PDA

View Full Version : 93.1 aroow im mean jack fm

meaniam
06-14-2005, 09:36 PM
my opionion is that the new jack fm sucks, can i get an aman.i miss the old arrow. it has gone the same way pirate radio (was about 10 then) went and will never return. to bad i will miss the lady with that tight shirt doing those commericals. people of jack should now we already have those crappy stations ythat play a mix kbig kost. whatever dont listen to them. how do you mix rap and classic rock. we play whatever we want to. great punch line :cry:
tell us your thoughts on the new jack
now all we have is klos and kcal for classic well really klos
mike

Wonderboy
06-14-2005, 09:39 PM
Good thing I have XM now. I can't remember the last time I listened to regular radio. Jack FM was at the Pomona boat show. Looked like a couple of clowns trying to set up their equipment. It was pretty funny.

sea2lake
06-14-2005, 09:39 PM
K N A C :hammerhea ROCK...ED :skull: :crossx: :skull: :crossx:

HOOTER SLED-
06-14-2005, 09:43 PM
It's OK. Just a little too broad though. F U C K yea, bring KNAC back dammit!!!! Can't believe it's been so damn long in probably one of the number one markets w/out a TRUE rock station. Don't even know when new music is coming out for some of those bands.

RiverRacer
06-14-2005, 09:52 PM
I was kinda shocked to turn on my radio one Monday morning and hear it on the air. I thought it was a fill in for Arrow or something. I am used to it now. Some of the REALLY crappy songs I just can't hang with, but generally my taste runs the gamut. When I can't stand it, I turn to KATY 103.3 in Temecula. If theres an oinker on that also, I turn it down for a minute. I never listen to KLOS. They killed KMET and then tried to turn rabbit(with strange metal and new wave tunes) long ago. That failed, so they went for the 2 fags in the morning. That was the last straw!!!!!!!!!

Wonderboy
06-14-2005, 09:55 PM
I was kinda shocked to turn on my radio one Monday morning and hear it on the air. I thought it was a fill in for Arrow or something. I am used to it now. Some of the REALLY crappy songs I just can't hang with, but generally my taste runs the gamut. When I can't stand it, I turn to KATY 103.3 in Temecula. If theres an oinker on that also, I turn it down for a minute. I never listen to KLOS. They killed KMET and then tried to turn rabbit(with strange metal and new wave tunes) long ago. That failed, so they went for the 2 fags in the morning. That was the last straw!!!!!!!!!
Now that was funny. Remember when the "2 fags" tried to have their own tv show for a while? What a couple of idiots. At least Kevin and Bean recognize the fact that they are dorky idiots.

Krazy K
06-14-2005, 10:30 PM
There's a station up here called KNRK (New Rock Alternative). They play anything from Alt Metal to Punk to Goth (Siouxsie-type) to running a techno Dance DJ at 5pm for an hour. KUFO plays mostly Nu Metal (Mudvayne, Queens of..., Godsmack, etc. and then we have the perennial Classic Rock station. Can't remember the call letters.
Man, remember KMET and Dr. Demento? I just downloaded Kinko The Clown and Nature Trail To Hell!
KLOS a Classic Rock station?? When I left, they weren't!
Kevin and Bean are the shit! But we can only choose between Stern and M&B up here. I choose M&B.
Hey, what about Rick Dees??? :cool:

Wonderboy
06-14-2005, 10:34 PM
There's a station up here called KNRK (New Rock Alternative). They play anything from Alt Metal to Punk to Goth (Siouxsie-type) to running a techno Dance DJ at 5pm for an hour. KUFO plays mostly Nu Metal (Mudvayne, Queens of..., Godsmack, etc. and then we have the perennial Classic Rock station. Can't remember the call letters.
Man, remember KMET and Dr. Demento? I just downloaded Kinko The Clown and Nature Trail To Hell!
KLOS a Classic Rock station?? When I left, they weren't!
Kevin and Bean are the shit! But we can only choose between Stern and M&B up here. I choose M&B.
Hey, what about Rick Dees??? :cool:
You are gay man!! Get off our boards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Brooski
06-14-2005, 10:43 PM
K-M-E-T, IS THE PLACE TO BE.......
I still have some KMET bumper stickers. The mighty met. :p
I used to listen to Dr Demento every Sunday night. Top 10 at 9. Damn pencil necked geeks.

HM
06-14-2005, 10:51 PM
I used to listen to Dr. Dimento every Sunday night. Dead Puppies aren't much fun!
Roly Poly fishheads are never seen drinking capacino at Italian restaraunts with Oriental women.....yeah.

HM
06-14-2005, 10:52 PM
Damn pencil necked geeks.
When I'm not around, you know where I can be found....stompin some geeks head into the ground. And after a juicy steak, and you need a tooth pick...just reach for a geek...he'll do the trick.
I think I was in jr. High?

Brooski
06-14-2005, 11:16 PM
Pencil neck geeks, grit eating freaks, scum sucking pee heads with a lousy physeek, He's a one man no good losing streak....nothing but a pencil neck geek

DeltaSigBoater
06-14-2005, 11:18 PM
Radio now days sucks, I remember when Pirate Radio got axed, along with KNAC, and now Arrow. I'm pretty sure JACK FM has a station in every market in southern CA. I remember back in early 2001 Arrow went to a morning talk show, the ratings fell through the floor.
For those who live in San Diego, WTF was 103.7 fm The Planet thinking when they picked up Howard Stern? Just what we needed another morning talk show about absolute nothing. Isnt it bad enough that we have Dave Shelly & Chainsaw 2x a day 7 days a week?
End of my rant.

slingingsmoke
06-14-2005, 11:29 PM
What about "the Grease Man show"
He used to be on KLOS 95.5 from 6-10pm back in the day.
HE WAS AWESOME
JON.
OH yeah, KNAC ROCKED!

JustMVG
06-15-2005, 01:04 AM
It's OK. Just a little too broad though. F U C K yea, bring KNAC back dammit!!!! Can't believe it's been so damn long in probably one of the number one markets w/out a TRUE rock station. Don't even know when new music is coming out for some of those bands.
Try KNAC.com, alot of the old DJ's and ALL of the music and alot of whats new too.

JustMVG
06-15-2005, 01:08 AM
K-M-E-T, IS THE PLACE TO BE.......
I still have some KMET bumper stickers. The mighty met. :p
I used to listen to Dr Demento every Sunday night. Top 10 at 9. Damn pencil necked geeks.
What about the Whoooyyyyaaa, and The very popular "Fish Report with a Beat" on Friday afternoons, and of course Jim Ladd in what i remember as the good ole days, when he could just play what he wanted and anyway he wanted to too, he had some awesome Led Zepp and Pink Floyd mixes.....
You might recognize "Paraquat" Pat Kelly's voice on some of ABC's teases for Alias and Lost, Jeff Gonzers up in Ventura.... used to be in the High Desert area.....

Phat Matt
06-15-2005, 02:07 AM
RR, where do you live? Just curios because 101.3 is one of my stations.

JetBoatRich
06-15-2005, 04:15 AM
They made changes to try and fit for L.A. with a wide variety of music.
I was listening to Demento on Saturday nights on my XM, the kids loved it.

MagicMtnDan
06-15-2005, 05:03 AM
Radio stations across the country are going the way of Jack-FM - they're all trying to be like satellite radio offering a wide variety of music on their station. I personally don't think it will work and these stations are destined to die off and be replaced by some other format.
Years ago up in the SF Bay Area they had a radio station with call letters: KOME and they used to say, "does your Mommy know your radio has a cum spot on it?" etc. They had a DJ named "Dennis Erectus" but I think he spelled his first name "Denis" as in penis. Gino Mitchellini used to be on that station too - he then came down to LA - don't know where he is now. KOME was sold to a big company and rest is history.
http://stickbase1000.free.fr/images/1000/1200/1287.jpg

shueman
06-15-2005, 05:18 AM
KNAC was the absolute best .....
Still love to listen to Jim Ladd .....

Flyinbowtie
06-15-2005, 05:20 AM
When I left socal for college in in the summer of 76, there were about zero good rock stations in norcal. It made me apprieciate KMET Finally KZAP came along, and even it went bye-bye a few years back.
But nothing will ever be what the mighty MET was back in the days.
Jim Ladd, Paraquat Kelley, Mary Turner, Cynthia Fox, we miss you ...
Still have a pristine KMET hat in my stash of stuff, along with a handful of stickers...
Today XM is the only way to get decent radio.

KingCole
06-15-2005, 05:29 AM
JACK would be ok if they didn't play so much 80's crap. I have a few friends at KLOS so dial is pretty much locked on 95.5. Does anyone remember, Frasier Smith?

MagicMtnDan
06-15-2005, 05:36 AM
I think KLOS just brought back Joe Benson ("Uncle Joe") from Arrow :cool:

HOSS
06-15-2005, 05:53 AM
King Biscuit

roostwear
06-15-2005, 05:54 AM
If you're old enough you'll remember that KMET was in the mid 70s what KLOS is now. The REAL shit was KYMS! I left on a road trip to Denver in 76(?) and when I came back it turned JC on me. I'm still traumatized......

Sandbar Mike
06-15-2005, 06:27 AM
90% of the music on Jack is great. It's nice to here old tunes from the 80's. Too bad we can't get it in Havasu.

JustMVG
06-15-2005, 06:31 AM
JACK would be ok if they didn't play so much 80's crap. I have a few friends at KLOS so dial is pretty much locked on 95.5. Does anyone remember, Frasier Smith?
Shecky Get the Jet I'm Outta Here!!!!!
Yeah i remember the Fraze, you know like TOO HIP!!!

KingCole
06-15-2005, 06:46 AM
Shecky Get the Jet I'm Outta Here!!!!!
Yeah i remember the Fraze, you know like TOO HIP!!!
Classic!

JustMVG
06-15-2005, 07:22 AM
I liked the King Biscuit Flour Hour concerts.

H20 Toie
06-15-2005, 07:32 AM
At least JACK doesn't have talk radio, now it's time for XM last week when i borrowed a friends truck it was great going to the river and not ever hearing the highway stations

totenhosen
06-15-2005, 07:45 AM
You So-Cal guys need to check out this station
http://indie1031.fm/shows.html
here is one of the dj's playlist:
Exodus - Bonded By Blood
Devil Driver - Hold Back the day
Flotsam and Jetsam - No place for disgrace
Twisted Sister - Stay Hungry
Gwar - Womb with a view
Soulfly - Eye for an Eye
Napalm Death - The Code is Red..Long Live the Code
Death Angel - The Devil Incarnate
Static-x - I'm the One
Black Label Society - Death March
Betty Blowtorch - I'm ugly and I don't know why
Deicide - Sacrificial Suicide
Slayer - Criminally Insane
Ratt - Back for More
Clutch - Burning Beard
Ace Frehley - Into the Night
Deftones - My own Summer
Life of Agony - The day he died
Puya - Montate
Kings X - It's Love
Enuff Z Nuff - New Thing
Shadows Fall - Ghost of Past Failures
Winger - Seventeen
David Lee Roth - Damn Good

JustMVG
06-15-2005, 07:57 AM
At least JACK doesn't have talk radio, now it's time for XM last week when i borrowed a friends truck it was great going to the river and not ever hearing the highway stations
Thats true, but "Jack" is only playing about 300-350 total songs, after hearing the same songs twenty times in a week it gets old! Yes some will say but thats the same with most stations, true, but those songs eventually go off of the popular list and get played less frequently, Jack has not changed much in over 2 months. I believe that this is a trend and nothing more, you'll be hearing DJ's on Jack with in a year.
Also there is a "Jill" radio here in the IE, it's the old K-Lite, focused towards women, not doing very well from what i have heard.

riverbound
06-15-2005, 07:58 AM
I listen to Jak all the time. I even prefer it over XM most of the time

slingingsmoke
06-15-2005, 08:35 AM
You So-Cal guys need to check out this station
http://indie1031.fm/shows.html
They're good, but the reception is weak in my hood.

havaduner
06-15-2005, 08:43 AM
Jack has a station in San Diego, they have DJ's. and two morning guys. They still play the same broad mix of songs.

slingingsmoke
06-15-2005, 08:48 AM
Jack has a station in San Diego, they have DJ's. and two morning guys. They still play the same broad mix of songs.
Speaking of San Diego stations. 91X is awesome. You can actually get them in Monterey, CA. its wierd cuz I have a hard time getting them at home.

HOOTER SLED-
06-15-2005, 09:06 AM
Try KNAC.com, alot of the old DJ's and ALL of the music and alot of whats new too.
Yea, been there done that. Internet radio is of no interest to me. Can't listen to KNAC on the way home from work. Sure as hell don't wanna tap into my Hot Boat Forum time. :D

4day!!
06-15-2005, 10:39 AM
If you're old enough you'll remember that KMET was in the mid 70s what KLOS is now. The REAL shit was KYMS! I left on a road trip to Denver in 76(?) and when I came back it turned JC on me. I'm still traumatized......
KMET 94.7. Back in the Mighty 690 days...

shueman
06-15-2005, 11:03 AM
KMET 94.7. Back in the Mighty 690 days...
"I will have no leader but my leader, BMR"
Rest In Peace.....

moneypit
06-15-2005, 01:16 PM
KMET, KLOS (old version),Kroq (old version). all these stations rocked. I hated Pirate radio but I now wish it was still around.
I have XM in all my vehicles now. The Boneyard, Comedy station and Classic Country is what I liten to. Fred is actually not that bad either

JustMVG
06-15-2005, 01:18 PM
"I will have no leader but my leader, BMR"
Rest In Peace.....
Shue is that a B. Mitchell Reed qoute???
Awesome guy!!!

meaniam
06-15-2005, 02:08 PM
krock and y radio. y was not around very long it was like y107

JustMVG
06-15-2005, 02:14 PM
Remember KWST and the friday afternoon concerts that JJ Jackson used to play "Live at 5"
Triple J R.I.P.

Debbolas
06-15-2005, 02:16 PM
I really miss KMET, I went into the hospital to have Aly (18 years ago) and when I came out my favorite radio station was gone!!!
Dr. Demento (fish-heads) :cool:
Joe Benson and the 7th day :cool: I think KLOS picked him up from Arrow.
I really like the XM radio Scream has in his car, no commercials, my favorite channel is the comedy channel...........

Mrs. Bordsmnj
06-15-2005, 02:16 PM
I like Jack. I listen to it at work and find myself singing allday long. But I guess being a girl that grew up in the eighties, I would like it huh?

JetBoatRich
06-15-2005, 02:26 PM
90% of the music on Jack is great. It's nice to here old tunes from the 80's. Too bad we can't get it in Havasu.
80's was some of the funest time in my life :jawdrop: Fresh out of high school :supp:

roostwear
06-15-2005, 02:42 PM
The 80's ...... a musical wasteland. Course, the 60s and 70s aren't a real clear memory, but I MUST have enjoyed it!

JetBoatRich
06-15-2005, 02:44 PM
The 80's ...... a musical wasteland. Course, the 60s and 70s aren't a real clear memory, but I MUST have enjoyed it!
The sounds of a good old fashion LP :cool:

mikensue
06-15-2005, 02:45 PM
KEEP THE RAP OUTTA MY ROCK.... :sqeyes:

hugh jascock
06-15-2005, 03:18 PM
didn't jim ladd coin the phraise "LESS ROCK, MORE TALK"! or was it ".MORE TALK, LESS ROCK"!. he wouldn't have been so bad if kept his mouth shut once in awhile.
cumm ercial radio is dead! its all about iPODS and crap like that now. if you wanna listen to it you have to pay for it! no more free rides

shueman
06-15-2005, 03:44 PM
Shue is that a B. Mitchell Reed qoute???
Awesome guy!!!
The same...he's the one that got me started.....many MOONS ago... :2purples:
I think he originally was working at KPFK...now there's a pirate station for ya.... :wink:

JustMVG
07-08-2005, 12:39 PM
Found this old ad for KMET and KLAC, both were owned at the time by the same company
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/85KMET-KLAC_PROMO_PIECE.gif

Jinga
07-08-2005, 12:42 PM
Jack sucks. I am in Canada, one day a couple of months ago Jack took over.
:hammerhea