PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Rhinos!!!

No Regrets
06-14-2005, 12:41 PM
Check these out, also available as a 450
http://www.yamaha-motor.com/assets/products/sxs/general/media_content_unit01369a61ba.jpg

Jrocket
06-14-2005, 02:30 PM
Hey bazzel,where this pics from?

TOBTEK
06-14-2005, 02:44 PM
2006 model release was Sunday night on Yahama website
www.yamahausa.com
new color looks good, and the wheels are a big plus!

djunkie
06-14-2005, 02:49 PM
Are they any cheaper? :D

TOBTEK
06-14-2005, 02:58 PM
2006 Rhino 660 Auto. 4x4 Special Edition
Key Features:
For those who must have the best, the Special Edition rolls out with a silver frame and springs, steel blue bodywork with a special logo and graphics, standard LCD gauge, special seats, sport steering wheel and cast aluminum wheels.
Comfortable interior with automotive-type controls: Steering wheel, left-side foot brake pedal/right-side foot accelerator pedal, center-mounted console shifter and parking brake lever, turn-to-start ignition switch, LCD gauge and 12-volt accessory outlet render the Rhino totally userfriendly.
Liquid-/oil-cooled five-valve 660cc four-stroke engine—the biggest and most advanced engine ever used in a side-by-side—and light weight add up to the best power-to-weight ratio of any side-by-side model in the industry.
*Industry-exclusive fully automatic Ultramatic™ transmission with dual-range (Hi/Lo) drive and reverse is the most advanced drive system available. Maintaining constant belt tension reduces wear, gives instant throttle response, and provides industry-exclusive all-wheel downhill engine braking.
*Industry-exclusive three-position On-Command™ In/Out 4WD feature lets you switch between 2WD, limited-slip 4WD and fully locked differential 4WD—all with the simple push of a button.
Fully independent four-wheel suspension: Double-wishbones front and rear deliver 7.3 inches of wheel travel and 12.1 inches of ground clearance and five-way preload-adjustable shocks provide maximum tire contact and amazing comfort while navigating rough terrain.
Thick bucket seats and that great, long-travel suspension system work together to provide the smoothest ride in the industry.
New for 2006:
New, stamped steel dump bed is rated to haul 400 pounds of gear, with a new latch that opens from either side.
New Maxxis tires offer great traction, longer life and a comfortable ride.
Engine:
Tented five-valve cylinder head design (same as on the ultra-rugged Grizzly 660) delivers incomparable combination of potent low-rev torque and right-now throttle response.
Dual-range (Hi/Lo) drive with reverse, taps into more pulling power in low and more performance in high than any machine in its class.*
Console-mounted dual-range (H/L/N/R) shift lever.
Sealed drive case keeps out water and debris, and a hand-operated side cover drain lets out what little gets in.
Specially designed full stainless steel exhaust system features aluminum heat shields and a screen-type spark arrestor for superb power characteristics with minimum noise output.
Large-capacity aluminum radiator and oil cooler with fan-assist delivers maximum cooling efficiency and is positioned high in the frame for optimal protection.
42mm Mikuni CV carburetor and high-output DC-CDI ignition system ensure incredible throttle response and engine performance.
Specially designed drive system air intake vent helps prevent overheating and keeps water and mud from entering the drive case.
Easy-access, tool-free air filter box.
Chassis/Suspension:
Steel frame is lightweight and features outstanding durability with superior rigidity for superb handling.
Light, responsive rack and pinion steering features a fully sealed steering column and double u-joint steering linkage for smooth operation and class-leading turning radius—even in 4WD.
Large-diameter ventilated hydraulic front disc brakes and shaft-mounted hydraulic rear disc provide outstanding stopping power in a variety of conditions.
12.1-inch ground clearance delivers maximum underbelly protection while enhancing terrainability.
Low-maintenance front shaft drive features gear case and electronic servo-activated 2WD/4WD/Diff-lock via the On-Command™ system. Direct rear shaft drive eliminates the U-joint for greater durability and more efficient power transfer at all RPM.
Heavy-duty front guard and CV joint guards protect against rock and debris damage.
Standard center-mounted, heavy-duty two-inch receiver-style hitch can tow over 1200 pounds.
Additional Features:
Large, specially designed seats are extra plush and supportive for all-day driver and passenger comfort.
Operator and passenger safety belts.
Dual 30-watt multi-reflector Krypton bulb headlights with high/low beams feature stylishly sleek cat-eye design; dual 5-watt/21-watt tail/brake lights.
Large, 7.9-gallon fuel tank features a fuel level gauge.
Maintenance-free battery provides power, even in cold weather.
*Includes side-by-side 4x4 models.

TOBTEK
06-14-2005, 02:59 PM
MSRP* $9,899 (Steel Blue) Available from August 2005

Three Days Only
06-14-2005, 03:43 PM
This is ****ed up!!!

No Regrets
06-14-2005, 04:02 PM
Dont worry Jeff,
when you total yours trying to run Bjork over,
just call your insurance co. and then you'll have to replace it w/ an 2006

andy01
06-14-2005, 05:53 PM
HHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMM, blue isn't my color but all I would have to do is paint it red...... and would have it just in time for winter. I might have to order me one of those.
Andy

ADDICTED
06-15-2005, 07:44 AM
Yah Blue isn't my color either but it is more my color then green is.
Figure Hammer on it now so when my plastics are ruined either paint or by Blue.

riverroyal
06-15-2005, 08:23 AM
Tobys,maybe I should wait,,,,,,

TOBTEK
06-15-2005, 09:43 AM
as cool as the 06's are.....Id still rather have a std "NON-LIMITED edition" for the extra $1000.00 retail bump, which im sure the dealers will bump that. The new alum wheels still are not offset for the wider stance, the gray seats are not a big deal, digital dash is cool, but is a 160.00 option at the parts counter, Blue paint is cool, but you will still look like everyone else. ID save the 1000 G's and go custom :p
NOW the STEEL body work is VERY nice according to Willie :rollside:

TOBTEK
06-15-2005, 09:45 AM
were you OK after the "TEST DRIVE" this last weekend :rollside: that was a blast......cant wait to see the new body, its gonna be PIMP!
NOW, if Willie's boy would get the new cages done...that would be a plus :rolleyes:

riverroyal
06-15-2005, 10:08 AM
ive been in bed for 2 days,for real,dont think it had anything to do with the seat belt crushing my ribs,my lawyer will figure it out,,how much for the rhino?

TOBTEK
06-15-2005, 10:20 AM
ive been in bed for 2 days,for real,dont think it had anything to do with the seat belt crushing my ribs,my lawyer will figure it out,,how much for the rhino?
I dont want to sell mine, BUT my boss is kicking around selling his for 9500.00. it has maybe 3 hours on it, and has the 27" 589 tires with bitchin alum wheels..... I'll give you a call in a bit, are you OK to talk on the phone? are you just rub'in one out for the last two days :jawdrop: :D

riverroyal
06-15-2005, 10:21 AM
you can call me at home,if lisa calls thats different

TOBTEK
06-15-2005, 10:35 AM
you can call me at home,if lisa calls thats different
if Lisa calls go for it!.....now if my Leisa calls thats a whole different dealio! Rhino's in the garage, if you want it just leave a check and you can deal with Alex getting it finished.......dohhhhhhh :D

riverroyal
06-15-2005, 10:38 AM
it wrong,,,ive had alex paint 8 or 9 watercraft,3 or 4 helmets,a box van,some other crap,plus my dads street rod,ive grown old waiting on him

TOBTEK
06-15-2005, 10:58 AM
it wrong,,,ive had alex paint 8 or 9 watercraft,3 or 4 helmets,a box van,some other crap,plus my dads street rod,ive grown old waiting on him
box van for what??

riverroyal
06-15-2005, 11:00 AM
when i was on tour,seadoo paid for that one

TOBTEK
06-15-2005, 11:03 AM
when i was on tour,seadoo paid for that one
I didnt know you were on the ISJBA world tour you stud! Were you on a HX or something???? How much are you going to poke in for the 750 in the garage????

riverroyal
06-15-2005, 11:11 AM
thought you knew,,should i brag?,,,went for 3 years,last 2 years for factory seadoo,on HX's,bought our first house from racing,,enough bragging,,,,i really want to sell the stand up and the Think and get a rhino,,you need the think for the new house,and the ski for the river house

TOBTEK
06-15-2005, 11:27 AM
thought you knew,,should i brag?,,,went for 3 years,last 2 years for factory seadoo,on HX's,bought our first house from racing,,enough bragging,,,,i really want to sell the stand up and the Think and get a rhino,,you need the think for the new house,and the ski for the river house
so $ 3000.00 for both? how much did you pick up the think for again?? :cool:

riverroyal
06-15-2005, 11:32 AM
i checked ebay,they are going for 6000 to 6500,,, im thinking package deal,think,ski,some $ from the refi we are probably gonna do,,

JB in so cal
06-15-2005, 11:37 AM
...blah, blah, blah. :cool:

riverroyal
06-15-2005, 11:40 AM
i could go on and on,,,,,,,,

riverroyal
06-15-2005, 11:41 AM
to get a rhino before desert season,,,,you need something to drive JB,getting for you

JB in so cal
06-15-2005, 11:46 AM
to match the cart! You can use it too, ya' know.
You still planning to go out this weekend? Wind and everything.

riverroyal
06-15-2005, 11:48 AM
think its gonna be that windy?did you see a forecast?i checked the weather online,it says wind for sure

JB in so cal
06-15-2005, 11:51 AM
cant be anyworse than a few weeks ago. Holy Crap!
See you out there.
BTW. Lisa said she was all set to do the belly button (surprise for my birthday), but she checked with her doctor; all piercings need to be out for surgery anyway, so she'll do it after the knee.
Tell Rene she's a trend setter.

riverroyal
06-15-2005, 11:52 AM
it has to stay in for months i think,,,,god bless my wife......more wind means more beer

TOBTEK
06-15-2005, 01:04 PM
steve......answer you damn PHONE!....you better not be at 1641 !! IF so, you can take over PAYMENTS :( "HMB"

OutCole'd
06-15-2005, 01:08 PM
JB, RR is kicking your azz in his post count, you better get busy.

JB in so cal
06-15-2005, 02:18 PM
JB, RR is kicking your azz in his post count, you better get busy.
Go figure. I go out of town for a day and a half FOR WORK!!! and he just keeps posting like he's got nothing else to do.
I'm gonna need a new strategy.

Evo22
06-17-2005, 08:52 AM
were you OK after the "TEST DRIVE" this last weekend :rollside: that was a blast......cant wait to see the new body, its gonna be PIMP!
NOW, if Willie's boy would get the new cages done...that would be a plus :rolleyes:
hey toby, what is taking willie so long with the cages??? I have 2 of them in stock all I need is your old cage mounts to weld on so it bolts up like stock just cut off about 6" off the bottom of all 4 corners and send them too me :hammerhea

TOBTEK
06-17-2005, 01:59 PM
hey toby, what is taking willie so long with the cages??? I have 2 of them in stock all I need is your old cage mounts to weld on so it bolts up like stock just cut off about 6" off the bottom of all 4 corners and send them too me :hammerhea
put some pics up.....my brother :D

Evo22
06-17-2005, 06:24 PM
just like Freinds of AA and TA's with or without the removable rear seat section tabs for front winshield and aluminuim top:cool:

TOBTEK
06-17-2005, 06:51 PM
just like Freinds of AA and TA's with or without the removable rear seat section tabs for front winshield and aluminuim top:cool:
whats the price tag senior??? painted or powercoated??

WetWillie
06-20-2005, 09:11 PM
Whats the price?? I have the old cage mounts in stock for $90 if you dont want to cut up your old cage! Yamaha surplus!!
My bumpers are done just need to be powder coated..
Cage will be done this week. Will look alot like yours with our own changes! :eek: Still have to figure the windsield part! Roof?
A-Arms with will be done this week with some little tricks. Full Hiem joints so we can adjust some things including camber and caster.
Stereo system Mids tweets single 12" second battery battery iso...
HID lights are getting wired. Lighted Whip anntena for the dunes.
Fox Shocks are getting revalved.
Still trying to figure paint out. :confused:
Drop in 12 pack cooler rack holder going on back bumper to hold a little beer and snacks.
Shell be done in a few weeks!! Johnny Fab is on it full time!
Then well be ready for the crazy horse show down!! :eek:
It should look like a mini trugggy!

INSman
06-20-2005, 09:35 PM
Whats the price?? I have the old cage mounts in stock for $90 if you dont want to cut up your old cage!
Cage will be done this week. Will look alot like yours with our own changes! :eek: Still have to figure the windsield part! Roof?
A Arms with will be done this week with some little tricks. Full Hiem joints so we can adjust camber caster.
Stereo system
HID lights are getting wired. Whip anntena for the dunes.
Fow Shocks are getting revalved.
Still trying to figure paint out.
Drop in 12 pack cooler rack holder going on back bumper.
You guys are funny with this Rhino biz !! :hammer2: :D
p.s. WW, how did that truck theft claim turn out ?? If you need a great agent/broker, we need to talk.. :cool:

WetWillie
06-20-2005, 09:41 PM
I talked to them today. Told them the keys were in it! I think I give them to much business to deni me.. We will see. She wants to settle this week which I think is wierd.. We can talk over a beer next time your out in havi..
I dont think I need to make you anymore money!! High roller!!

TOBTEK
06-21-2005, 06:05 AM
Whats the price?? I have the old cage mounts in stock for $90 if you dont want to cut up your old cage! Yamaha surplus!!
A-Arms with will be done this week with some little tricks. Full Hiem joints so we can adjust some things including camber and caster.
Stereo system Mids tweets single 12" second battery battery iso...
HID lights are getting wired. Lighted Whip anntena for the dunes.
Fow Shocks are getting revalved.
Still trying to figure paint out. :confused:
Drop in 12 pack cooler rack holder going on back bumper to hold a little beer and snacks.
It should look like a mini trugggy!
DANG Billie......................I thought you were just having a rear seat for the kids made :jawdrop: :2purples: you say I go overboard on some toys, and now look at you go. The first 40K RHINO :D ......do you have any pic's of the front bumber or cages yet.........gotta get GLAMIS prep'ed.
Did Ricky get a rhino yet....did he sell that 3500.00 cart for 5k yet??? J/K hoppy.....love ya man :hammer2: :D

INSman
06-21-2005, 06:39 AM
I talked to them today. Told them the keys were in it! I think I give them to much business to deni me.. We will see. She wants to settle this week which I think is wierd.. We can talk over a beer next time your out in havi..
I dont think I need to make you anymore money!! High roller!!
check your PM's ;)

mbrown2
06-21-2005, 07:58 AM
Big Willie...sounds like you went over the top on your Rhino... :D Nice...

JohnnyAirtime
06-21-2005, 09:34 AM
I'm workin on it! :D
BIG DELAY in the 1.75 forming die for the bender... :confused: It should be here on Wednesday, and cage should be nearly done by Friday of this week.
.... Bumpers, Cages, A-Arms, Widened-Axles, --- I do it all. Come on over and get a quote! hahahaha..... :smile:

FREIND OF AA AND TA
06-21-2005, 09:34 AM
Willie! Stop trying to out do me!!!!!!! :devil:

mbrown2
06-21-2005, 10:26 AM
I think all these Rhino boyz have a case of the 1 Uppers... :D

Reaper1
06-21-2005, 12:03 PM
I think all these Rhino boyz have a case of the 1 Uppers... :D
Or the no dickers. :lightsabe :D

JohnnyAirtime
06-22-2005, 10:58 PM
I'm workin on it! :D
BIG DELAY in the 1.75 forming die for the bender... :confused: It should be here on Wednesday, and cage should be nearly done by Friday of this week.
.... Bumpers, Cages, A-Arms, Widened-Axles, --- I do it all. Come on over and get a quote! hahahaha..... :smile:
ahhh crap... the die never showed, which means it'll be here tomorrow. And yet another delay in getting the 'cage' done.
Billy, make sure to come over tomorrow and check out your front a-arms. I'll make sure it's all welded up and 'shocked' with tires/wheels mounted so you can see it's new ride height, and mean stance. You should gain about 4" in overall useable travel... making it 10" total top to bottom. (make it later in the day as I've got some errands to run in the am till noonish :coffeycup )
You can take it all to get powder coated on Monday.... Bumpers, A-Arms, Removable Cooler Rack, ....etc.
... see ya then.

Jrocket
06-23-2005, 02:38 PM
Or the no dickers. :lightsabe :D
Oh quit with the hating.You need to relax more.Just let everyone have their fun with their new toys and when the fad is over,step in and buy a few for cheap!

Reaper1
06-23-2005, 02:49 PM
Good point. :idea: