PDA

View Full Version : Single Dominator

WILDERTHANU
06-10-2005, 04:53 PM
I can't find a drop down air cleaner base for it, anyone know of any? We have hood issues in a '69 Camero, so I might have to make one if I cant find one soon.

FASTRAT
06-10-2005, 10:20 PM
I can't find a drop down air cleaner base for it, anyone know of any? We have hood issues in a '69 Camero, so I might have to make one if I cant find one soon.
does it have a cowl induction hood?...if not...u might try the Edelbrock Pro-Flow air cleaner...its pretty thin & works great...just my .02 cents
fastrat

Foggerjet
06-11-2005, 04:17 AM
Wilder, You may as well get started fabbing up that base. I ran into the same issue on our '69. After the height of the intake, nitrous plate, spacer, the 2 1/2" cowl wouldn't cut it on a BBC. I don't think a drop base is common on a 4500 as folks generally don't run a filter on them at all. Ours is a "streetcar" :devil: and we didn't really want all that stuff totally visable. Someone may make one now tho, I made one about 3 yrs ago out of sheet alum. and just put a regular 14" moroso top on it. It worked and looked good and accomplished the "stealth" that we were looking for.
fog

WILDERTHANU
06-13-2005, 06:02 PM
Wilder, You may as well get started fabbing up that base. I ran into the same issue on our '69. After the height of the intake, nitrous plate, spacer, the 2 1/2" cowl wouldn't cut it on a BBC. I don't think a drop base is common on a 4500 as folks generally don't run a filter on them at all. Ours is a "streetcar" :devil: and we didn't really want all that stuff totally visable. Someone may make one now tho, I made one about 3 yrs ago out of sheet alum. and just put a regular 14" moroso top on it. It worked and looked good and accomplished the "stealth" that we were looking for.
fog
Ya that what I figured. No worries, should be a breeze to crank one out. Thanx for the reply.