PDA

View Full Version : Ultra being towed during poker run (guess who it was)

BigDoug
04-30-2006, 08:48 AM
One of our own was being towed back down river on the Az. side, he must have broke.......................guess who it was (new ultra) ?........... :)

Jyruiz
04-30-2006, 08:59 AM
Don't care who it is, that sucks, but do tell and hope it was nothing serious.

JetBoatRich
04-30-2006, 09:19 AM
Sucks, but it happens :mad:
Who was it :boxed:

SummitKarl
04-30-2006, 09:20 AM
One of our own was being towed back down river on the Az. side, he must have broke.......................guess who it was (new ultra) ?........... :)
"SCOOP SK" was on the scene, the victim had no comment other than to throw the Shocker :)

Kilrtoy
04-30-2006, 09:37 AM
Hope it is nothing serious
What happen dan

jdogginla
04-30-2006, 09:49 AM
Sounds like it might be Dan.....hope it's not too bad.

Mohave Vice
04-30-2006, 09:54 AM
Dan ......hey bud! ...what happened?

BigDoug
04-30-2006, 12:15 PM
Yep, you guys got it................Dan
Hope he comes on to tell us what happened.

6 Dollar Boat
04-30-2006, 02:56 PM
I saw Dan being towed Sat after the poker run, I hope it's nothing serius....
The funny thing is I had just towed a new 27 Shadow to Cattail cove. Seems that Ultra needs to train their riggers a little better... :argue: :crossx:

GRUNION
04-30-2006, 03:05 PM
being towed SUCKS

GrapeApe
04-30-2006, 04:19 PM
;)
Seems that Ultra needs to train their riggers a little better... :argue: :crossx:
Before you talk out your Ass, maybe we should hear what happened first!!! :argue: ;)

raff
04-30-2006, 04:22 PM
The funny thing is I had just towed a new 27 Shadow to Cattail cove. Seems that Ultra needs to train their riggers a little better... :argue: :crossx:
How do you know it's the riggers fault? Maybe you know something that we don't, spill........
You should really have the facts to back up a statement like that.
Mark out

02HoWaRd26
04-30-2006, 04:33 PM
What a bunch of dicks!!!

6 Dollar Boat
04-30-2006, 04:38 PM
How do you know it's the riggers fault? Maybe you know something that we don't, spill........
You should really have the facts to back up a statement like that.
Mark out
A 27 Shadow with 15 HRS.( not Dan's boat ) Bilge filled with gas, due to improper install of tank.
The tank was drained at Savage...FACTS

Jbb
04-30-2006, 04:41 PM
Them damm sound boys..... :mad:

6 Dollar Boat
04-30-2006, 04:43 PM
;)
Before you talk out your Ass, maybe we should hear what happened first!!! :argue: ;)
"I towed an ULTRA"...... I'm sorry if that sounds like it came out of my ASS.:yuk:

Kilrtoy
04-30-2006, 04:44 PM
Dan told the wife he blew his drive.

redneckcharlie
04-30-2006, 04:59 PM
there isn't a manufacturer around that hasn't had an employee make a mistake! for that matter, there isn't one person on these boards or anywhere else that is perfectly flawless in every job they have ever done. and if someone ever states they've never made a mistake, they're ful of sxxt!! :crossx:

Jbb
04-30-2006, 05:09 PM
there isn't a manufacturer around that hasn't had an employee make a mistake! for that matter, there isn't one person on these boards or anywhere else that is perfectly flawless in every job they have ever done. and if someone ever states they've never made a mistake, they're ful of sxxt!! :crossx:
:rolleyes:
Ever heard of Chuck Norris...?

Mardonzi
04-30-2006, 05:24 PM
Maybe he went upriver with a 1/2 tank of gas... (private joke)....
tnb,,, how many margs at dinner?

redneckcharlie
04-30-2006, 05:26 PM
who the hell is chuck norris? :rollside:

6 Dollar Boat
04-30-2006, 05:29 PM
:rolleyes:
Ever heard of Chuck Norris...?
Didn't he work at Aftershock???...(oh that was another thread) I can't believe I went there... :D :D :D
BTW, I think Ultra makes some of the nicest looking boats on the water, and I have nothing against them personally... :) :) :)

andy01
04-30-2006, 05:34 PM
Seems that Ultra needs to train their riggers a little better... :argue: :crossx:
John builds a great boat but I will second that.........

Big Bear
04-30-2006, 05:58 PM
I was headed back to the channel from Steamboat when I saw Dan with his hatch open. He said the drive was spewing oil so I tossed him a rope. Little did I know he had launched across from Black Meadow landing. Long tow being tossed by all the boat wakes. Hope the damage was not too bad. He was able to retrieve under his own power.

6 Dollar Boat
04-30-2006, 06:47 PM
I was headed back to the channel from Steamboat when I saw Dan with his hatch open. He said the drive was spewing oil so I tossed him a rope. Little did I know he had launched across from Black Meadow landing. Long tow being tossed by all the boat wakes. Hope the damage was not too bad. He was able to retrieve under his own power.
I hope the boat is OK. I passed about 100 ft from you, and the smell of gear oil was so strong, I stopped to check under my hatch...

ULTRA28
04-30-2006, 06:48 PM
I called Dan yesterday when I heard that somebody saw him being towed in. He said the drive broke.
As for the other 27, I had Savage look at it and drain the tank. Not the sound boys on this one. Savage says it's leaking, not sure what about it is leaking at this point. Won't know until the boat makes it into my shop on Tuesday.

THOR
04-30-2006, 08:03 PM
A 27 Shadow with 15 HRS.( not Dan's boat ) Bilge filled with gas, due to improper install of tank.
The tank was drained at Savage...FACTS
Another post from a profession boat builder.
6DB = pro rigger :rolleyes:

shadow
04-30-2006, 08:46 PM
I called Dan yesterday when I heard that somebody saw him being towed in. He said the drive broke.
As for the other 27, I had Savage look at it and drain the tank. Not the sound boys on this one. Savage says it's leaking, not sure what about it is leaking at this point. Won't know until the boat makes it into my shop on Tuesday.
Gotta remember boats are built by Mexicans,not machines. ;)

purrfecttremor
04-30-2006, 08:49 PM
Gotta remember boats are built by Mexicans,not machines. ;)
:confused:

shadow
04-30-2006, 08:53 PM
:confused:
What part of that don't you understand?They put my last 2 Ultras together and did a dam good job.

mbrown2
04-30-2006, 08:53 PM
Don't fret people...there were all kinds of boats broken this past weekend....
Ultra's being towed, Eliminators, DCB's, Spectre's, Skater's limping in, Outerlimits limping in...lots of broken boats...its just boating...:)

shadow
04-30-2006, 08:56 PM
Don't fret people...there were all kinds of boats broken this past weekend....
Ultra's being towed, Eliminators, DCB's, Spectre's, Skater's limping in, Outerlimits limping in...lots of broken boats...its just boating...:)
MB,something doesn't look right with your old boat.Just doesn't have the shine it used to.Been seeing it and i think you need to buy it back and take care of it like it deserves.

98 Vector 21
04-30-2006, 09:29 PM
We would like to thank you for that tow...it was not the most enjoyable 2hour ride We have ever had...And We will make good on it.....

98 Vector 21
04-30-2006, 09:30 PM
Something like the Exxon Valdez..... :cool: We did see the other 27 gettin walked onto a trailer as I went for Dans trailer....

98 Vector 21
04-30-2006, 09:33 PM
This might be a bad week to talk to John..We keep playing phone tag. Theres a hint Mr, Focker! But were still looking at that other one that starts with the C word...

mbrown2
04-30-2006, 09:38 PM
MB,something doesn't look right with your old boat.Just doesn't have the shine it used to.Been seeing it and i think you need to buy it back and take care of it like it deserves.
LMAO.....I sat in the Blue F32 at the Nautical Dock...Dave did an amazing job on it, but I would have to take an extra day off for the river just to clean the dam thing...:)

Wake Havasu
04-30-2006, 09:51 PM
Who Towed Ballistic?
There were 1.2 million dollar boats that couldn't even be launched.
Stuff happens.

shadow
04-30-2006, 09:58 PM
LMAO.....I sat in the Blue F32 at the Nautical Dock...Dave did an amazing job on it, but I would have to take an extra day off for the river just to clean the dam thing...:)
shit dude i'm thinking it would take half a week to get that thing back in the condition as when you owned it.

mbrown2
04-30-2006, 10:15 PM
shit dude i'm thinking it would take half a week to get that thing back in the condition as when you owned it.
U R killing me! :)

6 Dollar Boat
05-01-2006, 06:20 AM
Another post from a profession boat builder.
6DB = pro rigger :rolleyes:
All I know about boats, is when you push that lever forward with your right hand, it costs alot of money... :) :) :) :)
As for the ultra I towed with a sponson full of gas, you will have to talk to Steve at Savage to get more info. :argue: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

pm069
05-01-2006, 06:28 AM
We would like to thank you for that tow...it was not the most enjoyable 2hour ride We have ever had...And We will make good on it.....
Count me in to donate a case of your favorite beer. It's really nice that you towed him all that way.

Tom Brown
05-01-2006, 06:33 AM
Them damm sound boys..... :mad:
It's time to send RiverDave down there with a pool cue to straighten those boys out.

dicudmore
05-01-2006, 07:19 AM
Thanks for the word on that Scott...I wondered what happened with that other Shadow...they already had that roped on to the trailer and gone when we got off.

Jbb
05-01-2006, 07:21 AM
It's time to send RiverDave down there with a pool cue to straighten those boys out.
RD will take no prisoners....Bang!

dicudmore
05-01-2006, 07:57 AM
Dan told the wife he blew his drive.
525 with xr?
yes to both of the above
How's that for trying to take care of the customer? John called me before I was even off the water :cool: I couldn't ask for much more than that...
Actually had calls from John, and 2 Ultra customers before we were back on the trailer. Thanks guys :cool:

Tom Brown
05-01-2006, 08:00 AM
RD will take no prisoners....Bang!
When RD is done with them, they'll need liquid ice to sooth the bruises on their asses.

ultra27jay
05-01-2006, 08:06 AM
my shadow ran perfect all weekend. it may not be the fastest thing but that will come in due time. and as far as the sound boys go what a joke they ruined my stereo. but thanks to shadow for the refural to WIRED FOR SOUND. all i can say is holly crap i now have a real stereo...thanks adam.

dicudmore
05-01-2006, 10:18 AM
who has pics of me getting towed in?

Ziggy
05-01-2006, 10:45 AM
Well Karl might have but you didn't look real happy....so I don't think he did.
We towed in some friends ourselves a short while later :cry:

dicudmore
05-01-2006, 10:46 AM
Well Karl might have but you didn't look real happy....so I don't think he did.
We towed in some friends ourselves a short while later :cry:
it was HOT and my cooler was getting low on ICE :mad:

purrfecttremor
05-01-2006, 10:47 AM
What part of that don't you understand?They put my last 2 Ultras together and did a dam good job.
That isn't the way I took it.Am I bad? Ill introduce Myself next weekend and by Ya a beer! :smile:

Ziggy
05-01-2006, 10:51 AM
it was HOT and my cooler was getting low on ICE :mad:
Yup, thats the look you had.... :D :p

shadow
05-01-2006, 11:06 AM
That isn't the way I took it.Am I bad? Ill introduce Myself next weekend and by Ya a beer! :smile:
No worries,just meant that boats are assembled by humans.See you next time out & Beers are on me. :)

dicudmore
05-01-2006, 11:09 AM
Yup, thats the look you had.... :D :p
well at first when you guys pulled up i was thinking who is that? Then I figured it out :cool:
I think I waved to almost everybody on these boards on my liesurely cruise back down there :p

Ziggy
05-01-2006, 11:17 AM
well at first when you guys pulled up i was thinking who is that? Then I figured it out :cool:
I think I waved to almost everybody on these boards on my liesurely cruise back down there :p
LOL---I can imagine and we caught you near the end of the trek so you had more time to stew :)
Blessing might be if no one had the heart to snap a pic you can deny it all together ;) :D

Biglue
05-01-2006, 11:25 AM
Sorry to hear about your troubles Dan. Hope you get back on the water soon.

dicudmore
05-01-2006, 11:29 AM
LOL---I can imagine and we caught you near the end of the trek so you had more time to stew :)
Blessing might be if no one had the heart to snap a pic you can deny it all together ;) :D
hopefully next time we meet under better circumstances :cool:

shippingguy
05-01-2006, 11:41 AM
No worries,just meant that boats are assembled by humans.See you next time out & Beers are on me. :)
Not trying to jack this thread. Darrell, Holly and I had a great time hanging with you and your wife in the channel. I am glad we finally got to hang out you both are great people. Thanks for helping me keep my boat on the shore since with the broken ankle it was hard for me to do!! See you soon!

Focker
05-01-2006, 11:42 AM
Hey Dan
Ive Got An Ultra For Sell I Could Let U Have Real Cheap

sigepmock
05-01-2006, 02:55 PM
Sorry to hear about the bad luck Dan. Let know what you find out went wrong.
We were headed the other direction and slowed down to turn around to see what happened when we almost got run over by I swear a two story Baja or something ...it was huge and he was followed by another 5 or six big Vee's hot on his tail....so we decided real fast not to slow down and try turning around......damn it was rough out there in our little 21....
Again sorry to hear you went down. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help....I think we're headed down to El Cajon on Wed or Thursday.
Chris

shadow
05-01-2006, 04:26 PM
Not trying to jack this thread. Darrell, Holly and I had a great time hanging with you and your wife in the channel. I am glad we finally got to hang out you both are great people. Thanks for helping me keep my boat on the shore since with the broken ankle it was hard for me to do!! See you soon!
Nice hanging out with you and Holly!Summer has just begun,we'll have to do it again.

shippingguy
05-01-2006, 04:29 PM
Nice hanging out with you and Holly!Summer has just begun,we'll have to do it again.
We will be back for Memorial. Busy the next couple of weeks!

shadow
05-01-2006, 04:31 PM
See you then. :)

Big Bear
05-01-2006, 04:32 PM
Hey neighbor, it was my pleasure to help out. Shit happens to all of us now and then and it is a good feeling to help out knowing that if it ever happened to me there are plenty of hot boaters out there who would have my back.

Big Bear
05-01-2006, 04:37 PM
Count me in to donate a case of your favorite beer. It's really nice that you towed him all that way.
Hey another neighbor! It was nothing, buy me a couple of shots of Patron and we're good. :D
I always wanted to try my hand at driving a tow truck. :D

98 Vector 21
05-01-2006, 05:35 PM
Just e-mailed you a eagle's view......

dicudmore
05-01-2006, 08:26 PM
Just e-mailed you a eagle's view......
dude check your email, then send those Hallett pics off...
lets move this thing...
I can demo it for him anytime ya know :wink: