PDA

View Full Version : Place reverse bucket sticking

caribbean20
04-29-2006, 04:13 PM
As mentioned in other posts here before, I have a hydraulic place diverter on my Berk JG. After a hard reverse, the reverse bucket gets stuck and takes a good jab on the lever to free it. Every time I'm sure something is going to break (although nothing yet). Anyone aware of a fix for this situation?

502 JET
04-29-2006, 05:55 PM
Disconnect your cable and move the bucket by hand to see what is binding also work the lever when the cable is disconnected to see if it is in the lever or cable.

4604me
04-29-2006, 06:44 PM
check the inside of the bucket where it meet's the nozzle I had the same prob after a fresh paint job. had to sand,grind, the area on the bucket worked for me.

BadBahner
04-29-2006, 08:28 PM
check the inside of the bucket where it meet's the nozzle I had the same prob after a fresh paint job. had to sand,grind, the area on the bucket worked for me.
The key is after a hard reverse. As you suck sand through your pump is gets wedged between the bucket and nozzle. If it happens just free it by hand and make sure you are deep enough before reversing. Grinding also helps.
Eric

caribbean20
04-29-2006, 09:20 PM
All very good points, thanks. Now that I think of it, I have been in shallow water every time this occurs. Good wake up call, I've got a fresh pump after full rebuild and not real interested in sand blasting the inards. Guess I will be a little more careful. Also, some "targeted" sanding on the reverse bucket/nozzle interface sounds like a good idea.