PDA

View Full Version : Gargage Cabinets?? What kind did you get?

Itsahobby
06-13-2005, 12:13 PM
I'm looking at buying some pre-made garage cabinets and was wondering if any one has purchase any and how they liked them.
Right now I am looking at these:
http://www.garagestoragecabinets.com/index.html
But I am opened to suggestions/advice.
Thanks,
Hobby

Mrs.Racer277
06-13-2005, 12:25 PM
I had the hubby install the Home Depot cabinets for me in the garage. I love them. :D I don't think they were to hard to install. No power tools were killed in the making. :rolleyes: :D

Nord
06-13-2005, 12:29 PM
What is a gargage????? :p :p :p :p :)

cole13
06-13-2005, 12:30 PM
I did the Home Depot ones, and do not like them. I had to use extra 2x4
supports on the inside, to put any weight in them. Also they have to sit on the garage floor. It is better if you can figure some way to hang them on the wall.
For the cost, you can have someone come out and build a really nice set for under $1000, for like 20 feet.

Itsahobby
06-13-2005, 12:33 PM
Man, I did it twice too :frown:
What is a gargage????? :p :p :p :p :)

Itsahobby
06-13-2005, 12:38 PM
I was thinking about having them made. I am going to check the cabinet maker who did are kitchen, see what they want.
I agree with you also, I would like mine to be hung on the wall. This makes for easy floor cleanup.
Thanks,
Hobby
I did the Home Depot ones, and do not like them. I had to use extra 2x4
supports on the inside, to put any weight in them. Also they have to sit on the garage floor. It is better if you can figure some way to hang them on the wall.
For the cost, you can have someone come out and build a really nice set for under $1000, for like 20 feet.

riverracerx
06-13-2005, 12:50 PM
Home depot. They have nicer ones with raised doors. Hang them on the wall. To do this cut a 2x4 and place it inside the cabinet, one at the top and one under the middle shelf. Screw them to the cabinet from the outside. Set the cabinet on the stem wall (it will be level), above the floor. Screw the cabinet to the wall through the attached 2x4's. With multiple cabinets level them out and screw them to each other for added support.

UnionJack
06-13-2005, 01:09 PM
I did the home depot

Dave C
06-13-2005, 01:14 PM
HD also.....
gee as a group we lack originality don't we?