PDA

View Full Version : I actually have.......................

barbigrl
06-10-2005, 07:35 AM
A boating question!!! So my parents are looking to buy a boat, (I think it is a ploy to get me to hang out with them more) they virtually have NO clue when it comes to boats. They are heading off to the Pomona boat show tomorrow to take a look. I am trying to convince them not to come home with a Gayliner or a Sea Ray...
I think that a deck/pontoon boat would be the best option for them.
They are looking to spend under 30k for it....is that even possible? Does anyone have any suggestions??? THANKS!! :p

69 Elim
06-10-2005, 07:37 AM
under $30k, buy a couple year old boat - much better off.

Scream
06-10-2005, 07:39 AM
My sister bought a 23' Maxum deck boat last year for Arrowhead (first boat ever for her and her bf). I've not been on hers, but I checked them out at the last LA boat show. I thought they were pretty nice all told. Very versitile, enough speed to get you where you want to go, easy on easy off (important as they get less mobile) and for the most part I think they are reliable. Probably the top speed will be somewhere between 45 and 50, and I'd say closer to the 45 IMO, but the cost was not too bad. The deck boat had a porta potty, but the space could be used for storage (massive space) and had table...sink...lots of features they may be interested in.
If this is thier first boat, they should consider something pretty vanilla IMO, then move up the food chain later.
Scream

riverliver
06-10-2005, 07:42 AM
They want you to hang out with them ? Are they nuts....LMAO
J/K :D

barbigrl
06-10-2005, 07:43 AM
My sister bought a 23' Maxum deck boat last year for Arrowhead (first boat ever for her and her bf). I've not been on hers, but I checked them out at the last LA boat show. I thought they were pretty nice all told. Very versitile, enough speed to get you where you want to go, easy on easy off (important as they get less mobile) and for the most part I think they are reliable. Probably the top speed will be somewhere between 45 and 50, and I'd say closer to the 45 IMO, but the cost was not too bad. The deck boat had a porta potty, but the space could be used for storage (massive space) and had table...sink...lots of features they may be interested in.
If this is thier first boat, they should consider something pretty vanilla IMO, then move up the food chain later.
Scream
Thanks Scream...yes they definitly need something reliable!!! They just want something to cruz around the lake with and have my one year old nephew on. They have a Toyata Highlander...do you think that thing can tow one??
And Riverliver...my mother is already asking if they get a boat, can they come hang out with my friends and I :cry: :cry: (my mom still thinks she is in her 20's.....she is a milf)

Jordy
06-10-2005, 07:44 AM
They want you to hang out with them ? Are they nuts....LMAO
J/K :D
Actually it would be a good thing now that she's been kicked out of Parker and D-row. It would give her a few more options. :D :D :D
Oh and BG, just make sure whatever they get has a sand removal feature for when you're around. ;) :D

Eliminator 4 Life
06-10-2005, 07:52 AM
A boating question!!! So my parents are looking to buy a boat, (I think it is a ploy to get me to hang out with them more) they virtually have NO clue when it comes to boats. They are heading off to the Pomona boat show tomorrow to take a look. I am trying to convince them not to come home with a Gayliner or a Sea Ray...
They are looking to spend under 30k for it....is that even possible? Does anyone have any suggestions??? THANKS!! :p
Uh HELLO who did you hang out with all weekend that sells boats are you fawkin kidding me thats it I see what side of the ship Im on now :devil:

Mandelon
06-10-2005, 07:54 AM
(my mom still thinks she is in her 20's.....she is a milf)
OK, we need pics..... :wink:

BADBLOWN572
06-10-2005, 07:59 AM
no way possible to get a custom boat for under $30k. It won't happen. If that is their price range, they are going to be limited to boats like Bayliners or Sea-Rays. I would look at buying a couple year old boat and have someone go through it and make sure that it is right. I might know a couple of people who are capable if you are interested. :p

barbigrl
06-10-2005, 08:00 AM
Don't have any here at work.....sorry!! hahaa
Oops Rob I forgot you sell boats....hehee.. :p

barbigrl
06-10-2005, 08:02 AM
no way possible to get a custom boat for under $30k. It won't happen. If that is their price range, they are going to be limited to boats like Bayliners or Sea-Rays. I would look at buying a couple year old boat and have someone go through it and make sure that it is right. I might know a couple of people who are capable if you are interested. :p
Thanks Danny!! That is what I was telling them too....my step-father thinks he knows everything!!! They wanted to get a 28' something for under 20K I told them they were high unless they got some old piece of sh**!!! I may be calling you later!!

NOTALENT
06-10-2005, 08:03 AM
I second that notion....can we get a third??? :D

cxr133
06-10-2005, 08:07 AM
bbgirl.....
i traded im my gayliner this year for the new yamaha sportboats.
they start at about 26 and go up to 35... they are all about 23'
tell your people to look at these they might like them

Quality Time
06-10-2005, 08:29 AM
they virtually have NO clue when it comes to boats. :
May I suggest you enroll them in a Safe Boating Course not matter what they decide on.

mbrown2
06-10-2005, 08:32 AM
Have them look at that 22-23 Ft Orion.....Orange/White, V-Drive, with Waketower...that is a sick boat for the price in the mid to upper 30's...

NOTALENT
06-10-2005, 08:39 AM
Have them look at that 22-23 Ft Orion.....Orange/White, V-Drive, with Waketower...that is a sick boat for the price in the mid to upper 30's...
it sold..

uglycstmr
06-10-2005, 08:39 AM
My girlfriend and her husband just bought a 28' deck boat for $24,000, I'm thinking Carrera, I believe it was a 1999. So it sounds like any newer could exceed $30 quick like.

Garrddogg
06-10-2005, 08:40 AM
I hate to admit this on here but I would like to have a little production puddle skipper also! I'm gonna catch hell for this one.. :eek:
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/508/12842005_LA_Boatshow_026.jpg

barbigrl
06-10-2005, 08:47 AM
May I suggest you enroll them in a Safe Boating Course not matter what they decide on.
That is a good idea!!! :idea:
Thanks everyone for the advice!!!!
And Force...that Bayliner fits you!!!! J/k :D :D

mbrown2
06-10-2005, 08:49 AM
it sold..
That was a great boat for the person that wanted to wakeboard, have custom gel, the ride and handling of a v-drive, tower for the system, etc....and at a great price.

Second "PLACE"
06-10-2005, 08:50 AM
(my mom still thinks she is in her 20's.....she is a milf)
Barbigrl, the "MILF" can ride w/us anytime :D

NOTALENT
06-10-2005, 08:53 AM
That was a great boat for the person that wanted to wakeboard, have custom gel, the ride and handling of a v-drive, tower for the system, etc....and at a great price.
I know it...I was stoked when I saw it...tried to get my shit done so I could sell it..and then buy that one..but nope...didnt work out.. I should have a new boat by next summer now..GO big or go home! :D

Jordy
06-10-2005, 08:59 AM
I hate to admit this on here but I would like to have a little production puddle skipper also! I'm gonna catch hell for this one.. :eek:
Lookin' good. What's in there for power? I think a 1075 Merc and a #6 would make that puppy scream. :D :D :D
shit, I'm sorry about the dog reference. :D

RiverDave
06-10-2005, 09:00 AM
If it was me I'd look through the boat trader.. With a one year old a pontoon boat would be at the top of my list. You can literally throw their play pen right on deck (covered = shade etc..) and go from there.
RD

meaniam
06-10-2005, 09:03 AM
ANYBODY REMEMBER A POST ON A MAN THOUGHT JUST BOUGHT A BAYLINER, AND WAS GOING TO CRUISE THE CHANNEL. HE SEEMED REALLY STOKED. WAS THAT A FU@KIN JOKE. WAS THE 2 PEOPLE ON HERE SERIOUS (BAYLINER GUY AND THE ONE TALKING ABOUT WAKE TOWER WITH SOUND SYSTEM), IM NOT ONE TO MAKE FUN OF PEOPLES TREASURES. BUT I HAVE A HARD TIME THINKING THIS WAS REAL. DID ANYONE GET PICS OF HIM IN THE CHANNEL SHOW HE COULD MAKE IT HIS AVIATOR.
PEACE
MIKE :devil:

meaniam
06-10-2005, 09:06 AM
I WANT THIS TO BE MY AVIATOR :cry:

meaniam
06-10-2005, 09:07 AM
Lookin' good. What's in there for power? I think a 1075 Merc and a #6 would make that puppy scream. :D :D :D
WHAT is the number 6 on the mcdonalds menu

My Man's Sportin' Wood
06-10-2005, 09:08 AM
And Riverliver...my mother is already asking if they get a boat, can they come hang out with my friends and I :cry: :cry: (my mom still thinks she is in her 20's.....she is a milf)
I have the same problem! I think my parents are offended that we don't invite them to hang out with our friends. Yet they, actually my dad, doesn't like to meet new people. He does not play well with others, especially large groups. So I try to balance the time, but as I get more and more friends who hang out at Katherine, it becomes more difficult. Eventually, you all are going to have to meet them, that's all there is to it. LOL Barbie, maybe we should just hook your parents up with my parents and they can party with each other and we can hang out with our friends and not feel guilty!

Scape Goat
06-10-2005, 09:10 AM
On memorial there was this dude cruising the channel, don't know if it was him but this guy had two fine ass chicks. Just for the girls I would have jumped on his boat

Badger301
06-10-2005, 09:27 AM
ANYBODY REMEMBER A POST ON A MAN THOUGHT JUST BOUGHT A BAYLINER, AND WAS GOING TO CRUISE THE CHANNEL. HE SEEMED REALLY STOKED. WAS THAT A FU@KIN JOKE. WAS THE 2 PEOPLE ON HERE SERIOUS (BAYLINER GUY AND THE ONE TALKING ABOUT WAKE TOWER WITH SOUND SYSTEM), IM NOT ONE TO MAKE FUN OF PEOPLES TREASURES. BUT I HAVE A HARD TIME THINKING THIS WAS REAL. DID ANYONE GET PICS OF HIM IN THE CHANNEL SHOW HE COULD MAKE IT HIS AVIATOR.
PEACE
MIKE :devil:
Dude why all caps? Your really pissed about that guy huh? Ya I'm pretty sure those guys were trying to spam out theyre web site.

WYRD
06-10-2005, 09:28 AM
Tell them to get a couple of Sea Doos oh imagine the fun you can have as a family :p :p

Garrddogg
06-10-2005, 09:29 AM
Im not crazy!
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1652DSC01472.JPG

barbigrl
06-10-2005, 09:32 AM
I have the same problem! I think my parents are offended that we don't invite them to hang out with our friends. Yet they, actually my dad, doesn't like to meet new people. He does not play well with others, especially large groups. So I try to balance the time, but as I get more and more friends who hang out at Katherine, it becomes more difficult. Eventually, you all are going to have to meet them, that's all there is to it. LOL Barbie, maybe we should just hook your parents up with my parents and they can party with each other and we can hang out with our friends and not feel guilty!
hahaa...my parents are actually way cool!! They are fun to party with!! They have friends my age!! They would fit right in!! They really love the river, but have not been for years. When they did go, they would rent sea-doos. Now they are ready for a boat. We should hook up the parents!! They need some river friends!!! :D

Garrddogg
06-10-2005, 09:34 AM
hahaa...my parents are actually way cool!! They are fun to party with!! They have friends my age!! They would fit right in!! They really love the river, but have not been for years. When they did go, they would rent sea-doos. Now they are ready for a boat. We should hook up the parents!! They need some river friends!!! :D
You should take them out for a weekend!
prolly be fun :D

barbigrl
06-10-2005, 09:36 AM
You should take them out for a weekend!
prolly be fun :D
Yeah I will...I try to take my brother out once a year, he is autistic and LOVES the river!! RiverDave was cool enough to allow me to bring him out one weekend this past summer...and about once a week he tells me to tell RiverDave "What's up" Its too funny!

Krazy K
06-10-2005, 09:39 AM
No clue about boats???
Should they be buying one then???

My Man's Sportin' Wood
06-10-2005, 09:55 AM
Mine used to be cool, I don't know what happened. I'm sure it's me that changed. They think they are still 20 also. Last to go to bed at night and the first to rise every morning. They definatly out party me. :hammer2:

Krumbsnatcher
06-10-2005, 10:25 AM
We just bought a second boat for Sunday Funday at the show, boats are going quick. We purchased a tritoon from Lowe, they took the award for CSI in 2005 and 2004 by the marine association. We pulled a 40K pontoon for 32 loaded.
Lowe has a lot of experience building family oriented boats so this was no brainer. We added the third pontoon and lifting strakes so we should see speeds of 39 mph probably 33. But with all that comfort that is doable for the price.
Worth checking em out, we have a booth at the show so really had time to talk to all the vendors while setting up prior to the show. Should get it by next week that is the best part.
Good luck
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Krumbsnatcher
06-10-2005, 10:29 AM
Uh HELLO who did you hang out with all weekend that sells boats are you fawkin kidding me thats it I see what side of the ship Im on now :devil:
There budget is 30k eliminators are a little priced out for their range. Great boat used to own one and plan on getting another one, that is if your backlog of 8 months ever goes south. I am sure your new plant in elsinore will help.

riverroyal
06-10-2005, 10:33 AM
for 30k they could get a chapparrel sunesta,the small one,it will work for havasu or the lower river,it will never give them any problems,plus resale will be ok.Its nothing fancy for most of us but for your parents it would be good I think.Last time I went to the Pomona show Sun Country Marine was there with some show special prices,which may mean nothing,I have no idea if that place is any good,but its been around a long time......