PDA

View Full Version : Pop Off Valve Brains

BUSBY
04-30-2006, 11:26 AM
Hey guys and gals ... I know this might get moved into spam soon, but I think it belongs here more as it olny has to do with Jetter's & your safety. So here it is:
I just went through a build of 10 pop off valve brains and sold 8 already. I have two still available. So, if your looking for a brain that will actually make that valve work like it's supposed to when it should, get in touch with me.
$350 each for these, I am looking into a billet box for the next version which will make it about $50 more for the next run, same internal electronics, but just a more "pretty" box.
Contact me with any questions.
(949) 581-3330 - shop
Brian

77charger
04-30-2006, 11:41 AM
get back to beer drinkin.I might have to stop by nascar race is delayed :mad: .
btw i have seen these boxes they look pretty good too.seem to be water tight also

BGJ 249
04-30-2006, 01:09 PM
Mine works that Brian made
Great system
We are drinking beer Robert, watching the Laker game. Swing by later.
Ron

BGJ 249
04-30-2006, 01:09 PM
Great system
Ron

77charger
04-30-2006, 08:12 PM
Great system
Ron
man you guys drink too much i am just waking up again. :rollside: heaad hurts too

BUSBY
04-30-2006, 10:14 PM
man you guys drink too much i am just waking up again. :rollside: heaad hurts too
What is that old saying? If you can't run with the big dogs ... stay on the porch!
Now that we (my Dad & I) have made it back to Irvine, the party has just begun! ... shoot, it's early ...
Maybe you'll catch up with us next weekend ...
it's gonna be one long party week!

moneysucker
05-01-2006, 09:52 PM
The one I have of your old one is not this version of the brain is it? I do need this pop off rebuilt as well. I need it by the San Diego race. Now I have to find where I put the whole thing. Sucks having everything strung across the county. We will see this weekend when I get my fuel pump back if I will need one or not though.
Cy

UBFJ #454
05-01-2006, 11:47 PM
I have one of Brian's 'Brains' that came with the Nelson PopOff I got from Mike F that is an 'Extra' ... Make me a reasonable offer and pay shipping and it's yours.

BUSBY
05-02-2006, 08:19 AM
I have one of Brian's 'Brains' that came with the Nelson PopOff I got from Mike F that is an 'Extra' ... Make me a reasonable offer and pay shipping and it's yours.
I think yours needs a new circuit board ... I think it got wet ... sorry, but that's what I think I remember ...

BUSBY
05-02-2006, 08:21 AM
The one I have of your old one is not this version of the brain is it? I do need this pop off rebuilt as well. I need it by the San Diego race. Now I have to find where I put the whole thing. Sucks having everything strung across the county. We will see this weekend when I get my fuel pump back if I will need one or not though.
Cy
CY ... give me a call at the shop (949) 581-3330 ...
Brian

UBFJ #454
05-02-2006, 07:09 PM
"I think yours needs a new circuit board ... I think it got wet ... sorry, but that's what I think I remember ..."
Thanks for the 'Heads Up' and your "Product Support" when I was talking to Mike ... You knew about the deal going down ... Mike called you and asked your Advice ... Your Comment "Sell It, Gey Rid of It".
Seems my offering one of 'Your Products" for the cost of Shipping, plus change, because it's an UnUsable Item to us (unusable because your circuitry is Wrong for our system) has Upset you in your Scheme of things ...
I Don't Forget Things like this ... I Truely Hope You Don't Either.

BUSBY
05-02-2006, 08:39 PM
"I think yours needs a new circuit board ... I think it got wet ... sorry, but that's what I think I remember ..."
Thanks for the 'Heads Up' and your "Product Support" when I was talking to Mike ... You knew about the deal going down ... Mike called you and asked your Advice ... Your Comment "Sell It, Gey Rid of It".
Seems my offering one of 'Your Products" for the cost of Shipping, plus change, because it's an UnUsable Item to us (unusable because your circuitry is Wrong for our system) has Upset you in your Scheme of things ...
I Don't Forget Things like this ... I Truely Hope You Don't Either.
Jak ... I don't think it went down that way ... at all ... I seem to remember speaking to you about the brain ... and you said it wasn't useful for you ... during my conversation with Mike, I told him if he wasn't going to use it to sell it to you because you were looking for one ... that was the only reason for supporting Mike's sale to you.
As far as product support, I will replace the needed items for you ... you just pay for the parts ... it's not my fault that the unit got wet ... it wasn't in my boat.
I remember you saying it was junk to you anyways.
I've only spoken to you once about this valve ... and it did work for a Nelson Valve when Mike sold it, but I recommended to him (as I do to you) to replace the electrical components even if they are working due to possible future failure.
As far as remembering things ... I will always remember a public bashing ... don't worry.
Regards,
Brian Busby
If you have anything further to say you already have my number. Just give me a call.

UBFJ #454
05-03-2006, 06:09 PM
Brian,
Quote you: "I will always remember a public bashing."
As Do I ... The insinuation in what you posted P'd me off ... The implication was that what I offered was not a functional item, a POS if you will. You did not call me (and yes, you have all of my #'s) nor PM me to see what I had done with the unit since I received it.
For the Record ... Anything that I, or for that matter, Anyone in Our Organization Offers For Sale, For Free or For Loan is Absolutely 100% Functional in the Task it was Designed For ... If it is not, it is not offered and destroyed. To insinuate anything else is ludicrous and will not be well received by me or any in our Organization.
That having been said, I really don't have anymore to say on the Subject Here, On The Telephone or, In Person.
Jak

cyclone
05-03-2006, 07:08 PM
hold on a second here fellas. i'm assuming neither of you has actually tested that box since i sent it to Jak. Yes the inside of the box shows moisture was present but if you put power to it, it does produce a positive 12-volt trigger, which is what its designed to do.
so before you guys get into an argument over faulty equipment please check the box. I dont believe there's anything wrong with it other than some internal corrosion that at the moment, isn't stopping the thing from working.
And Jak, Brian didn't know I was selling the pop off until after i sent it to you. I told him later on. So he's not out to screw you or anyone else. He merely was stating that the box might need a new board put into it because after i sent it over to you i told him that although it works, moisture had gotten into it from a hole drilled through the bottom of the box.

UBFJ #454
05-03-2006, 08:23 PM
You Assume Wrong ... I Tested and 'Rebuilt' as Appropriate to make it functional as designed ... one solder joint, water proofed it ... No Big Deal.
Again, For the Record ... Anything that I, or for that matter, Anyone in Our Organization Offers For Sale, For Free or For Loan is Absolutely 100% Functional in the Task it was Designed For ... If it is not, it is not offered and destroyed.

cyclone
05-03-2006, 08:26 PM
well you sure showed me then.
have a nice day.

BUSBY
05-04-2006, 06:59 AM
I think yours needs a new circuit board ... I think it got wet ... sorry, but that's what I think I remember ...
I hate to have to go out and quote myself Jak ... but if you read what I posted ... I never bashed you or the brain you have. I simply stated that it might need to be looked at ... never that it was a POS ...
I'm glad you figured it out and fixed anything that might be wrong and support your sale to anyone else if it's in proper working order. But you came into my thread ... and kinda threw aout a low ball pricing for the same unit ... a preowned one ... who should be ticked off? You or Me?
I think you could have had some class and offered it up in SPAM under your own thread.
Sorry, but that's the way I took your original post.
If anyone would like to buy Jak's brain ... I will still support repairs. It was built for a Nelson Pop Off valve ... good luck Jak.

BUSBY
05-04-2006, 07:01 AM
now that that is over, I have only one new brain left, built for the Mills/Miersch style Pop Off Valves ... I will have it at Lake Ming with me this weekend if anyone is interested.
Brian