PDA

View Full Version : Transom Housing extention

GUGS102
04-29-2006, 12:09 PM
I moved the intake back 2" and although I can machine my existing housing, I thought I'd see if anyone had a deeper housing sitting in the corner. Blown428 has a dominator for sale and I am waiting on measurements to determine if this will eliminate the problem. Since the Berk housing comes in below the bowl opening, the intake hits the drain hole boss.
Curious what others have done to correct this issue. At only 2" I don't want transom plates, and don't think I'll need them.
All input appreciated.
Gugs

poncho-pwr
04-29-2006, 02:42 PM
I have a spare Dominator housing adaptor that measures 7 1/2" on the bottom and 5 1/2" on the top and has drain plug hole and holes for two cables. It is fiberglass.

GUGS102
04-29-2006, 03:39 PM
Poncho -
I think that will work. How are the condition of the holes etc. Does it have the standard hole for the steering cable on the left side as you look at the back of the boat? The reverse cable runs on the top right and the diverter cable is in the hull so that's not an issue.
Can you grab a pic? How much do you want for it. Is the bolt pattern the same? three on the sides and two upper and lower sections with an 11.5" hole for the pump bowl? Cool, this may work well. What color?
Thanks,
Gugs

blown428fe
04-29-2006, 09:04 PM
Sent you a pm. Just reading this post and it seems to be the same problem I had on my last boat, it was hitting the intake. My Berk. housing wasnt as deep as the dominator. Had to go with a 2" spacer to use the Berk housing. Ill put a pic up Sunday of the spacer.

RCB19
04-30-2006, 08:41 AM
Here is a stock Berk transom adapter modified to fit a setback intake. The flange was cut off and 2.5" of material was added. The flange was then welded back in place. Credit goes to MPD.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/2984transom_010.jpg

poncho-pwr
04-30-2006, 10:25 AM
Check your PMs GUGS102.