PDA

View Full Version : L.A. Roadster show this weekend..

KROOZIN
06-17-2005, 09:16 AM
LA Roadster show at Pomona sat & sun..
For those of us not able to boat this weekend, there will be some bad a$$ cars on display. I think I read 800 roadsters all pre-36....whew!!
I'll be there, sitting in the swap area on Saturday, helping a buddy sell his roadster (black & green 32) stop by and say hi :cool:
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2595small_pic.jpg

mbrown2
06-17-2005, 09:27 AM
When is your boat going to be done Krooz?
Your buddy's got a nice Roadster...my father in law sold a 32 like that about 18 months ago....EFI motor and redone custom from the ground up topped with Yellow Vette paint...

KROOZIN
06-17-2005, 09:42 AM
When is your boat going to be done Krooz?
Your buddy's got a nice Roadster...my father in law sold a 32 like that about 18 months ago....EFI motor and redone custom from the ground up topped with Yellow Vette paint...
My boat is leaving Tues. for Michigan, for the summer. I'm going to do some poker runs back there and have them help me dial it in. I want to have it back out here for September....it's too damn hot here July & Aug without the bimini anyway! :mad:
Can I ask how much your father in law got for it? This one is fiberglass with a ZR-1 motor..

INSman
06-17-2005, 09:45 AM
Dan
You thinking about some ocean stuff in September, or lake only ??

KROOZIN
06-17-2005, 09:49 AM
Dan
You thinking about some ocean stuff in September, or lake only ??
Well after reading that thread (in bench racers) I better stick to the ocean (lol) :D
I want to hit the lake for sure (it's too fun there) and maybe some San Diego too...Marriott has a nice hotel and pool right on the waterfront with docks :D :D
Possibly a few Mead trips too....I'd like to explore that lake some more :cool:
That's alot of trips in one month l.o.l. so, I guess I'll be boating thru thanksgiving :cool:

mbrown2
06-17-2005, 09:50 AM
My boat is leaving Tues. for Michigan, for the summer. I'm going to do some poker runs back there and have them help me dial it in. I want to have it back out here for September....it's too damn hot here July & Aug without the bimini anyway! :mad:
Can I ask how much your father in law got for it? This one is fiberglass with a ZR-1 motor..
It had the Camaro Z28 TPI motor in it....Lost his job here in Cali so he had to put it up for sale...had it listed for 40K+ for several months....ended up getting just above 30K for it...from a guy up north....too bad he had to sell it...I am thinking about having him put together a 67is Camaro for me...he has done 3-4 cars in the last 10 years...early 50's Ford Truck, 70's El Camino, and a couple 32 coupe's...He is in AZ now and probably ready for another project.
Good luck on the boating back east...probably good you are going where it is cooler cause we would laugh at you with a Bimini on the skater.. :) :wink:

KROOZIN
06-17-2005, 09:58 AM
It had the Camaro Z28 TPI motor in it....Lost his job here in Cali so he had to put it up for sale...had it listed for 40K+ for several months....ended up getting just above 30K for it...from a guy up north....too bad he had to sell it...I am thinking about having him put together a 67is Camaro for me...he has done 3-4 cars in the last 10 years...early 50's Ford Truck, 70's El Camino, and a couple 32 coupe's...He is in AZ now and probably ready for another project.
Good luck on the boating back east...probably good you are going where it is cooler cause we would laugh at you with a Bimini on the skater.. :) :wink:
Thanks for the info...sounds like he's got good taste in cars, 67 camaro would be fun..
Well if I can't run a bimini, and I can't go in the gorge to find a nice beach....I guess I'll have to get a big ol' sombrero and a battery powered fan :D :D

Steamin' Rice
06-17-2005, 10:45 AM
Kroozin, you're not doing the SCOPE poker run in Aug?? :supp:

orange picker
06-17-2005, 11:09 AM
LA Roadster show at Pomona sat & sun..
For those of us not able to boat this weekend, there will be some bad a$$ cars on display. I think I read 800 roadsters all pre-36....whew!!
I'll be there, sitting in the swap area on Saturday, helping a buddy sell his roadster (black & green 32) stop by and say hi :cool:
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2595small_pic.jpg
Kroozin Ill be their sunday with my pop we go every year, By the way he just sold a 32 high boy roadster with a 540 big block for 60,000 amazing it was fiberglass also :eek:

INSman
06-17-2005, 11:13 AM
Well after reading that thread (in bench racers) I better stick to the ocean (lol) :D
I want to hit the lake for sure (it's too fun there) and maybe some San Diego too...Marriott has a nice hotel and pool right on the waterfront with docks :D :D
Possibly a few Mead trips too....I'd like to explore that lake some more :cool:
That's alot of trips in one month l.o.l. so, I guess I'll be boating thru thanksgiving :cool:
I am definitely interested in either the San Diego deal and Mead if there is room for me in your group !! :D

KROOZIN
06-17-2005, 12:31 PM
Kroozin, you're not doing the SCOPE poker run in Aug?? :supp:
Ozarks shootout and Long Beach are both the same weekend. I don't think I want to do the shootout, my buddy was talking me into it (he thinks we can win my class)....but I want to do the Scope Long Beach run! This will be my third attempt at trying to make it all the way. Last two I broke..(sounds familiar I know...damn it!)
I'll have it home by the 25th....I'm doing the WMPA dash for cash on Aug 12th, then I'll send it home.
I can't miss my club's big run!! :D

KROOZIN
06-17-2005, 12:32 PM
Kroozin Ill be their sunday with my pop we go every year, By the way he just sold a 32 high boy roadster with a 540 big block for 60,000 amazing it was fiberglass also :eek:
Sweet...my buddy will be happy to hear that...I don't know if I can make it Sun...my oldest daughter has a soccer tournament in HB :D

KROOZIN
06-17-2005, 12:33 PM
I am definitely interested in either the San Diego deal and Mead if there is room for me in your group !! :D
Insman, lets plan it!!! Maybe we can get some other peeps from here...Anybody else interested?? :cool:

INSman
06-17-2005, 01:33 PM
Insman, lets plan it!!! Maybe we can get some other peeps from here...Anybody else interested?? :cool:
I am sure we can get quite a group together, we just need to come up with some tentative dates for either location and just plan it !! "If you plan it, they will come" !! :D

Steamin' Rice
06-17-2005, 02:52 PM
SCOPE has both a Mead trip and a San Diego trip planned for this year.. Mead is at the end of this month and San Diego is in July... Check it out. www.scopeinfo.com
If you guys put together another San Diego trip let me know. I'm not going to be able to make the SCOPE trip but would like to make a run down there sometime..

KROOZIN
06-17-2005, 03:16 PM
SCOPE has both a Mead trip and a San Diego trip planned for this year.. Mead is at the end of this month and San Diego is in July... Check it out. www.scopeinfo.com
If you guys put together another San Diego trip let me know. I'm not going to be able to make the SCOPE trip but would like to make a run down there sometime..
It would have to be a September run for me. I don't have my calendar here, but how about the 2nd weekend after the Scope LB run? Sept.10th? I think the kids are still out of school, maybe we can make it a 3 day run? Sept 9-11th.....
Anyone who doesn't want to run in the water from Newport can drive down and launch down by Mission Bay. That way even small boats can show up and have a blast!
We would probably have to book the dock spaces fairly early, I think they book up fast.
I'll do some research on Monday...
The kids would love the pool at the Marriott, and it's a nice walk over to the gas lamp district too... :D :D
There's also some boardwalk activities right by the hotel!!

mbrown2
06-17-2005, 04:59 PM
Just got to Parker a little bit ago....saw about 10 coupes heading the direction of Pomona...should be a good turnout.. :shift:

CornWater
06-17-2005, 05:32 PM
Just got to Parker a little bit ago....saw about 10 coupes heading the direction of Pomona...should be a good turnout.. :shift:
Go ahead... rub it in, I'm beginning not to like you.. :hammer2: j/k... have a good weekend Mike..

INSman
06-17-2005, 07:22 PM
It would have to be a September run for me. I don't have my calendar here, but how about the 2nd weekend after the Scope LB run? Sept.10th? I think the kids are still out of school, maybe we can make it a 3 day run? Sept 9-11th.....
Anyone who doesn't want to run in the water from Newport can drive down and launch down by Mission Bay. That way even small boats can show up and have a blast!
We would probably have to book the dock spaces fairly early, I think they book up fast.
I'll do some research on Monday...
The kids would love the pool at the Marriott, and it's a nice walk over to the gas lamp district too... :D :D
There's also some boardwalk activities right by the hotel!!
My kids are back in school on the 1st of September :mad:
Are you saying to launch out of Newport, make the run to SD in the ocean, spend the night or so in SD and then make the run back to Newport ??
Blane

mbrown2
06-17-2005, 08:36 PM
Go ahead... rub it in, I'm beginning not to like you.. :hammer2: j/k... have a good weekend Mike..
LOL...It's windy anyway...you would hate it....NOT...see you soon.

KROOZIN
06-19-2005, 06:36 AM
Mt kids are back in school on the 1st of September :mad:
Are you saying to launch out of Newport, make the run to SD in the ocean, spend the night or so in SD and then make the run back to Newport ??
Blane
Ya..but it would be better if we could spend two nights. You need time to explore Mission bay and San Diego bay and swim in the pool, and the ride there and back take time. Of course it's better to come home in the morning, because it's usually smoother and you need time to clean the boat. We could also launch out of Dana Point, so the ride is not so long for the kids. It can get rough for them.
Let's do Mead if it sounds easier, then I don't have to store my boat here for 2 weeks outside. The kids would have more fun at Mead. You can stay at the Lighthouse Inn (it's cheaper) or Lake Las Vegas Hyatt (very nice and nice 2 pools).....Either way sound fun. :D

skater40
06-19-2005, 10:47 AM
kroozin-A large group of skater owners arfe planning for lake mead the last week of oct.Hope you can make it.-Gary

KROOZIN
06-19-2005, 06:45 PM
kroozin-A large group of skater owners arfe planning for lake mead the last week of oct.Hope you can make it.-Gary
Gary, sounds awesome, I'd love to go!!
Is that Oct 29-30? Keep me posted. Thanks :D

INSman
06-19-2005, 08:30 PM
Ya..but it would be better if we could spend two nights. You need time to explore Mission bay and San Diego bay and swim in the pool, and the ride there and back take time. Of course it's better to come home in the morning, because it's usually smoother and you need time to clean the boat. We could also launch out of Dana Point, so the ride is not so long for the kids. It can get rough for them.
Let's do Mead if it sounds easier, then I don't have to store my boat here for 2 weeks outside. The kids would have more fun at Mead. You can stay at the Lighthouse Inn (it's cheaper) or Lake Las Vegas Hyatt (very nice and nice 2 pools).....Either way sound fun. :D
Where are you storing the boat, when not back east ??
Darn, the ocean thing was starting to sound good and I talked to a few of my relatives this weekend that suggested we even go a bit further to Ensenada and pull into the Coral Marina.

KROOZIN
06-20-2005, 06:56 AM
Where are you storing the boat, when not back east ??
Darn, the ocean thing was starting to sound good and I talked to a few of my relatives this weekend that suggested we even go a bit further to Ensenada and pull into the Coral Marina.
Ensenada, talk about a long a$$ haul!! I won't be taking my kids then, they don't really enjoy the ocean anyway (sharks and all). Which one do you want to do? I'll do either one. I can keep my boat in my driveway for 2 weeks. I'd rather boat from Long Beach to SD so I don't have to tow all the way to Dana Point, but I'll do it. You know the wide load thing :frown:
For the last month and a half my boat has been at Albert's detailing in Henderson. He has a big place. In Havasu, I rent a storage space at the south end of town by the Ace hardware store (Premier Storage), but the door is only 11'6" wide and my boat is 10'8" so it is pretty tough to get it in there. I recently rented a spot at the north end of town in a new facility. I don't know the name, I haven't been there yet, but wide doors. I got it through a friend of Keith Sayre. :wink: (thanks Keith)

INSman
06-20-2005, 07:32 AM
Ensenada, talk about a long a$$ haul!! I won't be taking my kids then, they don't really enjoy the ocean anyway (sharks and all). Which one do you want to do? I'll do either one. I can keep my boat in my driveway for 2 weeks. I'd rather boat from Long Beach to SD so I don't have to tow all the way to Dana Point, but I'll do it. You know the wide load thing :frown:
For the last month and a half my boat has been at Albert's detailing in Henderson. He has a big place. In Havasu, I rent a storage space at the south end of town by the Ace hardware store (Premier Storage), but the door is only 11'6" wide and my boat is 10'8" so it is pretty tough to get it in there. I recently rented a spot at the north end of town in a new facility. I don't know the name, I haven't been there yet, but wide doors. I got it through a friend of Keith Sayre. :wink: (thanks Keith)
I don't know about how much farther past San Diego, but it did sound fun. Yeah, I hear ya' on th shark thing, my 5 year old asks that question everytime she see's the ocean !! Let's shoot for MEAD then and stay at the Hyatt Lake Las Vegas !!??

KROOZIN
06-20-2005, 07:48 AM
Sounds great! Should we start a thread for it?
http://lakelasvegas.hyatt.com/property/index.jhtml