PDA

View Full Version : header h20 problem

bakerjet
04-29-2006, 09:21 PM
i have way to much water coming out my headers at WOT whats the best way to cut it back? thanks

RCB19
04-29-2006, 10:29 PM
Valves and a restricter fitting in the water manifolds.

blown428fe
04-30-2006, 04:22 AM
http://www.bassettracing.com/newpage7.htm#Jet%20Water%20Injected%20Installation

Squirtcha?
04-30-2006, 07:27 AM
i have way to much water coming out my headers at WOT whats the best way to cut it back? thanks
You can valve your spiders too. This way you can adjust how much
water is going to your headers independently of how much water
is going to cool your motor. If you're getting too much water to the
headers, just shut the valve a little.
I'm valved, but to tell the truth if everything is working the way it
should I never have to touch the valves. I just run em all the way
open.
You might want to Check the ball and spring in your Bassett T valve.
The spring may be broken, or something is stuck and holding the ball
off the seat. Is the problem only at WOT? How is it at idle (no header water/steam)?
It almost sounds like you're putting too much water to the motor.
Have you tried reducing it by closing the valve down some? What is
your engine temp at idle? While underway? Do you have any water
in your oil?
Am I asking too many questions?
http://jetboat.homestead.com/files/p1010003t.jpg

bakerjet
04-30-2006, 08:51 AM
no water in oil, no water out the headers at idle. boat heats up to around 180 at idle then cools off to around 165 under way. i need a thermostat kit! but i also need to pinch off the water going to the headers, i have alot of large water droplets coming out when i stand on it.
so what yall are saying is to install the orifice fittings and the valves on each side and pinch off on the valves if i have to. i might should buy a new spring for the t valve also just so i'll know it's not weak. would it be just as good to put one valve upstream of the t valve and that would cover both sides?

Devilman
04-30-2006, 08:56 AM
I've got a ball valve on the water line that feeds my headers, ahead of the T-valve. Cuts the flow some, but still allows the Bassett T to function like its supposed to. :rollside: The valve is right off the manifold where its easy to get to if I need to mess with it, but once its set, you shouldn't have to...

Squirtcha?
04-30-2006, 09:17 AM
The single valve would work great, you can do both sides with the one valve. Same concept, just a different variation of the idea.
I'm not sure that I agree with the Thermostat thing. I've never run one and haven't had any problems. The boat is 30 years old and has never had one that I know of. I subscribe to the KISS theory. The fewer pieces of hardware and electronics you have, the less chance of failure.
You say you've got water droplets? That's not a bad thing. IMO you're never going to get it setup so it's purely steam. I pictured you had water running out of the headers at WOT. If it's just drips, I wouldn't even worry about it. They pretty much all do that.

bakerjet
04-30-2006, 11:08 AM
thanks Dan the water is coming out in large amounts but not running out, gonna go with the one valve upstream and see what happens thanks again.