PDA

View Full Version : Loader ?work In Swtd?

atxwrangler
06-07-2005, 10:59 PM
DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS LOADER, I AM PLANNING TO USE IT IN MY 79 SOUTHWIND TUNNEL DRAGSTER.http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2686ebay_stuff_5-3-2005_060-thumb.jpg http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2686ebay_stuff_5-3-2005_061-thumb.jpg :rolleyes:

MudPumper
06-07-2005, 11:04 PM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2686ebay_stuff_5-3-2005_060.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2686ebay_stuff_5-3-2005_061.jpg

atxwrangler
06-07-2005, 11:07 PM
:rollside: thanks mudpumper, i was fixin to try to do that! :rollside:

MudPumper
06-07-2005, 11:10 PM
:wink:

atxwrangler
06-08-2005, 09:51 AM
HELLO ! ANYONE OUT THERE, FUTS , FOURQ, WHERE ARE YOU'ALL? :shift:

DeputyDawg
06-08-2005, 10:05 AM
I am pretty sure that it is a quadrant loader built by Scott Seastrom. Give him a call at 501-624-0137 and he can probably help you out.

Wicked Performance Boats
06-08-2005, 06:34 PM
Looks like some sort of water biplane [WWII vintage] :D Budlight

atxwrangler
06-08-2005, 11:57 PM
thanx guys,i have never seen anything like but, i will call and check into it, i was thinking that it may be used for higher hp motors , and that would be good reason i havn't seen one.not too many responses,i guess everybody is stumped on this one, ha ha! :confused:

NELSON#109
06-09-2005, 12:25 AM
be carefull...

LVjetboy
06-09-2005, 02:49 AM
atxwrangler,
It's like most things in this sport, protected information, often shrouded in racing secrecy for good reason, but never published. So we look at a dual ramp loader and srcrath our heads.
jer

Nucking futs
06-09-2005, 06:46 AM
You have it, Why not try it.Like nelson said, BE CAREFULL !!!
send it to me, I will try it in the cruiser....lol Ill try anything once. :shift:

atxwrangler
06-09-2005, 08:23 AM
i will definately try it, the guy that this boat was purchased from used to do a lot of racing, i think this was his next project or something. :rollside:

bp
06-09-2005, 07:30 PM
this looks like an attempt to create a loader for a standard berk intake that is fashioned after an R type intake. the upper plate is very similar to what that would look like. i would want to know how low below the pad mount that the ramp/plate is, and when installed, how those plates relate to keel centerline. if the outside of that upper plate is deeper than keel centerline, you could tend to load the pump too hard.
is your intake fitted with a shoe/ride plate? it would also be interesting to know how the rear plate on this loader looks with respect to the shoe. from the looks of it, this loader could have been developed in-lieu of having a shoe installed. that bottom plate may just cover the top of a shoe, and i would want to check the depth of the biting edge of that plate with respect to keel centerline. if it's deeper than keel centerline, again you could overload your pump or have shutdown issues. if it's above keel centerline, it may not have much of an effect, and may have a negative effect if you have a shoe/rideplate.
i would also make sure the mounting pad fits snug in the pocket, and that the sides of it are not bouncing/vibrating against the walls of the suction piece. vibration/banging against the suction piece can cause cracking/breakage of the suction piece. make sure this thing is solid!

atxwrangler
06-10-2005, 06:39 AM
:eat: thanks bp. my boat has no shoe .the ride plate doesn't attach to the intake.it is fashioned after the droop with built in ride plate .it attaches to the transom ring at the bottom two middle bolt holes. i will check out how the loader fits into the intake and post more info and maybe a pic when my boat comes back from the paint booth in two weeks. :eat:

Cs19
06-10-2005, 07:43 AM
IVe seen very similar loaders for PWC racing, thats what they are running for rough water courses.
Make sure the welds are good, and the part isnt weak before you go run it.
You wont know if it works or not till you try it against something else.

atxwrangler
06-10-2005, 02:04 PM
roger that, thanx! :rollside:

Sanger Jet
06-10-2005, 02:09 PM
A Homemade Loader can be a dangerous and expensive item. BE CAREFUL!!!! You could always use it for an Anchor?

bp
06-10-2005, 06:27 PM
:eat: thanks bp. my boat has no shoe .the ride plate doesn't attach to the intake.it is fashioned after the droop with built in ride plate .it attaches to the transom ring at the bottom two middle bolt holes. i will check out how the loader fits into the intake and post more info and maybe a pic when my boat comes back from the paint booth in two weeks. :eat:
didn't you have the intake out of it? if so, why not have the intake machined for a shoe/ride plate? performance in this boat will improved with the right shoe.
the other thing, you might want to bead blast that loader, get all the paint/whatever off of it and check very thoroughly for cracks, and any welding deficiencies.

atxwrangler
06-10-2005, 07:41 PM
i never removed the intake, because i was told that it would rip fiberglass and all out of the bottom of the boat.is this true? how difficult is it to get out?who would i send it to that would know the proper shoe to fit it with?it is still possible, but i am reserved about it because of ignorance.what sealer would i use to re-install it into the boat? would it be worth it?i will check the loader thouroughly,other than surface rust it looks to be in good shape.i just realized by looking at it there is aa stamp on it that reads JAC SEA 003. thanks for all your time and knowledge. :cool:

ARS Marine inc.east
06-10-2005, 07:44 PM
Could that be Jack or Scott Seastrom?
If so the man can weld.