PDA

View Full Version : tennis elbow - tendonitis

Cas
06-06-2005, 07:05 AM
anyone dealing with this?
After many years of swinging a hammer, I've apparently developed it in my right arm. It's been just about 4 weeks now with a pretty fair amount of pain, anti-inflamatories and vicotin aren't working, rest isn't working, the arm brace isn't working which is basically keeping me from working.
Anyone been through this with any success?

MagicMtnDan
06-06-2005, 07:30 AM
Time to switch to the other hand :D

Cas
06-06-2005, 07:38 AM
then the pain will be worse from whacking my thumbs and fingers with the hammer :D
worse part about it is the shooting pain when I try to pick up a cup of coffee :mad:

Music to my Ears
06-06-2005, 08:29 AM
After several cortisone shots that provided temporary relief, my wife had surgery for her tennis elbow. Totally fixed the problem. It took about 4-6 weeks for recovery. Good luck.

syke-o
06-06-2005, 09:31 AM
i just got diagnosed with tendonitis in my upper bicep area where it attached to my left shoulder... been hurting for 2 months or so and went to the dr on fir.. dr gave me some anti inflammatories and told me to take it easy for 2 weeks while taking the meds to see how it does....

Biglue
06-06-2005, 09:38 AM
Time to put downthe smut guys.

Kurtis500
06-06-2005, 11:04 AM
I had wicked 'tennis elbow' in college when playing racquetball. I could hardly use my arm once it got too bad. I put the arm band that goes around te upper forearm with a little inflated bad in it. The inflated part pushed in on the area between the two muscles on the outside of the upper forearm. Fixed the problem almost immediatly. I always use it when I play or the pain comes back after one or two days. Not sure where to get it from though, my doctor gave me a perscription for it back then.

sorry dog
06-06-2005, 11:31 AM
I'm waiting to see what Tom Brown did to fix his elbow...

Cas
06-06-2005, 08:38 PM
Kurtis,
I have one of those also but this time it's not doing a damn thng. Dr said it's not really bad enough for a cortisone shot nor surgery. I just feel like I'm in limbo with this damn thing this time. At this point, it doesn't seem to be getting worse so I really need to get back to work. Being self employed, no work, no pay.

RiverRacer
06-06-2005, 10:26 PM
I have it in my left elbow. I've had 3 Cortisone injections(that's the limit). As long as I don't really load up with work, it's OK, but, as soon as I have to lean on it(use it) it hurts, sometimes for days unfortunately. Surgery is an option if you need to use your arm everyday. I don't, so I just live with it. A can of Beer can be supported by my right arm just fine. Good luck with your outcome, whether injections or surgery.

Tom Brown
06-06-2005, 11:46 PM
I'm waiting to see what Tom Brown did to fix his elbow...
The brace helped but didn't fix it for me.
Basically, it didn't get better until I totally stopped playing racket sports for a few months. The brace and other things helped me play sports but did nothing to make it go away. Now it's excellent but I don't play racket sports very often.
Some of the things that helped most when I was playing racket sports all the time was trying to massage the tendon area of the upper forearm aggressively with my thumb before playing, a good warm up, and regular stretching.
Since I know you are all wondering... yes, it did bother me when I jacked off. It still does. It's not a constant pain but I still get some strange twinges from my arm if it's a long session.

hoolign
06-07-2005, 12:07 AM
Time to put downthe smut guys.
Go put your nose in the corner and don't talk to the rest of the class for 1 hour!