PDA

View Full Version : eliminator vs sleekcraft

edinhavasu
04-30-2006, 11:12 AM
I'm thinking about buying a new (used) boat and found a couple i'm interested in, an 04 Eliminator Eagle 250 with 40 hours and a 99 Sleekcraft Enforcer 26' with 300 hours but alot of maintenance records. This is the first time i've looked at these boats, can anyone tell me how they compare? both are open bow and very clean.

BoaterX
04-30-2006, 10:54 PM
Sounds like two completely different boats..... 1999 vs 2004. Maybe they're in the same price range? How are you comparing these two boats?
How about some more specs? Engine size, options, etc.

edinhavasu
05-02-2006, 10:33 AM
No, not the same price, just wondering if there was $20k difference. I'm trying to get the most for the money. both have 496 mag and bravo 1, I've heard that the Eliminator is a much nicer boat but like i said, never really checked them out before.

USCFAN
05-02-2006, 10:53 AM
This should be interesting! :argue:

Run_em_Hard
05-02-2006, 12:02 PM
I think that both of those boats would give you very good quality. The eliminator would be nice because it only has 40 hrs but the sleek would be nice cause of its size. If the sleek is 20k less...that is alot of money. You could have a real nice rebuilt motor built for the sleek for 20k and have plenty left over. Look at the lines and think about what appeals to you the best and which you would feel the best drivin. My .02

HammerDown
05-03-2006, 04:05 PM
Doesn't the Eliminator name hold a better resale value?

teamaquaholicks
05-03-2006, 05:23 PM
go to nada and book them out. remember though, the book will be lower than what a vessel will be appraised at. they are both great boats. we all know who jesse james is west coast choppers. his first boat was an eliminater and it fell apart at havasu. then he went to ultra and now he is selling everything. my point is, it's all about how you use them. they are both strong names in the industry. i would go with the cheaper one customize it a little to make it yours, and just have a good time. 20k is a lot of money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! a boat will only sell for what it appraises at. the name isn't going to make the boat more expensive. the options will.
just my opinion, i've owned three boat now.

Beer-30
05-03-2006, 08:37 PM
Doesn't the Eliminator name hold a better resale value?
I really don't think one holds more than the other. I see that the percentage is about the same - it just depends on the original NEW price. Say one is 10% more expensive than the other to start, it will be 10% higher at the same age as the other one. Clear as mud?

edinhavasu
05-05-2006, 11:27 PM
Well, I bit the bullet and got the Eliminator, it was a good chunk more, but I think it handles nicer and I'm thinking fewer hours means fewer problems. I was trying to figure out how to put a picture on here, how do you do it?

cc322
05-06-2006, 07:14 AM
Well, I bit the bullet and got the Eliminator, it was a good chunk more, but I think it handles nicer and I'm thinking fewer hours means fewer problems. I was trying to figure out how to put a picture on here, how do you do it?
Congrats..my friend has a 25 eagle and loves it.

Beer-30
05-06-2006, 07:44 AM
Search on here for "posting pics" there were several descriptive threads on how to do it.