PDA

View Full Version : Deadliest Catch

Kilrtoy
06-14-2005, 09:02 PM
Just ended. Damn that is some crazy shit
The #1 boat 27K per DECK HAND in 5 days... Damn....
I could never do that...
Dont bitch about the price of crab, THEY EARNED IT

spectratoad
06-14-2005, 09:03 PM
That is what my wife says when we watch it. I still wouldn't watn to do that job even if I was younger. :cool:

THATJEFFGUY
06-14-2005, 09:05 PM
Damn...you mean I could gotten paid to catch crabs ?? :D But it only took me one night !

Badger301
06-14-2005, 09:06 PM
Damn...you mean I could gotten paid to catch crabs ?? :D But it only took me one night !
Now thats funny

Dr. Eagle
06-14-2005, 09:12 PM
Just ended. Damn that is some crazy shit
The #1 boat 27K per DECK HAND in 5 days... Damn....
I could never do that...
Dont bitch about the price of crab, THEY EARNED IT
That show was addicting... :eek:

ROZ
06-14-2005, 09:13 PM
Now thats funny
It sure ain't syphilis! :220v: :D

doesitfloat?
06-14-2005, 10:41 PM
What about those poor bastards that abandoned ship thinking it was going to flip over. All but 2 die...and the boat didn't flip.

Wonderboy
06-14-2005, 10:47 PM
What about those poor bastards that abandoned ship thinking it was going to flip over. All but 2 die...and the boat didn't flip.
Thanks di*k!! I have it Tivo'd and haven't watched it yet. :mad:

purrfecttremor
06-15-2005, 03:11 AM
they jumped into 34 degree water to do that! oh that sucked!

JetBoatRich
06-15-2005, 04:08 AM
That sucks :mad: very dangerous line of work :mad:

Flyinbowtie
06-15-2005, 05:27 AM
I'll never bitch about the price of Alaskan Crab again after watching that series.
Them boys deserved every $ they earned on those boats.

HOSS
06-15-2005, 05:30 AM
Yeah, thats some pretty hairy sheet. They made the bread now they just gotta make it last till next season. Had the opportunity to do it and it just ain`t for me. Got a friend who is a commercial fisherman up their. He`s gone 4 mos at a time. He makes good bread,,,but in my book it just ain`t worth it.

THOR
06-15-2005, 06:22 AM
What boat won?

INSman
06-15-2005, 06:29 AM
The Northwestern kicked some serious tail and even brought a makeshift "deckload" back with them just to top things off !!

doesitfloat?
06-15-2005, 06:31 AM
Thanks di*k!! I have it Tivo'd and haven't watched it yet. :mad:
Let's see...you haven't watched the show yet and you open up a thread titled, "Deadliest catch". What did you think we we're going to talk about? Aids? O.J Simpson? Scott Peterson? :hammerhea

doesitfloat?
06-15-2005, 06:33 AM
The Northwestern kicked some serious tail and even brought a makeshift "deckload" back with them just to top things off !!
Those guys were stuffing crab anywhere/everywhere! Did you see that dude stepping on the top of the crab tank trying to smash em down?
All about the $$$$$!

LAFD
06-15-2005, 07:18 AM
That Show Was Addicting. 6 People Died This Time Around. Crazy Stuff. All About The Money.

GHTRIM
06-15-2005, 08:13 AM
Let's see...you haven't watched the show yet and you open up a thread titled, "Deadliest catch". What did you think we we're going to talk about? Aids? O.J Simpson? Scott Peterson? :hammerhea
Ya got a very valid point ... :hammer2: :D

Lightning
06-15-2005, 08:46 AM
Those Alaskan waters are pretty gnarley. My father is not a fisherman - he's a merchant marine / longshoremen and has been for over 30 years, he has been to over 70 countries by way of container ship, oil tanker, etc.... He told me a story once of being stuck in a storm up in Alaska. They were on a cargo ship over 200 yards long that held 20+ containers at it's widest point. They were taking swells that were over 60 feet tall from port to starboard - it was actually washing containers off the side of the ship into the ocean. He siad everyone on the ship was in the wheel house, hoping that they would make it through the storm. Needless to say, my respect level for anyone in that industry is pretty high.

riverracerx
06-15-2005, 10:33 AM
I remember back when I was fishing in October 1991. It was "the perfect storm" — a tempest that may happen only once in a century — a nor'easter created by so rare a combination of factors that it could not possibly have been worse. Creating waves ten stories high and winds of 120 miles an hour (193 kph), the storm whipped the sea to inconceivable levels few people on Earth have ever witnessed. Few, except our six-man crew of the Andrea Gail, a commercial fishing boat headed towards its hellish center.....
Oh wait, that wasn't me, it was a movie

Lightning
06-15-2005, 11:49 AM
I remember back when I was fishing in October 1991. It was "the perfect storm" — a tempest that may happen only once in a century — a nor'easter created by so rare a combination of factors that it could not possibly have been worse. Creating waves ten stories high and winds of 120 miles an hour (193 kph), the storm whipped the sea to inconceivable levels few people on Earth have ever witnessed. Few, except our six-man crew of the Andrea Gail, a commercial fishing boat headed towards its hellish center.....
Oh wait, that wasn't me, it was a movie
Now that's funny

Johnwithjm
06-15-2005, 12:25 PM
That show is great. I new a guy who did that job and he said it was very hard and he lost a few friends to the sea.

NOTALENT
06-15-2005, 12:29 PM
damn..wtf?? what show was this??? I never heard of it.. sounds pretty entertaining but yet sad if people are dying..

LAFD
06-15-2005, 12:37 PM
They Took About 6 Or 7 Crabbing Boats And Did A Show On There Progress And Everyday Life. Cool To See All The Work They Had To Do And I Found Myself Holdin My Breath Everytime They Brought Up A Pot.

NOTALENT
06-15-2005, 12:37 PM
Scartch that I see the show it the title... :hammerhea :D

River918
06-15-2005, 12:51 PM
GREAT SHOW......I was hooked on the series from the begining. To bad they probably won't have another series like that because of the rule change from the "Derby Style" fishing to the quota system fish and game is implementing next year....