:05 PM
If you are discriminating, and patient, there are some great deals out there. You just can't compromise on what you want.
You can save a ton on purhase price buying used vs. new, and then save on the tax end too.
I was able to buy a lot more boat buying used, than new.

ryantparks
06-05-2005, 08:32 PM
I bought a used 02 with little hours on it that I thought was in perfect running condition until I took it to the lake and it ran like shit. To make a long story short we yanked the motor, replaced the heads (under warranty luckily) and had the boat running great in about a week. I now know why I got a great deal on but if I was to do it again I would take it to a boat shop and lake test it.
I would still buy another used boat, lots of $$ to be saved.

DeltaSigBoater
06-05-2005, 09:21 PM
A lot of the boats I like they dont build any more, so my only option is used.
But I must admit, when buying new you aren't buying someone else's problems.

LUVNLIFE
06-06-2005, 03:25 AM
All of my boats have been used. I've got some great deals and clean boats. Just take your time and don't feel pressured to buy. The one I have now was a one year old when I bought it and the guy took immaculate care of it. Saved money and got a clean ride. ;)

RiverOtter
06-06-2005, 03:41 AM
I rather let somebody else take the deprecitaion hit. Very few boats are what ya call "appreciating assets" :cool:

SmokinLowriderSS
06-06-2005, 05:05 AM
My used boat was actually a gift I had wanted for decades so I can't complain about price, but I'll buy used for a seccond boat eventually.
I feel safety issues are moot once I have checked it over systemwide and made repairs/refits as needed, maybe even better than some factory items.

sorry dog
06-06-2005, 05:16 AM
All the stuff I buy are junkyard queens.

Dribble
06-06-2005, 06:53 AM
My first boat was a 10 year old Southwind. I sold it as a 21 year old Southwind. Next two boats were new but I wouldn't have a problem buying a used boat, as long as it was only a couple of years old and in good shape.

Dave C
06-06-2005, 07:52 AM
Hell ya... let someone else take the rather large first year depreciation. There are lots of deals out there.
I would but I have an unfair advantage because I can fix almost anything, so I am willing to take the chance that might need some fixing and I can ususally spot trouble before it starts.
Besides new boats break also, just not as frequent. ;) :notam:

Topock Junkie
06-06-2005, 09:14 AM
Look around there are tons of good deals out there. Remeber this there's alot of money out there and to some people these boats are just like TONKA toys. They buy a new boat every year. I will never order a new boat again. Let someone else put 50 or so hours on it, and get all the bugs out of it.

Biglue
06-06-2005, 09:25 AM
I bought an 02 with 32 hours onthe meter. Saved quite a bit too.

Tom Brown
06-06-2005, 10:56 AM
All the stuff I buy are junkyard queens.
They look good on you. :cool:

RiverOtter
06-06-2005, 10:59 AM
There are just too many boats out there that people don't use. Last June I bought my '02 with 70hrs on it (now has 150 :D ). Probably gonna sell it this week. Found another '02 with 90 hours one and sending the deposite off today.

AirtimeLavey
06-06-2005, 11:12 AM
Used...I got a great boat at much less $$$ (almost half!) than what they were going for at the show. It was clean as hell, and I had it mechanically checked out before hand. The body style is still the same as current year, in fact my boat is still on the mfr. web-site!!!
I totally put it to the test at the Damn Run this Sat., it still ran great on Sun! :D
Had little things to deal with when I bought it, but you can get that on new, too. Just gotta look it over closely! The money I saved gets put into other fun and real investments!!!
Good luck. Like someone else said, buy whatever one gets you going...

Nord
06-06-2005, 11:16 AM
I will be selling my boat within the next 2 seasons, and whoever buys it will be stoked!! I've never bought a new boat and I have no complaints!!!! Boats are to F#@$ing expensive right now anyways!!!

djunkie
06-06-2005, 11:20 AM
Bought my '89 Howard used 5 years ago. Everything is original to this date. Even the engine. Never even had a valve cover off and I run the piss out of it. If you find what you like used I say go for it.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/6749july_2002_river_062-med.jpg

sorry dog
06-06-2005, 11:29 AM
They look good on you. :cool:
Are you trying to get this thread moved to bench racers or something?

phebus
06-06-2005, 12:59 PM
Just look at all the DCB's you've seen for sale lately. It looks like a frickin garage sale, and they are all great boats at some serious $$$ savings.