PDA

View Full Version : boating homes in Havasu poll

SummitKarl
06-13-2005, 09:52 AM
I am looking for input from those looking to build homes in Lake Havasu,
as I design the next generation of homes for Havasu, What features are Hot Boaters looking for?
Size? 2,3 or 4 bdr
Garage? 2 car boat deep, 3 car with 36' bay, 2 car w/40' plus RV- or 3car with rv parking.
Front Kitchen or rear Kitchen?
Price range? Keep it simple, or Load it up
sorry 5 car garage and kitchenett is not a option (I tried that already)

riverroyal
06-13-2005, 09:54 AM
you build them also?

Kilrtoy
06-13-2005, 09:55 AM
Dont forget 8'doors

Eliminator 4 Life
06-13-2005, 09:56 AM
Dont forget 8'doors
9 would be better :D

NOTALENT
06-13-2005, 09:56 AM
Have the "Partier" in mind.. :D lots of rooms..plasma T.V...surround sound...3 car plus boat deep garage and Rv....Kegerators...damn..I think im just trying to create my Dream home... :D i will end it here...oh..and a grato in the pool!!! :devil:

Mrs. 4-B
06-13-2005, 09:57 AM
IMO - 3 bdr with 2.5 baths. One great room, kitchen placement would depend on where the view is. Garage would need to be a 2 or 3 car with the 40' RV garage. Master bath needs two sinks.
Thanks for letting me dream a little! :wink:

a catered life
06-13-2005, 09:58 AM
fuel pump outside, 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms (2 for the women), some type of moon roof so i can see the stars all night just my weird thoughts

SummitKarl
06-13-2005, 09:59 AM
yes I do, Summit Homes built 137 homes in Havasu last year, that made us No1 last year

INSman
06-13-2005, 10:01 AM
yes I do, Summit Homes built 137 homes in Havasu last year, that made us No1 last year
I love you Summit guys, how is my house on Kiowa coming along ??

UnionJack
06-13-2005, 10:02 AM
4 rooms, two of them masters, and if it is a three car garage make the single car part with a 10' wide door.

riverroyal
06-13-2005, 10:03 AM
my parents had a house built there,not by you though,its a piece of shiat,my dads real unhappy,I think the biggest problem out there is getting in done on schedule and then customer service after its finished,,,kinda off subject,sorry...how about floor drains in the garage,and a bathroom in the garage,plumbing can tie together that way,give the floors a slight slope to the drains

SummitKarl
06-13-2005, 10:06 AM
hey looks as though your a old neighbor of mine, where abouts in S.M do you live, I had a house right off Nordal and 78

TrojanDan
Summit has some nice homes. I had my house built by DBU in 2002. I would start to look at the RV barns as an option or the 40' deep bay but for Christ's sake, make the deep bay wider than 10' so you can walk around the boat and not have to hop on the wheel fenders. :yuk:
I think a half bath in the garage is also a must for the guys. Hell a toilet and a curtain will do fine in the garage. :D.

Mrs.Racer277
Atleast 3 bedroom, 2 baths. Great room. Kitchen in back. 2 car w/Rv.
2 sinks in master a must.
Funny this sounds alot like what we are building there right now. ;)

riverroyal
06-13-2005, 10:07 AM
im in san elijo hills,elfin forrest area,closer to la costa area,,,,congrads on leaving here!

Mrs.Racer277
06-13-2005, 10:08 AM
Summit has some nice homes. I had my house built by DBU in 2002. I would start to look at the RV barns as an option or the 40' deep bay but for Christ's sake, make the deep bay wider than 10' so you can walk around the boat and not have to hop on the wheel fenders. :yuk:
I think a half bath in the garage is also a must for the guys. Hell a toilet and a curtain will do fine in the garage. :D.
I so agree. Ours will be 18' wide on the RV side.
And a sink in the garage is a must. ;)

SummitKarl
06-13-2005, 10:08 AM
regal on Kaowa?
you got to know ESSEX502, you had just about the same options and color chart
I drove by 2 weeks ago it looked trenched and railed, waiting on concrete

INSman
06-13-2005, 10:11 AM
regal on Kaowa?
Yea, the Regal and yes I cheated off of Essex 502 quite a bit.
Concrete already done and they have already framed the exterior, you need to play "Catch-Up" my friend !! :idea: :D

SummitKarl
06-13-2005, 10:12 AM
hey outdoor urinals ARE A OPTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mrs.Racer277
06-13-2005, 10:16 AM
hey outdoor urinals ARE A OPTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NO NO NO. :rolleyes: :)
This is what the hubby keeps saying. :cry: :rollside:

SummitKarl
06-13-2005, 10:18 AM
sorry your house is east of me and the lake is west, I don't go east of Acoma too often :)

INSman
06-13-2005, 10:19 AM
regal on Kaowa?
Actually, we took most if not all of our interior colors, flooring, cabinets, fixtures and such out of your new Pinnacle Model !!

INSman
06-13-2005, 10:20 AM
sorry your house is east of me and the lake is west, I don't go east of Acoma too often :)
You need to visit us poor people in the slums sometimes !!!

cole13
06-13-2005, 10:25 AM
Outdoor shower! 4 bed 3 bath. One great room, off kitchen, in the back of the house. Have two exits out to the back yard. Easier to entertain that way.
Garage. 3 1/2 car. The third car garage has to be at least 40X15. The 1/2 is for the golf cart. Other two spots should be at least 30 ft deep.

SummitKarl
06-13-2005, 10:29 AM
when your house is done go meet you new summit neighbors across the street at 3553
VERY!!!!!!!!!!COOL people.
hey you ain't in the slums, Thats a way cool lot with a good view (wish I had it)

Havasu_Dreamin
06-13-2005, 10:34 AM
No sheer walls that then need to be yanked out later becasue they prevent the boat from being backed into the garage.

SummitKarl
06-13-2005, 10:38 AM
No sheer walls that then need to be yanked out later becasue they prevent the boat from being backed into the garage.
it cost way less to put that wall in and take it out than to Engineer the house. but I did not say that!!!!!!!!! ;)

INSman
06-13-2005, 10:39 AM
when your house is done go meet you new summit neighbors across the street at 3553
VERY!!!!!!!!!!COOL people.
hey you ain't in the slums, Thats a way cool lot with a good view (wish I had it)
I am just kiddin', and we like our lot too !! Should come out very nice and I think I will do the backyard up opposed to thinking that I probably wouldn't.

Havasu_Dreamin
06-13-2005, 10:52 AM
it cost way less to put that wall in and take it out than to Engineer the house. but I did not say that!!!!!!!!! ;)
I know. Needless to say, I've got experience with that whole deal. ;)
Make the boat deep bays wide enough to walk around to work on the boat. Add a drain in the garage floor for when you wash the boat in the garage. Add a sink to the gaage.

phebus
06-13-2005, 12:44 PM
When you build, to protect your resale value, build the deepest garage you can. In the past, a 30' garage would fit almost any boat out there. Now, a 40' garage would. But what does the future hold? Boats are getting bigger and bigger, don't cut yourself short. Protect your investment.

SummitKarl
06-13-2005, 12:59 PM
big boats take all the fun out of it, I think my "avitar" explains the fun of smaller boats ;)

Nord
06-13-2005, 01:04 PM
Make them about 200,000 and I'll pick one up!! :wink:
I'm presently looking for a house myself!!!

dicudmore
06-13-2005, 01:05 PM
When you build, to protect your resale value, build the deepest garage you can. In the past, a 30' garage would fit almost any boat out there. Now, a 40' garage would. But what does the future hold? Boats are getting bigger and bigger, don't cut yourself short. Protect your investment.
I agree... a 40' garage is almost a must...
I can't believe SOME PEOPLE only have 30' garages in their homes :boxingguy :hammerhea

SCUBA STEVE
06-13-2005, 01:18 PM
Don't forget the ice machine in the garage. :) :D

SummitKarl
06-13-2005, 01:21 PM
Make them about 200,000 and I'll pick one up!! :wink:
I'm presently looking for a house myself!!!
got plenty of those under $200k, you got the $100k plus lot to put it on?

SDLifesaver
06-13-2005, 01:54 PM
Is Dave Hughes still doing homes Karl? Are you using JP Electric? Do you have information on a good block wall person and pool contractor? Thanks, Nick

waterwitch
06-13-2005, 02:11 PM
This way a great way to throw
out some advertising for Summit.

SummitKarl
06-13-2005, 02:13 PM
Is Dave Hughes still doing homes Karl? Are you using JP Electric? Do you have information on a good block wall person and pool contractor? Thanks, Nick
I don't know Dave Hughes, way too busy out here to know all 130+ builders. I design homes for Summit,Paradise and some of the other smaller top 10 builders, plus customs for those that want to try owner builder
elec= havashock,
wall man = Joe Vitella(expensive but real good),
pools I stay away from "not part of the house" but Mohave Pools as a decient rep.

SDLifesaver
06-13-2005, 02:29 PM
Thanks Karl, Dave Hughes was the past front man for Diamondback Homes but I know that has been taken over by Steve Anderson. JP Electric is my next door neighbor in Havasu and I thought he said he did some homes for Summit. Thanks for the wall and pool info. Nick

sdpm
06-13-2005, 02:56 PM
How much is concrete going for? Getting ready to get rid of the rock on the side of the garage and out front.

SummitKarl
06-13-2005, 02:59 PM
How much is concrete going for? Getting ready to get rid of the rock on the side of the garage and out front.
depends on who does it in general about $3.50 per sq ft.

INSman
06-13-2005, 03:02 PM
I don't know Dave Hughes, way too busy out here to know all 130+ builders. I design homes for Summit,Paradise and some of the other smaller top 10 builders, plus customs for those that want to try owner builder
elec= havashock,
wall man = Joe Vitella(expensive but real good),
pools I stay away from "not part of the house" but Mohave Pools as a decient rep.
On the issue of walls, how about not quite as expensive but almost as good ??
The highest and lowest bidders rarely get my business...

surfer2001
06-13-2005, 03:06 PM
Kitchen and large living room in the middle, master bedroom and master bathroom on one side/with larger walk in closet, two large guestrooms with closets and 2nd bathroom on the other. In-wall (5) channel sound system, insulated interior walls. Two-car 40 foot garage with overhead storage and work bench, inside washer & dryer, outside shower. Lots of large tinted windows, must be bright inside and have good lighting. Overhead fans in every room. Light colored roofing. Appliances, flooring and carpet must be top quality

SummitKarl
06-13-2005, 03:08 PM
sorry it's a small town, it's all about your REP. out here so I can only recommend those I know and TRUST!!!!!!!!, so far he is the only one that does things when he says he will, (that I have Run into)

mbrown2
06-13-2005, 03:09 PM
Karl, does Summit have a website? Also, I have a nice size pie shape lot in the Park Terrace area that we plan on building on. I am wondering...1) Do I see if a builder like Summit can shift things around in one of their current plans to fit the pie ... or 2) Do I have someone like yourself just do custom set of plans...
Any help would be appreciated...

Norseman
06-13-2005, 03:10 PM
I usually do that too!! :coffeycup
Unless I do it myself!! :D

SummitKarl
06-13-2005, 03:12 PM
Kitchen and large living room in the middle, master bedroom and master bathroom on one side/with larger walk in closet, two large guestrooms with closets and 2nd bathroom on the other. In-wall (5) channel sound system, insulated interior walls. Two-car 40 foot garage with overhead storage and work bench, inside washer & dryer, outside shower. Lots of large tinted windows, must be bright inside and have good lighting. Overhead fans in every room. Light colored roofing. Appliances, flooring and carpet must be top quality
have just what your asking for visit my model @ 2671 Tonto in Lake Havasu

INSman
06-13-2005, 03:17 PM
sorry it's a small town, it's all about your REP. out here so I can only recommend those I know and TRUST!!!!!!!!, so far he is the only one that does things when he says he will, (that I have Run into)
Part of the reason I did not go with VERDE !!! But you guys were not the most expensive per square foot either, but represented what I thought to be the best "value". I won't overpay just for the sake of overpaying. !! :supp:

mbrown2
06-13-2005, 03:18 PM
Personnally I want a RV 60ft garage that is wide enough to walk around the boat and so I don't have to detach a vehicle to shut the door, garages insulated with swamp cooler...with phone and cable outlets...the normal two or three car garages should be at least 30' deep....all you have up there is mainly toys and you grow out of the normal 22, 25, 39 3 car garages very quickly...

SummitKarl
06-13-2005, 03:23 PM
Karl, does Summit have a website? Also, I have a nice size lot pie shape lot in the Park Terrace area that we plan on building on. I am wondering...1) Do I see if a builder like Summit can shift things around in one of their current plans to fit the pie ... or 2) Do I have someone like yourself just do custom set of plans...
Any help would be appreciated...
web site no!! but I can PDF floor plans to your e-mail
we can do either, but #1) usally forces #2)
pm me the address or T.B.L and I will tell you what will work
funny I just got a house from a hot boat customer in Park Terrace on the corner of Ranchito

mbrown2
06-13-2005, 03:29 PM
web site no!! but I can PDF floor plans to your e-mail
we can do either, but #1) usally forces #2)
pm me the address or T.B.L and I will tell you what will work
funny I just got a house from a hot boat customer in Park Terrace on the corner of Ranchito
Sounds good.....thanks for the info...I will pm you now with the address...

Ziggy
06-13-2005, 03:35 PM
Me and INSman are neighbors!!! :D

Focker
06-13-2005, 03:58 PM
I have a lot on park terrace and another on felicidad. both lots are about 80 by 125. I want a 70 foot garage with a bathroom. I have all the floor plans for the home that was to be built on felicidad. The original owner decided to live in Phoenix and when i bought the lot he gave me all the floorplans and bluprints. This lot is turn key but now Mrs Focker wants a basement. Would be interesting in talking or meeting with you the next time I am there.

INSman
06-13-2005, 04:01 PM
I take it you have seen my dirt ??!! :D

Ziggy
06-13-2005, 04:04 PM
I take it you have seen my dirt ??!!
Karl's mentioned it to me, he's shown me a few so can't say I walked on yours or not for sure..........I'm near the Jamaica/Kiowa stopsign ;)

Focker
06-13-2005, 04:08 PM
Karl's mentioned it to me, he's shown me a few so can't say I walked on yours or not for sure..........I'm near the Jamaica/Kiowa stopsign ;)
that blanes lot
the stop sign at kiowa

MagicMtnDan
06-13-2005, 04:13 PM
Great room adjacent to kitchen (where rooms flow into each other) - no living room.
Long, wide garage with 9' doors on both ends.
Structured wiring in whole house for satellite, phones, networking and A/V distribution.
9' (minimum) ceiling height.
Back of house with covered patio and doors that open the house up to the backyard (pool/spa).
Lots of storage space (beams across car garage for storage deck?).

SummitKarl
06-13-2005, 04:17 PM
close, INSman is across the street from the (3) others who's back yards you tested the perculation rate on.

franky
06-13-2005, 04:20 PM
KARL,
What are you basing the #1 on?.."The Havasu Real Estate Report" for December 2004 Year End Report indicates that Bridgewater Homes pulled 119 Permits for Residential Single Family while Summit pulled 64 and shows Summit as #3? Bridgewater did $13,977,472 while Summit $7,012,726 which would indicate they did about twice the volume?
Nice spam BTW.

SummitKarl
06-13-2005, 04:50 PM
KARL,
What are you basing the #1 on?.."The Havasu Real Estate Report" for December 2004 Year End Report indicates that Bridgewater Homes pulled 119 Permits for Residential Single Family while Summit pulled 64 and shows Summit as #3? Bridgewater did $13,977,472 while Summit $7,012,726 which would indicate they did about twice the volume?
Nice spam BTW.
check all of Moahve county, your numbers are right on for builders only in LHC, keep in mind I design for several builders, put Summit and Paradise togeather add about 30 or so owner/builder permits (no time to go back and count each one) then see what you get. LHC CDD puts ME!!!!!!!!! at most permits pulled last year of the 1042 res permits pulled, you can get that report at the front desk of the CDD.
what BridgeWater builds and what Bridgewater sells are 2 diffrent things, I know ROB (the owner) good guy, but they sit on specs. and a major percentage of bridgewater homes are investor spec's. I know this because I go to lunch every wed. with his investors!!!!!!!
take a good look at Nationwide, do their LHC numbers reflect Their actual amount of Biz.............not even close.
the last thing you do in a small town like LHC is B.S. on stuff like this, thats one sure way to slit your own thoat. so if you would like a detailed report I will PM it to you.

franky
06-13-2005, 05:21 PM
THIS IN RESPONSE TO THE QUESTION, "ARE YOU A BUILDER?"
Seems like you are saying that "Summit Homes built 137 homes in LHC last year, that made us (them?) No1 last year????? We are talking LAKE HAVASU aren't we?
we are also talking about built not sold. Invester or owner, we are still talking BUILT aren't we?
If we are talking built and we are talking Lake Havasu City then you should probably throw in multi-family which Bridgewater had 51 units permits with $3,440,815 and Summit had 2 with with $76,824.
So....for those keeping score (cause we don't want to be BS'd in this small town) Bridgewater 170, Summit 66.
Who's the biggest builder in Havasu?
For the record, when I started building homes, as an investor, I built 2 homes with Summit and for reasons that would not be polite to bring up at this point, I have built 19 homes with Bridgewater since then.
The two homes I built with Summit where built concurrently, otherwise there would have been only one.

roln 20s
06-13-2005, 07:10 PM
Karl- check your PM!
What I want-- 3 bed, all with own bath, 3 boat deep bays, minumum of 35 feet, prefer 40. great room, super open floorplan, 10 ft ceilings, game room would be a huge plus. Oh yeah, this smart home thing seems bad ass--turning your AC on from house #1 before you drive to Havasu...sweet!
Focker---you interested in selling one of your lots? If so, PM me or Michelle- warlock 25!
I'm buying one, if not two within the next 2 months :)
Roln 20s

SummitKarl
06-13-2005, 07:12 PM
franky seems like you got it in for Summit from the get go, I have no time for pissing match,( I got way too many homes to design on my desk). what ever happened between you and Summit. seems to have happend long ago being as I don't reconize your name. I am sorry you may have had a bad experience with Summit or any builder in LHC for that matter. I am certianly not at odds with Bridgewater (I like ROB!!!) and so do the owners of Summit. be carefull where your treading here!!!!!!!!!
it's not hard to find me in Havasu, Just look for the only Purple F-150 with a IJSBA sticker on it. when I get out of the truck I am sure your words won't be so harsh.
to be honest your attack seems to aimed at something that may have happened long ago."your for the record statement" long before I joined up with Summit 2 yrs ago. I will ask Aubrey in the morning who you REALLY are hidding behind the screen
so bash all you want, it won't affect biz one single bit, Summit has too many satisfied Hot Boat Customers allready. why do you think I joined HB
THIS IN RESPONSE TO THE QUESTION, "ARE YOU A BUILDER?"
Seems like you are saying that "Summit Homes built 137 homes in LHC last year, that made us (them?) No1 last year????? We are talking LAKE HAVASU aren't we?
we are also talking about built not sold. Invester or owner, we are still talking BUILT aren't we?
If we are talking built and we are talking Lake Havasu City then you should probably throw in multi-family which Bridgewater had 51 units permits with $3,440,815 and Summit had 2 with with $76,824.
So....for those keeping score (cause we don't want to be BS'd in this small town) Bridgewater 170, Summit 66.
Who's the biggest builder in Havasu?
For the record, when I started building homes, as an investor, I built 2 homes with Summit and for reasons that would not be polite to bring up at this point, I have built 19 homes with Bridgewater since then.
The two homes I built with Summit where built concurrently, otherwise there would have been only one.

INSman
06-13-2005, 07:25 PM
franky seems like you got it in for Summit from the get go, I have no time for pissing match,( I got way too many homes to design on my desk). what ever happened between you and Summit. seems to have happend long ago being as I don't reconize your name. I am sorry you may have had a bad experience with Summit or any builder in LHC for that matter. I am certianly not at odds with Bridgewater (I like ROB!!!) and so do the owners of Summit. be carefull where your treading here!!!!!!!!!
it's not hard to find me in Havasu, Just look for the only Purple F-150 with a IJSBA sticker on it. when I get out of the truck I am sure your words won't be so harsh.
to be honest your attack seems to aimed at something that may have happened long ago."your for the record statement" long before I joined up with Summit 2 yrs ago. I will ask Aubrey in the morning who you REALLY are hidding behind the screen
so bash all you want, it won't affect biz one single bit, Summit has too many satisfied Hot Boat Customers allready. why do you think I joined HB
Yeah, what he said !!! WTF ??? :idea:

INSman
06-13-2005, 07:27 PM
I am waiting for Essex 502 to jump in here. He loves you Summit guys and was a partial reason why I chose you guys for 1 of my current Havasu projects !! :cool:

Mtg Pro
06-13-2005, 07:53 PM
Great response, cut corners to make it cheaper vs the right way in the beginning. I wonder what other corners are getting cut.

franky
06-13-2005, 08:17 PM
ot be honest your attack seems to aimed at something that may have happened long ago."your for the record statement" long before I joined up with Summit 2 yrs ago. I will ask Aubrey in the morning who you REALLY are hidding behind the screen so bash all you want, it won't affect biz one single bit, Summit has too many satisfied Hot Boat Customers allready. why do you think I joined HB
No attack, pissing match, or bashing as you say, just trying to get the FACTS out there. I was just questioning your facts, not bashing anyone including Summit). I am sure you have a purple truck with a sticker and are a big guy, don't have any facts to dispute that.
Let's move on or remember you will be the one bringing Aubry into it, because I don't. I am sure there are those out there who are happy with them. Just like Alco vs Absolute, Cheetah vs Magic, Havasu vs Parker whatever gets you in the water. Like I said, just want to see facts out there, opinions are opinions. Those are disputable and everyone has one.

bigkatboat
06-13-2005, 08:35 PM
"Karl" who in town can do plans/ construction on a patio/ kitchen/bar, and a in home theater? We need to get our project going. The guy who started on the plans has taken over a year, and no results.

meaniam
06-13-2005, 08:49 PM
2 bedroom with 3 car garage with drive thru door leading to backyard. kitchen in rear easier acess to fridge whike throwing party in backyard.nothing to fancy as far as the house. 2nd homes get burglarized too much. big back yard smaller front yard