PDA

View Full Version : Jetters at Irvine

Nucking futs
06-07-2005, 12:14 PM
Anyone going To watch the trailer Queens play? I will be out there Sat. cruizin around on my 50 and if its a good showing I might return on Sunday.
Anyone else headin out that way?
Tim

MikeF
06-07-2005, 01:14 PM
I may try to go. Was hoping the whole gig started earlier. I've only heard so far that it starts at 4:00.
Playing golf in the morning for a friends bachelor party deal. We'll see about later that afternoon.
Looks like Sunday is the day to be there though (I gotta work :( ).

CandyA$$
06-07-2005, 01:50 PM
What and where is this event?
If something fun, I might go.

Nucking futs
06-07-2005, 02:20 PM
Its the V-Drive regatta at irvine lake.Will be some nice boats out there to check out. I been to the last 3 and have had a blast even though im not on the water.But I might go "fishing" on sunday.....
Tim

dmontzsta
06-07-2005, 02:25 PM
Let me know if you go fishing, I will help you out. :)

Danhercules
06-07-2005, 04:54 PM
I might go "fishing" on sunday.....
Tim
I hope you catch a large "Brown Trout"

BadBahner
06-08-2005, 08:30 AM
Its the V-Drive regatta at irvine lake.Will be some nice boats out there to check out. I been to the last 3 and have had a blast even though im not on the water.But I might go "fishing" on sunday.....
Tim
Is it this saturday? I may head down there with you... I will even drive.
Eric

Nucking futs
06-08-2005, 08:33 AM
Hey Eric, give me a call.
It is both sat. and sun.
I am going to go sat. about 10 am.
If its a good showing i might go back on sunday but do a little fishing in hte cruiser to get on the water to spectate.
Tim 714 402-4454

BadBahner
06-08-2005, 08:36 AM
Hey Eric, give me a call.
It is both sat. and sun.
I am going to go sat. about 10 am.
If its a good showing i might go back on sunday but do a little fishing in hte cruiser to get on the water to spectate.
Tim 714 402-4454
Are you at that number now?

Nucking futs
06-08-2005, 08:47 AM
nope forgot my phone at home , but if you leave a message at the tone i will get back to you..................................

superdave013
06-08-2005, 09:05 AM
futs, I don't think they will let you on the lake with your crusier. Fishing or not. I'd at least call and make sure before you take it down there.

Nucking futs
06-08-2005, 09:08 AM
Dave, I only live like 5 min. from there so its not a problem,It might be worth the try though........ :wink:
Its been on there before to fish, so i dont see why they wouldnt let me do it again.... :confused:

HBjet
06-08-2005, 11:08 AM
I'm in town this weekend... I might go. When is everyone else going... Sat or Sun?

BadBahner
06-08-2005, 12:00 PM
I'm in town this weekend... I might go. When is everyone else going... Sat or Sun?
Lets meet at Futs's on Sat at 10:00 am is that cool. Then we can carpool. :rollside:
Eric

Nucking futs
06-08-2005, 01:13 PM
OK , I guess it is really only one day.The arivals will be at 4 pm sat. afternoon and then open at 7am sunday mornig. IS this right?
Last few times they were going full force both days.I guess i will be going sunday now unless we hear something different.
Tim

BadBahner
06-08-2005, 01:19 PM
OK , I guess it is really only one day.The arivals will be at 4 pm sat. afternoon and then open at 7am sunday mornig. IS this right?
Last few times they were going full force both days.I guess i will be going sunday now unless we hear something different.
Tim
Whatever... let me know when you want to go.

dmontzsta
06-08-2005, 04:34 PM
Hey fellas I believe the day to go is Sunday, not much happens on Saturday, I heard it opens up at 4pm Saturday just for the early birds to camp out Saturday night and get a few test runs in, all the action happens Sunday.

Nucking futs
06-08-2005, 08:09 PM
I will be going sunday morning about 930 10. Still up to go Eric?

BadBahner
06-08-2005, 08:41 PM
I will be going sunday morning about 930 10. Still up to go Eric?
I am good for 10:00 on Sunday... I will meet you at your house.
Eric

Cs19
06-08-2005, 09:18 PM
I might go Sunday, Ill keep in touch with you guys.
The hot ticket would be to rent an irvine lake pontoon boat and just drop anchor out there.
I offered the guy $275 last year to let my daytona in, flats only pay $50...Still said No.We just sat on the bluff last year and hung out.

BadBahner
06-08-2005, 10:35 PM
I might go Sunday, Ill keep in touch with you guys.
The hot ticket would be to rent an irvine lake pontoon boat and just drop anchor out there.
I offered the guy $275 last year to let my daytona in, flats only pay $50...Still said No.We just sat on the bluff last year and hung out.
I would kick in to rent something on Sunday. As long as we can take a cooler out on the boat I am cool with that.
Eric

Nucking futs
06-09-2005, 07:09 AM
Well lets all meet up, pack some coolers and check out the rentals and go from there.We need a video camara too.
Tim

superdave013
06-09-2005, 07:35 AM
I love the SMELL of ALKY in the MORNING warm ups at 7 sharp!!! sun. :rollside: :rollside: NKRA will be represented!
Just from reading this it might be worth showing up a early AM. I know if I didn't have to work I'd be there to see mad man Wayne do a warm up lap!

dmontzsta
06-09-2005, 08:22 AM
Just from reading this it might be worth showing up a early AM. I know if I didn't have to work I'd be there to see mad man Wayne do a warm up lap!
Early AM is when all the people flood into the LBC. :)
If you go, let me know and I will bring my water pump to see if you have the right fittings, I guess that is assuming you carry a wide variety of fittings with you at all times.

carbonfiber50
06-12-2005, 07:57 AM
Did anyone go yesterday? Is anyone going today? If so, what time?

WUTWZAT
06-12-2005, 09:44 AM
I went yesterday, not much happened. Watched a K boat that sound real good until it lost its motor, blew the block to peices had a nice green sludge coming out of what was the oil pan. Pretty sad moment, but as always it runs its best just before it lets go. Plus, Futs you may get on the lake to "fish" if you launch at the main gate on the canyon road. Everyone else the entrane to the event is down to the next street to the dead end and hang a left. There are signs up pointing you there, I guess you just gotta be looking for them to find them.
Good luck in catching something good
Jason

RCB19
06-12-2005, 11:00 PM
Trailer Queens??? This is an undestatement. Went this afternoon and 90% of the boats were on the trailer. Can't have fun like this... At least us jetters can't. :D

olbiezer
06-12-2005, 11:07 PM
what color was the k that had the motor problems? who's was it do u know?

dmontzsta
06-13-2005, 06:22 AM
Trailer Queens??? This is an undestatement. Went this afternoon and 90% of the boats were on the trailer. Can't have fun like this... At least us jetters can't. :D
I dont know about you, but we stayed there most of the day and I think I saw everyboat run atleast once. Alot of the boats there were there were pure race boats, so they were more test n tune and didnt want to blow their shit up before the races.

Nucking futs
06-13-2005, 07:08 AM
I was there as well and just to be clear on this , The lake would only let a few boats on at a time is what i understood. The name fits( trailer queens ) but it was impressive when the big boys would go out to play.
Had a great time hanging with freinds and meeting new ones.
Great turn out and it just keeps getting bigger.
We still need a jet boat deal out there....................Soon
Tim

Cs19
06-13-2005, 07:24 AM
Were there any jetboats on the water?

Nucking futs
06-13-2005, 07:26 AM
NOPE !!!!

Hustler
06-13-2005, 07:29 AM
Not a one and if you would of showed up you would known this :D
I was very impressed with the turn out and the boats. That P37 boat was a blast to watch.

dmontzsta
06-13-2005, 08:20 AM
Not a one and if you would of showed up you would known this :D
I was very impressed with the turn out and the boats. That P37 boat was a blast to watch.
That little focker was out of control, they drove the shit out of that thing, hearing it spin up to damn near 10k down the straights was insane.

Hustler
06-13-2005, 09:06 AM
There was few times I thought I was standing in bad spot but he pulled it out :D

Nucking futs
06-13-2005, 09:14 AM
Larry was driving that thing and pushing it to no end.Its my understanding Larry will be driving that thing from now on.It was bitchen watching that thing come straight at you!!!

Hustler
06-13-2005, 09:21 AM
Larry was driving that thing and pushing it to no end.Its my understanding Larry will be driving that thing from now on.It was bitchen watching that thing come straight at you!!!
It was an awsome sight but I almost moved my bike after watching a few boats come straight at us.

Nucking futs
06-13-2005, 09:24 AM
It was an awsome sight but I almost moved my bike after watching a few boats come straight at us.
Yeah, I think we all took a few steps back a couple times.

dmontzsta
06-13-2005, 09:55 AM
That boat probably ran the longest and hardest out of them all. I was talking to my buddy and he said that in the entire sport of cracker racing, there has only been 3 people killed and that they are pretty safe.
I know they turn like a mother.

RCB19
06-13-2005, 10:34 AM
Ya, I was only able to hang for a couple hours so I probably missed some of the big stuff. There was some very impressive hardware there though. Wounder if a jetters event could be organized???