PDA

View Full Version : Cobra Boats

hotlavey
06-14-2005, 06:32 PM
Looking to get some info on Cobra Boats. My friend is looking at them and I know nothing about them. Need opinions on quality, service, price, resale, ride(he is looking at the new 29 so ride info probably is not available)
Anything at all will help-- thanks.

Mandelon
06-14-2005, 06:41 PM
They are becoming quite popular that's for sure. I like the looks of them, but do a search on here and see what comes up.

Kilrtoy
06-14-2005, 06:41 PM
With that said try Shockwave and Ultra

Debbolas
06-14-2005, 06:42 PM
or Kachina :cool:

ClownRoyal
06-14-2005, 06:44 PM
Do a search...there is a thread on this already :notam:

Throttle
06-14-2005, 07:13 PM
Looking to get some info on Cobra Boats. My friend is looking at them and I know nothing about them. Need opinions on quality, service, price, resale, ride(he is looking at the new 29 so ride info probably is not available)
Get em! options are unlimited... its yours to decide...
I am very pleased with what is now my second Cobra... Go check it out!

Wonderboy
06-14-2005, 07:14 PM
When I was looking around I went by Cobra. They're in Montclair. I wasn't super impressed, but they were cheaper in price than others. But when I left their shop I had fiberglass in my throat and was itchy all over. Their shop wasn't as clean as others. I saw them matching up the top and bottom of a boat and the graffics didn't line up very well either. Just my opinion.

Throttle
06-14-2005, 07:23 PM
When I was looking around I went by Cobra. They're in Montclair. I wasn't super impressed, but they were cheaper in price than others. But when I left their shop I had fiberglass in my throat and was itchy all over. Their shop wasn't as clean as others. I saw them matching up the top and bottom of a boat and the graffics didn't line up very well either. Just my opinion.
Go easy there Wonderboy, your throat was itchy because you were salivating over the boat you wanted to buy.
Cheaper in price is called "Value".
As for the top and bottom lining up, well... pull your rub rail and off and you will most likely see the same thing.

Kilrtoy
06-14-2005, 07:24 PM
Get em! options are unlimited... its yours to decide...
I am very pleased with what is now my second Cobra... Go check it out!
And they are the only ones that do this???????????????????

Kilrtoy
06-14-2005, 07:26 PM
When I was looking around I went by Cobra. They're in Montclair. I wasn't super impressed, but they were cheaper in price than others..
There is a reason things are cheaper
Hell a YUGO was only $5,999.99

VEGASBABY
06-14-2005, 07:30 PM
My 2 good friends have the 27 Razors and both love'em! Very nice boats with all the options and they say theyare always well taken care of if the need anthing from the company!

Wonderboy
06-14-2005, 07:31 PM
There is a reason things are cheaper
Hell a YUGO was only $5,999.99
Exactly. Not that there's anything wrong with Cobra Boats though.

Debbolas
06-14-2005, 07:33 PM
Go easy there Wonderboy, your throat was itchy because you were salivating over the boat you wanted to buy.
As for the top and bottom lining up, well... pull your rub rail and off and you will most likely see the same thing.
Personally I like the boats that have OVERLAPPING hulls, where the top and the bottom overlap......(like Kachina and Essex)
I didn't think the Cobra boats were cheaper............
They seemed nice, lots of flame graphics :rolleyes: Which is ok, if you want your boat to look like everyone elses............
But to each their own...........

Wonderboy
06-14-2005, 07:36 PM
My 2 good friends have the 27 Razors and both love'em! Very nice boats with all the options and they say theyare always well taken care of if the need anthing from the company!
I have heard they have great customer service. My girlfriend works with someone that has one. He broke down (motor problem, not the boat) and had to leave it at the dock overnight. An idiot with an aluminum boat parked next to him, without bumpers!! :burningm: Well needless to say a pretty large area of gell was rubbed off, along with some fiberglass damage. Cobra fixed the guys boat free of charge.

Kilrtoy
06-14-2005, 07:36 PM
So, you're saying that Cobra is the Yugo of boats?
NO I would not go that low, I reserve that for......
But its not far above...
But then again I have not looked at them in two years...
Maybe things have gotten better...
They do do AWESOME GEL COAT from the few I have seen....

VEGASBABY
06-14-2005, 07:38 PM
I have heard they have great customer service. My girlfriend works with someone that has one. He broke down (motor problem, not the boat) and had to leave it at the dock overnight. An idiot with an aluminum boat parked next to him, without bumpers!! :burningm: Well needless to say a pretty large area of gell was rubbed off, along with some fiberglass damage. Cobra fixed the guys boat free of charge. Thats the type of service they have recieved in the past! Good luck!

Throttle
06-14-2005, 07:39 PM
hey hotlavey, klrtoy is right... there are lots of boat companies that will do anything that you want... But you are seeking info about Cobra, in my experience with them I have been very well taken care of. I'm not one to go back and do business with someone that doesn't do it right the first time. Service had always been great.
Resale on my previous cobra was easy too.

Throttle
06-14-2005, 07:41 PM
Exactly. Not that there's anything wrong with Cobra Boats though.
klrtoy has a bitchin dcb, nothing is going to be as good as his, but you will not find anything wrong with your Cobra.

Kilrtoy
06-14-2005, 07:43 PM
klrtoy has a bitchin dcb, nothing is going to be as good as his, but you will not find anything wrong with your Cobra.
Hey now.. I did not start there, I started with a $9,029 STINGRAY brand new....
I due alot of homework and I learned from some very good people on what to look for, That is why I bought a Shockwave next and when I could step up to the big leagues, I bought a DCB.....
If I ever plan on going in the ocean it would be east coast.....

laveydayz
06-14-2005, 07:44 PM
Well I know Laveycraft index's the hull and deck while both are still in the mold so there is very little if any mismatch.....Just something to compare quality...Price is should not always be the deciding factor.

Kilrtoy
06-14-2005, 07:45 PM
Just something to compare quality...Price is should not always be the deciding factor.
THat about sums it all up...........

Wonderboy
06-14-2005, 07:48 PM
Oh don't get me wrong, I don't think there's anything wrong with Cobra and I sure as hell wouldn't turn one down. And I know graffics don't match up perfectly. Just theirs were a little more off than the rest of the shops we visited, at least the ones that took us through their shop. Look, someone asked my opinion and I gave it, not to step on anyone's toes, but so he can have the point of view of as many people as possible.http://www2.***boat.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Throttle
06-14-2005, 07:58 PM
Personally I like the boats that have OVERLAPPING hulls, where the top and the bottom overlap......(like Kachina and Essex)
you will not find that "overlapping" mold at cobra.

Throttle
06-14-2005, 08:08 PM
he is looking at the new 29
the 290 Viper is Cobra's newest hull design, one of several over the past few years. It has been on the water and been tested but I do not have any stats for you. The hull is a modified V... Got lots of attention at the LA boat show, I can try to post some pix for you tomorrow. Have your friend go check it out in the showroom in Montclair. It is pretty sweet!

Throttle
06-14-2005, 08:13 PM
here ya go! Cobra's 290 Viper
http://cobraperformanceboats.com/290_viper/290_viper-05080.jpg

Throttle
06-14-2005, 08:17 PM
http://cobraperformanceboats.com/290_viper/cobra_290_v_top.jpg

Kilrtoy
06-14-2005, 08:22 PM
THAT IS ONE UGLY ASS BOAT .......

boxscore
06-14-2005, 08:26 PM
LOL

Debbolas
06-14-2005, 08:28 PM
you will not find that "overlapping" mold at cobra.
Just curious............
Do you know why they don't overlap their hull design?

hotlavey
06-14-2005, 08:29 PM
Thanks everyone for all the info, both pro and con. As a Lavey owner I am very prejudiced but cost plays a big factor here. The 29 Cobra with the Ilmore pkg is over 120K so that may end his trip to Cobra. He may end up going used, but that is his call.
Thanks again.

Throttle
06-14-2005, 08:31 PM
that powerplant will put him over the top $$$ in any boat. good luck...

Kilrtoy
06-14-2005, 08:34 PM
Thanks everyone for all the info, both pro and con. As a Lavey owner I am very prejudiced but cost plays a big factor here. The 29 Cobra with the Ilmore pkg is over 120K so that may end his trip to Cobra. He may end up going used, but that is his call.
Thanks again.
If cost is playing a factor buy used and get better.....
Didnt you say it was his first boat...
maybe he should down size for his first boat

Throttle
06-14-2005, 08:37 PM
If cost is playing a factor buy used and get better.....
Didnt you say it was his first boat...
maybe he should down size for his first boat
ditto!

Parker Dreamin
06-14-2005, 08:41 PM
We have the 26 Cobra Razor and have nothing to complain about. So far the customer service has been great, the boat runs great, the boat looks great and WE ARE HAPPY. Thats what counts. There will always be somebody that has something bad to say about somebodys product.
PM me is you want any other details etc.

Throttle
06-14-2005, 08:53 PM
Thanks again.
you do know that the ilmore is a big upgrade $$$, right? The 290 Viper comes stock with the 496 mag...
where did the $120K idea come from anyway? After some thought, I am thinkin its a bit off... Have your friend go check it out, he will be glad he did!

Kilrtoy
06-14-2005, 08:55 PM
you do know that the ilmore is a big upgrade $$$, right? The 290 Viper comes stock with the 496 mag...
where did the $120K idea come from anyway? After some thought, I am thinkin its a bit off... Have your friend go check it out, he will be glad he did!
How much is the 29 with a mag

Throttle
06-14-2005, 09:04 PM
How much is the 29 with a mag
I do not remember, sorry. I would hate to post it and be wrong???

Wonderboy
06-14-2005, 09:53 PM
I do not remember, sorry. I would hate to post it and be wrong???
Hey Throttle..it looks like you have those flush nav lights on the top of your bow. Do you like them? The sales guy at Cobra told me they weren't Coast Guard approved. Just curious.

hotlavey
06-15-2005, 06:50 AM
Actually the quote was over 120K without a bimini and a cover. It does have the Teague Platinum Drive tho. He did talk to Cobra, that's where the $ came from. I think base is around 85-88K but not sure that includes the trailer. The 120K does include a tripple axle Extreme.

Tequila-John
06-15-2005, 07:01 AM
Like Parker Dreamin said. We are truely happy with our boat. We were treated great and our questions were always answered. I think you would be better off taking a drive over to there shop and spending some time looking around and asking questions. Don't get side tracked by the neg comments people say here and judge for yourself. Killer boats and they all look good.

INSman
06-15-2005, 07:25 AM
Get it priced with a 525, and you can always add a whipple later when the motor is broke in. The Ilmor 625 w/ Teague drive is pretty pricey.

Parker Dreamin
06-15-2005, 08:07 AM
You are so cool, sorry it does not match your standards bud !!! Not that cool to bash somebody elses boat.

Tequila-John
06-15-2005, 08:11 AM
You are so cool, sorry it does not match your standards bud !!! Not that cool to bash somebody elses boat.
Looks like the same colors as his no?

laveydayz
06-15-2005, 08:11 AM
Well if price is a big factor then he is going huge for his first boat..That motor and drive is a big$$$$ upgrade...Insman is right go 525 and whipple it later if need be. You will be just as happy and save some$$$$.

Parker Dreamin
06-15-2005, 08:15 AM
Looks like the same colors as his no?
Maybe he is saying it as a joke because of that.

Tequila-John
06-15-2005, 08:19 AM
I doubt it.

Parker Dreamin
06-15-2005, 08:21 AM
I doubt it.
I love all boats, no reason to hate.

Tequila-John
06-15-2005, 08:24 AM
almost the same colors. You might be right PD he must be joking
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/135havasu_DCB_regatta_weekend_001.jpg

Parker Dreamin
06-15-2005, 08:25 AM
almost the same colors. You might be right PD he must be joking
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/135havasu_DCB_regatta_weekend_001.jpg
FOR SURE HE IS......

Tequila-John
06-15-2005, 08:27 AM
Cool bud. I didn't think peepz would come on here to put other boat owners boats down

UltraStealth
06-15-2005, 09:18 AM
My buddy has a Cobra and loves it. He said the customer service is outstanding.

Kilrtoy
06-15-2005, 09:59 AM
First off i said nothing about the colors, gel it all white and i will still think, IT IS AN UGLY ASS BOAT......
And yes I have heard people talk shit about my boat and I really dont care...
Sorry if you dont like my thoughts on the boat....

Kilrtoy
06-15-2005, 10:05 AM
It is there new modified V-cat or what ever they call it, I dont like it...
Why dont you share what you two dont like, but then again you must like everything

Parker Dreamin
06-15-2005, 10:37 AM
First off i said nothing about the colors, gel it all white and i will still think, IT IS AN UGLY ASS BOAT......
And yes I have heard people talk shit about my boat and I really dont care...
Sorry if you dont like my thoughts on the boat....
You may say you have heard people talk shit about your boat and you dont really care.... but that is BS. You know you dont like it ! My whole point is..yes you have a right to your opinion but when you are talking smack on some other boat, it is just better off to keep it to yourself. Somebody has paid there hard earned money for it and loves it and it does nothing for you to talk bad about it.
I think you have a bithen boat bro, and if I did not I would not tell you "it is an ugly ass boat" just no reason for it.
As long as the owner loves it, then that is what counts. That is why we all are into boating, right ?

dicudmore
06-15-2005, 10:56 AM
You may say you have heard people talk shit about your boat and you dont really care.... but that is BS. You know you dont like it ! My whole point is..yes you have a right to your opinion but when you are talking smack on some other boat, it is just better off to keep it to yourself. Somebody has paid there hard earned money for it and loves it and it does nothing for you to talk bad about it.
I think you have a bithen boat bro, and if I did not I would not tell you "it is an ugly ass boat" just no reason for it.
As long as the owner loves it, then that is what counts. That is why we all are into boating, right ?
yes PD its all about a good time :D

Parker Dreamin
06-15-2005, 11:25 AM
yes PD its all about a good time :D
aint that the truth !!!!!!

Kilrtoy
06-15-2005, 11:48 AM
Well now that you told me I cant have an opinion, you better start a list because there is a whole lot of people on here that also dis-like boats and have no problemsaying it. And as far as my boat yes I heard people talking shit about it and I found it rather amusing, that is why I never said anything to them, because im happy and could care less. There is more important things to worry about, then some board member disliking my boat, Like when am I gonna eat again or better yet, when is pay day

Throttle
06-15-2005, 12:13 PM
Hey Throttle..it looks like you have those flush nav lights on the top of your bow. Do you like them? The sales guy at Cobra told me they weren't Coast Guard approved. Just curious.
yep, coast guard reminded me of that too, but they are okay for CA & AZ regs.

jdogginla
06-15-2005, 12:16 PM
Well now that you told me I cant have an opinion, you better start a list because there is a whole lot of people on here that also dis-like boats and have no problemsaying it. And as far as my boat yes I heard people talking shit about it and I found it rather amusing, that is why I never said anything to them, because im happy and could care less. There is more important things to worry about, then some board member disliking my boat, Like when am I gonna eat again or better yet, when is pay day
I like kilr's boat :squiggle:

havaduner
06-15-2005, 12:20 PM
yep, coast guard reminded me of that too, but they are okay for CA & AZ regs.
what does that mean?

Throttle
06-15-2005, 12:23 PM
what does that mean?
coast guard told me during an inspection that they would not want to see me at night in the ocean, but I was fine for being on the lakes???

havaduner
06-15-2005, 12:25 PM
Just curious............
Do you know why they don't overlap their hull design?
Debbolas, From what I understand, thier are basically two ways to mold the boats. One is called a "shoe box" which is what you are referring to, the deck mold fitting over the hull mold.
The second way, the way Cobra does theirs, the molds are the same size, and butted up to each other. Then the two pieces are laminated together, making them one. I am told their is less chance of delamination this way (the two pieces coming apart) and it is stronger... However, I am sure that the manufacturers that use the shoe box method have an argument for their way as well.

havaduner
06-15-2005, 12:28 PM
Kilr, I like your boat, even if you dont like mine...
I also find it amusing that people tend more to bash someones boat, rather than pick its good points.
That being said, when do we eat???

Mandelon
06-15-2005, 12:34 PM
I like kilr's boat :squiggle:
I like Kilr's wife. :wink:

Parker Dreamin
06-15-2005, 12:34 PM
Better yet... Where is the PORN ?

havaduner
06-15-2005, 12:36 PM
Warlock uses the shoebox method and then laminates it from the inside too. I'm not sure if they do this with all their boats, but I definately noticed it on a few being rigged.
Your right SWB, I sorta made it sound like the shoe box method wasnt laminated together, need to proof read my posts better. I have been told the shoe box method is more difficult to get laminated without "issues". Thanks for the correction ;)

Wonderboy
06-15-2005, 02:08 PM
I like Kilr's wife. :wink:
Yes!!!

Debbolas
06-15-2005, 02:23 PM
Debbolas, From what I understand, thier are basically two ways to mold the boats. One is called a "shoe box" which is what you are referring to, the deck mold fitting over the hull mold.
The second way, the way Cobra does theirs, the molds are the same size, and butted up to each other. Then the two pieces are laminated together, making them one. I am told their is less chance of delamination this way (the two pieces coming apart) and it is stronger... However, I am sure that the manufacturers that use the shoe box method have an argument for their way as well.
Yes, Essex and Kachina use the method (don't know the name) where the top and bottom of the boat overlap, and screw together.
I was told the other method, is where the top sits on the bottom.
It just seems safer to me to have the bottom and top overlap and screwed together than just sitting on top of each other.........Now, I've never seen a boat come apart at that point. Have you? where the top and the bottom seperate?
Everyone has their favorite boat, and I wouldn't "trash" anyones boat, that is their "baby", tread carefully............ :rollside:

Parker Dreamin
06-15-2005, 03:12 PM
Everyone has their favorite boat, and I wouldn't "trash" anyones boat, that is their "baby", tread carefully............ :rollside:
I agree with you 100%. I dont see why others talk crap on others boats.

havaduner
06-15-2005, 03:29 PM
Yes, Essex and Kachina use the method (don't know the name) where the top and bottom of the boat overlap, and screw together.
I was told the other method, is where the top sits on the bottom.
It just seems safer to me to have the bottom and top overlap and screwed together than just sitting on top of each other.........Now, I've never seen a boat come apart at that point. Have you? where the top and the bottom seperate?
I agree, we are all very passionate, of the brand of boat we own, as we should be, as it is a major investment in money and our time. Like I said in my earlier post, the manufacturers I have talked to our the ones that put them on top of each other, and they say that is the best way to go. Remember on most boats, no matter which way it is done, the rub rail is right in that spot where the boats come together. DCB and Eliminator will now build you a boat with no rub rail at all. DCB calls it "capped" It looks bitchin, and I am sure if they thought there was any safety issue, they would not build them.

INSman
06-15-2005, 08:46 PM
I like the look of that Cobra, and according to the recent issue of ***boat, it flies at 90+ with a single 625HP motor !!

SnakeWrench
06-15-2005, 10:01 PM
I have one thing to say about Cobra quality. "Powerboat award of excellence".
Check the record, I believe it's 3 out of the last 4. And as for the boat being ugly, well, that is your opinion and I respect it, but I believe that Cobra would like to hear why you think it's ugly to see if there are changes to be made.
Ugly or not, I don't think your boat will do 90 + with 625 HP, will it? Fast outways ugly sometimes.

dicudmore
06-16-2005, 06:38 AM
Check the record, I believe it's 3 out of the last 4. And as for the boat being ugly, well, that is your opinion and I respect it, but I believe that Cobra would like to hear why you think it's ugly to see if there are changes to be made.
Ugly or not, I don't think your boat will do 90 + with 625 HP, will it? Fast outways ugly sometimes.
If you are referring to the guy that called it ugly...
Yes, Kilrs boat will do 90+ with less than 625HP and leave change :D

Throttle
06-16-2005, 06:57 AM
dont worry klr... i love your boat!

RUCAV
06-16-2005, 08:55 AM
My .02 cents. Go talk to John West at Ultra. I dont think any boat builder will give you more for your money than Ultra. I have been extremely happy with my boat. If they made a 27 or 28 ft deck, Id be all over a new Ultra. :messedup:

OGShocker
06-16-2005, 09:00 AM
Since everyone is slutin' their favorites, Tell your buddy to cross the street and see Dana. The new 30' is in the works! Twin 496Mags for around 120k with ALL the bells and whistles. Get in line now they already have 4 pre-orders.
My .02 :hammer2:

Cole91
06-16-2005, 09:50 AM
Yea well' I bet my boat is uglier then your boat. My boats colors are so early ninties I call her the mullet (Pink, Grey, Aqua WTF). But when I'm laying low at the sand bar, drinking a cold beer I have the baddest Mo,Fo on the lake! So please people lighten the #*@+ up!

Kilrtoy
06-16-2005, 03:29 PM
I agree with you 100%. I dont see why others talk crap on others boats.
Back to the topic, I think its ugly, That is not talking crap....
I think the hallet has the ugliest deckboat on the market, that is not talking crap.
If I said bayliner is ugly nobody would get mad....

Kilrtoy
06-16-2005, 03:32 PM
Im glad you asked my boat only has 600 HP and runs right at 100MPH..
Now if I set it up a little more extreme(that means raising the motors and bigger props) it would run up to 110MPH. But we are not hear to discuss my boat.....
Next question.
Ok, it has a cat boat with a v-boat top> now other boats have this, but they are smaller. This boat is very large and I dont like it.....

Tequila-John
06-16-2005, 03:36 PM

Tequila-John
06-16-2005, 03:37 PM
Dumb ass Parker Dreamin you know all COPS are right!

Parker Dreamin
06-16-2005, 03:37 PM
Back to the topic, I think its ugly, That is not talking crap....
I think the hallet has the ugliest deckboat on the market, that is not talking crap.
Okay, not talking crap.. you got it bud. You are right !!!!!

VEGASBABY
06-16-2005, 03:42 PM
Well as everyone can see we are all not going to agree with who likes what boat! So you buy what you like and to hell with everyone elses thoughts! I know guys with Bayliners that have just as much fun on the water as we all do. From the looks of the posts there are people who are very satisfied with Cobra boats so go with that! I have not read anyones post who said there was a problem with the manufacture, just that it wasnt there type of boat, and thats OK!

Excessive Force
06-16-2005, 03:52 PM
Now you gotta talk shit bout my boat!!!!>?>>>!DAM you kilr!!!!

Kilrtoy
06-16-2005, 03:52 PM
Dumb ass Parker Dreamin you know all COPS are right!
You are damn right, in my eyes on this boat that is my FEELINGS.....
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Tequila-John
06-16-2005, 03:55 PM
You are damn right, in my eyes on this boat that is my FEELINGS.....
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I respect that bro. Will I see you at OP6?

Kilrtoy
06-16-2005, 03:58 PM
I respect that bro. Will I see you at OP6?
Now PD and you have a really nice looking boat.......
Just dont get that 29

Parker Dreamin
06-16-2005, 04:16 PM
Just dont get that 29
:D Thanks bud.

SnakeWrench
06-16-2005, 06:00 PM
ok, Kilr got me there. Outboards are cool. I am not being defensive about anything. I'm looking for input on what people like and don't like. I'm not butt sore. Trust me, I have been in this business a very long time and I do not get defensive about anything.
I just like to know what people think and what they would like to see different.

Kilrtoy
06-16-2005, 06:06 PM
ok, Kilr got me there. Outboards are cool. I am not being defensive about anything. I'm looking for input on what people like and don't like. I'm not butt sore. Trust me, I have been in this business a very long time and I do not get defensive about anything.
I just like to know what people think and what they would like to see different.
I like that....
You come up with some bitchen gel schemes and colors, Keep it up.
And as with any builder, dont be satisified with the current rigging, always take rigging to the next level, then do it again and grow with it each year..
http://www.cobraperformanceboats.com/thumbnails/large_images/COB04_BS_036.jpg

SnakeWrench
06-16-2005, 07:06 PM
The name says it all Kilr, SnakeWrench. Cobra is never satisfied and I really think that is why it has grown like it has. The boss is constantly evolving these things and the input from people is what gave CPB the awards and sales it has had over the last 5 years. I've worked for other builders, some that used to be the top, but when they let their ego's get in the way, they suffered. That's why I don't get butt sore as it was put earlier, I listen to what people think. Throttle knows how it works, and has his second Cobra to prove it.
P.S. (Throttle is what you would call anal, so if he's happy, we are all happy)

Kilrtoy
06-16-2005, 07:09 PM
The name says it all Kilr, SnakeWrench. Cobra is never satisfied and I really think that is why it has grown like it has. The boss is constantly evolving these things and the input from people is what gave CPB the awards and sales it has had over the last 5 years. I've worked for other builders, some that used to be the top, but when they let their ego's get in the way, they suffered. That's why I don't get butt sore as it was put earlier, I listen to what people think. Throttle knows how it works, and has his second Cobra to prove it.
Thats the type of attitude that will take you to the top, hopefully the sales staff will adjust and learn personal phones while at the boat show arent as important as potential customers, who are lost by lack of personal attention....

Debbolas
06-16-2005, 07:25 PM
Did I mention Kachina?
Check out their customers web page :wink:
http://www.kachinaboats.com/customers/customers.html

wantacat
06-16-2005, 08:23 PM
Just dont get that 29
I agree! I really liked the 26 and 27 cobra and was even considering buying one. I even PM'd parker dreamin to tell me more about the boat and never got a reply (or may have been tequillajohn)anyway. That 29 is ugly, I never been a fan of canopied v bottoms. looks stupid, in my opinion.

Throttle
06-17-2005, 07:30 AM
Throttle knows how it works, and has his second Cobra to prove it.
Hey snakewrench... you got me... its true... but capitalize Anal!

hotlavey
06-17-2005, 07:48 AM
Thanks again everyone for the comments. I didn't mean for this to get some of you into arguments about likes and dislikes.
Killr- that's an awesome ride you have, thanks for the honest opinion.
I haven't seen the Cobra in person so I really don't have an opinion yet. Photo's can be deceiving. My buddy doesn't like the lack of a door to the front area so he is looking at some other mfg's. And the beat goes on----------

Throttle
06-17-2005, 07:55 AM
Thanks again everyone for the comments. I didn't mean for this to get some of you into arguments about likes and dislikes.
Killr- that's an awesome ride you have, thanks for the honest opinion.
I haven't seen the Cobra in person so I really don't have an opinion yet. Photo's can be deceiving. My buddy doesn't like the lack of a door to the front area so he is looking at some other mfg's. And the beat goes on----------
nothing to argue about here bro... some folks just got a bit side tracked... All of us love to enjoy our boats... hope you found what you and your friend needed. good luck, feel free to PM me for any additional info!

jbtrailerjim
06-17-2005, 09:13 AM
I came close to buying a Cobra when I was shopping. I was ready to go down and give them a deposit on a 230 Razor. The only reason's I didn't was John West at Ultra gave me a better deal on my 247 and I read about a few bad experiences on here regarding Cobra. I think they build some damn nice boats and I'm sure they have there customer service issues (if there ever was any) straightened out. They seem to come out with something new every year and I think that is real important to stay competitive in the west coast custom seen. I'm seeing a lot of there boats out on the lake and I'm impressed with eveyone I have seen. I saw the new 29 Viper last month when Jeff had it out on Havasu. Jeff stays a few spaces down from me when he is in Havasu at the Beachcomber Resort. Let me tell you the pictures don't do that boat justice. It is one bad ass looking boat (IMO). Even better in person. I also think there new deck boat is by far the best looking deck boat on the market right now.

hotlavey
06-17-2005, 09:15 AM
I have what I want, now it's his turn. Good info here for him to digest. (He also has to clear it with his wife- whole nother issue there)

Krumbsnatcher
06-17-2005, 09:51 AM
only in ca are they illegal az is fine. THats why Eliminator mounts theirs up near the cockpit on sides.

Parker Dreamin
06-17-2005, 11:13 AM
I agree! I really liked the 26 and 27 cobra and was even considering buying one. I even PM'd parker dreamin to tell me more about the boat and never got a reply (or may have been tequillajohn)anyway. That 29 is ugly, I never been a fan of canopied v bottoms. looks stupid, in my opinion.
I never got a PM from you bro.

Throttle
06-17-2005, 11:27 AM
Hey wantacat, what do you need to know about the 26 or 27? Check out CobraPerformanceBoats.com if you need more info from an "Anal" customer go ahead and PM me too, but just give Cobra a call for yourself.

wantacat
06-17-2005, 05:45 PM
Hey wantacat, what do you need to know about the 26 or 27? Check out CobraPerformanceBoats.com if you need more info from an "Anal" customer go ahead and PM me too, but just give Cobra a call for yourself.
Thanks but I already made a purchase. By the way I remember you from the LA Boat Show, my buddy was talking to you about the boat. You were giving out some good info. I remember you saying you had just purchased the boat and your old boat's name was overtime....Thanks for the help!

Throttle
06-17-2005, 06:20 PM
Thanks but I already made a purchase. By the way I remember you from the LA Boat Show, my buddy was talking to you about the boat. You were giving out some good info. I remember you saying your old boat's name was overtime....Thanks for the help!
:)
ENJOY!
:)

SnakeWrench
06-20-2005, 10:47 AM
Hey Throttle, how come your boat is called "More Overtime" when you don't have a job? Just wondering.

firebadge
01-19-2006, 02:18 PM
I remember sitting in my new $50K boat a few years ago. Wiping it down in the channel and making sure feet were dry before anyone could get in and definitely not from the rear swimsteps. I saw a bucket pass by that i could not be paid to ride in let alone drive. I also remember the fine women in that boat..........Guess whose boat i wanted to be in at that moment? It's about buying the boat you like and having fun times. Everyone who thinks they have the best looking boat........then why do we keep getting new ones?

dicudmore
01-19-2006, 03:33 PM
I remember sitting in my new $50K boat a few years ago. Wiping it down in the channel and making sure feet were dry before anyone could get in and definitely not from the rear swimsteps. I saw a bucket pass by that i could not be paid to ride in let alone drive. I also remember the fine women in that boat..........Guess whose boat i wanted to be in at that moment? It's about buying the boat you like and having fun times. Everyone who thinks they have the best looking boat........then why do we keep getting new ones?
out with the old...in with the new :cool:

Mrs. casean
01-19-2006, 04:00 PM
I'm ready to take one off someone's hands if it fits the price :D You're so right though... it's about buying the boat you like and will give you the most fun w/ and memories :D

dicudmore
01-19-2006, 04:34 PM
I'm ready to take one off someone's hands if it fits the price :D You're so right though... it's about buying the boat you like and will give you the most fun w/ and memories :D
its still available Linds :wink:
http://www.ultraboats.com/instock_images/154.jpg

Mrs. casean
01-19-2006, 04:41 PM
its still available Linds :wink:
http://www.ultraboats.com/instock_images/154.jpg
I knew you were going to say that :D I love it but a tad over our price range :cry: Boat show's coming... it will be gone soon I bet!

dicudmore
01-19-2006, 04:45 PM
I knew you were going to say that :D I love it but a tad over our price range :cry: Boat show's coming... it will be gone soon I bet!
I wish I could afford to buy it back...miss it :(
Good luck shopping :cool:

Mrs. casean
01-19-2006, 04:48 PM
I wish I could afford to buy it back...miss it :(
Good luck shopping :cool:
Thanks! Good luck to you too! We could go in on it together :D

dicudmore
01-19-2006, 04:52 PM
Thanks! Good luck to you too! We could go in on it together :D
cool, catalina here we go :D