PDA

View Full Version : Public Appoligy to "Bad Attitude Boats"

MudPumper
06-14-2005, 08:54 PM
I said some shit on here a while back about Bad Attitude boats in Parker because of a transaction that went down with a guy that works there. I did not deal with "Ron" the owner, I dealt with somebody who I don't know the name of. Most here on the boards have nice things to say about Ron and his service and most here on the boards seem to know what they are talking about. Before bashing the company I should have tried to square things up with Ron and I did not. So Ron, I'm sorry. I'm done with this tread now so lets leave it at that.

Parker Dreamin
06-14-2005, 08:58 PM
Way to man up bro........ Good call.

Waldo
06-14-2005, 09:10 PM
I said some shit on here a while back about Bad Attitude boats in Parker because of a transaction that went down with a guy that works there. I did not deal with "Ron" the owner, I dealt with somebody who I don't know the name of. Most here on the boards have nice things to say about Ron and his service and most here on the boards seem to know what they are talking about. Before bashing the company I should have tried to square things up with Ron and I did not. So Ron, I'm sorry. I'm done with this tread now so lets leave it at that.
That's pretty "stand up" of you to do that.

mbrown2
06-14-2005, 09:36 PM
MP....maybe you and Ron can have a beer at the Blue Bar to put this to rest...:)

MudPumper
06-14-2005, 09:38 PM
MP....maybe you and Ron can have a beer at the Blue Bar to put this to rest...:)
As long as I don't have to wear a Pink chicks shirt I'm good Mike. :2purples:

Hustler
06-14-2005, 09:40 PM
Dude they still over charge people who are in need :mad:

Tom Brown
06-14-2005, 09:42 PM
I don't bother apologizing to people anymore. Who has that kind of bandwidth?
Class move, MP. :cool:

mbrown2
06-14-2005, 09:58 PM
As long as I don't have to wear a Pink chicks shirt I'm good Mike. :2purples:
Dude, good thing I forgot my camera that night... :crossx: ...shoot me you email, and I will send the link to the Memorial Day pix share...

HOSS
06-15-2005, 05:51 AM
I won`t comment on this.

Havasu Luvr
06-15-2005, 06:01 AM
MP, you should have never been in that position in the first place. It give that person a second chance to F*ck up again. I believe to impress a first time customer is to do the job RIGHT the first time. Good luck.

HOSS
06-15-2005, 12:49 PM
It all costs,,,the internet f`ed it up for all the retailers. Like myself. Note to self: Charge more! :coffeycup

MudPumper
06-15-2005, 02:13 PM
while trying not to beat this thing like a dead horse, everyone seems to have added their two cents in on this thread (and the other bad attitude one). it seems the air-ways have cleared a bit on said subject, how-ever ; we all seemed to be real naive on how much "mark-up" there really is on just about every product out there, including the food you eat, property we live on and most of all "gasoline". really, how much does it really cost to make a $7.50 ceaser salad, a $6.00 burger, and why in the hell does gas keep going up, then down, then up ..... it's been the same liquid for hundreds of years. and not to mention vehicles, you don't think there are new machines out there that are producing vehicle's more efficiently and quicker than years ago ? but "news flash", those machine cost money ! my point is, ron did not make that part, nor did it fly out of the sky and land on his parts shelf, he had to put up $$$ to keep it in stock and it had to be sent to him via, mail, ups or fed-ex. which all cost "money". the mud-pumper has waived his white flag on this subject, which is the manly thing to do, ecspecially since this wasn't even his boat, but it seems the hustler is still a lil bitter, hopefully this clears it up for him !! :cry: - keyes
Keyes, you got me thinking. Now I understand "Mark Up" and all the theory behind it, but maybe you can explain this. Why is it I just dug out a receipt from less than 1yr ago from Teague Custom Marine where I purchased
Part #GDR 816-08D which is -8 x 3/8 Straight Adapter, the same part I purchased from Bad Attitude but Teague only charges $4.00 for the part. Lets see now, with tax here in Ca, that comes to $4.33. So, are you telling me that Teague does not have any "Mark Up" on the parts they sell???? Does the part not have to be shipped to Teague???? Does Bob Teague not have to pay $$$$ to keep the part in stock???? If your boat had as many holes in it as your reasoning above, it wouldn't be a boat. I said my appoligy to "Ron" because I should not have bashed his company on a public forum without first taking up the issue with him. I was wrong in my actions and I'll give you that. But still nobody has been able to explain how somebody gets off, charging $15 for a $4 part. The mark up is already built into the $4 dollar charge. Where does the other $11 dollars come from????? I'll be anxiously waiting for the answer to this. :eek: :wink:

superdave013
06-16-2005, 08:26 AM
anyone have some contact info for this place?
Sounds like he just needs a better source for his fittngs.
My everyday price for that is $2.87. :D And yes, there is plenty of markup in there for me. :D
But I will say that the slow moving parts have more mark up then others. Gotta pay for the shelf time to make it worth stocking them. For me those just fly off the shelf. This guy might only move a handfull a year. But he might as well buy that handfull from ol' SD013 if ya know what I'm sayin.

Jordy
06-16-2005, 08:31 AM
Where does the other $11 dollars come from?????
It sounds like it came right out of your wallet. :D
I'd call it shop supplies and EPA surcharges. ;)

Jordy
06-16-2005, 08:33 AM
How much is a case of Keystone Light these days? :D
Shop supplies??? :idea: :D

mbrown2
06-16-2005, 08:39 AM
Funny....the $11 is not the question...its the principal of price gouging and no has ever explained why they gouged him regardless of who's boat it is....I am sure Teague has much or more mark up then Bad Attitude....someone should have let this die after the apology...

Jordy
06-16-2005, 08:43 AM
Funny....the $11 is not the question...
Sure it is:
Where does the other $11 dollars come from?????
:D :D :D

Hustler
06-16-2005, 08:48 AM
The bottom line is, I dont give a rats ass about the 30 bucks it was minimal compaired to the new holley blue I had to buy. I understand mark up, I deal with it every day but over 200 percent is a little outta hand and if you want return customers it's the little things that will bring them back.

superdave013
06-16-2005, 09:20 AM
keyes, that fat kid running his self over cracks me up!

Hustler
06-16-2005, 09:23 AM
keyes, that fat kid running his self over cracks me up!
Thats a fat chick Dave :rolleyes: :D

Waldo
06-16-2005, 09:28 AM
I was just thinking about this topic (doing some reading on the toilet - new Sandsports mag) and came across a mail order place that sold AN fittings. Cheapest one was $9 for straight and the most expensive was $34 for a 180. All others were in between. From my experience, mail order places are cheapher than your neighborhood parts place.
Keyes, I too, dig the little endo vid!!! Classic everytime.

superdave013
06-16-2005, 09:33 AM
Thats a fat chick Dave :rolleyes: :D
Oh, my bad, I thought it was just a mullet and some man boobs

superdave013
06-16-2005, 09:58 AM
if you look real close, it's actually that "rd" dude, with a wig on !! ;) :rolleyes: - keyes
Well the man boobs look like they could be his but...... RD would have run his self over before the jump! ahahaha

mbrown2
06-16-2005, 10:06 AM
[QUOTE=mbrown2]....someone should have let this die after the apology
if we did that, what the hell else is there to discuss, "what song are you listening to right now?", or "who has the most posts?", come on, enjoy yourself :smile: !!!!!!!!!!! - keyes
That's true...if we did not have $4 parts to bitch about we might be out strok'n off dogs.. :idea: ;)

Jordy
06-16-2005, 10:08 AM
if you look real close, it's actually that "rd" dude, with a wig on !! ;) :rolleyes: - keyes
I gotta call bullshit on that one Keyes. Everyone knows RD rides in shorts, flip flops and a backwards ball cap. ;)
Nice try though. :D :D :D

Hustler
06-16-2005, 10:09 AM
That's true...if we did not have $4 parts to bitch about we might be out strok'n off dogs.. :idea: ;)
I'll find ALOT of things to bitch about before that ever happens :eek:

BAD ATTITUDE BOATS
06-16-2005, 06:01 PM
hey mr mud pumper bad attitude here boy there is alot of shit talking on this fuking thing .but the fact is i was water testing a boat and on the water when my phone rang and i just threw that price out from the blue just to cover my ass not really noing what the exsact part was as my phone is braking up at 70mph and i was not going to stop just to talk about fittings or price.if someone had come in for somthing like a fuel pump when my guy called i whould have told them to come back so i could make sher we sell the right pump for that aplcation at the right price but i didnt think fittings were going to be this big of deal and your right that fitting dont cost 15. per fitting.as one of the guys said erlyer shelf life i have about 10.000 in fittings and i have sold about 3 times to walk in cust. fittings are for me and my jobs to make it nice for my shop.thank you for the apoligy that was nice of you to do and if you stop by next time going to the river i will be happy to shoot the shit with you and go on to muth better topics like fuking fast boats that we all no and love. RON 9286698870

MudPumper
06-16-2005, 11:02 PM
hey mr mud pumper bad attitude here boy there is alot of shit talking on this fuking thing .but the fact is i was water testing a boat and on the water when my phone rang and i just threw that price out from the blue just to cover my ass not really noing what the exsact part was as my phone is braking up at 70mph and i was not going to stop just to talk about fittings or price.if someone had come in for somthing like a fuel pump when my guy called i whould have told them to come back so i could make sher we sell the right pump for that aplcation at the right price but i didnt think fittings were going to be this big of deal and your right that fitting dont cost 15. per fitting.as one of the guys said erlyer shelf life i have about 10.000 in fittings and i have sold about 3 times to walk in cust. fittings are for me and my jobs to make it nice for my shop.thank you for the apoligy that was nice of you to do and if you stop by next time going to the river i will be happy to shoot the shit with you and go on to muth better topics like fuking fast boats that we all no and love. RON 9286698870
Ron, Thanks for the reply and no hard feelings on my part. As long as we can all live and learn to make ourselves better people it's all good. All I really wanted was some confirmation on how much those fittings cost and shit got way out of hand. See you on the water. :cool: