PDA

View Full Version : Well who was the first to the card stop!!!!!

BLOWN HOWARD
04-29-2006, 05:07 PM
Did they run today or tommorow?? If it was today who won????

burtandnancy
04-29-2006, 05:15 PM
They ran it today. 220 boats (unofficially). The whole event was super. I posted a few details elsewhere...

hava life
04-29-2006, 05:15 PM
all I saw was crc then Preditor going by at Jackass cove. A couple others looked like they might catch them, don't know the names. I did see Preditor coming back on 1 engine.

Riverkid
04-29-2006, 05:17 PM
Can the cats run at planing speed on just one engine?

hava life
04-29-2006, 05:27 PM
Today was the only day I can say I passed him twice. He was limping back real slow.

RVRKID
04-29-2006, 07:44 PM
CRC all day long they hauled asssss!!!! I would load the pic but ***boatpics isn't accepting it.

SHAKEN Not Stirred
04-29-2006, 08:03 PM
CRC all day long they hauled asssss!!!! I would load the pic but ***boatpics isn't accepting it.
I'm not sure they hauled ASSSS!......
I don't think anyone broke 150 MPH....
Not hard to be first when you're the parade pace boat and first to the bouy/start line.... :rolleyes:
Not too easy for the rest of the parade to catch-up.....
Oh yea.....I remember....It's not a race......sorry.....I forgot!
Later,
CJG
:p

ELIMINAT THIS
04-29-2006, 08:40 PM
all I saw was crc then Preditor going by at Jackass cove. A couple others looked like they might catch them, don't know the names. I did see Preditor coming back on 1 engine.
I dont now where jackass cove is,but we were 2 miles past cooper canyon and crc was way out front then bettencourt in his 37 talon 3rd looked like a 36 flat dech skater 4th preditor. :)

BLOWN HOWARD
04-29-2006, 08:45 PM
Not hard to be first when you're the parade pace boat and first to the bouy/start line.... :rolleyes:
Later,
CJG
Whats up with the slow speeds this yr?? The water bad conditions or what??

Sotally Tober
04-29-2006, 09:15 PM
Gas prices!

Jrocket
04-29-2006, 09:21 PM
Confusion and boats sitting out in the middle of the course.After Black Meadows people started to get on the throttles alot more.

Havasu Hangin'
04-30-2006, 06:10 AM
Hats off to Lance in the "Blowout" Skater...he got a crappy start like us, but drove the friggin wheels off that boat, and chased everyone down but CRC.
He said he was doing 160, and couldn't close on him.

burtandnancy
04-30-2006, 07:54 AM
There were two real sleepers that sneaked toward the front; Prime Time and Teague...

Havasu Cig
04-30-2006, 08:02 AM
Later,
CJG
Well that about explains it all then. We were about 1/2 way to the dam and CRC went by way in front of everybody. Their speed, although impressive, did not seem like enough to be where they were in the pack. I was thinking something must have been screwed up at the start because when Predator came by they seem to be going much faster than CRC was. I think the event was pretty weak IMO. I won't wake up early to watch it next year... :rolleyes:

Havasu Hangin'
04-30-2006, 08:15 AM
There were two real sleepers that sneaked toward the front; Prime Time and Teague...
The Prime Time "Nordic" was pulled over...so I think they had some problems.
We ran with Bob most of the way down, but he dropped back.
There was some crazy man in a F-29 running hard along the shore...that guy had some huevos grande for how choppy the water was.

burtandnancy
04-30-2006, 09:28 AM
HH, you had a better view than we did, we were at card stop 3 in Thompson Bay. CRC was impressive on two of the three passes we saw, but didn't even attempt to get a card...

Jrocket
04-30-2006, 09:37 AM
The Prime Time "Nordic" was pulled over...so I think they had some problems.
We ran with Bob most of the way down, but he dropped back.
There was some crazy man in a F-29 running hard along the shore...that guy had some huevos grande for how choppy the water was.
True,the "Clear Lake" F-29 DCB was definately running hard.Hats off to that guy for sure.

Chromegorilla
04-30-2006, 11:04 AM
Any word on why Ballistic was put back on the trailer? What kind of problems did they have?

Havasu Hangin'
04-30-2006, 01:58 PM
Any word on why Ballistic was put back on the trailer? What kind of problems did they have?
My unreliable fourth-hand information said he had head gasket problems.
One boat that suprised me was Deano and Gibson...they drove that MTI like they stole it. I think they were top 4?

Big Warlock
04-30-2006, 03:11 PM
I parked next to Ballistic most of the weekend at the Nautical. Looked like engine oil weeping out of the bilge from the port side. Oil was all over the trailer and still flowing for more than 24 hours. Feel bad because it sure looked like a beautiful boat. He has some serious dollars into that machine! :crossx:

Not So Fast
04-30-2006, 04:02 PM
Well that about explains it all then. We were about 1/2 way to the dam and CRC went by way in front of everybody. Their speed, although impressive, did not seem like enough to be where they were in the pack. I was thinking something must have been screwed up at the start because when Predator came by they seem to be going much faster than CRC was. I think the event was pretty weak IMO. I won't wake up early to watch it next year... :rolleyes:
Ditto HC, many more fantastic rigs it seemed but for viewing the race,er, poker run, it was not as exciting by a long shot. NSF

Jbb
04-30-2006, 04:38 PM
First to the card stop..... :p ..was there ever any doubt?..... :)
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/860bubblesbubbles.jpg

mbrown2
04-30-2006, 07:08 PM
CRC was running hard....I thought he looked as fast as Predator last year I was north of the pumping station, and he must of had a 1/4 mile on everyone...

Havasu_Dreamin
04-30-2006, 07:11 PM
I heard second, third, or more hand so take it for that, that CRC had his GPS recall at 181.

Havasu Hangin'
04-30-2006, 07:15 PM
I think you guys need to understand the start process this year. CRC had the flag, and was the first boat through the parade. After the 5MPH zone, he got up on plane, but there were still about 10 boats in the 5 MPH zone.
We ran hard to catch up, and a small group formed around Site Six. There was mass confusion, since hardly anyone saw the flag drop- just CRC take off.
He was gone before it ever got started.

Havasu_Dreamin
04-30-2006, 07:19 PM
I think you guys need to understand the start process this year. CRC had the flag, and was the first boat through the parade. After the 5MPH zone, he got up on plane, but there were still about 10 boats in the 5 MPH zone.
We ran hard to catch up, and a small group formed around Site Six. There was mass confusion, since nobody saw the flag drop- just CRC take off.
We were anchored out across from Sandpoint/Cat Tail and were wondering what had happened as CRC came by and no one else for almost a minute or more.

mbrown2
04-30-2006, 07:23 PM
Were you guys a quarter to half mile back at the start? Cause you were at the finish....I saw you guys go by and I you were going slower and not pulling him....going fast, but he was flying..
We ran hard to catch up, and a small group formed around Site Six. There was mass confusion, since nobody saw the flag drop- just CRC take off.

unleashed
04-30-2006, 07:33 PM
What a freakin blast to be in Gibsons boat. I dont think we went much above 145....we were definitly the 4th boat to the first stop. We actaully followed the rules and went by copper cyn at 50 than hit the sticks again but by that time CRC was gone! Predator was gaining fast until he had engine problems...would had made it more interesting. Fun time for sures...I have some shitty video I'll post in a few. Good nightlife as well...lots of hot ladies at Kokohos last night...Im pretty sure HH and Kroozin had a good time!
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :crossx:

Jrocket
04-30-2006, 07:39 PM
Were you guys a quarter to half mile back at the start? Cause you were at the finish....I saw you guys go by and I you were going slower and not pulling him....going fast, but he was flying..
Mike what happend was all of the boats were parade lapped through the channel and then out around the back side of the island.CRC was the first boat and also had the yellow flag with him.The pace boat was just to the inside of him and CRC had the very inside line coming around the island,we got pushed way out the right(California side)along with many others,so basically CRC took the very inside and the short line....then dropped the flag while others were still trying to get all lined up.CRC was gone while alot of people were still trying to keep the reasonable speed that was requested at the drivers meeting.In the long run nobody was going to catch or run with CRC anyway at the speeds he was putting down all weekend,Lance in the "Blowout Skater chased him down from back in the pack and could see him the whole way but said he couldnt catch him.Lance saw 160 on the first leg,we hit 150 and 140 a few times,Teague was close to us and pulled in right behind us.The F-29 pulled in one or two boats in front of us and Gibson was in front of the DCB by a few.The "Signature Alert" boat was 3rd and got a good start as well.If Dan "Kroozin" didnt wanted too he could have been up at the front easily if he hadnt got pushed to the outside and in bad traffic,the boat is very capable of running faster and he's definately got the skill to drive it in those conditions.I think he was be very cautious due to the traffic of the people not involved in the poker run darting in and out of the course and also he had a full boat of passengers.

Jrocket
04-30-2006, 07:41 PM
We actaully followed the rules and went by copper cyn at 50
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :crossx:
Amazing how that rule went out the window real quick with alot of people.

Havasu Hangin'
04-30-2006, 07:43 PM
Since it was a "biased" start, Dan decided not to push it...we just went KROOZIN at 120-140MPH. No reason to flog the boat if the start was that bad.
I have it on video (along with the Spectre almost washing us down a couple times).
Deano is right...we also tried to stay within the safety recommendations given at the driver's meeting...let's just say that others did not.

mbrown2
04-30-2006, 07:44 PM
JRocket, I figured he left early by the distance he had covered, but he was also hauling a$$.....Also, thought it was nice to see Gibson's boat hauling a$$...
JRocket, what boat were you in?

mbrown2
04-30-2006, 07:45 PM
Since it was a "biased" start, Dan decided not to push it...we just went KROOZIN at 120-140MPH. No reason to flog the boat if the start was that bad.
I have it on video (along with the Spectre almost washing us down a couple times).
Deano is right...we also tried to stay within the safety recommendations given at the driver's meeting...let's just say that others did not.
I also thought Kroozin would not be running it hard since it was up for sale...

Havasu Hangin'
04-30-2006, 07:49 PM
I'll let Dan speak for it...but let's just say that if the start was fair, I'll bet $1 that Dan would have left a few boats behind.

Jrocket
04-30-2006, 07:50 PM
MBrown,
I got lucky and Dan "Kroozin" invited me to ride in his boat.
HH is correct,the guy in the Spectre either doesnt know how to keep a straight line or was trying give Dan a wash job.I was getting sea sick watching him go left to right and back and forth.
One thing I do know is going 150 in a boat with headsets on listening to elevator music is awesome.

Jrocket
04-30-2006, 07:54 PM
I believe that had something to do with also,he had mentioned it too me before we left that theres now need to run on it on kill.
He did run hard a few times though and all I can say is I would have never thought a boat that size could accelerate like that! We were cruising at 95-100,just rolled into the throttles and we were at 137 before I knew it,very impressive for a big boat.

mbrown2
04-30-2006, 08:02 PM
That's cool you got to ride in his boat....his was one of the prettiest Skaters in the Nautical Cove and that is saying a lot.

Jrocket
04-30-2006, 08:05 PM
That's cool you got to ride in his boat....his was one of the prettiest Skaters in the Nautical Cove and that is saying a lot.
Beyond cool.It was my first ride in a boat of that caliber and also that fastest Ive ever been on water,150!
Huge thanks to Dan for the get your azz down here and ride in my boat phone call.Class act guy all the way around.

B-rad502
04-30-2006, 09:23 PM
Definitely not the speeds we have seen before down by Cattail/ Black Meadow. There were inadvised people all over the course, cutting across, just sitting in the middle, you name it! The Commander that was a staff safety boat down there was working their a$$es off trying to keep people away from the course. Actuaaly heard numerous boats throttling down when they came into that section, was pretty tense/ unsafe for a while.
Knew that there had to be something going on with Gary Smith's boat when he wasn't running at the front. Then, saw him coming back on 1 motor. Predator did hold the unofficial title for quite some time though!

KROOZIN
05-01-2006, 07:52 AM
Beyond cool.It was my first ride in a boat of that caliber and also that fastest Ive ever been on water,150!
Huge thanks to Dan for the get your azz down here and ride in my boat phone call.Class act guy all the way around.
Thanks Rocket! I'm glad you made it out, it was fun hanging out with you, ...I got to get you in the front seat next time, I didn't realize that you didn't get up there, my brain was a little cloudy by saturday...lol :p
Oh, and I'll burn you a copy of the "dentist office music" that I know you loved.....lol :cool:

dicudmore
05-01-2006, 08:08 AM
I heard a rumor about somebody being right in the middle of the course stopped, and flipping off the helicoptor?? Anybody know anything?

Flashwave
05-01-2006, 09:18 AM
I heard a rumor about somebody being right in the middle of the course stopped, and flipping off the helicoptor?? Anybody know anything?
There was a boat in the middle who refused to move off to the side when politely ask to do so by one of the rescue boats. We got the call in Rescue 1 and were heading up river when the folks figured out moving off to the side might be a good idea. It was no big deal. This was a very safe and fun event thanks to all the participants looking out for the "other guy"

dicudmore
05-01-2006, 09:31 AM
There was a boat in the middle who refused to move off to the side when politely ask to do so by one of the rescue boats. We got the call in Rescue 1 and were heading up river when the folks figured out moving off to the side might be a good idea. It was no big deal. This was a very safe and fun event thanks to all the participants looking out for the "other guy"
Agreed, great event

KROOZIN
05-01-2006, 09:39 AM
I've got to say, it was a GREAT event!! The Lake Racer guys sure do put on a first class event! I didn't see any drivers acting irresponsible, lots of Lifeline vests on, rescue divers, great video at the dinner, lots of great giveaway stuff, good food, nice people, etc, etc....cheers! :cool: :cool:
www.LakeRacer.com

callbob4homes
05-01-2006, 09:45 AM
Defrees not totally upfront? hhmmmm, I seem to recall something to that effect a few years back on a nother dealio. oh well no surprise I guess :rolleyes:

prosthogod
05-01-2006, 09:46 AM
Thanks Rocket! I'm glad you made it out, it was fun hanging out with you, ...I got to get you in the front seat next time, I didn't realize that you didn't get up there, my brain was a little cloudy by saturday...lol :p
Oh, and I'll burn you a copy of the "dentist office music" that I know you loved.....lol :cool:
Don't hate the Dentist, you'll need us some day.

KACHINA KEN
05-01-2006, 10:18 AM
Win , lose or draw ( that includes engine implosions and such ) Stand by your team. The others got lucky, let em have their moment, they were runnin hard too. Smith and Peto are the real shit , even on a bad day.