PDA

View Full Version : Neighbor advise

Outnumbered
06-08-2005, 12:29 PM
My neighbor has three dogs and does not pick up the shit. We have an HOA. Its a nice area and most peeps are pretty cool. We'll this guy is a renter and we get along fine. I want to ask him to pick up the shit cause of the occasional smell when the wind is blowing right and the flys. Its pissing me off pretty bad. But the wife wants me to just call the HOA cause I pissed off the other neighbor who leaves his 1 year old Golden Retriever in a focking crate all day in his garage barking and whining to get out while he's at work. Dog is going to be a mental case before its 2. I just asked the guy if he could let his dog out and now he's gotta grudge against me.
Anyway, what would you do?
Thanks

Sleek-Jet
06-08-2005, 12:31 PM
If he's a renter, call the prop. manegment company or prop. owner... most have a one stike policy. The guy could be gone soon if you do...

Outnumbered
06-08-2005, 12:33 PM
If he's a renter, call the prop. manegment company or prop. owner... most have a one stike policy. The guy could be gone soon if you do...
The kicker is that he rents from his best friend who also stays there time to time.

totenhosen
06-08-2005, 12:34 PM
What do the HOA CC&R's say about it as far as nuisance guidelines? It's a tough call but what thats what the HOA is for.
Is the garage at least air conditioned. That dog is going to die in the garage.

Outnumbered
06-08-2005, 12:36 PM
What do the HOA CC&R's say about it as far as nuisance guidelines? It's a tough call but what thats what the HOA is for.
Is the garage at least air conditioned. That dog is going to die in the garage.
Thats is kinda the catch-22. They (HOA-CCRS) are not real clear and may not have much power. So if I go that route and it does not work then the guy will know I tried to throw him under the bus and prolly will be pissed at me if I ask him to clean it up after the HOA has no effect.

FREIND OF AA AND TA
06-08-2005, 12:36 PM
Let the hoa take care of it and in the mean time put it on his porch when he's not lookimg. He will get the hint.

Sleek-Jet
06-08-2005, 12:37 PM
Animal control maybe??? He's allready pissed at you, so he's gonna know who called the doggy cops, but they might be able to confiscate the dogs/or fine his ass if he doesn't take care of the "shit"...
My brother and I are having the same problems with a nieghbor and his out of control Rots right now. I can sympathies... :hammerhea

Throttle
06-08-2005, 12:39 PM
If the crap still ends up in your yard, scoop it up on leave it on his door step with a note - dear owner, scoop up after your dog and get OUTA here!

Outnumbered
06-08-2005, 12:41 PM
Animal control maybe??? He's allready pissed at you, so he's gonna know who called the doggy cops, but they might be able to confiscate the dogs/or fine his ass if he doesn't take care of the "shit"...
My brother and I are having the same problems with a nieghbor and his out of control Rots right now. I can sympathies... :hammerhea
No, this guy is not pissed at me. We get along fine.
The other neighbor who locks his full grown dog in a crate in his garage in the AZ heat is pissed at me. But we were buds before the dog in the crate thing. I was pretty cool when I talked to him about it and he just snapped.
But animal control may be a good idea.
Thanks

burtandnancy
06-08-2005, 12:41 PM
call the HOA management, you don't need to creat the bad feelings. Unfortunately, some HOA's don't have much teeth and if the renter decides not to comply theres not much they can do. Then it drops back in your lap to handle the situation. When HOA's don't do their job, its costs you in the long run as your property values aren't maintained as they should. Good luck

Outnumbered
06-08-2005, 12:42 PM
If the crap still ends up in your yard, scoop it up on leave it on his door step with a note - dear owner, scoop up after your dog and get OUTA here!
We have a block wall. Its just the flys and the smell issue. Can't see it unless you look over the wall.

WaTchTheGelCoat
06-08-2005, 12:48 PM
I say if you are cool with him, offer him a cold one, and while you are BSing ask him about all the poopy. Let him know you occasionally smell it. If i was the guy I would clean that chit up right away. :D

MagicMtnDan
06-08-2005, 12:51 PM
Do a search for a similar thread someone posted about a cat shitting in their yard. Then do whatever everyone suggested for the cat. One of the most popular responses seemed to be to kill the cat... :devil:

totenhosen
06-08-2005, 12:52 PM
We have a block wall. Its just the flys and the smell issue. Can't see it unless you look over the wall.
Being in AZ I doubt he has a gardener that comes by weekly, otherwise you could ask the gardener to take care of it.

phuggit
06-08-2005, 12:53 PM
Fock'n HOA's. I bet if you left your trash cans out in the driverway over one day they would sure as hell fine you.

cole13
06-08-2005, 12:53 PM
No reason to call the doggy police. I would just leave him a note on the door. Or invite him over to your yard when you smell and then ask him if he smells it too.

RiverDave
06-08-2005, 12:55 PM
Why is it so hard for people to just walk next door and have a civil conversation about concerns nowdays?
Don't be such a panzi.. Just walk over there and say "Hey man you got a minute? Now I'm not one to complain, and you and I get along pretty well.... but you've never had to sit over _____________ when the wind takes a change.. Make my whole house smell like shit. Now you and I both know that prick across the street leaves his golden retriever in a crate all day, why don't you walk the dog over to his yard everyday for awhile?" :)
Problem Solved.
RD

Outnumbered
06-08-2005, 01:03 PM
Why is it so hard for people to just walk next door and have a civil conversation about concerns nowdays?
Don't be such a panzi.. Just walk over there and say "Hey man you got a minute? Now I'm not one to complain, and you and I get along pretty well.... but you've never had to sit over _____________ when the wind takes a change.. Make my whole house smell like shit. Now you and I both know that prick across the street leaves his golden retriever in a crate all day, why don't you walk the dog over to his yard everyday for awhile?" :)
Problem Solved.
RD
That's me RD :D I'm with ya on that tactic. I guess I'm just second guessing myself after the incident with the other neighbor who used to have brews with me once in a while who is now a total dick and won't hardly talk to me.

Norseman
06-08-2005, 01:08 PM
No, this guy is not pissed at me. We get along fine.
The other neighbor who locks his full grown dog in a crate in his garage in the AZ heat is pissed at me. But we were buds before the dog in the crate thing. I was pretty cool when I talked to him about it and he just snapped.
But animal control may be a good idea.
Thanks
I think you need to bring the guy with the dog in the crate a beer and have a talk.
If he acts like an ASS Hole then you could always show him how it feels to be locked in a crate in the garage!!!! :2purples: :hammerhea
And if it was me I'd talk to the other guy. And ask him nice if he could take care of the problem. If he doesn't then talk to the owner of the property.
Bob

lucky
06-08-2005, 01:09 PM
Problem Solved.
RD
THAT WOULD WORK -- OR YOU COULD HAVE A "RIVER TRASH PARTY TO PISS HIM OFF " LMAO BOAT COP IS INVITED OF COURSE :cool:

Norseman
06-08-2005, 01:11 PM
Problem Solved.
RD
This sounds like a solution to both problems. Just watch out they don't start shooting at each other, it sounds like your in the middle!! :jawdrop:

cxr133
06-08-2005, 01:14 PM
outnumbered.....
being one of you other neighbors, i think your right about those two pricks and their barking dogs and the smell woof.......
but while we are on the subject can you get your damn kids to pick up their toys and trash and stop working on your boat in the driveway and all those empty beer cans make our neighborhood look like a ghetto..
ohh yah while im on the subject bbq's should be held in your backyard not in the driveway!!!
ask you wife if i can borrow a cup of sugar??
HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :rollside: :rollside: :rollside: :

HM
06-08-2005, 01:28 PM
Problem Solved.
RD
Look at RD, trying to be the ambassador .... and shit.
Tell them you know a great dog sitter/walker named Frenchie. :hammer2:

Outnumbered
06-08-2005, 01:37 PM
outnumbered.....
being one of you other neighbors, i think your right about those two pricks and their barking dogs and the smell woof.......
but while we are on the subject can you get your damn kids to pick up their toys and trash and stop working on your boat in the driveway and all those empty beer cans make our neighborhood look like a ghetto..
ohh yah while im on the subject bbq's should be held in your backyard not in the driveway!!!
ask you wife if i can borrow a cup of sugar??
HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :rollside: :rollside: :rollside: :
Focker, you blew my cover :cool:
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/973ghetto_boat.jpg

all charged up
06-08-2005, 03:07 PM
My neighbor has three dogs and does not pick up the shit. We have an HOA. Its a nice area and most peeps are pretty cool. We'll this guy is a renter and we get along fine. I want to ask him to pick up the shit cause of the occasional smell when the wind is blowing right and the flys. Its pissing me off pretty bad. But the wife wants me to just call the HOA cause I pissed off the other neighbor who leaves his 1 year old Golden Retriever in a focking crate all day in his garage barking and whining to get out while he's at work. Dog is going to be a mental case before its 2. I just asked the guy if he could let his dog out and now he's gotta grudge against me.
Anyway, what would you do?
Thanks
Call Peoria PD code enforcement. They will take care of it or refer you to somebody that will take care of it that has authority. I know a few of the code people over there and they will get it taken care of within a few days. They will not disclose your identity if you ask.

ROZ
06-08-2005, 03:14 PM
Just put up a couple signs in your yard that read:
Sign 1. "neighbor name" must be into SCAT, because he never pics up the dog shit that can be smelled 2 houses away! Kids don't eat the tooteis rolls in the grass!
SIgn 2. "neighbor name" must be into Beastiality S&M, because he leaves his friggen dog locked up in a crate in the garage all day!
Instead of writing the neighbor's name, you can use an arrow and direct it toward the offencer's house...
If they don't want to abide by the HOA's they should move somewhare that doesn't have them...
You can also get bumperstickers that read my neighbors are pansies :D
Let me know if they work :D

meaniam
06-08-2005, 03:16 PM
I say if you are cool with him, offer him a cold one, and while you are BSing ask him about all the poopy. Let him know you occasionally smell it. If i was the guy I would clean that chit up right away. :D
i think an reasonable person would comply with cleaning up pooh. the person would have to agree with the smell factor. and should respect the face to face. rather then the stabbing of calling someone else. i say get right to the point.bro can you clean the shit. tired of the flys and smell.
unless it is not really that bad, and you are one of those hard to please whining neighbors.

Outnumbered
06-08-2005, 03:38 PM
i think an reasonable person would comply with cleaning up pooh. the person would have to agree with the smell factor. and should respect the face to face. rather then the stabbing of calling someone else. i say get right to the point.bro can you clean the shit. tired of the flys and smell.
unless it is not really that bad, and you are one of those hard to please whining neighbors.
No whiners. :cry: Its funny, the lady that lives on the other side of him asked us if we had flies and smelled shit. So I guess its not just me :notam:

Thunder Struck
06-08-2005, 04:36 PM
Just post this!http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1778pic12052.jpg

Brooski
06-08-2005, 06:40 PM
Call Peoria PD code enforcement. They will take care of it or refer you to somebody that will take care of it that has authority. I know a few of the code people over there and they will get it taken care of within a few days. They will not disclose your identity if you ask.
That is what I was gonna recommend. We would contact the offending party, and the complaintant remains anonymous. Its a health hazard that needs to be corrected. Plus it stinks! Sometimes the SPCA or Humane Society can help too. Good luck.

Krazy K
06-08-2005, 07:51 PM
Yeah, I'd call the SPCA on that crated dog. That's neglect...

HORNY _DAWG
06-08-2005, 07:53 PM
Just tell me where he lives! I was in the taco bell dumpster this after noon, i got one hell of a stool ready to drop!