PDA

View Full Version : I went to a job walk today at an apartment building...

Mandelon
06-10-2005, 05:37 PM
WE went into a couple dozen units...I took pics as we went along. Check out the crazy sh*t I saw.
This guy keeps his sportbike in the living room...the property manager just about crapped his drawers when he saw this!!
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/42Condo_Conversions_003-med.jpg
This lady had more crap hanging on the walls than a Chinese market! She had 200 sets of windchimes.....in the bedroom...:
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/42Condo_Conversions_026-med.jpg
Here's the living room: http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/42Condo_Conversions_030-med.jpg
This other unit was filled with trash and half eaten food....OMG I was trying not to laugh...
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/42Condo_Conversions_048-med.jpg
This last one had enough stuff to fill a 3 bedroom unit. All of these are 1 bedroom places.... There was so much crap in the bedroom she couldn't sleep on the bed....
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/42Condo_Conversions_021.jpg

Rexone
06-10-2005, 05:39 PM
Mandelon please give me my house keys back now that you've had your fun. :smile:

JetBoatRich
06-10-2005, 05:47 PM
I have been in some pretty wild homes over the years :yuk: and seen or smelled thanks that make you sick :yuk:

wsuwrhr
06-10-2005, 05:57 PM
Pretty hard to steal a motorcycle when it is in your living room.
Brian

Just-Us
06-10-2005, 06:44 PM
F'n pigs :yuk:

Norseman
06-10-2005, 06:51 PM
When we were shopping for a house we were in a couple that looked like amories.
One guy had over over 400 rifles leaning up against the walls of the bedrooms. The realtor told me that he kept close to 50,000 rounds of ammo in the garage. There was a locked room that took up about half the garage that was for ammo storage.
The other guy had a room full of gun cases with black powder rifles, maybe 50 or 60, and 500 lbs of black powder in the garage.
People are nuts!! I'd hate to be a fireman or a cop responding to either of these places. The realtor just took it in stride.
She had shown both houses before and knew what to expect.
BOb

Red Horse
06-10-2005, 07:14 PM
When we were shopping for a house we were in a couple that looked like amories.
One guy had over over 400 rifles leaning up against the walls of the bedrooms. The realtor told me that he kept close to 50,000 rounds of ammo in the garage. There was a locked room that took up about half the garage that was for ammo storage.
The other guy had a room full of gun cases with black powder rifles, maybe 50 or 60, and 500 lbs of black powder in the garage.
People are nuts!! I'd hate to be a fireman or a cop responding to either of these places. The realtor just took it in stride.
She had shown both houses before and knew what to expect.
BOb
That is exacty why were attacked with airplanes instead of ground "Troops" If you could call those POS that. :cool:

riverroyal
06-10-2005, 07:21 PM
people suck,I love those pictures,makes me feel good about myself.

ROZ
06-10-2005, 10:49 PM
Whatever you do, don't break wind in that lady's bedroom... :D

cola
06-10-2005, 10:58 PM
I think thats what happens when the marriage splits & you move out of a 3k sq ft home into a 1 bedroom apt. Sad, not a lot you could do. Now you know why some women stay in very bad marriages. :confused:
Late, Mike

Badger301
06-10-2005, 11:29 PM
haha the bike brought back memories, thanks

JackieV
06-10-2005, 11:48 PM
Whatever you do, don't break wind in that lady's bedroom... :D
Imagine that! LOL :sqeyes:

Kachina26
06-11-2005, 07:08 AM
I feel so much better about myself now :2purples:

FRENCHIE
06-11-2005, 07:12 AM
I feel so much better about myself now :2purples:
CONGRATS ON 4K...DID YA GET A P.M.M FROM ME YEST!!?? :idea: ;)

LHC30Victory
06-11-2005, 07:12 AM
Seen many like that in my time... Love it when the carpet crunches under foot and you are there to check on the welfare of the 1yr old~
or having to find the meth in that crap on a search warrant~
Or doing a crazy commitmentment for the old lady that has 300 cats of which only 250 are still alive!
You don't know what you are missing :crossx:

INSman
06-11-2005, 07:17 AM
This is what scares me about having any renters in my Havasu house once it's done. Think I will just keep it to myself !! ;)

Mandelon
06-11-2005, 07:27 AM
Y'all are lucky this doesn't have smellivision....some of these places just stunk. One lady chainsmoked...I had a headache just after a couple of minutes. Nicotine dripping down the walls...everything was all yellowed and sticky. :squiggle:
You could tell the nationality of many tenants from the smell of their place....from the food they cook.
These weren't that bad compared to the foreclosures I used to see. Those places were trashed. I did a board up on the Heaven's Gate House in Rancho Santa Fe.....the house where all those people commited mass suicide to ride on the Comet's tail......fricking weird feelings in that place.... :(

Misogynist
06-11-2005, 07:29 AM
I've seen worse... When I was contracting, I went to a house that was for sale. The owners children were sleeping on filthy matresses in the living room. The floor around the matresses was covered in animal feces. I about puked when I walked out. In the basement and the rest of the house everything was stacked to the ceiling with only "game trails" between the junk. :(

Misogynist
06-11-2005, 07:30 AM
Y'all are lucky this doesn't have smellivision....some of these places just stunk. One lady chainsmoked...I had a headache just after a couple of minutes. Nicotine dripping down the walls...everything was all yellowed and sticky. :squiggle:
You could tell the nationality of many tenants from the smell of their place....from the food they cook.
These weren't that bad compared to the foreclosures I used to see. Those places were trashed. I did a board up on the Heaven's Gate House in Rancho Santa Fe.....the house where all those people commited mass suicide to ride on the Comet's tail......fricking weird feelings in that place.... :(
Did you score any Nike's while you were there?............ :crossx:

JetBoatRich
06-11-2005, 07:33 AM
F'n pigs :yuk:
http://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature/pigs/images/wallpaper/pigs_large.jpg

BoatPI
06-11-2005, 07:41 AM
These photos convinced me that I do it correct. I even sometimes visit the applicants current apartment BEFORE I rent to them.
I hate trashed places. It may take a bit longer, but I think it pays off in the long run. I have a vacancy now and last weekend I received 100 calls in two days. Peeps want nicer units and will pay. Apartment living can suck.

LASINC
06-11-2005, 07:56 AM
:jawdrop: :jawdrop:

GHTRIM
06-11-2005, 08:20 AM
This is what scares me about having any renters in my Havasu house once it's done. Think I will just keep it to myself !! ;)
I would do everything possible to NOT rent your pad in Havi... I don't rent mine so it is always the way I left it.... NOT F'ed Up... :idea:

plaster dave
06-11-2005, 08:38 AM
doesn't everyone park a bike in the living room. :eek: :hammerhea

Kachina26
06-11-2005, 09:49 AM
CONGRATS ON 4K...DID YA GET A P.M.M FROM ME YEST!!?? :idea: ;)
TY, and nope, no PM's. I hear they have been a little dicey as of late. Try again.

slingingsmoke
06-11-2005, 10:39 PM
I'd hate to be a fireman or a cop responding to either of these places.
Been there, done that....IT SUCKS.
JON.

C-2
06-11-2005, 11:00 PM
Small world, we did the eviction. They changed the name of the street since it beacame a popular tourist stop - and then the Sheriff couldn't find it.
Post foreclosure/eviction rule #1 - Never (and I mean ever) open a frig.
That and let the locksmith go up first - if he starts jumping around - you need the flea spray :eek: :eek:

C-2
06-11-2005, 11:31 PM
Interesting story:
I once went to a home in the Larchmont Village area of LA (an oldschool, rich area next to Hancock Park/mid-Wilshire). I approached a small unit over a garage, looked inside and saw nothing but trash. I knocked again and out of nowhere, an old lady popped up from the middle of the trash. She looked and acted homeless, but neighbors said she was wealthy beyond belief. She was 83 years old and chose to live like a vagrant.
Over the course of about a month or so, she began to trust and confide in me during my visits – she never really understood I was there to evict her. As it turns out, the neighbors were trying their best to manipulate and coerce this lady out of her money. But she was sharp, real sharp, despite her choice to live like a homeless person.
One day the local council person, lawyers from adult protective services, the police and two doctors all met to try to analyze “Marie” and have her committed for her own safety – but they couldn’t do it. Like I said, she was sharp as a razor and despite her appearance, was found to be competent and fit to manage her own affairs.
After everybody left, Marie pulled me to the side and told me she wanted to show me something. She went up to her trash-filled room, waded thru some of it and brought out a plastic grocery bag. We sat and she showed me the bag was filled with bank account books. This bag was about a foot thick in bank account books and she showed me about only 5 or 6 of them – which totaled over a million dollars in cash deposits (current too). That was only an inch of about a foot of books, and she went on to tell me about how she owned (inherited thru her family) over twenty parcels of real estate, mostly apartment buildings, throughout LA that she had lost track of.
You just never know….

slingingsmoke
06-11-2005, 11:48 PM
does granny need a date? :eek:

LUVNLIFE
06-12-2005, 07:27 AM
The bike in the living room is totally acceptable compared to the other pics.Man how can people live like that, how can you relax in that enviroment? :eek:

riverbound
06-12-2005, 07:41 AM
haha the bike brought back memories, thanks
I was thinking the same thing :wink:

Mandelon
06-12-2005, 08:09 AM
Small world, we did the eviction. They changed the name of the street since it beacame a popular tourist stop - and then the Sheriff couldn't find it.
Post foreclosure/eviction rule #1 - Never (and I mean ever) open a frig.
That and let the locksmith go up first - if he starts jumping around - you need the flea spray :eek: :eek:
That's right, NEVER open the reefer. Especially when the defrosted meat juices run out and across the floor.....
We did it for Washington Mutual. That house ended up being bought by next door neighbor. They tore it down and put up a brand new place. They kept the pool, but that was it. Then they sold their place to someone new.
A few times I got the locksmiths pretty good. They'd be picking the front lock and I would go around the back and jimmy open a window or a slider then quietly come through the house and yank open the front door while yelling "HEY" at the top of my lungs....(what a dick :eek: ) He just about pee'd he pants...LOL :hammerhea