PDA

View Full Version : Did I miss something?

Throttle
06-08-2005, 08:16 PM
I was reading the article today in powerboat that featured the desert storm poker run and it said nothing about the run... had a few cool pix but the story was based more about the history of the city... thanks for nothin PB.

jdnichols
06-08-2005, 09:26 PM
Thats exactly what I told them yesterday when I spoke to the new editor. I was very disappointed!! I made sure they had a room at the Nautical, right in the thick of things and that's all they could write? :hammerhea

moneypit
06-08-2005, 09:33 PM
I saw them walking all over the registration area doing their interviews and getting names and what not.. I even saw the Heli flying around taking photos...
Seems to me that Powerboat needs to fire a photographer and a columnist for mis-use of corporate funds...
Jim, I would send those people a bill for the room.

Kachina26
06-09-2005, 05:47 AM
I just read it last night and was left wondering "what happened?" . Also, no mention of Art....................

Sleek-Jet
06-09-2005, 05:49 AM
Powerboat has a magazi....
wait a second...
that doesn't sound right... :hammer2: :D

Throttle
06-09-2005, 07:30 AM
I am glad to see it was not just me!
hey PB - what a disappointment!
money raised too, lots of money... how about being proud of how much and where it went!

CJ
06-09-2005, 08:17 AM
Seems to me that Powerboat needs to fire a photographer and a columnist for mis-use of corporate funds...
And they screwed most of the few stats that they did publish up. Nice job Powerboat!
Can't fire anyone, they all left. Last month was the last month published by Nordskog and written by Becker. Oh well, anyone want a job. Start writing and submitting!

KACHINA KEN
06-09-2005, 08:24 AM
I was reading the article today in powerboat that featured the desert storm poker run and it said nothing about the run... had a few cool pix but the story was based more about the history of the city... thanks for nothin PB.
I was kinda disappointed as well, no shots of the dinner or awards or sign in or LAKERACER even!

Throttle
06-09-2005, 11:57 AM
I did not even look any further.... I left my copy near the toilet at work...
does hb have a mag? maybe a newsletter?

BeetleJuice
06-09-2005, 09:57 PM
It was awesome that Jim and Art started doing the Poker Runs again. It was a great event and I was totally disappointed that all PB magazine did was give us a history lesson on Havasu!

uncle larry
06-10-2005, 08:19 AM
Have Pen Will Write for "Boat"