PDA

View Full Version : truck question

Kiddunot
06-10-2005, 12:58 PM
anyone know much about wheel adapters, and running them, has anyone had a problem with them and so forth

MagicMtnDan
06-10-2005, 01:00 PM
I assume you're asking because you want to run a wheel that doesn't fit your bolt pattern. I think it's one thing to run 'em on a car and probably OK on a truck but hauling and towing would make me nervous with adapters.

advantage21
06-10-2005, 01:13 PM
I Had On A Lowered Chevy Of Mine Stay Away From Those Can Cause All Sorts Of Problems.

Raskal
06-10-2005, 01:57 PM
I Had On A Lowered Chevy Of Mine Stay Away From Those Can Cause All Sorts Of Problems.
get back to work :)

sigepmock
06-10-2005, 02:29 PM
I'd stay away from them. There are too many reasons to list but simply they are not worth the risk, especially on a truck.
Man up and do it right.....buy wheels that were designed for your application.
Just my $.02
Chris

Kiddunot
06-12-2005, 10:13 AM
the wheels are the right ones for the truck, my problem is when i run a 33" tire it rubs on my upper control arm and on the inside of the frame when turning....so if i put a bolt on wheel adapter that just pushes the wheel out 1" that is my theroy??????

BOBALOO
06-12-2005, 11:26 AM
Try adjusting the bolt on the front suspension that hits the steering knuckle at full lock, and if you are like me and have a Ford 4x4 with 35's and stock wheels with no adjustment, take a washer for a 3/8" bolt (1/8" thick) and weld it to the bumpstop. You will lose some turning radius but if you turn to the point where it doesnt rub anyway you will lose nothing. 4 point turns here I come.
I still rub a little at full lock if I turn into a driveway or dip fast, but it less embarassing/annoying than it hitting ALL the time and I could have used a little thicker washer to eliminate it totally.

tahitijet
06-12-2005, 11:43 AM
u can run adapters with great luck.. however i don't recomend them on that size truck and especially not with that big of a tire. What your after anyway is a spacer not an adapter.. Your best bet is to 1. lift more, 2. buy a wheel with less backspace.. If you want to make work what you have find a place to buy spacers, extend your lugs the same amount and your good to go.