PDA

View Full Version : defective stuff from summit

meaniam
06-15-2005, 08:40 AM
those a holes need to do some kind of quality control over there. 2 items same shipment defective. like mr gasket copper gaskets need to drill hole in them for exhast bolts. i hate being the jerk having to point out flaws.
mike

Sleek-Jet
06-15-2005, 08:45 AM
Is it a Summit problem or a Mr. Gasket problem???
I've never had any problems returning stuff to Summit. No questions asked and they either swap the part out, or credit me for a future purchase (and there will always be a future purchase).

Oldsquirt
06-15-2005, 08:49 AM
Like Sleek-Jet said, this sounds like a quality control issue with Mr Gasket. Summit just sells those, they dont make them.
Curious to know what gaskets and application?

superdave013
06-15-2005, 08:57 AM
maybe you can get some Mr. Gasket gaskets from Jegs that will be right. :cool:

meaniam
06-15-2005, 09:20 AM
no problem with summit cust service. i just hate telling companys there is a flaw. i had 2 defective parts. the mr gasket copper header gasket missing 2 hole for bolts. and summit valve cover tie downs half didnt have a allen hole punched in the studs. summit did an excellent job taking care of this. they didnt even want the copper gaskets back she said she was going to feild damage them. plus when i asked for them to send the studs they said they would just send the whole tie downs, feld damage them,and send it next day air. now that is cust service. and they would give me a 25 dollar gift card for the problem. hell ya
just hate feeling like an ass for having to call. not their problem.
summit does an excellent job on customer service
mike

meaniam
06-15-2005, 09:22 AM
application for gaskets 454 chevy gen 4
part number fog-7005c

Havasu Hangin'
06-15-2005, 09:32 AM
Here's my Summit story:
I called to get tech advice on an order (needed some plumbing).
I recieved the order, but it was short on some fittings I needed. They apologized, said that it was their fault for giving me incorrect tech advice, and shipped me the additional fittings for free.
I ended up not needing most of the plumbing, so I returned most of it.
They credited me for everything, which meant that they gave me the parts I needed (free), plus about $15.
Can't beat that.

meaniam
06-15-2005, 10:20 AM
The last two things I got from Summit had damage. They always send me replacement parts and pick up the old for free. Which is the way it should be.
The damaged parts are not their issue, it's the manufacturers packaging most of the time. I am on my second Harwood damaged scoop as we speak!!!
If you hold the Summit catalog up to the mirror IT SAYS GOD!!!! :D
Sometimes their Tech Department is another thing tho :yuk:
i actually tried the mirror thing only for 2 seconds thou before feeling like a dumbass

Oldsquirt
06-15-2005, 10:39 AM
no problem with summit cust service. i just hate telling companys there is a flaw.........
summit does an excellent job on customer service
OK. I get it. Your original post sounded like you were pissed AT Summit.
BTW, those aren't Mr Gasket gaskets. The Summit part number would have started with "MRG" not "FOG" which indicates "Flatout Gaskets". Yep, I'm bored today and looked it up. :D Also, depending on whether you look in a print catalog or online, they list them as being for BBC or SBC. Wonder which listing is incorrect?

meaniam
06-15-2005, 12:00 PM
it does show flatout gasket. well i got the copper mr gasket and was charged flat out price. when i talked to them earlier about other gaskets, they said that sometime when out of stock they will place higher quality in there instead and charge the lesser price. that was when i talked to them about permatorque blue oil pan gasket from felpro. they didnt carry it so they sent something else im returning it cuase i want the 1 pcs gasket. no big deal

meaniam
06-15-2005, 12:01 PM
i was a litlle pissed that i had to call and sound like a whiner but i am the ahole

slotracer
06-15-2005, 02:51 PM
not sure what you are working on. but if its a bbc the flepro # is 1884r for the one piece oil pan gasket from flepro for a bbc. i have gotten 2 of the from summit. i deall with them all the time and never had a problem returning anything to them.
pat(slotracer) :messedup: