PDA

View Full Version : Screamdreambrad #288 In Hospital

RAP
04-29-2006, 09:06 PM
Brad crashed today at 2pm, Airlifted to hospital. Is ok, but his bell was rung so he's in overnight for observation. Stitches in right hand, cuts on elbow, bruised thigh and some short term memory loss. Kill N Time went airborne like a kite, and blew apart upon impact. Capsule floated like it should and team rescue did a fantastic job.

beerjet
04-29-2006, 09:09 PM
Good to hear he is alright , but that still sucks .

RAP
04-29-2006, 09:15 PM
The pass was looking great until after 2nd gear. Not a nice sight after that.

MikeF
04-30-2006, 05:30 AM
WOW! Glad he is ok! Not much damage to him and that's good. Hope he's feeling ok! :)
On a lighter note.....was Jerry there and did he get the footage? :p

SmokinLowriderSS
04-30-2006, 10:49 AM
Man that sux, but I'm sure glad that he wasn't hurt bad. Speedy recovery wishes to ya Brad!.

BUSBY
04-30-2006, 11:12 AM
Got the phone call yeaterday about it ... man that sucks ... Glad to hear that he's okay ... sorry for Eddie, he put a lot of hours & $$$ into Kill-n-Time over the past few months.
For Brad (when you read this); I hope you get better fast & I'm glad you walked away. See you soon.
Brian

poncho-pwr
04-30-2006, 12:41 PM
I don't know the guy but it is good to hear that any fellow racer is okay after a crash, and I will send out a quick prayer for speedy recovery.
What class of boat does he race? I saw where it had a capsule so I am guessing it isn't a jet boat.

77charger
04-30-2006, 01:55 PM
I don't know the guy but it is good to hear that any fellow racer is okay after a crash, and I will send out a quick prayer for speedy recovery.
What class of boat does he race? I saw where it had a capsule so I am guessing it isn't a jet boat.
runs blown gas hydro and from the number they pulled it seems pretty stout. i think i saw a 6.97et

RAP
05-01-2006, 07:59 AM
His Friday pass in the PCE class was at 170 and this last run was looking faster than any others.
Brad got released Sunday and made a quick appearance before leaving for home.
Everyone was having mixed emotions, in big shock yet very grateful that Brad was ok.
Eddie recouped the salvaged boat parts and you will be seeing a new 288 sometime down the road.
On a lighter note Brad is off work for a week ... in case any of you need gardening work done .... :idea:
Just joking Brad ... we love you...

EMCAM
05-01-2006, 08:13 AM
I was watching that race and didnt even realize that brad was the one that went down. We were standig next to the "rap" photographers. That was a ugly crash. Im just glad that brad is ok.
nice meeting the "rap" photographers. They are some nice folks;)

Johnwithjm
05-01-2006, 08:34 AM
Brad was back at the track on Sunday. He is sore but he is ok.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
05-01-2006, 08:50 AM
Hey john, were you wearrig a red hat and red pants on sat?

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
05-01-2006, 08:53 AM
I was watching that race and didnt even realize that brad was the one that went down. We were standig next to the "rap" photographers. That was a ugly crash. Im just glad that brad is ok.
nice meeting the "rap" photographers. They are some nice folks;)
Oops, i just noticed that I posted under my friends name. He was logged in my computer. Thats post is mine;)

HBjet
05-01-2006, 09:35 AM
That sucks..... Glad he's ok.....
HBjet

billet racing
05-01-2006, 10:16 AM
Good to hear your OK. Nobody likes to see a fellow racer get hurt. Makes us think, and that's not a good thing.
Jerry Hicks has been tossed at the last two NJBA events. He too is doing OK.
Jerry

Johnwithjm
05-01-2006, 10:40 AM
Hey john, were you wearrig a red hat and red pants on sat?
Yes that was me.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
05-01-2006, 11:01 AM
Yes that was me.
i saw you! We were standing by the fence next to you. I was the brotha with the gold on;) I thought recognized you.

stoker2001
05-01-2006, 11:28 AM
runs blown gas hydro and from the number they pulled it seems pretty stout. i think i saw a 6.97etVery happy to see Brad is doing well!!Robert,did the Hot dam Hondo crew tell you i came by?Sorry to see the carnage on the Hondo,you going to Red Bluff?

Bense468
05-01-2006, 12:40 PM
Heard the news while we were in Blythe this weekend.
Brad- Glad your okay buddy. Take some time off, and come float the river with us. Bring your crash helmet for when Danny's around. Your gonna need it with that guy.
Boats can be re-built is the bottom line. More of a reason to spend the cash on the safty equipment. See ya soon.

77charger
05-01-2006, 02:55 PM
Very happy to see Brad is doing well!!Robert,did the Hot dam Hondo crew tell you i came by?Sorry to see the carnage on the Hondo,you going to Red Bluff?
yup they told me you came by.My boat wasnt ready so i stayed behind maybe next time.We plan on being at red bluff

AZKC
05-01-2006, 03:02 PM
Saw the wreck from the stands, glad to see the capsule floating after all the carnage. Great he's doing ok and out of the hospital.
That wreck happened quick. It was cool the guy in the other lane pulled up to see if he could help right away :)

Nucking futs
05-01-2006, 04:08 PM
Was At Tom Papps today and Eddie Had the pics of the crash. Glad Brad was ok cuz the boat is destroyed.I Was also talking to Bob Fry, he was in the other lane running with brad, Bob said he it happened real quick.
Boats can be replaced, drivers can't !!

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
05-01-2006, 04:27 PM
Was At Tom Papps today and Eddie Had the pics of the crash. Glad Brad was ok cuz the boat is destroyed.I Was also talking to Bob Fry, he was in the other lane running with brad, Bob said he it happened real quick.
Boats can be replaced, drivers can't !!
Bob didnt finish the race. He shut down and stopped right next to brad. That is what I call sportsmanship!!!!

Nucking futs
05-01-2006, 05:09 PM
On another one of Bobs qualif. pass another driver got wet. Not a good weekend from what I heard. Alot of carnage.

RAP
05-01-2006, 07:53 PM
Bob didnt finish the race. He shut down and stopped right next to brad. That is what I call sportsmanship!!!!
Diddo!!!!! That was the coolest thing we have seen. Bob had to rerun his qualifying round on Sunday AM because of that. By the way we still think the "Split" should name his boat after you.
We talked to Brad ... and he is cancelling a trip to Havasu this weekend because of his condition. He is contemplating the benefits of sipping DR Pepper on the beach and just hanging out to see if any gorgeous women would take pity on him and his plight.
We offered him free transportation to NJBA Shootout but he quickly declined partially due to the fact women almost need to wear long-johns there and partially because he wasn't up to it. (I think it was the long john thing).
It is cool to see Brad and Eddie are still real tight and although Brad got an offer immediately after his accident to run an open style jet boat, he declined. Partially because his first loyalty is to Eddie and also because he watched his Mom's tape of the accident and knows that the capsule saved his life. He said he won't race in anything other than a capsule after seeing the footage.

Cs19
05-01-2006, 08:29 PM
I saw some of the hull sitting at the in ramp when I was getting dropped in, I didnt realize it was that serious till I saw the shredded fiberglass pieces.Its great to hear Brads doing well, hopefully he recovers soon and gets back on the rope sooner than later.

moneysucker
05-01-2006, 09:40 PM
Glad to hear brad is ok. Really sorry to hear all the work, time money and that beutiful black machine went so fast. Hope to see them out soon and feeling better.
Cy

screamdreambrad
05-02-2006, 10:11 AM
hi everybody,thanks for all the well wishes. i've got a real good concussion,half the back of my right hand sewn back together(the after affects of breaking the steering shaft off,from having death grip on the wheel at impact!) deep bruise on left leg from the fuel shutoff,right hip from ????. cuts on right elbow?? cut on right shin??again. nothin left of the boat but the capsule,motor,v-drive trans ,and clutch. boat is a total loss.pulled two intake valves through the seats tuliped the heads of those valves til the broke the bottom of the guides off ! woke up this morning hitting the water upsidedown at 170mph! that was the first that i have remembered of the intire pass! bob frye still proves his friendship by aborting his qualifying pass to try and help his pal! what a guy! thanks again everybody.talk to ya later. bfp

460 jus getn it
05-02-2006, 10:19 AM
hi everybody,thanks for all the well wishes. i've got a real good concussion,half the back of my right hand sewn back together(the after affects of breaking the steering shaft off,from having death grip on the wheel at impact!) deep bruise on left leg from the fuel shutoff,right hip from ????. cuts on right elbow?? cut on right shin??again. nothin left of the boat but the capsule,motor,v-drive trans ,and clutch. boat is a total loss.pulled two intake valves through the seats tuliped the heads of those valves til the broke the bottom of the guides off ! woke up this morning hitting the water upsidedown at 170mph! that was the first that i have remembered of the intire pass! bob frye still proves his friendship by aborting his qualifying pass to try and help his pal! what a guy! thanks again everybody.talk to ya later. bfpbrad glad to hear your ok, i wasnt there saturday but micheal called me and you were in my thoughts and prayers. hope you recover soon, and see you at worls finals....

Johnwithjm
05-02-2006, 10:26 AM
hi everybody,thanks for all the well wishes. i've got a real good concussion,half the back of my right hand sewn back together(the after affects of breaking the steering shaft off,from having death grip on the wheel at impact!) deep bruise on left leg from the fuel shutoff,right hip from ????. cuts on right elbow?? cut on right shin??again. nothin left of the boat but the capsule,motor,v-drive trans ,and clutch. boat is a total loss.pulled two intake valves through the seats tuliped the heads of those valves til the broke the bottom of the guides off ! woke up this morning hitting the water upsidedown at 170mph! that was the first that i have remembered of the intire pass! bob frye still proves his friendship by aborting his qualifying pass to try and help his pal! what a guy! thanks again everybody.talk to ya later. bfp
Glad you are ok Brad.

RAP
05-02-2006, 11:23 PM
Hey your awake!!!!
Sounds like a good time to feed you ... you won't remember if it's good or bad cooking. Did you know Bob also ran in the near lane beside David Sharp when he took a dip? We got pics of Bob racing an empy boat and one of them looks like he is losing!
your pics
http://www.raceactionphotography.com/boat_2006_brad.php
Some of Bobs pics
http://www.raceactionphotography.com/boat_2006_bob.php
Get well soon Brad.