PDA

View Full Version : Small leak.....

clownpuncher
06-11-2005, 12:12 AM
At the bushing/grommet, whatever that ****er is where the steering tube goes through the transom. Does anyone know where I can get one for. It's a berk JG if that matters.
Here's a little pic of the bastard
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/536PDRM0001.JPG
Thanks in advance
Roland

UtlGoa
06-11-2005, 07:29 AM
Jesus Christ!!!! What did you seal that pump with ....spackle!!!!!!

THE BOSTON SIDEWINDER
06-11-2005, 07:40 AM
The Jg Pump Has It's Clean Out On The Inside, I Doo Believe...bill.

RandyH
06-11-2005, 07:55 AM
I beleive that you can buy that bushing at Rex. They also have some newer designs but I am not sure if the bolt pattern are the same.
Mine is like yours and just didnt fit tight enough to seal. It leaked slowly all day. No big deal. I bought some liquid rubber in a can, the stuff they tell you to spray on tool handles for grip, and after a few coats of that stuff it seals up great now. All it did was make the outer diameter larger. And it still swivels ok in the metal housing. Just make sure to tape off the inside bore, you only want this rubber on the outside of the rubber ball.
Good Luck,
RandyH

clownpuncher
06-11-2005, 01:19 PM
Jesus Christ!!!! What did you seal that pump with ....spackle!!!!!!
No shit, pretty bad huh?
I had to do some emergency leak sealing in a freakin hot parking lot, so I wasnt' to oncerned about looks while I was baking my ass off. The pic was taken during my ro-do of the transom adaptor. Much cleaner look now.

clownpuncher
06-11-2005, 01:21 PM
OK, according to CP performance, this is not a Berk part.
Does anyone know what kind of steering Ultra uses, or used for an '01 21 XS?

UtlGoa
06-11-2005, 02:43 PM
I was just giving you crap!!!!!!

steelcomp
06-11-2005, 03:01 PM
Jeeezzz...I mean, the guy was bleedin! LOL! :D

clownpuncher
06-11-2005, 04:27 PM
:D

flat broke
06-11-2005, 07:11 PM
OK, according to CP performance, this is not a Berk part.
Does anyone know what kind of steering Ultra uses, or used for an '01 21 XS?
Might be an American Turbine steering tube. Rex carries em
http://www.rexmar.com/images/page120.jpg
Chris

clownpuncher
06-11-2005, 07:23 PM
Thanks. I did look there but didn't see what I needed. I'll get a hold of Rexone.

Froggystyle
06-12-2005, 09:03 AM
OK Roland... you are killing me here! You have a partial excuse for the caulk, but damn... ;)
The steering extension was custom built by RD and I one night. You won't find that. As for the transom pass through, as I recall it leaked like a seive. I put that grommet over it from a different part and sealed it up with silicone. Knowing what I know now I would strip the silicone off and use 5200 on it.
With the properly sized steering extension, there wasn't much movement at the transom.
The black rubber part is just a cover for the threads on the "eyeball" socket. Peel it back and re-seal.
If you need help let me know. I need to get you an excuse to come down here and check out the twins...
Wes

clownpuncher
06-12-2005, 09:12 AM
LOL. Notice the blood that focker drew from me? Just so ya know that pic was taken as I was removing the transom adaptor to re-do it. The 5200 that you see looking like it was a 2 year old's finger painting was my attempt in a scorching parking lot at the Blue Water to make some temp leak repairs. All better now :D You know I'd never dis OTR :D
So you're saying I can just pull the little thing off and reseal it with 5200? I'll pull it apart and give it a try.
As far as an excuse? I don't need one to check out the twins. Anytime we can make it work with our schedules